Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Mar-29-06, 10:00

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

AET...it was a joke LOL!!! Of course it wasn't an accident lol...

ZUl...Yeah a house might be first lol...and no didn't realize that Vit D increased my iron!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Mar-29-06, 10:59

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 258.5/244.5/180 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

I'm glad it was a joke, I honestly couldn't tell. silly internet not conveying feelings well.

about the vitamin D and iron. I had blood tests run that showed my iron stores were JUST BARELY in the 'normal' range and that my vitamin D was low. I've been supplementing with iron pills and vitamin D pills so that's why I finally think its all working. although i will continue the vitamin d supplementation as per zule's suggestion. Im thankful zule's around.

I think the return of a sense of humor is also a good sign that I'm returning to normal. Also... is this related at all... my stress levels are down. I can tell when I'm getting stressed about something, racing heart rate and what not... even in stupid non stressful situations... it hasn't happened in the last two days, a LITTLE bit when i had to talk to a prof about my upcoming talk, but way less than normal.

oh the intricacies (sp?) of the human body and everything being related. thank GOODNESS that when you get to the route of it, things really honestly do improve.
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Mar-29-06, 11:19
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aetheana
I'm glad it was a joke, I honestly couldn't tell. silly internet not conveying feelings well.

about the vitamin D and iron. I had blood tests run that showed my iron stores were JUST BARELY in the 'normal' range and that my vitamin D was low. I've been supplementing with iron pills and vitamin D pills so that's why I finally think its all working. although i will continue the vitamin d supplementation as per zule's suggestion. Im thankful zule's around.

I think the return of a sense of humor is also a good sign that I'm returning to normal. Also... is this related at all... my stress levels are down. I can tell when I'm getting stressed about something, racing heart rate and what not... even in stupid non stressful situations... it hasn't happened in the last two days, a LITTLE bit when i had to talk to a prof about my upcoming talk, but way less than normal.

oh the intricacies (sp?) of the human body and everything being related. thank GOODNESS that when you get to the route of it, things really honestly do improve.
Clearer thinking--D
Less anxiety--D and magnesium

The body is indeed a intricate but primitive machine. It likes whole foods and a natural environment. Messing with either causes problems big time!!!
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Mar-29-06, 22:13

Plan: candida wipe out plan
Stats: 130/115/120 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 150%

That's ok Skee........tonight I accidentally had a bowl of cream o wheat........horrible, I know. Good input on the ooo...good to know.......no pregnancy threat here, I'm supposed to have the essure procedure done at the end of April (anyone know about it?)....... It kinda hit me that ooo is a natural anti-b and was curious (just in case).....

Zul............you've probably answered this a million times, but how do you take your apple cider vinegar? It's kinda harsh straight up!!!.........

I got these OOO in the swallowable capsule form....liquid inside..... the lady said these would get into the intestines better than the dropper......whaddya think? My son will not take the drops in the mouth so I thought the pills would be good for him.
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Mar-29-06, 22:32

ACD...1-2 ounces of water swished in with OOO...

OOO...hmm if it gets into intestine better with pills might try that!!!
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Mar-29-06, 22:40

BF:

Right now I get about 600 IU of vitamin D from the vitamin I take........I have thalecemia (in case you don't know) is a blood disorder that makes me anemic no matter what I eat and do.........taking iron pills is a nono......it actually poisons me. I tried to read all the info about the D but it's a lot of info and a little overwhleming for me. Symptoms pretty bad lately....in the head.

I'm gonna get some cod liver oil that skee suggested on the other thread and try that regimen and see if that will help my energy, I'm wiped out!!! Husband wants me to help with the house!! (still working on repairs from 2004 hurricanes frances and jean....then wilma!!!! UGH)!!!! I'm too pooped to paint and fix stuff.

Skee.....I'm not sure if the pills are better or not, but I'm gonna try em too.......what the hey, right?!?!?
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Mar-30-06, 06:10

BF:

I'll jump in before Zule on the vitamin D thing.

I'm taking about 7000-8000 IU of vitamin D a day. I've done that since mid February and I'm FINALLY feeling better. The 600 IU in your pill will keep you from getting a disease, but won't help your stores get better. Oh, again, Zule will know this better, but you have to take calcium and magnesium with the D or it won't work... Better check with her! I take about 17 pills in the morning about 13 or so at night so I'm not entirely clear on what's in each one, just that the real doses work with each other.

That sucks about being permanently anemic though. Have no idea what to do about that.

OK, i think thats all for right now!

