Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Wed, Jul-26-06, 12:13
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
What kind of things do you snack on, especially something in the sweet category?

We are allowed 75 cals a day of sweet treats. I eat no sugar added fudgsicles and sugar free pudding snacks. w/ a dollop of whipped cream.

Other snacks I like are
1 oz of lt jarlsberg
1 HB egg
PB on celery
hummus on celery
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Wed, Jul-26-06, 12:49

Plan: general leaning toward Sb
Stats: 336/196/150 Female 5'4"
BF:gettin/down/there
Progress: 75%

Anne, if you are looking for something sweet for breakfast you might want to try this:
2 eggs
1-2 tbs light cream cheese (or fat free)
pinch of nutmeg
big pinch of cinnamon
splenda to taste

Whirrr it all up in the blender or food processor. It may still have some little lumps, that's okay. Cook in a non-stick fry pan with a good squirt of cooking spray. Make the pancakes about 3 inches around. When they are lightly brown flip them and they will finish very quickly. I call these fake cakes. You can melt a little sf jam to drizzle on top if you like but I eat them just as they are. These will be thin pancakes, more like crepes really but yummy.

For snacks:
sf jello
deli meat slices wrapped around lightly steamed asparagus spears
cucumber slices, dried on paper towel and topped with tunaand pimento
zuccini slices cut very thin, a little seasoned salt(be careful of the sugar content of that) . You can sit and munch a ton of these.

I hope this helps We are rooting for you.

As for me, I made myself eat lunch today even if I wasn't hungry. Had the two leftover meatballs from last night and some brocolli with a giant glass of ice water. I'm hoping I won't have to force dinner because I saw someone cooking a roast chicken last night and it looked so good that I decided to make one for us tonight. Hmmmm what should I serve with it?
  #78   ^
Old Wed, Jul-26-06, 14:48

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%

The end of a successful Day 2 for me - food and exercise both good (see journal and gym log for full details). The only cloud was the fact that TOM arrived this morning, a week early! Not sure what's going on there. I've never been early before, and am usually a day or two late.

joesfolks ~ I love the sound of those egg and cream cheese "fakecakes". Thanks for posting the recipe. I think I'm going to try them out at the weekend.

p.i.n.k ~ good for you on resisting those cookies

Latte ~ good luck with starting over. Try and take it one day at a time, and don't forget that there is plenty of support here if you need it.

fluffy ~ LOL on the underwear being too big after all that ~ can you return them and get the smaller size?? ... and I've already said it elsewhere, but CONGRATS on those 4lbs

Talking of support ~ does anyone have some quick and easy breakfast ideas that don't involve eggs, and are OK for Phase I?

Hope everyone is having a great day I'm off to do some yoga and have a stretching session, and by then it will be time for bed - well, it is nearly 10pm here in the UK!
  #79   ^
Old Wed, Jul-26-06, 15:19

Plan: atkins induction
Stats: 330/330/165 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I'm in on this challenge. i am just restarting Atkins today after slipping and sliding for almost 2 mos and gaining back 12 of the 40 lbs i had lost. Glad to be here!!
  #80   ^
Old Wed, Jul-26-06, 15:40
Registered Member

Plan: low carb/low fat
Stats: 255/236/155 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:32%/?/20%
Progress: 19%

Hi Karen (Red Tulip Moon)

This is the SOUTH BEACH forum. OOPS!

fluffybear

ps: You are welcome to become a South Beacher however.
  #81   ^
Old Wed, Jul-26-06, 16:15

Jandlsmom, what do you prefer to go by?

Just so everyone knows, although this is posted under the South Beach Forum, it is for anyone who is starting over.We all have such a hard time getting up the motivation at all that we need as many buddies as we can get. You are all welcome here.

Demi: here in the states carbs rank high for breakfast fair, but us South Beachers know that anything can be breakfast. I sometimes keep a big pot of veggie soup in the fridge and nuke some for breakfast, it gives me that extra veggie kick in the morning and there is something about that hot soup that makes me feel a little more like I have had breakfast than alot of other things.

Fluffy: just wanted you to know how much I appreciate how supportive you are. Bless you.

pink: Sorry you had a tough morning but great job resisting those cookies. What a brick you are!!!

Latte: Are you a home schooler? Me too! What a small world it is.

