Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Mon, Oct-16-06, 18:03
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 508.7/413.3/199 Female 5'10" (top weight 508???)
BF:223chol; 120/80bp
Progress: 31%

What about a cinnamon butter? I mean a BITING cinnamon, as I like it, with so much cinnamon that it gets the metabolism to rocking. Cinnamon really impacts a body. Good for bp too!

Nutmeg might be nice too. Imagine having a whole array of 'em to select from, fragrant with buttery spice. I'm getting dizzy!
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Mon, Oct-16-06, 18:17

Stats: 245/241/170 Female 5'4"
BF:40%/31%/29%
Progress: 5%

I NEVER thought of eating butter, cold out of the fridge with nothing else. I have used it in eggs, on meat, I melt it and dip ribs in it or even eat it on steak or chicken when I feel the need for more fat. Now...after reading this, you all made it sound so totally yummy, I went to the fridge and broke off a small piece, popped in on my tongue and let it melt. I have to say, it was FANTASTIC. It reminded me of eating M&M's!! It was so satisfying that I have to break off another couple of M&M size chunks and suck on them! Who would have thunk it?? How cool. I am now a butter snacker too!!!
  #48   ^
Old Mon, Oct-16-06, 18:24

Plan: Atkins/M&E
Stats: 165/127.1/115 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 76%

I have a memory of getting into the frij and taking a tablespoonful of butter . . . and my older sister going, "the baby! . . . EEEEWWWWWWW!" Had to get it on the sly after that.
  #49   ^
Old Mon, Oct-16-06, 23:00
Registered Member

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/- Female -
BF:
Progress: 96%
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer
I suppose we must include here the folks who "do" peanut butter as well as the pure butterSnackers who "do" dairy butter. Is it all the same, going for the fat and eschewing a carby carrier like a cracker or toast? How many times have I read a LC menu that includes a spoon of p'nut butter or other nut butter as a snack. Not much different in content from a handful of nuts. Just less chewing. I'm thinking that my butterknife scraping of butter is probably the essence of that 32oz glass milk that I used to chug as I drifted through a carby life reciting what I was taught in school (that milk is nature's most nearly perfect food - phaugh!).
I "do" peanut butter. Every Saturday I start my day with a spoonful of peanut butter straight from the jar. Yum!
  #50   ^
Old Tue, Oct-17-06, 08:24

Plan: general leaning toward Sb
Stats: 336/196/150 Female 5'4"
BF:gettin/down/there
Progress: 75%

For me a spoonful of peanut butter seems to curb the cravings much better than a handul of nuts. Don't get me wrong, I love the nuts but if a craving hits, it's peanut butter that does the best job of foiling the craving. Now a knife full of butter is not really my thing. I love butter but for me it really has to be on something. And on south beach we do limit our good fats.
  #51   ^
Old Tue, Oct-17-06, 09:17
Every moment is NOW.

Plan: LC (ketogenic)
Stats: 520/381/280 Female 66 inches
BF: Why yes it is.
Progress: 58%

I am still working on perfecting a crepe recipe that was fabulous for sweet ones, but I'm working on savory. Garlic butter, cinnamon-splenda-butter (actually I use a sweetener mix that is mostly other stuff), and peanut-butter-butter would be awesome rolled up in a little crepe, esp. if I can get a decent textured, tasting one to the same 1carb/5g protein level of the sweet ones. All I really want is a tuna-mayo rollup! But so far I am still experimenting for the ideal non-eggy texture, pliability, and taste. I want to be able to make a quick easy batch in the morning, stick 'em in a ziplock, and have them for use as a sort of 'rolled' breadish (as opposed to bread or a wrap/tortilla) for whatever I like on it.

I have been known to eat a giant spoon of peanut butter straight as well! But wait. MY vice is different... ;-)
  #52   ^
Old Tue, Oct-17-06, 09:22

Plan: Keto
Stats: 410/319/260 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 61%

I made homemade parsley butter (fresh parsley) and ate it on fried pork chop. It was heavenly!
  #53   ^
Old Tue, Oct-17-06, 09:42
Registered Member

Yep, some cook show featured herb butters that were rolled up and chilled afterward, with a slice of chilled herb butter being set on top of a sizzling steak. Not sure what herbs, but I think it was a mixture of fresh herbs. Savory topping for a beefsteak! What I recall was the look of dismay on the chef's face at the number of folks who set aside the herb butter. Low-fat folks! They scarfed up the steak, but sent the herb butter back uneaten.
  #54   ^
Old Tue, Oct-17-06, 14:36

Stats: 225/143/155 Female 5'10''
BF:38%/21.4%/24.9%
Progress: 117%

If you want the peanut butter flavor but not all the calories (woe to those who are at goal or below like I am, we really have to watch cals) and stickyness:

Mix your nut butter of choice with silken tofu, Splenda, and a dash of nutmeg. Put it in a jar and keep in 'fridge. It mimics peanut butter in texture and taste, but with half the carbs and calories.
  #55   ^
Old Wed, Oct-18-06, 16:30

Plan: Low Carb Style
Stats: 155/130/122 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmoryBlain
If you want the peanut butter flavor but not all the calories (woe to those who are at goal or below like I am, we really have to watch cals) and stickyness:

Mix your nut butter of choice with silken tofu, Splenda, and a dash of nutmeg. Put it in a jar and keep in 'fridge. It mimics peanut butter in texture and taste, but with half the carbs and calories.

Hey- great idea! How long does this mock Peanut Butter usually stay edible for?
  #56   ^
Old Wed, Oct-18-06, 20:52

Stats: 225/143/155 Female 5'10''
BF:38%/21.4%/24.9%
Progress: 117%

It stays for almost two weeks. You can freeze it, too.
  #57   ^
Old Tue, Oct-31-06, 07:37
Registered Member

Wishing us all a Buttery LC Hallowe'en - and a guilt-free Nov.1 with no crinkly wrappers or crumbs in our bed! We can DO this! http://forum.lowcarber.org/showpost...&postcount=2053
  #58   ^
Old Tue, Oct-31-06, 18:18
Registered Member

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/- Female -
BF:
Progress: 96%

I have no kids and I have to work this evening so no worries here! The cats will get some wet food when I get home late tonight and that's about it. It's a normal day for me food wise.
  #59   ^
Old Wed, Nov-01-06, 08:47

Stats: 215/161/145 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 77%

I would just like to say that a tablespoon of melted butter, and a tablespoon of melted peanut butter swirled together and eaten with a spoon is sooo yummy!
  #60   ^
Old Wed, Nov-01-06, 14:25
Registered Member

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 308/293/155 Female 5' 5" (inches)
BF:
Progress: 10%

It has nothing to do with trying to curb appetite or anything for me ... I've been a butter stealer since childhood!!! Yes, as a kid I was know to take a knife and scrape butter right off the stick. So, there's something else about us butter snackers - at least the obsessive ones of us who really like it. I guess it's like some people love the smell of gasoline (that would be me) and those who can't stand it ... just one of those things.

Gail in WA
Starting back low-carb TODAY!!