Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Thu, Jul-20-06, 00:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 302/242/180 Female 5'7" (170 cm)
BF:
Progress: 49%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uliana
Kind of makes me want to go to a veggie site and say meat is tasty and good for you.

I'm in!!! Those translucent looking vegan types could use some raw red meat to give them some red in their cheeks
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Thu, Jul-20-06, 04:30

Plan: Atkins original diet
Stats: 245/210/175 Male 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Actually, Wednesday gives us an example of the arrogant clueless hordes of the manipulated misinformed.

Remember, all things in life are ultimately political. Face it, to them, WE are the enemy. Wednesday may be a troll or not, but in any case is a foot-soldier for Big Sugar.

American culture is a total manipulation from end to end. Getting a life requires one to stop believing in the need to even CONTEMPLATE being a 5'7" young female 120 lbs. Not to mention the likely side influence of walking around in unhealthy shoes to make one appear even taller [and of course emphasizing the weight, thus making it seem more important to get that thin!].

While there are true-to-one's-self veggie people here, most of it can actually be chalked up to immaturity; I suspect Wednesday is guilty of a larger disease of today, which is a total lack of discipline, and the need to GROW UP! [Chronological age has nothing whatsoever to do with it!] [Note to honest veggie LC people: All of you know just how hard it can be to stay on LC; bad enough for most of us; I do respect your self-imposed burden of an extra level of discipline I don't subscribe to; I only ask that you periodically reevaluate your position as much as I would ask anyone to, including myself.]

Wednesday is clearly a typical manipulated fool and tool of American "culture" which manipulates all of us to some extent, and I daresay females moreso in general. It's no wonder young girls become anorexic because of seeing idealized examples of "twiggy" version 2006 in extra-high heels.

Throw in some PETA media crap into the conversation while playing the child's game of "telephone" as the way you form your own "opinion" and you get a Wednesday spouting all the lies and venom we here at this forum have heard all too many times and totally debunked.

The sad part is that largely, these forces ARE successful; just look at poor misinformed Wednesday, destined to likely be a fat diabetic by age 30 or so when her metabolism matures. We have whole country of Wednesdays and Mr. Wednesdays. All mentally 15 going on three when it comes to anything that cannot be expressed in sound bites [or is it bytes?] as spewed by marketroids for the carb industry.

cjl [now in the FOURTH DECADE of LC-ing]