AS for me: GRRRRR...The chicken that I planned to roast for dinner was still half frozen when I went to start dinner. So I ended up fixing my family pancakes and eggs for dinner with some veggies thrown in for good measure. But don't worry, I didn't have any. In fact I haven't had anything yet. I will dig up something a little later. Darn, I really wanted to have the chicken leftovers for lunch tomorrow. Oh, well. Another day, another chicken. Well, actually the same chicken

Sometime later: Okay I finally found a can of tuna in the cupboard and made myself a big salad with tuna, tomato, lettuce and a little tiny bit of onion plus s little dressing.so had a giant glass of ice water. I feel much better.

Oh, guys, I just had a little snack, just celery sticks and peanut butter. I've got to tell you, it really hit the spot! I will probably have a string cheese later.

Last edited by joesfolks : Wed, Jul-26-06 at 19:24.
  #82   ^
Old Wed, Jul-26-06, 16:30

Plan: Atkins/Oprah/Phil
Stats: 228.4/187.6/175 Female 71 nches
BF:32%//26.4 BMI
Progress: 76%

Welcome J&L, I'm doing Atkins also...started induction on July 5th... I lost 43 the first time and over a year gained it all back...I kind of had a false start in May, but this one is for real....we need all the help we can get, so please jump right in and let us know how you're doing!

Will be back later to post more,

Anita
  #83   ^
Old Wed, Jul-26-06, 16:44
Registered Member

Great--the more the merrier. I didn't know it was for all---sorry. To tell you the truth it gets a little confusing with all the different forums on here. But we certainly ALL need encouragment!!!!
  #84   ^
Old Wed, Jul-26-06, 19:25
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi
does anyone have some quick and easy breakfast ideas that don't involve eggs, and are OK for Phase I?

We can have anything for breakfast....think outside of the breakfast box.

I start my morning with a yogurt and coffee......then I have a protein in the form of either a HB egg and/or tuna salad w/ slices of cucmber and grape tomatoes. Ive also had hummus and fresh veggies for breakfast.

Last night I made salmon filet for dinner and made 2 filets, one I had for breakfast this morning.

You can also have cottage cheese for breakfast with chopped onion, peppers and tomatoes.

Hope this helps!!
  #85   ^
Old Wed, Jul-26-06, 20:00
Registered Member

I homeschooled my 2 boys through high school. One is in the Navy now and the other is an aerospace engineer working for Boeing Aircraft.
  #86   ^
Old Wed, Jul-26-06, 22:10

Fluffy, this is amazing, I have two older boys, one of which is an aircraft engineer in Texas. No, they were not homeschooled, It took me a while to come around to the right way to do things.

Last edited by joesfolks : Wed, Jul-26-06 at 22:15.
  #87   ^
Old Thu, Jul-27-06, 06:36

Good Morning everyone, What a glorious day! Well, it's day 5 and I am 1/3 of the way thru phase one. Only 9 days to go to a lifetime of good carb living!

Judynyc: I want to thank you for the idea of cottage cheese for breakfast. I had never thought of it before and had some this a.m. with a turkey slice and coffee. Now I am ready for my day! Gonna head to the grocery store
with a list to make all kinds of yummy stuff. I went into the Atkins thread last night and then went to the thread about "What's for dinner" or something like that. I read through the posts and made up my grocery list as I read. Now I am really ready to get thru the rest of phase one. Gosh I feel good today, can you tell?
  #88   ^
Old Thu, Jul-27-06, 07:07

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally posted by Judynyc
We can have anything for breakfast....think outside of the breakfast box

Thanks Judy

To be honest, I did just that while on Atkins, but as I'm new to South Beach, I just wanted to make sure that I still could.

One thing I do want to check though - what about Whey Protein Powder? - is it allowed on SB, or would it be a ??
  #89   ^
Old Thu, Jul-27-06, 07:21

Plan: Atkins/Oprah/Phil
Stats: 228.4/187.6/175 Female 71 nches
BF:32%//26.4 BMI
Progress: 76%

Good Morning to all the Phase One, Induction, and "Whatever else you're doing" Low Carbers!!

Demi, just wanted to tell you that your pictures that you posted are great...they just made me feel like I got to know you a little bit!

Well, I registered 212 again this morning which I was happy with...I don't know about you guys, but sometimes when I hit a new "low" the next day it bounces up again before it goes back down...so two days in a row I figure it's a good number.. Now shooting for that 211...one pound at a time...

Have a good one...will be back later!
Anita
  #90   ^
Old Thu, Jul-27-06, 07:56
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi
One thing I do want to check though - what about Whey Protein Powder? - is it allowed on SB, or would it be a ??

I'm thinking that it would be fine....I think that Susan drink protein shakes. I like to eat my protein.

How about you wait until you are into your phase II to start with whey?

Last edited by Judynyc : Thu, Jul-27-06 at 08:03.