Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Jul-30-06, 09:34

Plan: Paleo/IF
Stats: 165/148/120 Female 164cm
BF:
Progress: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebelf
Turbo Jam is much better than Tae Bo (note, I have only ever done ONE Tae Bo workout.

Which one namely? I have Basic and Advanced DVDs. But don't feel like I'll get addicted to it. So will definitely try Turbo Jam for a taster...uhmm... to begin with.
And speaking of Turbo Jam DVD s: which is better? Don't wanna waste my savings again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebelf
If you are worried about shortneing your muscles (which I don't think will happen) you can always cross train with a few pilates DVD...Winsor Pilates, Stott, Lotte Berk......

Exactly. I'm alternating tae-bo with callanetics not to transform into Schwarznegger
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Jul-30-06, 10:14

Plan: Atkins(Starting over)
Stats: 252/251/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 1%

I love turbo jam. I love the music. I like the 20minute workout the best because it really gets you moving and you have the choice of doing all the work outs high or low cardio. On the days that I feel I'm at the top of my game, I would do the 45 minutes workout(Cardio Party)
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Jul-31-06, 08:16
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 182.2/182.2/140 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

I think it was the 8-min Tae Bo tape. It kept throwing me off whenever Billy would stop working out but everyone else would keep moving.

I only have the 1st set of Turbo Jam...with the Learn and Burn, 20min., Cardio Party 1, Turbo Sculpt, and Ab Jam. This is a good set, and I, like the above poster LOVE the 20min. DVD. I have heard good things about her Maximum results set as well...has Cardio Party 3 and something like Crunch, Punch Kick or some name like that.

I know that QVC has the beginning set for the same price as the Beach Body one and I think you get an additional tape as well (Booty Jam or something but I haven't heard the reviews on that yet). QVC has a better, more reliable return policy so if you don't like them....BUT, i hitnk the ones on QVC are on back-order right now from the last I heard.

Hope all that helps!
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Aug-25-06, 09:36

Plan: Low Carb for LIFE
Stats: 160/160/145 Female 69
BF:

TURBO JAM ROCKS...

I am an exercise fanatic...and have done alot of different exercises...I don't think i have ever found anything I loved as much as Turbo Jam......I do it EVERY day...with weights....

Chalene is AMAZING..she is positive...motivated...and naturally hip and fun...you can tell she doesn't try to be antying she isn't...her music is beyond super..and the moves work places you don't usually work with other workouts...

I used to do Tae Bo...and i still think that Tae Bo is great...but i feel that Turbo jam is alot better..and alot more fun....

i have the Cardio party 3...along withe the total body sculpt live DVDs....i have been doing it for 3 weeks now..and see AMAZING results...

I do both DVD's together everyday...i do the cardio party 3 first..and sweat like heck..and then right after..i pop the body sculpt dvd in and tone my whole body...

LETS JAMMMMMMM it..

Many thanks..

Casandra
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Aug-31-06, 11:37

Stats: 163/143.0/130 Female 5foot3inches
BF:42.4/37.0/?
Progress: 61%

I just ordered turbo jam and was also wondering about how good it worked- i got sucked into buying the first set- and then something about getting 4 extra ones for alot more- but i got them- wondering if anyone has tried these?! Well it should be here next week- i just hope to see results- I am doing South Beach Diet!
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Dec-02-06, 07:48

Plan: Count calories/Whole food
Stats: 305/197/199 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 102%

bump

Anyone still doing Turbo Jam. I bought the set a few months ago but for the last week I've really been doing great with it.
I love the music and I actually look forward to the workout. Since I've been doing Burn in the morning and the 20 min workout at night I had to take a break yesterday. My whole body was sore. I guess I overdid it a bit.

I hope someone is still Turbo Jamming.
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Dec-03-06, 07:59
Registered Member

Stats: 182.2/182.2/140 Female 63 inches
BF:

I had to pack mine all away We moved last week and we are staying with DH's parents for the next 3-6 months so there isn't any room to Jam. We are going to look for a house with either 4+ bedrooms (giving us one extra to work out in) or a basement hehe.....treadmill, TV/DVD player and a punching bag is all I would need.
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Jan-02-07, 20:31

Stats: 175/175/140 Female 5'4
BF:

I have been Turbo Jammin for about 6 months - on and off. I LOVE it!! The fat blaster is the best - all turbos in 1/2 hour. I love cardio party and cardio party remix as well. Makes you feel so worked out!!
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Mar-08-07, 09:19

Plan: Atkins mostly
Stats: 191/175.7/132 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 26%

Just got Turbo Jam... time to experiment LOL
  #25   ^
Old Sun, Mar-11-07, 02:15
Registered Member

Plan: Low-Carb
Stats: 378/165/154.3 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 95%

I just did Tae - Bo Platinum Vol 2 for the first time it was great!
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Mar-23-07, 10:31

BF:

I'm just doing the "Learn & Burn"
  #27   ^
Old Sat, Apr-14-07, 22:06

Stats: 213/189/155 Male 5' 8"
BF:27
Progress: 41%

I'll have to give this a look, I've got some of the other beachbody workouts like Slim In 6, so I like the way they do things there. I checked out the website and it looks good. Gotta scour ebay and hopefully get one on the cheap
  #28   ^
Old Fri, Apr-20-07, 02:21

BF:

I like Turbo-Jam, I think it's lighter than Tae-Bo and I'm able to follow better
  #29   ^
Old Fri, Jun-15-07, 08:01

Plan: Atkins/IF
Stats: 252/155.5/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 95%

Anybody here still doing Turbo Jam?
  #30   ^
Old Fri, Apr-08-11, 15:56

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 311/219.6/180 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 70%

I'm about to start this in just a few minutes!! Hopefully I can stick to it !!!