Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Sep-19-06, 09:01

Plan: Low Carb for LIFE
Stats: 160/160/145 Female 69
BF:
Progress: 0%

sunkizzed..

how u doing??? I am glad you found my thread....I am so glad you decided to come here to talk about ur issues...

i do NOT beleive in special or medical help...I beleive that these sort of things need to be handled in our own ways...for me..its talking about it...after i say it...type it..write it..whatever..its then i realized what i am thinking..and it makes sense....or makes me feel better...makes me not want to binge...and so on..

I am not sure if every binge problem is the same for everyone?? do u usually binge on sweet things...or just over eat normal things??

why is it that is soo hard for us to stop when we know we have had enough..its soo frustrating....

Reply soon..

CAsandra
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Sep-20-06, 10:23

Plan: .............
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 00000
BF:
Progress: 29%

hey casandra, thanks somtimes its sweets sometimes its whatever like just to feel full, i guess like when i get bored, sad or i feel like theres nothing in life, also do you notice its always at night for me it always happens like after 9pm or later...i cant sleep so i end up bingeing sometimes, most the week i do fine though seems like its once a week but always i cant stop once i start
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Sep-20-06, 13:53

BF:

umm...I am tryhing to see if there is a pattern that binging follows...cuz for me...i binge on the healthy foods..most of the time....like fruits...veggies...that kind of stuff..its the watermelon..cantaloupe...that kind of stuff that makes me feel like throwing up after consuming sooo much of it....

I feel guilty to say..but i won't lie..i just binged today...i was talking talking..and the cantaloupe was ont he table to everyone to eat..and i just ate peice after the other after the other....i could not stop..so then i figure since i messed up my low carb now..why not go on..so i ate whole grain bread..with some thyme....umm..i ate an apple...an orange...all at one sitting..gosh..i feel HORRIBLE now..i feel like crying...

I told my dad...and neither he nor the rest of the family can understand why its soo hard to stop...but it IS...

My father says.."you have to eat in moderation"..and i am like "uuuuh..thats kind of where my proble is"....for people who are NOT going though this...they do NOT know waht its like...

My younger sister told me..."gosh..u must really feel bad...but how can u get to feeling tha bad just cuz of eating too much"..and i told her " you don't binge..so u will never know"....

they are more aware now that i have a problem..i am becoming more public about it..cuz i am sick ofit..

I made a bracelet for myself ...it says a phrase that will remind me that if i binge..i know how it will make me feel..i hope it works..because when ieat.. i don't think...its after everything is in me that i realize that i jut overate..and i feel like throwing up...

Waow...vent vent vent..love it...but feel like i am nagging and wining....but oh well...whatever does the trick..

I am willing to start a "NO MORE BINGING challenge" thread...do u think it will work for those of use who binge??? If you think so...PLEASE let me know..and i will start a challenge for it....i think if we do..and we keep up with it....it shoud make it harder for us to binge...whta do u think??

Let me know yall..

take care...STOP binging...(telling myself and others)..

Casandra
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Sep-20-06, 15:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/182/154 Female 5"4'
BF:
Progress: 20%

I have the same problem and it is almost like it happens without and thought or negotiating on my part. It is like another person takes over who doesnt care and off we go. Friday is a trigger for me and it will run right into Monday morning. Monday morning who ever this person is stops and lets me off and I have a very balanced week. I did talk to a dietician on the phone and ask to see her for help. I explained how well I eat during the week. She said you don't have an eating plan for the weekend. You have to come up with one. I dont seem to have been able to come up with one.
Right now I have been on induction for 16days. I feel fabulous. I made it through 2 weekends with no problems. Just typing this I realize now that I am in control I have to think and plan for what my weekend will be like when I start adding back.
Just my thoughts,
Loretta
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Sep-20-06, 21:48

BF:

yeah...that would help..to have a plan for the weekend...but like you just said...another person takes over..so even with the plan...one would still binge...and for me..i think...if i am doing low carb..and doing excellent during the week...then why not just continue on through the weekend??

Its so frustrating..

i binged yesturday.....but my total caloric consumption was around 1400....but it was like alllll at once...

I know my face is more bloated...but i am not sure if i gained or what...i wouldn't be surprised if i did....after binging..i ran up and down staris for about 25 minutes..and boy..do i feel it in my legs....

I HATE binging so much...i have had a hand on it lately..but then i got sick..and things just got out of hand..and now that i have been off my routine..i realize how bored i am with the low carb routine...very bored...there is nothin to look forward to on it..so i know i MUST start using recipe..and using all the tools that are given to me...cuz i always take the simple way out....i would prefer to hve eggs..cuz there is nothing to them..cooking wise...cheese..easy..get it out and eat it...lunchmeat...ready cooked meats...but its the way i want my food...so..i gotta start cooking i guess...gosh..another thing i hate..(smile)...

I thank you for sharing your thoughts loretta....Please come on here and give advice....I for sure need it..and I am sure the other girls on here would appreciate it.

Thanks again.

Casandra
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Sep-25-06, 07:15

Stats: 171/163/150 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 38%

I am an emotional eater- and someone dear to me hurt my feelings last night, insulting my weight- so I ate an ice cream sundae, (like THAT helps me lose?!) and I am SO VERY PROUD OF MYSELF THAT I WAS ABLE TO STOP AFTER JUST THAT!
Since joingin this forum I have found out other people have similar binge patterns- I am trying to break that pattern, and eat healthy, and react appropraitely to life's stresses without hurting myself with my binge eating.
I am so glad I am not alone.
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Sep-25-06, 10:35

BF:

Hi, I am trying to figure out why I had it through 3 weekends now 21 days on induction with no binging. I remember one week spot when friends came by and I offered drinks. As fast as I was talking myself into having one. I said to myself Loretta if you have that drink you will have to start all overagain on induction. Because it wasnt part of the plan. I felt so terrible 21 days ago and don't want to feel that way again.

