Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#61   ^
Old Mon, Jul-03-06, 14:19

Plan: Paleo-ish
Stats: 307/287/250 Male 6'5"
BF:too much
Progress: 35%

By the way chic, you're too cute to not post any pics, so get some up in the gallery.....preferably bikini ones.....
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Mon, Jul-03-06, 15:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188/183/165 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:Lots
Progress: 22%

Chic - Thank you - that was very sweet of you do check on it for me. I have never just "browed" in there before. I think this time I'll try to do that.
I get most of my products (enough to make it worth the shipping cost) from Vitacost.com; but some I can only find at Netrition & it's few enough I hate to pay for shipping. So thought I'd see what's available in Lnc.
I got my Leslie DVD and ab belt in the mail today. Am I enthused about getting started on it? Not hardly. Maybe later on tonight..............
Chic, what kind of shoes do you buy for all that treadmill working out? I have the worst time finding a shoe I really like for walking or working out. Also I'm thinking I may want a different one for outside on the track walking, than what I will want for doing the DVD & walking, kicking, etc on carpet.
Oh - confession - I'm pretty sure my LCing DD is planning that we will have 1 cheat item tomorrow - corn on the cob SO - I guess I BETTER get to using that DVD, huh.
See ya'all in a couple days!
Cats
  #63   ^
Old Mon, Jul-03-06, 16:58

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 375/309/185 Female 6'0"
BF:
Default I'm the DD.....

Hi everyone....! I'm Cats' DD.... I started South Beach on May 15. So far I've lost about 25 pounds. My scale isn't very accurate... but somewhere between 22 and 27, so I'll call it 25. I have a L O N G ways to go though.

My mom IS part of the reason I went with this woe...! But yes, my dr also suggested SBD. Honestly, I am probably about 50% atkins, 50% SBD. I have my meat, eggs, some cheese, nuts, salads, grilled veggies, and fruit (mostly grapes, peaches and berries). I rarely add in any of the other "allowed" things on sbd (like the oats, sf candys, etc....)

I live in Lincoln. I have a one year old DS.... who might be PART of the reason for losing weight too... he is walking, and FAST now!!! WE went to the zoo today (here in Lincoln) I don't know who was more pooped after we were done... him, me or the animals!!! he LOVED It!!!

Hope you all have a great 4th!!!
  #64   ^
Old Wed, Jul-05-06, 09:05

Stats: 156/135/130 Female 5' 2
BF:22 %
Progress: 81%

PV: Thanx for the compliment ! I will have some free time today, so I'll try to figure out how to post a pic of me.

Cats: For treadmilling and step I wear a Saucony running shoe, and when I do my walking outside I wear a Reebok running shoe. I got my Saucony's for Xmas and just started wearing them.........they still give me blisters !!
  #65   ^
Old Wed, Jul-05-06, 14:57
Losing It!!!

Plan: 6/26 switch to M&E
Stats: 223/192/150 Female 5' 8"
BF:ha/ha/ha
Progress: 42%

Cats I got the DVD and belt on Monday. I liked it. I figure they are worth the $19 sign up and I will cancel b4 my 12 weeks is up.
  #66   ^
Old Wed, Jul-05-06, 14:59
Losing It!!!

And, oh - corn on the cob... After all, we are cornhuskers...

I could live on it and be satisfied, but the good corn eventually runs out. It looks great now, the problem is stopping at one ear...
  #67   ^
Old Wed, Jul-05-06, 19:11

Hi everyone! I just got home from having a fabulous time with DD and DGS (to see picture of them, go 3 posts back). On the 4th we went swimming and today we went to the Sheldon Art Gallery! And I ran my errands. Was really disappointed with Akins selection of LC things. But she said it wasn't their choice to eliminate the LC products but they can't get it from the distributor. Oh! In the course of my errands, I stopped at Dillards where they had Reboks cross trainers on sale for (you won't believe this) for $9.99! So I hope I like them, but at least if I don't, I didn't spend $70 on them.
And we didn't have corn on the cob after all. So we didn't cheat at all. DD is such a good cook. She makes fancy salads (for myself I just put some dressing on plain lettuce & call it salad).
I got my ab belt & DVD Mon. too, but wasn't up to using that night & then was gone last night, and tonight I'm pooped, plus need to catch up on some reading - (excuses, excuses) Hopefully, tomorrow. Canceling before the 12 weeks is up is my plan too, especially since I don't see that much benefit in that walk club.
Sorry, this got so long. Happy LCing!
cats
  #68   ^
Old Mon, Jul-10-06, 19:33

BF:

(thanks mom... ) We DIDN't Cheat either! And still ate yummy food. I am helping with our church's VBS this week... today the snack was a "decorate your own cupcake" and DANG did those look YUMMy.... I just walked away! (phew) Hope everyone has a good week!
  #69   ^
Old Mon, Jul-10-06, 21:20
Losing It!!!

