Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Wed, Dec-06-06, 08:17
This is the year

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 194/186.8/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hi all. I'm doing good now. I'm into the 2nd trimester and the morning sickness is gone. I'm also less tired which makes everyone around me happy,
Emily had yet to to do anything in the potty. SHe will tell us when she's pooped though, so maybe it's going to happen soon.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Mon, Dec-11-06, 14:21
WONJ #7Snoopy Lover

Stats: 177/135/128 Female 5"4
BF:less than before
Progress: 86%
Thumbs down set back

That is wonderful, no more morning sickness!!!

Well, my son has regressed and stopped pooping on the potty. AARRRGGGG!!! Seems the power outage from ice and having to move to my sister's house really messed him up. BOYS!!!!!

Any suggestions, guess I spoke too soon before.

Help!
Gen
  #48   ^
Old Wed, Dec-13-06, 08:41
This is the year

BF:

I would just say that it takes time. Frustrating as that is. The littlest thing seems to set them back and they have such a lot of other things they are learning now too. Just keep encouraging him and he will pick it back up again.
  #49   ^
Old Wed, Dec-13-06, 15:32
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 308/269/180 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by egnue
That is wonderful, no more morning sickness!!!

Well, my son has regressed and stopped pooping on the potty. AARRRGGGG!!! Seems the power outage from ice and having to move to my sister's house really messed him up. BOYS!!!!!

Any suggestions, guess I spoke too soon before.

Help!
Gen

Hi there! I'm really a lurker and have just started checking out other parts of the site.. I'm potty training my son right now too. He's 2 1/2 and I couldn't get him to poop on the potty for the life of me. This may be too much info, but I found that he would toot on the potty and then things just progressed. kwim?? So now, we just say, "Austin, time to go potty." Then we sit him down and say, " Can you pop out a poop?" That's what he called it But it works!!! No he goes consistently on the potty!

I hope that helps!
  #50   ^
Old Wed, Dec-13-06, 15:40

Plan: LC/IF and such
Stats: -/-/- Female 60 inches
BF:2 spare tires
Progress: 33%

Hi everyone! I have six kids.. 11, 6, 4, 3 and my twins are 2. I could use some support
  #51   ^
Old Thu, Dec-14-06, 08:16
This is the year

BF:

HI Heather. I've got two stepteenages at 16 and 14 so I can tell you what's to come!
I also have an almost 3 yr old and one on the way. How did your potty trianing of the older ones go?
  #52   ^
Old Thu, Dec-14-06, 08:45

Potty training for the others were pretty easy in hind sight. I am looking forward to getting my twins trained.
  #53   ^
Old Thu, Dec-14-06, 15:31
WONJ #7Snoopy Lover

Default Thursday

A huge welcome Heatherlynn!!! We are here for you. I feel this forum is really my link to the outside world at times and I sooooo love it!! 6 kids, oh my!!! I am at my max with a 2 and 3 year old 7.5 months apart. I am certain we can get through this together. You can do this new friend!! I would love to help in any way I can!!

AJ has pooped the last 2 days back on the potty with Daddy. We have bribed him with Daddy's big Lionel train. If he goes, he get to play with it with Daddy, if not no train. Boys and their toys!!

I so love all of you out there in the same boat!!!!

Thanks for your support!
Gen
  #54   ^
Old Thu, Dec-14-06, 17:20

Thanks for such a sweet welcome.

So yeah.. I went to wal mart today with all of them right before dinner.. WHAT was I thinking? It was craziness... Ugh.. *note to self* go after dh gets home.
  #55   ^
Old Thu, Dec-14-06, 22:21
This is the year

BF:

Heather, do the older ones help a little with the younger ones? That is at least helpful for me when the stepkids are along. They keep an eye on my daughter while I zoom through and get what I need. Of course sometimes she wants to cling to me and then it's a moot point.
I was wondering if anyone has suggestions for my potty trianing Emily. We have been doing it for 6 months now on a schedule where we take her after she's had a lot to drink and then once or twice in between meals and snacks. She has never gone in the potty though. She will happily sit and read and sing for ages. Our record is 45 minutes I think, but she waits until the pullup is back on before going. I'm pretty sure she's got the connection that #1 and #2 go in the potty, just refusing to do it. She doesn't stay dry through the night yet. If I were still at home (not working) I would try switching to underwear during the day to see if that made a difference.
  #56   ^
Old Tue, Jan-02-07, 08:48

Plan: LC combo
Stats: 223/211/150 Female 5ft.4in.
BF:
Progress: 16%
Lightbulb The "I hate Happy Meals" Challenge!

