Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Ireland
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Jun-12-06, 15:33

Plan: CKD
Stats: 225/180/175 Female 179cm
BF:
Progress:

My un-ending gripe, all the junk that other people feed my kids. At least two of them have allergies that make it possible to say "No, they can't have that".

6lb in two weeks is great going. Don't obsess over the ketostix, any shade of pink is enough, dark purple usually just means you are not drinking enough water. Ketosis is like pregnancy, you either are or you're not.

I like walking on my own, but that doesn't happen often. I'm nearly always pushed for time so end up cycling.

Today I upped my personal best on the leg press. I was lifting the full stack of weights and had to add free weights as well. I'm going to be sore tomorrow.

Hi Nike. Do you have an interest in Ireland?
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Jun-12-06, 19:10

Plan: SugerBusters
Stats: 275/205/145 Female 5'4"
BF:http://tickers.Tic
Progress: 54%

I'd love to visit Ireland someday, every thing I have ever seen about it makes it look so beautiful.
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Jun-13-06, 01:52

BF:
Progress:

Yes, it is. I'm just back from a weekend in the country, so I was struck by how amazing the place looks at this time of year. But it's also a modern European country, with all the usual problems: traffic congestion, prices, urban sprawl etc.
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Jun-13-06, 19:43

Plan: SugerBusters
Stats: 275/205/145 Female 5'4"
BF:http://tickers.Tic
Progress: 54%

I would just love to have the money to travel, I would love to go all over the world. Well heres to dreaming, maybe someday.
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Jun-14-06, 10:05

BF:
Progress:

If you ever get the time, you'll find a way of getting the money. I've discovered you can travel very cheaply if you don't insist on luxury.

I got a two hour cycle in today, so I'm feeling pretty good about myself.
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Jun-18-06, 13:59

Plan: atkins/under 20 gr per da
Stats: 154/133/129 Female 5 8
BF:22
Progress: 84%

Hi all,

Feeling like crap. Have not lost weight at all in the past week. Have been walking and gyming all week but not a pound has budged. Not giving up though will keep pounding on the running machine. Would love to go down from 145lbs to 135lbs. Am 5 foot 7. BMI is 23 so should really be able to do it. Have cut out those scandinavian fibre crackers and that muffin bread in case it is not helping. My daughters birthday party on friday so I hope i can keep away from all the goodies!
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Jun-19-06, 12:37

BF:
Progress:

Hey, 6lb is great. Don't knock it. Don't sweat the ketostix, any shade of pink is fine, purple just means you need to drink more water.

Just back from a weekend in England with the family. They had a good time, but I really missed my workouts. How was your weekend?
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Jun-19-06, 13:08

Plan: atkins/under 20 gr per da
Stats: 154/133/129 Female 5 8
BF:22
Progress: 84%

Hi all,

Weighed myself this morning and have lost 2lbs since Saturday and 2 per cent of my body fat. Have stepped up my exercise plan by going to the gym and doing high cardio exercises. It is amazing the boost it gives to yourself! Went to the gym again today and took the kids for a swim after school. Oh the joy of having energy again!

Weekend ok. Am going on holidays in 3 weeks time for 6 weeks to france and am so looking forward to it. Hope i can keep up the diet though with those lovely baguettes and patisserie!

Any plans for the summer?
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Jun-20-06, 09:26

BF:
Progress:

That weekend in Blackpool was our summer holidays. There will be the odd week when they have various summer camps and I'll get to the gym, but apart from that, I'll be working out at home.

I discovered something interesting when I was in England. There was no gym, and I had no bike, so though I did a certain amount of walking shopping for real food (meat, eggs and vegetables) in the biggest Tesco I've ever seen, I was mostly relaxing. Eating clean and low-carb, but not dieting. When I got back and stepped on the scales, I found I'd lost 4lb. I suppose this proves that cutting calories too much can be counter-productive.

Have a great time in France. Think of all the wonderful cheese and pates they have there. Bread is boring.
  #25   ^
Old Sat, Aug-05-06, 08:34
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 255/237/179 Female 5'9
BF:2 much
Progress: 24%

Nikeb00
I see that your are getting married, congrats!!!!!! It looks like you are doing a awesome job, keep up the good work. One of my greatest regrets is not losing weight for my wedding. I made a promise to myself that when I hit my goel, I am going to take a second honeymoon in Ireland and take lots of pictures in a slinkey white dress!LOL

Best of luck to you, Michele
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Mar-02-09, 13:31

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 140/130/110 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress:

hello just joined, i am finding it difficult to buy the ketosis testing sticks, most chemists will not sell without prescription, does anybody know of a chemist in the dublin area selling these sticks.
  #27   ^
Old Sat, Mar-07-09, 15:48

BF:
Progress:

Any Boots will sell them for around 8 euro and without even blinking. Actually most chemists will sell them, my local chemist will order them in for me. They are not a presciption item, you really don't need one. McCabes got a bit sniffy with me once, saying that they only sold them to diabetics, because people were "abusing them, going overboard on stupid fad diets". I said I wanted them to make sure I didn't go overboard, then they did sell them to me. But Boots is by far the least hassle.
  #28   ^
Old Sun, Mar-08-09, 05:01

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 140/130/110 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress:
Default irish low carbers

hello to helen and all, yes being a low carber is a slow movement, has anybody managed to buy the ketosis testing sticks in the dublin area. the chemists i tried will not sell them to a non diabetic
  #29   ^
Old Mon, Mar-09-09, 12:42

BF:
Progress:

Boots will sell them without any hassle. I have NEVER been asked if I'd diabetic when I buy them in Boots.
  #30   ^
Old Sat, Jun-13-09, 02:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207.9/195.6/154 Female 173cm
BF:
Progress:
Default Just joined and jsut started Atkins

Ciao!

I'm actually not Irish, but I do live here, so wanted to say hello!!!!
I live in Cork, I am on my 6th day now and all excited about it. I think I have eaten a bit too much, but I just want to make sure I don't eat anything I shouldn't.

Just to mention, I have never been able to make it with 7 hrs night sleep, but this was the second morning I woke up after jsut 7 hrs and not even a bit tired. I feel great!!!