Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Turtle Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, May-12-06, 15:14
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%

I am a turtle and have been around for over 4 years so.. no your aren't. My lack of weight loss is medical but with each thing I get treated (my diabetes, hypothryod) gets me more hopeful I will someday loss weight Meanwhile low carbing has helped me keep my sugar down and relieved me of other health issues.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, May-12-06, 20:42

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 184/155/134 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 58%

Hello Lessara ... I am glad you stopped in...4 years that is a long time in the turtle stage girl I got to give it to ya! I know what you mean about medications ... when I started this I was on blood pressure medications and now I don't take any but I still have to fight water retention. Welcome Turtle. JJ
  #33   ^
Old Sun, May-14-06, 15:13

Plan: Control Carb-own program
Stats: 188/163/125 Female 5ft  3.5 inches
BF:?
Progress: 40%
Wink

Hi Everyone, Happy Mothers Day. Well I updated my profile because I am no longer following a veggie diet plan, and I am down to 167 from 188. So it is happening slowly. Too slow I think sometimes. I have been trying to talk my son into going on a low carb diet plan, because his BP is not in good shape and he needs to lose about 100 pounds. All I can do is suggest and pray that he does something to help himself. Had a barbeque last night at my daughter's house left the dessert alone, had salad and hamburger patties and a couple of hotdogs. I couldn't leave the wine alone though, so I had a couple of glasses of Chablis. Came home and felt good the rest of the night(LOL). Hope everyone is having a great day, Judy
  #34   ^
Old Sun, May-14-06, 20:41

BF:

Judy good for you... I had a few bites of rice and wine too! But what can I say it is Mother's Day! JJ
  #35   ^
Old Sat, May-20-06, 22:18

Lightbulb

Hi Everyone , How are you doing JJ. Well my 2 year old Granddaughter ran me ragged today. Her Mommy is in the hospital, so my oldest daughter and I are taking turns caring for her. In fact I forgot to eat today except dinner tonight. . That hardly ever happens. My DH has finished up 11 hours of overtime today, so he's back to regular time next week. I haven't budged weight wise in a week so I am not going to weigh myself for a couple of weeks. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Judy
  #36   ^
Old Sun, May-21-06, 09:56

BF:

Hi Judy ... Good to hear from you was wondering how you was making it... Sorry to hear about your daughter hope it is nothing real serious, and that she will be back on her feet real soon. Hey any grandbaby can get to be a hand full ... boy 2 years old! I can see how you would forget to eat ... all mine are big now so they can pretty much take care of themselves now ... Keep strong! I am still trying to get back in line from Mother's Day! Take care. JJ
  #37   ^
Old Wed, May-24-06, 15:43

Thumbs up

Hi JJ I had a granddaughter break for about a day, but she's back for the rest of the week. We don't know when poor Charity is getting out of the hospital, and my son won't be home for a couple of weeks. A couple of my friends are coming over to help me with yard work tonight if it stops raining.My food cravings have stopped again so I'll enjoy that as long as it lasts. My son and daughter are finally following low carb. I'm thrilled but they keep calling me every 10 minutes with questions instead of reading the book. My son has his cell phone and knows both my numbers(LOL). Hope you are still doing fine. Hope your diet is still going good, hang in there you'll get thru the slow period. Judy
  #38   ^
Old Thu, May-25-06, 14:33

BF:

Hi Judy sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now... Hope all goes well for Charity and have fun with your grandbaby... Don't work to hard in your yard it is easy to do...I been cleaning the yard and it feels like I fell off of a truck now... I am sooo sore. I been doing the M/E fast now for 11 days loving it. JJ
  #39   ^
Old Mon, May-29-06, 20:12
Registered Member

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/- Female -
BF:
Progress: 96%

I'm a turtle! It took me nearly 2 years to lose 64 pounds, I've been gaining since, and most months I lost maybe 2-3 pounds a month.
  #40   ^
Old Tue, May-30-06, 15:35

BF:

Hi Victoria ... Glad to meet you! I looked at a little of your J will try to get over and read more of it real soon. Sorry that you are gaining again. Hope it comes off fast! JJ
  #41   ^
Old Tue, May-30-06, 18:22
Registered Member

BF:
Thumbs up

I'll get there! I'm going to stop and REVERSE this gain before it gets out of hand!
  #42   ^
Old Tue, May-30-06, 20:43

BF:

That's the way to go Victoria...is your weight gain come on from mini cheats or has it just crept back on? Hey I like the picture! JJ
  #43   ^
Old Tue, May-30-06, 21:53

Hi Victoria welcome, I had all my weight off last year and gained it all back. This time around it is coming off in micro units. I'll get there though. Hi JJ I have had a Katie break for a few days, now I get her back for the rest of the week. Will probably take her to see mom tomorrow. She has drawn her a couple of pictures. This is so hard on her, it is thec longest time she has ever been seperated from mommy. My heart goes out to her, she's only 2 and she is very confused right now. Judy
  #44   ^
Old Wed, May-31-06, 17:15
Registered Member

BF:
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ TERRY
That's the way to go Victoria...is your weight gain come on from mini cheats or has it just crept back on? Hey I like the picture! JJ

It crept. I wasn't cheating anymore than usual. I added in two foods that stall me because I figured I wasn't trying to lose, but instead I started gaining.
  #45   ^
Old Wed, May-31-06, 21:00

BF:

Hey Judy... Sooooo sorry that your little Katie is having to go thru this with her mommy... I know it must be hard on all of you. How is your daughter doing? How are you doing with your eating now?

Victoria ..... What a bummer with the weight gain ... how much do you have to lose this time?