I've thought about a few things since I finished reading "Fast Food Nation". Trust me - you will NEVER want to eat fast food again if you've read this book. The author gets on a bit of a diatribe but he has some very good points. I get a lot of sentimentality issues from my DH - "I had this and it's not childhood without it". Well, we were teenagers when Happy Meals came out. And no, she doesn't need a toy (nor the lousy food). We didn't "need" that growing up and I hate that parents are bullied or guilted into Happy Meals and such by advertising or else you're not a good and kind and nice mom or dad.

And carefully watch the McD's commercials geared toward kids - the little girl gets dressed up and Mom has her salad and the little girl has her fried McNuggets, apple slices and milk. Isn't that sweet??? Sheesh! Munchkin can get dressed up and come downstairs and I will serve pan-seared chicken and spinach salad with her apple slices and milk. Mind you that I'm not a stay-at-home mom and I have a lot on my personal and professional plate. But I see better choices and I make those choices for her that will have benefits far into the future - a healthier child wil lead to a healthier adult who will hopefully make good food choices based on memories of Mom's good cooking in kitchen rather than stuck in the back of the car going through a take-out window getting a box (or bag) with a cheap plastic toy.

I make "Mommy" cookies and pancakes and other goodies. She LOVES my sugar-free, wheat-free stuff. We still don't have a lot of it but hopefully she will learn that dinner doesn't come from a box. I love to cook actually. It's something mysterious for my family and DH is a great sous chef. It's like magic for my daughter. She gets things out of the frig or food pantry that I need and watches it all come together. It's quite fun. She wants to help chop but she's not ready for that yet. But she can pour and mix. My kitchen antics are mystical and while I'm still a magical and very cool creature in her life, I'm going to milk it for all it's worth. No piece of plastic is ever going to replace that.

So take January and get away from the fast food. There's the challenge. Take back lunch.
  #57   ^
Old Wed, Jan-03-07, 11:05
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins 1st, South Beach
Stats: 204/180/155 Female 5' 4''
BF:
Progress: 49%

Hey everybody! I'm Margie, and I'm a SAHM of 3 kids, Cassie 11, Ashley 9, and Brain 3. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who talks about potty training all the time. Brian is almost 4 and STILL not potty trained. I started quite a while back and he learned, he just doen't seem to have any interest in putting it in the potty. I finally took about a month break and put the pull ups back on him because I was getting mad about cleaning up pee all the time. We started again this week, and I'm just being as laid back about it as I can. Wish me luck!! Oh, and I really "get" the connection to the outside world thing.
  #58   ^
Old Thu, Jan-04-07, 19:26

Plan: Primal-ish
Stats: 212/181/150 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hi everybody, my boys are a little older except for my 3yo, who was doing very well with poop in the potty until a few days ago, now he had 2 accidents. He still sometimes pees in his pants, too. The general direction is good though. I had one boy who really did not care if he pooped himself. He would play outside in the backyard for an hour like that Bleck!

Here are some interesting links about infant potty training. I did this with boy #4, but gave it up because of the 3 other boys and it was hard to pay attention to his signals. It really works, though.
http://www.timl.com/ipt/
http://www.white-boucke.com/ifpt.html
  #59   ^
Old Fri, Jan-05-07, 06:53
WONJ #7Snoopy Lover

Hello Everyone!! Happy New Year!!

Rough times here DD has a double ear infection but is doing a bit better, son still plans his poops at night when he has a diaper on. Boys!!! He is day p trained so that is good. Little stinker is just to smart for us. He was doing great until we had to leave our house from the ice storm for 2 days in Dec.

Glad to you all are out there!
Gen
  #60   ^
Old Sat, Jan-06-07, 00:49

Plan: Weight Loss Study
Stats: 203/134.2/130 Female 63 in
BF:
Progress: 94%

Hi everyone! Can I join in the potty talk too? I have almost 3yo twin boys. Not potty trained yet and not really interested. I'm thinking of taking a week off in the spring and just focusing on it. DH is a stay at home dad and not so good with the structure. I think I will be more successful with the potty training than he will.

My other problem is that baby b is becoming quite defiant. DH tells me he spent most of the day in time out because he wouldn't share and wouldn't listen. I'm sure it is just a phase, but it is frustrating!