It is when I start adding back this is when the trouble starts. I really have to come up with a plan. I think when your carb level is high your will power is low.

I also think if I come up with a routine. Like I glass of wine Saturday night. That would be my new normal. This may be the solution.

My plan is Oct 7th to have one class of wine/ beer. Stick to the induction/lc and if that works out ok and I haven't binged. I will add 1 slice of low carb bread per day.

I made LC butterscotch pudding that was nice with dinner and lunch on Sunday.

I would love to be part of a binge club? I think we could help each other through and really get a handle on binging.

Sorry to hear how incesitive your friend was. 3 weeks ago our pizza guy commented on how big I had gotten. That was after my 3 week holiday's. I was only going to eat the pizza top but I was so made at him and me for not following Atkins that I ate the crust. I started induction the next day as planned. Previously I was struggling for 2 weeks after my holiday to get on inducution. The pizza guy was the push I needed.

TAke care all
Loretta
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Sep-25-06, 10:49

BF:

Chichigirl..

Don't worry about what people think..they are not you....they can't sit there and tell u stuff like that..

you reminded me of something that happened to me before...I am not overweight...i am just righ weight wise..but wouldl ike to be firmer...so..anyway...sometimes..the way i dress throws people off..and they tell me that i am heavy..and need tolose weight..and the next day..i would wear something that fits..and they refer to me as the thin girl....so..its like...up and down emotions..one person tells me i am fat..and the other says i am thin...well...which one is it..u know..

anyway...i knew that i could not listen to anyone else..even if what either one of them said was true or not..I only care about the way IIIIII feel...

Hey 33lbs..

I have to admit...that low carb does keep one from binging...ut i got soooooooooooooooooooooo sick of meat and eggs...i couldn't handle it...and if i do add in veggies and stuff..i feel the same as eating all the high carb foods..so..now i am switching to intermittent fasting..which i think will work GREAT...i have no PROB going a long time without food...i have made it so tat i fast for 22 hours..and eat for 2...and in those 2 hours..i eat everything i want..and of course..i work out afterwards....

WEll..even though i do the fasting..i still binge in those two hours..and even though they haven't affected my weight ...i still feel miserable..cuz i binged..so..i need to get ahold of that..

I need to teach myself..that its not the end of the world if i don't pig out...for some reason..its like..eat it while its here..as if its not going to be there tomorrow..or something..its pathetic...i need some sort of reminder....

I was thinking of creating a bracelet...but i won't see it half the time...any suggestions as to how remind myself..when i am eating..to take it easy??

maybe something like this will help us all..

let me know.

Casandra
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Sep-25-06, 11:53

BF:

Cassandra you might try an elastic bracelet with beads that mean something to you and snap it to trigger the slow down in eating.

Loretta
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Sep-26-06, 04:56

BF:

My sundae binge caused me to suffer hunger all day yesterday- it sooooo wasn't worth it. But that wasn't why I ate it, I ate it to punish my fat self, which is nonsenical and that's why I'm here!
Anyway, I am back to low carb, which suppresses my appetite well.
And really helps somehow to know I am not alone- I used ot think I was crazy, starving myself or bingeing depending on emotions. Trying to rehab myself...
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Sep-26-06, 06:29

BF:

Hi Deneice, just get right back on track you haven't been so bad that you cant quickly start feeling good again. Try not to do what I tend to do and give up and go on an even crazier binge and start fresh a week later. That was my old pattern and I am terrified to not follow my plan becuase of my track record. I dont want to go back and start at day 1 Today is day 22 and I am so happy it will almost be 4 weeks. From now on I am going to have a solid plan. I think that has been my problem no plan.

Have a great day
Stay strong
Eat for you health
Loretta
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Sep-26-06, 07:55

BF:

Yup, the plan is to stay on plan, and if we fall off the wagon (or leap off) then we must not let that turn into that vicious cycle of guilt/eat more because you feel guilt/feel fat, feel sorry for fat self, so eat more/guilt...
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Sep-26-06, 19:43

Plan: .............
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 00000
BF:
Progress: 29%

i feel so bad and than the worst is i kinda bulimic so i will purge sometimes, and than afterwards go for like an 1.5 hour run but im stopping it because its just to outta hand, working with my therapist is good, and the diet is nice too, i dont eat for the sweets i do it all for emotional reasons really i dont like junk food it kinda feels sick later and i get the runs yuck...but i gain weight because i throw my body outta wack, recently i started this low carb diet because a few months back im ed was soo bad ive gained 25lbs/ lost 8 now though
  #29   ^
Old Wed, Sep-27-06, 07:44

BF:

Hey all..

WEll.....I still binge till today...but only for 2 hours...those are actually the only 2 or 3 hours i eat in a day....i am fasting...for religious reasons...but i am actually tinking about taking it up permentantly...that way..i can eat anything i want for those few hours...and i don't feel deprived during the day..

i still feell soooooooooooooooooooooooo uncomfortable when i break my fast though..cuz i overeat and in such a short amount of time...but hey..at least i can eat whatever i want..

Thanks.

Casandra
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Sep-27-06, 08:48

BF:

I know it is reallly frustrating and hard to stick to your diet. I can't agree with the fasting and binging. This is not good for your health you are depriving your body of valuable nutrients. The body will take what it needs (from your bones, hair, nails muscles.) It is important to build a healthy body to fight off diseases. Fasting for religon I can understand it is probably not as often as you are planning to do.

Just my thoughts,
I know it is not easy
Struggling along side you,
Loretta