(Last night i accidentally had a brownie. Girls, we really gotta get cheat free if we ever expect to get better. Thats my vow at least for a week to be cheat free.
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Mar-30-06, 06:34
Finding the Pieces

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malulani
Zul............you've probably answered this a million times, but how do you take your apple cider vinegar? It's kinda harsh straight up!!!.........
With a lot of water about 16 ounces. Sometimes I just put some in my water bottle. I actually like the taste now.

Quote:
I got these OOO in the swallowable capsule form....liquid inside..... the lady said these would get into the intestines better than the dropper......whaddya think? My son will not take the drops in the mouth so I thought the pills would be good for him.
Depends on strength. They'll be fine for your son. The capsules you have to take multiples, multiple times per day.
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Mar-30-06, 06:42
Finding the Pieces

BF:

Quote:
Right now I get about 600 IU of vitamin D from the vitamin I take........I have thalecemia (in case you don't know) is a blood disorder that makes me anemic no matter what I eat and do.........taking iron pills is a nono......it actually poisons me. I tried to read all the info about the D but it's a lot of info and a little overwhleming for me. Symptoms pretty bad lately....in the head.

I'm gonna get some cod liver oil that skee suggested on the other thread and try that regimen and see if that will help my energy, I'm wiped out!!! Husband wants me to help with the house!! (still working on repairs from 2004 hurricanes frances and jean....then wilma!!!! UGH)!!!! I'm too pooped to paint and fix stuff.

Skee.....I'm not sure if the pills are better or not, but I'm gonna try em too.......what the hey, right?!?!?
Vitamin D builds iron stores. 600 is no where near enough vitamin D, even in FL. Do get some D or cod liver oil and take enough to equate to at least 7-12,000 IU D. It's perfectly safe. Aetheana's correct about the need for calcium and magnesium with the D. 1800 mg calcium and 900-1200 mg magnesium per day.
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Mar-30-06, 22:11

BF:

thank you for the short version. learning so much and getting a game plan is the hardest part of all of this.

***ugh.....you HAD to mention brownies!!!*** Now, if I'm gonna cheat.forget the cream o wheat....I want the brownie!!!or some McDonald's french fries!!!!!***
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Mar-30-06, 22:21

Ok looks like I started something with the "accidents." I agree we need to go cheat free...I am on day 4!!!

I take Mag/Cal supplements, when I remember at bedtime...will take them now lol!!!

I think I will try some OOO pills in addition to the liquid...

Have a good day all...draeming of those brownies!
  #27   ^
Old Fri, Mar-31-06, 07:25

BF:

Hey skee,

you posted a link awhile back about the explanation as to why a person with candida can't lose weight. I couldnt find it doing a cursory glance through where I thought it was.

Could you post it again or pop in my journal and post it there?

Thanks a ton. I feel like ive got this yeast problem down with, but now i have to focus on the losing weight part. maybe im not being strict enough with my diet. i do just great for breakfast and lunch... then dinner comes and i'm like a bottomless pit and end up eating something questionable like potatoes. potatoes are killing me right now because theyre the only thing that seems to fill me up! at least they are gluten free, but certainly not candida proof.

maybe reading about how candida stops you from losing weight will help scare me back on the straight and narrow.
  #28   ^
Old Fri, Mar-31-06, 07:41

Plan: Atkins-SCD
Stats: 125/99.5/110 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 170%

Try to use cauliflower instead of potatoes. Works as fake mashed potatoes, too.
I don't crave rice and potatoes, thank God. I have a hard time passing up bread. So I have to make my own concoctions with almond flour or coconut flour. It's more like cake or muffins, though.

Coconut oil is supposed to help with weightloss.
  #29   ^
Old Fri, Mar-31-06, 07:43
Registered Member

Plan: candida
Stats: 175/159/135 Female 65in
BF:
Progress: 40%

Zul,
I have a supplement timing question..........I know with my armour thyroid it is very important for absortion not to take with in four of of fibre (dont' take any more) or calcium......I have also read you said not to take OOO or vit D after 5pm ......having said all that are there other timing issues..........currenty I take my armour sublingualy so it would react with morning supplements - and I take it that way in the evening so I can get dinner eaten by 6pm (old habit...never eat after 6pm)

Anything else to keep in mind?
  #30   ^
Old Fri, Mar-31-06, 07:48

BF:

tunk: im taking coconut oil when i remember. i just hate being stalled too high! i just wish someday i will be below 200pounds...

mcbs: I'm on armour as well.

timing is a pain, isnt it?

looking forward to hearing the answer.