Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#91   ^
Old Wed, Apr-12-06, 00:40
Registered Member

Plan: antivegan,was subzerocarb
Stats: 200/187/175 Male 6' 0"
BF:27%/19%/12%
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie888
Hi all,

I've been following Bear's thread since its inception, and I've been trying the carnivore way of eating for about 10 days now. This is an awesome way to eat! I've lost 15 lbs. within these 10 days! Plus I feel amazing.

I had the headache thing early on, Unity. I think it's mainly just your body adjusting to the change in diet.

Is anyone else having trouble eating enough? I find my meals so rich and satisfying that I only need miniscule portions. I'm not complaining. This is one of the first times in my life where food has been of almost no interest. I forget to eat. I have so much more time to do things now that I'm not constantly obsessing about food. This is a good thing, but some days I'm barely eating anything at all. I get a hunger pain here or there, but no appetite. Any suggestions?

I had a salad a few nights ago. I wanted to see what would happen. Nothing happened. No problems, except for the fact that I realized that salad isn't as tasty as I had thought. My roast and ribs tasted sooo good today!

Hope everyone's doing well.

~Alisa
Alisa,

Wow... I could have written these same words! It is my experience to the letter. I have resisted using Fitday, because I don't want to spend the time, nor do I want to "obsess" as you say. It feels so free to eat this way. Only if I feel my energy level drop slightly, or my stomach/gut empty do I feel the need to eat. It is just as you describe. I have no clue as to how many calories I am consuming. I just eat animal food when I feel that I should. It is impossible to overeat, because it is not hunger that is driving me to eat in the first place. I get full so quickly, and just need to stop. As far as my energy levels... it is really fantastic! And, as far as my moods... I feel "high" all day! It is something I am definitely NOT use to. I am use to being on a roller coaster... energy-wise and emotionally. It was all due to those stupid carbs! My emotions are as steady as my blood sugar. I can think clearly and sharply. I am LOVING this WOE! Does anyone think I should be trying to figure out the calories? What do others do about this? Would love to hear from everybody! Thanks for sharing!

BTW... I love having this place to hang out, and get away from the "war" thread. It is still so contentious over there, and gets so tiring constantly explaining the same thing to people over and over... people who just want to intellectualize the whole thing away... rather than giving it a try and finding out what the path/trip is all about. I honestly have not read ONE post where someone said "yah... I tried the carnivore thing out, and it SUCKED!... boy, I'm glad I'm back to eating veggies!" Even Serrelind came back after one day away and admitted that once on this WOE, there is no reason to go back to the old way. Oh, well, perhaps if we all just keep up this support thread, others will get curious, confront their demons, and give this a try. One can only hope. I'm just glad some of us have the sense to stay on the bus!

Last edited by PaleoDeano : Wed, Apr-12-06 at 00:50.
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Wed, Apr-12-06, 00:43

Plan: atkins induction
Stats: 330/330/165 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Welcome Blondie!!

Wow! thats some great weight loss. What were you doing before meat/eggs? Were you on a different low carb plan??

Yes i do eat less on this WOE! And YES i sometimes Forget to eat, which is utterly amazing to me. I used to think about food 24 hours a day. The other day i cooked my son and i breakfast, i popped mine in the microwave (to keep it safe from the dog) and got busy with things and figured i would eat it in a few mins. (4 hours later when i got hungry..i opened the micro to put something in it and there was my breakfast plate...lol..it wasnt till THEN that i realized i never ATE IT!!)

Thats intereesting what you said about the salad not really being that good. Tonight i was cooking my hubby and son's veggies with their dinner and i just looked at them and thought "gross, they look soo unappetizing" i didnt want them AT ALL!!
  #93   ^
Old Wed, Apr-12-06, 00:46

BF:

Dean,
Dont even bother with the calories, who cares what they are? lol

Seriously though, when i was doing the atkins induction for 5 weeks i kept track of everythign in fitday. For the past 2 weeks since following Bears WOE i havent put anything at all into fit day! i just eat when i am hungry! I have lost 7 lbs in the past 14 days trying this WOE..so i really dont think it matters what the calories are!
  #94   ^
Old Wed, Apr-12-06, 00:47

Plan: General LC
Stats: 240/235/155 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 6%

#95   ^
Old Wed, Apr-12-06, 00:54

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by highsteaks

i just read that thread and wanted to scream! I gave my 2 cents over there!!
  #96   ^
Old Wed, Apr-12-06, 00:56

BF:

Sweet post over there Karen!

It really pissed me off too. I tried not to come off as too angry. Wanted to set a good example of TOLERANCE an all. Heh.

