Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Turtle Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, May-08-06, 12:17

Plan: Control Carb-own program
Stats: 188/163/125 Female 5ft  3.5 inches
BF:?
Progress: 40%
Cool

Hi Terry and everyone. Ran my 2 miles on the treadmill this morning, and did my taebo. Am doing pretty well on my eating plan had two sausage patties this morning. I thought this would be harder. Thanks for the encouragement on the weight loss. Kids still expect me to keel over since a meat fast is bound to kill you(HAHA). They are a hoot, and I am getting milage out of this. Hope you had a good weekend. Judy
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, May-08-06, 12:21

Plan: Good Carbs - YOU Diet
Stats: 234/205/170 Female 5'6''
BF:
Progress: 45%

Hey, Born2Run. Is your user name a reference to the Bruce Springsteen song? If so, ROCK ON!! I think that is the best song in rock and roll history. Springsteen is my absolute hero.
  #18   ^
Old Mon, May-08-06, 21:55

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 184/155/134 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 58%
Thumbs up Judy way to go!

Judy...I am so proud of you and you are still doing the meat fast boy 2 miles way to go you keep it up and the taebo that is awesome! I am back home safe and sound had a wonderful time needed the time away ... I ate battered fish so will have to see if it has throw me off I hope it didn't hurt me that was the only thing I did wrong but then that might have been all it will take... only time will tell. Any way tomorrow I am back in full force! JJ
  #19   ^
Old Tue, May-09-06, 08:48

Lightbulb

Actually Terry, believe it or not it might help your weight loss effort especially if you go back down in the carbs because sometimes we need to shake our body up a little. I'm glad you had a good break, we all need one once in awhile. Oh darn you figured out my username (LOL). nocarbs4gj I happen to be a Bruce Springsteen fan. I didn't think anyone would make the connection. Surf rider how are you doing on your carb intake? Actually you may not have goofed up your weightloss as much as you think. It takes shaking ourselves up a little to promote more weight loss. I hope everyone has a great day, Judy
  #20   ^
Old Tue, May-09-06, 14:06

BF:

Soooo Judy you think I should go back to the Meat / eggs again ?????
  #21   ^
Old Tue, May-09-06, 14:11

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ TERRY
Soooo Judy you think I should go back to the Meat / eggs again ?????

I am having good success on the meat & egg (assuming I stay away from ducks ). But I don't do it the same way the majority of the people on the M&E thread are doing it. I eat every dang calorie I want whenever I want it. I keep my fat levels fairly high -- at least 65% of my total daily calories. This is keeping me in ketosis (there again, taking into consideration the non-duck factor).
  #22   ^
Old Tue, May-09-06, 16:37

BF:

Sooooo Gina ... I did the m/e fast for almost 2 weeks and no weight loss at all !You can see the way I ate in my journal a few weeks back ... Are you saying that I should go back to that way of eating? You don't post your eats so I can't see the way you eat ... I am not sure what to do I know that my weight loss is not at a steady flow as most of the people on here. I think I would be happy if I could just lose 1 pound a week. But I am not even doing that? JJ
  #23   ^
Old Wed, May-10-06, 18:21

If you are saying that the meat and egg diet didn't do anything for you, then I'm not sure what to advise you. It probably wouldn't hurt to try it again. I've added lc veggies back into mine and that seems to be what i was craving. I'm not sorry I went on the meat fast for a few days to shake up my system. Got busy today and didn't get my exercise in oh well tomorrow is another day. Just don't give up Terry, I know it gets discouraging when you just seem to stop losing but you'll pick it back up again. I'm glad the meat and egg fast is working for you Gina you'll have to let us know how much you lose. Judy
  #24   ^
Old Thu, May-11-06, 15:08

Smile

Did my 2 miles this morning, finally received my Turbo Jam in the mail, I'll probably do the 20 minute workout this afternoon. I'm not impressed with her food plan, but the exercise plan and the vitamins look promising. I'll never give up my low carb, so i guess I'll just ignore the food plan. How are you doing Terry, have you decided what you are going to do about the M~E fast. I know you'll make the right decision. I know I'm getting a little impatient with how my weight just stays on, and I know you must be getting impatient too. Hope you are having a great day, Judy
  #25   ^
Old Thu, May-11-06, 15:22

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ TERRY
Sooooo Gina ... I did the m/e fast for almost 2 weeks and no weight loss at all !You can see the way I ate in my journal a few weeks back ... Are you saying that I should go back to that way of eating? You don't post your eats so I can't see the way you eat ... I am not sure what to do I know that my weight loss is not at a steady flow as most of the people on here. I think I would be happy if I could just lose 1 pound a week. But I am not even doing that? JJ

A typical menu for me would be:

B: 2 eggs scrambled in bacon grease and/or butter
3 or 4 pieces bacon
Water

L: 1 cup of tuna mixed with mayonnaise, a little chopped celery, boiled egg,
salt, and pepper
water

S: (either before or after lunch)
5 - 6 4'inch celery sticks dipped liberally into Ranch dressing - but I make
my own dressing using simply mayo and a little bit of the dry Ranch mix
water

D: Meat of some kind -- beef, salmon, shrimp with lots of melted
butter, pork, chicken, etc.
water

I drink water almost exclusively, anywhere from 80 to 100 ounces per day. I am heavy on the butter and mayo, because I try to keep my fat content at least 65% of total calories. Do you use Fitday? I record all of my food in there and monkey around with the quantities before I consume the food so that I make sure the fat is high enough. I range from 1700 to 2300 calories a day. I have gone over that amount on occasion because beef is very high in calories, and I eat a lot of it.

I eat so much at breakfast that my appetite is pretty curbed throughout the day. Sometimes I have really hungry days, though, and I always try to have something "legal" on hand so that I don't get cravings and eat something "illegal" - like the duck.
  #26   ^
Old Fri, May-12-06, 09:56

BF:

I would say that I eat pretty much that way now only right now I add some veggies. I always stay around 15 carbs never go over 20...????? and On top of that stay in ketoses so whats up with that?
  #27   ^
Old Fri, May-12-06, 10:05

That seems to basically be the way I eat too. This morning I had 2 sausage patties instead of eggs. Well one thing is for sure, when I finally get to goal I am not going to blow it this time. It's too nerve racking to try and get the weight back off(LOL). Hope you have a great day, Judy
  #28   ^
Old Fri, May-12-06, 13:12

BF:

Me to Judy I am really making this a way of life ... never again will I go off this way of eating. It really isn't worth it to me... JJ
  #29   ^
Old Fri, May-12-06, 14:18

BF:

I can't promise that I won't cheat from time to time. My cravings just never go away completely, and sometimes I just have to give in. (heavy sigh)
  #30   ^
Old Fri, May-12-06, 15:07

Wink

Maybe after you get to goal you can revert to something that is less strict like CALP, that way you won't have to give up all of your favorite foods. I hope you have better luck with it then me, I tried CALP once and it was the beginning of the end. I gained everything I lost in spades(sigh). But everyones metabolism is different. Judy