Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Tue, Mar-12-02, 19:58

Plan: PPLP (Intervention) Dilettante
Stats: //
BF:
Progress: 0%
Talking Hey Meri!

You are doing so well!! Keep at it, I know you can do it!
You know how Janet was saying that she boils a dozen eggs every week? Well, I do the same thing, and I also roast a full chicken every week. That makes for almost a full weeks worth of lunches for me. Just another tip for ya. They all help, right?

You should think about starting a journal. Lots of people use them to post their daily food diary and probably helps a lot to keep them in line.

You should also check out the recipe section here in the forums. Karen Barnaby is a chef and although her recipes sound amazing, I don't have the oomph to make some of her recipes, but a lot of other people post very simple recipes and meal ideas that you may like.

I made pork rind natchos too, melted cheese and the whole 9 and my god they were good!

Glad you're doing well. I'm a little upset at the events in Esquimalt this morning, because that's less than a block from me, but I'll be okay. I'll talk to my sweetie later and that'll make me feel better. Still not smoking and that's the main thing!!!

Later chickie-poo!
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Thu, Mar-14-02, 23:12
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Oy, I have a crazy life.

What'd I miss? What events in Esquimalt (can ya talk about it?)
  #63   ^
Old Sun, Mar-17-02, 09:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 283.0/233.0/175.0 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 46%
Default Hi everybody

Hi everybody:
How's your week been?
I made the most delicious onion quiche the other day. Had cream that I had to use that day so added a couple of eggs, some lightly sauted onions, cheese & baked for about 45 minutes. It was wonderful - I have enough that I have had a slice for breakfast every morning for the past few days (it is very filling!). Next time, I'm going to add mushrooms to the onions.
After my 6.5 loss last week (2 of which was the previous week's gain), I have stayed the same this week - not surprized.
I am having 3 nieces & a nephew come over today for a few days. It's great - I get to do all the kid things I normally don't get to do & then send them home to recouperate! Next week, I am going up to my sister's place. They live on site at www.pacificsands.com as her husband is the general manager.
Janet
  #64   ^
Old Sun, Mar-17-02, 11:21
Registered Member

Stats: 264/255.5/130
BF:
Progress: 6%
Default JAMNUT!!!!!!!!!!

Very pleased, and envious, that you are getting away to Long Beach! My favorite place and boy would love taking Nicholas! We haven't been for three years! Before it was a yearly venture, hmmmm

You are set up for a great week. Yippee!...turning the kids over to their folks is one of the great Auntie pleasures...almost as much as having them!...grin

I've been dizzy, weak, and thought it was Atkins...turns out it was one heck of a sinus thing. So me...I'm a sickie. Loved Flylady by the way, am waiting for emails to come along. Thx for that tip-it's great! During my 'recovery' I'm continuuing to organise... Then, my boy and I are off searching for March Break adventure.

I lost the Induction edge on Day 5 when sick....haven't gotten back on. I seem to get through most of the day, and wo food pre-prepared....eat incorrectly. However, I am building in all the hapbits I can....drink my water, vitamins, (rest), walk, stretch....just have to get consistent with the food prep...or find a mom! lol

Glad to hear from you!....Hey Diz, how's your other lifestyle change coming along? New behaviour....not always easy to learn for me!

Keep me posted!...Have a glorious time for me Jamnut! Meri
  #65   ^
Old Mon, Mar-18-02, 18:02

BF:
Smile Hi all

This has been a pretty stressful week for me for a number of reasons that I won't go into here in the interest of time.

Judi, we missed ya! We had a great time, and are planning to do it again, so we'll keep you posted. The "events in Esquimalt" refer to yet another beating, this one about a half blockf from where I live. So, I'm on the hunt for a new neighbourhood. Yuck. (There are a ton more details in my journal, feel free to read.)

Jamnut! Way to go. Enjoy those kids and if you are like me, really enjoy giving them back. I love other people's kids!

Meri, hang in there kiddo. I hope by now you are on the mend. Just get back on track when you can. You are doing so well.

I am happy to report that today is 3 weeks of not smoking! And with all the stress I've had it's a major miracle that I haven't burned through a carton, so that's something to be happy about.

That's my mini-update. Sorry I haven't been around much, but I will keep checking in whenever I get a chance.

Hugs to you all!
  #66   ^
Old Mon, Mar-18-02, 20:30
Registered Member

BF:
Default Apt hunting...

I saw 2 bldgs on cook street below Fort, 1 br up for rent today...just fyi...check Vancouver Street too
  #67   ^
Old Mon, Mar-18-02, 21:11

BF:
Default Thanks Meri!

I sure appreciate that! Very sweet of you! I'll drive around and have a look on the weekend. I'm wishing for a place in Brentwood, but there 2 apartment building there and no one ever moves out. I grew up in Brentwood, but it probabaly won't happen!

Thanks again!
  #68   ^
Old Sat, Mar-23-02, 09:47

BF:
Default Hurrah!!