People are really preachy and annoying sometimes...

Why complain about a FEW threads advocating this way of eating? Just go elsewhere and read about veggies til the cows come home, which may never happen as we'll have eaten them all!
  #97   ^
Old Wed, Apr-12-06, 01:02

Plan: Primal/Paleo
Stats: 255/241/145 Female 5 feet 9 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

Karen, yes I did order the meat online. It's from the US Wellness Meats that I've seen mentioned on this forum a few times. It's supposed to be good stuff. Here is a link: http://www.grasslandbeef.com/StoreFront.bok

I get meat from an Amish farm through a co-op also, but my DH doesn't like the taste of the steaks very much. I've heard good things about how the US Wellness Meats taste.
  #98   ^
Old Wed, Apr-12-06, 01:14
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Sweet post over there Karen!

It really pissed me off too. I tried not to come off as too angry. Wanted to set a good example of TOLERANCE an all. Heh.

People are really preachy and annoying sometimes...

Why complain about a FEW threads advocating this way of eating? Just go elsewhere and read about veggies til the cows come home, which may never happen as we'll have eaten them all!

I thought this thread was just for support....?

Criticizing others has naught to do with support for your WOE. If you are unhappy with any post anywhere, please report it rather than complain publicly. I think we have had enough of that with the WZ thread.

Rosebud
  #99   ^
Old Wed, Apr-12-06, 01:15

BF:

Jaybird,
thanks for the link. What do you recommend that youve tried?

HEY..does anyone know the best way to cook oxtail? and what spices to use, if any?
  #100   ^
Old Wed, Apr-12-06, 01:17

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud

Criticizing others has naught to do with support for your WOE. If you are unhappy with any post anywhere, please report it rather than complain publicly. I think we have had enough of that with the WZ thread.

Rosebud

If ya read the link she posted..they were criticizing our way of eating..and we are supporting each other by talking amongst ourselves in our own support thread. Should we just ignore that thread and pretend it isnt there?
  #101   ^
Old Wed, Apr-12-06, 01:19

BF:

Quote:

ROFL thats hysterical!
  #102   ^
Old Wed, Apr-12-06, 01:20

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud

Rosebud

If someone criticizes this way of eating, and I then criticize them in defense of this way of eating, isn't this defending this way of eating? And doesn't a defence of this way of eating make the most sense in thread set up to support this way of eating?

I purposely toned down my comment in that specific thread. I figured I was among friends here. I don't think that the post warranted being reported for any reason. Personally, I don't report posts simply because I disagree with them. I thought this was a legitimate outlet for my frustration at that complaint. Sorry!
  #103   ^
Old Wed, Apr-12-06, 01:28
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Sigh. Can't you PLEASE just keep this thread for support? Talk about what you eat and why?

I am not talking about your posts in the other thread. I am talking about your criticisms here.

Ignoring the other thread sounds about right to me. If anything about any other thread bothers anyone, bringing it to the mods' attention by reporting it is the appropriate action.

Now, can we move forward with no more criticism of other posts or posters? Please?

Rosebud
  #104   ^
Old Wed, Apr-12-06, 01:29

BF:

Quote:
And doesn't a defence of this way of eating make the most sense in thread set up to support this way of eating?

yes it DOES! this is our support thread and you should feel free to vent here. i am involved in other support threads on this forum and people vent to each other all the time about what goes on in other areas! But for some reason i am starting to feel like we cant say nothing anymore if we are a meat eater! I feel like suddenly we are going to need to form some secret handshake and secret society and keep our mouths shut on this forum!
  #105   ^
Old Wed, Apr-12-06, 01:29

Plan: Lower Carb
Stats: 271.7/219.7/219 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 99%

Hi Dean,

I'm glad I'm not alone! I don't really care about calories any other time. It feels so funny to be worried about getting enough. But yeah, I am. I'm thinking I'm only getting between 500-1000 per day. I'm also exercising quite a bit. How many times a day are you eating? I'm thinking this may be the key. I'm only eating 1-3 times per day. Maybe smaller, more frequent meals would improve the situation?

Thanks, Karen. I was pretty impressed myself by the pounds lost. I made several behavior changes which helped with the number, but the carnivore eating has helped immensely. I was on Atkins for over 2 months beginning November 28th, 2005, and then was wavering on and off (mostly off, thanks to alcohol.) This plan is working for me.

This is a comfy thread. Thanks Rob! I never posted to the original thread because of the arguing. I'm with Rosebud on this one; let's leave the negativity elsewhere.

Good night everyone!
Closed Thread