Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Sat, Jan-06-07, 21:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/000/165 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 243%

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will grant you the desires of you heart ~Psalms 37:4

I love your signature phrase, however, note that the Lord does not promise to give you the desires of you heart on your timeline, they will be granted on His timeline.

Karen
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Sun, Jan-07-07, 16:49

Plan: God's Will Be Done
Stats: 306/189/162 Female 5'7
BF:Morris Chestnut
Progress: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mskllsws
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will grant you the desires of you heart ~Psalms 37:4

I love your signature phrase, however, note that the Lord does not promise to give you the desires of you heart on your timeline, they will be granted on His timeline.

Karen

Yes. I am very aware of that. Thank you.

#63   ^
Old Sun, Jan-07-07, 17:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by mskllsws

Be prepared to stall. I had two six month stalls in the first 110 pounds.
Karen

How come the extremely long stalls? Didn't you change up your exercise routine? Were you on meds or something? Didn't you vary your low-carb foods?
Six months is an extremly long time to stall, but you did state you don't pratice what you preach so maybe that was it?

#64   ^
Old Sun, Jan-07-07, 17:22

Plan: WOW Rx
Stats: 435/390/265 Male 70"
BF:
Progress: 26%

Hey, on NBC's The Biggest Loser, you had folks lose over 200 pounds on that show in less than six months, and more than one lost 100 pounds in the first three months.

Three to Five hours a day of exercise and a 1500 calorie low carb, low fat diet.

Combining low carb and low fat means lots of greens and lots of clean proteins but they did it.
  #65   ^
Old Sun, Jan-07-07, 18:02

My goodness! 200 lbs in six months? Now that's just scary! I don't think I even want to lose that much weight that fast that can't be good for your body at all. Besides, Atkins states not to combine low-carb w/ low-fat. Can't remember the reason why. He just stated it wasn't good for you. Heck. Were all grown though so I guess you can do what 'cha wanna.

#66   ^
Old Mon, Jan-08-07, 21:01

Stats: 380/285/190 Male 6'
BF:28.5%
Progress: 50%

I can't say if it's possible for everyone, but I lost around 110 lbs in about a year (11 months) but I gained 35 back. Lose it as slow as you can stand, I say. For me, I wanted results fast once I discovered I could actually lose weight. It took me 10 years to figure out how...

So, now I have 95 more pounds to lose. We'll see how that goes...
  #67   ^
Old Mon, Jan-08-07, 21:39

Plan: zero carb
Stats: 275/273/135 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 1%
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyCarol
I lost 102 pounds in 10 months, but I was very devout with both food and exercise. It depends on how bad you want it and the price you're willing to pay to get it. I've slowed down, now, but I lost 114 pounds in 15 months. I don't feel deprived at all and absolutely love the food I eat on Atkins. I was away over Christmas and couldn't wait to get home so I could eat the food I was craving--legal Atkins food. I now crave what I can have. I know I can do this for life and don't really care how long it takes to lose the last 30 pounds. I'm almost 57 years old, female and have problems with low thyroid, so it's not like being very young with a great metabolism and losing a bunch. Making up your mind to do it goes a long way towards it happening for you. A positive mind-set can make the impossible happen.

Sunny!

wow this is fabulous
  #68   ^
Old Mon, Jan-08-07, 21:42

BF:

[QUOTE=MisterE]Let me add one other item to the mix.

The FIRST time I lost 102 pounds in 4 months.

The SECOND time I lost the same 100 pounds in 8 months.

The THIRD time I am losing the same 100 pounds it will take as long as it takes.

What I am trying to say is that it is NOT in the LOSING the weight where the success lies...it is in the KEEPING it off after you have lost it where true health is found.

I wish you every success in finding health. However long that takes.[/QUOTE
]
lbs in 4 months OMG how did u do that????
  #69   ^
Old Tue, Jan-09-07, 07:45
Registered Member

Plan: low carb/low fat
Stats: 255/236/155 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:32%/?/20%
Progress: 19%

As for me, the losing is the easy part. It's keeping the weight off that is hard and each time I regain, I weigh more than ever before.
  #70   ^
Old Tue, Jan-09-07, 16:01

Stats: 410/325/225 Male 5'6"
BF:60/54/52/37
Progress: 46%
Thumbs up RE: Is It REALLY possible to lose 100 lbs in a Year???

I can say that it is most definitely possible to lose 100 pounds in a year as I have lost 81 in 4 months. Only with the Help Jesus was this possible...
Heb 12:1 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,
Heb 12:2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
  #71   ^
Old Wed, Jan-10-07, 06:56

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John3:16
I can say that it is most definitely possible to lose 100 pounds in a year as I have lost 81 in 4 months. Only with the Help Jesus was this possible...
Heb 12:1 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,
Heb 12:2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

yeah i thought recenrlty about ussing god. well parying to go becoming more spiritula and relegious. i was raised catholic but i have gone to church in years except for x mas
  #72   ^
Old Wed, Jan-10-07, 08:37

Plan: paleo-ish
Stats: 482/400/240 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 34%

Quote:
How come the extremely long stalls? Didn't you change up your exercise routine? Were you on meds or something? Didn't you vary your low-carb foods?

I can't speak for anyone else, but yes, I've done all those things, and I've still been stalled nearly a year. Why? I can't say for sure, but I have some theories.

1. This past year has been extremely draining and stressful. Stress affects your hormones in preparation for killing the bandersnatch, which is what evolution thinks stress is.

2. I lost much of my weight so fast because I had a previously undiscovered food allergy so was getting sick every day. Not the right way to do that. Maybe I lost too much too quickly for my body's liking.

I've heard a lot of people with a whole lot to lose have long stalls, especially those of us who have dieted a lot in the past. Your body needs time to adjust, reorganize, and rest, before its ready to lose again.

And really, if low carb has become a way of life, then a few more months doesn't really make that much difference, we're still so much better off than we were before LC.
  #73   ^
Old Thu, Jan-11-07, 10:29

Plan: WW
Stats: 265/244/150 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 18%

wasa bandersnatch? *giggles* it don't sound good
  #74   ^
Old Thu, Jan-11-07, 17:20

Stats: 267/221/150 Female 67 in
BF:
Progress: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffybear
I just began a high protein/ low carb diet that consists of mostly shakes, bars and other low carb products. Those I know who stick to this program are typically losing between 2 and 5 lbs. a week. Some keep it off, some don't, just like any other diet.

-------------------
get rid of the "frankenfood" bars and shakes. Fake sweet candy bar type eating is not going to help you in the long run. Eat whole real foods. Learn why processed crap is bad news for your body. You are not getting the mindset about sugars and "sweets" whether they are low carb or not. One of your other posts said you made pies and cakes for your family and they didn't eat them... you did. They don't need them either. I see you have over 3000 posts, so you definitely have enough advice from this forum.... you just have to wrap your head around it and stop the excuses.
  #75   ^
Old Thu, Jan-11-07, 20:02

Plan: My own low-carb rules
Stats: 190/180/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qmass
Everyone's experience is different, but I lost 90 pounds in less than 14 months, so that's pretty close! I think it can be done.

Even if it takes longer, it still feels great to be heading in the right direction. When I went from 190 lbs to 150 lbs, I was happy to be 150 lbs because it was a big improvement, even though it wasn't even halfway to my goal.

Wow, you're 99 pounds??? Do you currently also do calorie restrictions and/or exercise? Just wondering. Wow.