Hi!
I weighed in this a.m. & am down 3 pounds to make it 25.5 lost - a quarter of the way to goal! I also got into my size twenty jeans yesterday (down from my size 24's) and was able to wear them all day! Meri - what size are you? Do you want the 24's? They are in good shape.
Donna - hope you find an apartment soon. How are you doing food wise?
Meri - good for you for tackling your after dinner munchies. That used to really be a problem for me - now I either have 1/4 of a Protein Revolution bar if I'm wanting a chocolate taste or 10 unsalted cashews as my after dinner snack.
I survived having my nieces & nephew over - we were busy all the time & had a great time but boy, am I ever tired! Looking forward to going up to my sister's on Monday.
Looking forward to our walk!

Janet
  #69   ^
Old Sat, Mar-23-02, 10:20
Registered Member

BF:
Default Hurray for Jamnut!!!!!!!!

wow....25% ....very very cool. Good for you Janet! Keep going!

I have many 'habits' to tackle it would seem. Shock myself to find I hadn't binged in a long time....yet did last night! However, having one successful night predicts more successful nights to come. Soon success will be the habit.

...sigh... I can already hear the surf Janet...enjoy it, you deserve it.

I'll have a look at your jeans in April....imagine, I may become a jeans wearer! Been a long time since I have.

Today is a big cooking day...at least I hope. I've set too many goals for one day. I should arrange for group cooking so tons can be made up and readied!

Must get us on the move here....Congrats again Janet!

.....Donna, how are you girl?
  #70   ^
Old Sat, Mar-23-02, 11:26

BF:
Smile Hi guys

I'm doing okay. I'm still mooching around for an apartment, but it's becoming less urgent as time passes. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. I just don't want to move somewhere just as bad as Esquimalt, so I'm being picky about where I even look. I may go check out a place on Tuesday that is closer to Steve's place. At least that would be step in the right direction!

Anyway, I'm doing good with the food thing, as far as following the WOE goes, but you know I haven't lost a pound in a really long time. I lost 7 intially, which was all water, and it's all come back and I havn't budged since. Needless to say I'm more than a little frustrated. I haven't gained any weight, which I guess I should look at as a blessing. I'm beginning to wonder just how much damage I did to myself and my metabolism with the anorexia/bulemia thing??? (Meri, the gory details are in my journal, if you're wondering what I'm talking about. ) Is it possible that I will never be able to lose weight again without going the starvation route again? If that's the case then this is my size because I refuse to go down that road again, but it's not something I quite want to believe yet. I'd like to get hold of Razzle because she's been there as well. She makes this diet work. She doesn't have a journal, so I'll have to just post her a general message I guess. I'm thinking about it anyway.

Janet, you are doing so well! I am really happy for you! Meri, one binge does not kill the whole WOE right? Sometimes, you just have to give in. At least I do! That's terrible advice, but it's true!

I'll update my journal over the weekend. Thanks for checking in ladies. I've been thinking about you!

Hey Janet, do you know if Linda M. drinks wine? She won a greivance for me that's been going for over a year and I'll like to get her a thank-you gift.

Okay chicks! Talk to you later. Have to get ready for my Saturday shopping date with my landlady!

#71   ^
Old Fri, Mar-29-02, 10:47

BF:
Default Hi

Hi!
I'm back from visiting my sister in Tofino for the last few days. Had a wonderful, relaxing time but spent too much money! Had gotten my income tax refund just before I left. Bought two new blouses (on sale) as most of my other blouses are now too big. I'm going to be taking my good quality stuff to a consignment shop so I can get a bit of money back to buy new things with!

Did you notice my signature? I'm down 3 pounds again this week. I have actually increased my carbs a bit and am still losing so that is good.

Donna - I don't know if Linda drinks wine - sorry!

Meri - hope you have had more successful days than not in the past week.

One week and a day until our walk!

Janet
  #72   ^
Old Fri, Mar-29-02, 10:49

BF:
Unhappy

Don't know why my percentage doesn't show properly. It should be 28% right? 28 out of 100 pounds lost.
  #73   ^
Old Fri, Mar-29-02, 12:10

BF:
Smile Welcome back

Hey Janet, glad to hear you had a good time. Congrats on three more pounds!

I think that the problem with your percentages may be that the middle one has to decimal points. Probably throwing the formula out of whack. Tweak it a bit and see what happens.

What time are we going for a walk, did we ever decide that? Was it a Saturday or a Sunday? I can't remember now! I am looking forward to it.

I decided to forgo the wine for Linda because for some reason I just don't think she drinks at all. I'm not sure why I think that. I just got her a really nice card and left it at that. She was pretty happy about that, so I guess it was enough.

Well, talk to you soon!
  #74   ^
Old Fri, Mar-29-02, 12:17

BF:

Donna: thanks for the advice - it was the decimal!

The walk is on the Sat, the 13the - I am ahead of myself - it is actually two weeks away . We didn't set a time (at least I didn't write it down if we did). I'm an early riser so I will let you guys pick the time.
  #75   ^
Old Fri, Mar-29-02, 14:24
Registered Member

BF:
Default early is good for me too...!

besides, we'll have a visit here after right?

Phew! glad I wasn't doubled booked! Thought 13th ...othewise our walk was going to also be a 6yr old birthday party!...Do you have any Rescue Hero dressup clothes?....grin

Glad you are back Jamnut... alas, I'm ummmm,....ahhhh,...really off the wagon...trying to get back on! Major food prep needs to happen here, to give me the fail safes I seem to need. Thanks for checking up.

Take care you two. Me