Cats and Camelle - Glad you had fun and stayed on track. Darling pictures. Keep it up, you are both doing great.
  #70   ^
Old Tue, Jul-11-06, 10:30

W-e-l-l....... I have to fess up. I blew it Saturday. When to a friend's birthday/retirement party. She had a whole table full of divine, interesting sweets. (Oh there was a meat & cheese tray too, but it wasn't half as tempting) So I had a couple mini cream puffs, the darkest, richest chocolate bar with marshmellow stuff on top that I have ever eaten AND a chocolate fudge thing with M&M's and white chocolate frosting on top. Oh! And the punch too. The only good thing about it - maybe I learned my lesson, because honestly, within 15 minutes of eating that I had the worst gut ache and headache imaginable. I spent Sunday, still sick from the carb overload.
I haven't looked at the scale yet - scared too.
I'm going to see if I can start catching a ride to work with a guy (who is a really introverted & strange person). I KNOW he wouldn't consider picking me up if it means going the 8 blocks out of his way. SO, I'm going to see if I meet him at the Hwy, if he'd do it. That way I would force myself to walk those 8 blocks twice a day AND save on gas! It will mean changing my hours to be the same as his, which means on some days I will have to be at work at 5 a.m.; but if I can cut gas costs & get my exercise in too, it might be worth it.
Hope everyone is staying on track. Good luck.
Cats
  #71   ^
Old Tue, Jul-11-06, 11:22

Cats: Don't worry, just get back on track and EXERCISE, EXERCISE, EXERCISE.........that is my only saving Grace when I blow it.

Re: catching a ride to work and walking 8 blocks........just remember the winters in NE!! I got an additional dog the end of March and he LOVES to walk, I have no problem with that NOW, but I am dreading it come the end of November, beginning of December. I'm hoping as it gets colder he won't want to be out as long as he does now, because there is NO WAY I'm going to be out there for 1/2 hour at 6 AM when it is 5 degrees and the wind is blowing 30 MPH !!
  #72   ^
Old Wed, Jul-12-06, 06:09

Plan: Paleo-ish
Stats: 307/287/250 Male 6'5"
BF:too much

Happy Humpday!!

A blonde decides to learn and try horse back riding, unassisted without prior experience or lessons. She mounts the horse with great effort, and the tall, shiny horse springs into motion.

It gallops along at a steady and rhythmic pace, but the blonde begins to slip from the saddle. Out of shear terror, she grabs for the horse's mane but cannot seem to get a firm grip. She tries to throw her arms around the horse's neck, but she slides down the side of the horse anyway. The horse gallops along, seemingly oblivious to its slipping rider.

Finally, giving up her frail grip, she leaps away from the horse to try and throw herself to safety.

Unfortunately, her foot has become entangled in the stirrup. She is now at the mercy of the horse's pounding hooves as her head is struck against the ground again and again. As her head is battered against the ground, she is mere moments away from unconsciousness or even death when Frank, the Wal-Mart manager runs out to shut the horse off.
  #73   ^
Old Wed, Jul-12-06, 10:09

Pit Viper good one!

Well, I finally unwrapped the new Leslie DVD (yeah!!!) and actually did the full 2 miles this morning. It really was fun - alot more fun & seemed to go much faster than walking 2 miles around the track. I didn't use the ab belt yet. AND we had more pre-county-fair bread to test at break today and only because I had walked 2 miles, I said, no way. I'm not having any and ruin the effects of that time spent walking!

I made zucchini lasagna last night. Really good, I must say. Wish I'd either used more tomatoe sauce or more hamburger though. I also cooked some cubed zucchini in raspberry unsweetened kool aid + some splenda. Then used it & what was left of the water used to cook it in to put in some sf jello. Doesn't really taste like raspberries, but at least it's similar to having fruit in the jello. Otherwise I can eat a whole bowl full of that sf jello and not even know I ate anything.

Anybody else have some favorite recipes? Or snack ideas?

Cats
  #74   ^
Old Wed, Jul-12-06, 20:45

BF:

hi everyone.....I just got home from grocery shopping, i went to Hy-Vee (mostly because that is where I can find the sugar free fudgcicles, for "only" 2 bucks a box) ANYWAY.... they have Head Lettuce on sale for 77cents a head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Which is awesome compared to what I paid for it last week. Just thought I'd share! (they also had strawberries, and ready ripe peaches pretty reasonable too....)
  #75   ^
Old Thu, Jul-13-06, 08:49

Cats: Where did you get your zucchini lasagna recipe? I have two zucchini's sitting on my desk as I type this !!
Closed Thread