Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Oct-04-06, 17:22
This is the year

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 194/186.8/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

Well, I got off the pregnancy pounds, lol. Still had the original weight to come off. Guess I'll be working extra hard after this one is here!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Oct-05-06, 19:55

Plan: SBD
Stats: 159/138.5/135 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 85%

I hear ya! i kept 12lbs per baby.
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Oct-07-06, 11:44

Plan: atkins induction
Stats: 330/330/165 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 0%

sara,
Dont worry right now about losing weight. Nursing your baby and making sure you are giving her the best possible nutrition through your breastmilk is the only thing you need to worry about. Once your done nursing you can go on atkins induction and lose the weight quickly then it will be gone. Your nursing baby needs good fats, meats, veggies, fruits...an array of vitamins. i highly suggest you taking daily cod liver oil as well as good fats and raw dairy if you have access to it. check out weston a price..some great articles and even a breastfeeding mommy diet. (not a diet reallly..just the best way to eat)
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Oct-08-06, 13:49

Plan: CKD
Stats: 225/180/175 Female 179cm
BF:
Progress:
Default Night time breast milk

Just back from the Cuidiu conference, where I got my Breastfeeding Counsellor cert, which was presented by Dr Jack Newman (sorry, had to boast).

Anyway, he gave the keynote speech, and one of the interesting things he mentioned was that breastmilk not only varies from woman to woman, but from feed to feed, and he put up a diagram showing the relative compositions of bm at different times of day. The one with the lowest fat content was in the early evening (so everyone who starts wondering if they still have milk by evening are not losing their mind, it's there, but not as satisfying as other feeds) and the one with the highest fat content was the middle of the night feed.

There are a lot of factors involved here, probably one of the most important is that by early evening, you have been going all day and are tired, so your milk reflects this, as well as higher oxytocin levels at night. Every baby, as well as every mother is different, and they all have different styles of night time parenting. But if you are wondering if the midnight feed is valuable, yes, it looks as if it is.