Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, May-03-06, 16:49

Plan: Old School Atkins
Stats: 000/000/170 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

I use Netflix and tried one of the DVDs.

I love it. It suits my needs:

- low impact
- good workout in 30 minutes
- easy to do

I lift weights on alternate days, so I do not want to have any weight training on my days off. I am also extremely uncoordinated and don't have a lot of room to jump around. I also refuse to exercise on the floor.

I'm a size 16/18 and smoke three packs of cigarettes a day. These are perfect for someone just starting out. I can keep up for 30 minutes and it should be fairly easy to work my way up to an hour every other day.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, May-10-06, 19:17
Pasta is EVIL, EVIL!

Plan: my own variant of Atkins
Stats: 240/217/115 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:And then some....
Progress: 18%

I have Leslie's 1, 2, and 3 mile express DVDs [came in a package with that stretch band thing] and I freaking LOVE them! They're actually....gasp....fun! They make me want to exercise.

And it's so easy to do. This series gets an A+++++ from me!
  #18   ^
Old Thu, May-11-06, 14:08

BF:

Just upgraded to the Walk/Jog tapes.

Nice workout - I actually sweat with this one and feel like I'm giving my heart a good workout. Only 30 minutes, so I can do it four times a week easily.
  #19   ^
Old Thu, May-11-06, 14:27

Plan: atkins
Stats: 299/292/267 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 22%

Hi everyone!
I have the denise Austing Walking DVD and I love it. Its great for those days I don't tone.
These walking exercises are great, easy and EFFECTIVE.
  #20   ^
Old Sat, May-13-06, 22:56
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/235/140 Female 5'8
BF:

I love this series of DVDs it really gets you started again or up if you never exercised in your life. I am at the point of running in place when she says walk and you will be suprise how much more intensity will bring to your work out .

It is funny I found her lesile on night while surfing though Comcast On-Demand exercise TV it rocks it has full work out of everything like you can find mirical mile than go to a abs video its cool best 3.99 a month I have spent in long time lol
  #21   ^
Old Sun, May-14-06, 12:00

BF:

Finally bought a DVD instead of renting them - Walk and Kick.

It adds some kickboxing moves, which manage to keep my heart rate up. It's not as hard on the lungs as I'd like, but those kicks sure help with the back of the thigh and butt!

Quote:
I love this series of DVDs it really gets you started again or up if you never exercised in your life. I am at the point of running in place when she says walk and you will be suprise how much more intensity will bring to your work out .

I really think anybody who is mobile enough to walk at least a block could get through a beginning DVD.

They're also great for the uncoordinated. I'm trying to talk my sister into doing them - she can't get to the gym because of her two kids and her crazy job, but these are easy enough to do with your kids.
  #22   ^
Old Mon, May-15-06, 11:04
Italian Princess

Stats: 278/262/115 Female 4' 11"
BF:
Progress: 10%

Why would one choose to stay inside and stare at a tv instead of going outside to walk?
  #23   ^
Old Mon, May-15-06, 11:29

Plan: No grains, no sugar.
Stats: 001/045/525 Male 72
BF:
Progress: 8%

It's over 100 degrees where I am, and the sun is brutal -- I'm not walking out in that if I can avoid it. Some people live in crime ridden areas, or areas where walking outdoors isn't safe or pleasurable for some other reasons. Still others would just rather stay inside -- maybe they don't feel comfortable exposing themselves to the view and judgments of others, maybe they figure they would rather do two activities (walking and watching TV) and save time. I like walking outside myself, but can understand why other people would prefer not doing it. Better walking indoors than not at all.
  #24   ^
Old Mon, May-22-06, 04:07
Registered Member

Plan: Modified Atkin's
Stats: 140/138/120 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress:

Lucky you guys -- don't get those DVDs here in India -- but I got a nice li'l steep hill just outside my door, practically, and I feel as nimble as a mountain-goat with 3 months of huffing-puffing up it
  #25   ^
Old Mon, May-22-06, 21:56

BF:

Quote:
but I got a nice li'l steep hill just outside my door

Lucky! I miss hiking in my back yard in Colorado.

In Florida, it is far, far too humid, sticky, and swampy to walk outside past 7 a.m. Ever feel exhausted just by getting off your porch? That's Florida from late May to October.
  #26   ^
Old Tue, May-23-06, 04:29

Plan: Keto/Low Carb
Stats: 170/120/100 Female 5ft.0in.
BF:
Progress: 71%

My neighborhood has a lot of loose dogs so I drive to the local mall or to a shopping center to walk.
I'd like to try these DVDs. I usually walk 30-45 minutes at a moderate/fast pace. Would these be good to try?
  #27   ^
Old Tue, May-23-06, 07:57
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Chelles, you gotta try the summer heat in India -- we are in the middle of it -- the temp goes up to 40 Celsius -- I'm sure Florida would be balmy compared to that. But heat, or humidity, or sticky never ever bothered me -- I'm one of those who just lurrrvvvs the sweat-out
NoBread -- we got a lot of stray dogs out here too -- but, being a dog lover, I just make friends with them -- actually it's they who make friends -- some of them even accompany me up and down.

But, getting back to walking -- I cut down my time covering the same distance by almost 15 mins today, naturally. Yaaaaayyy!!!
So from tomorrow I'm gunna increase my distance, to cover for the 15 mins -- Woo-hooooo!!!
  #28   ^
Old Tue, May-23-06, 08:02

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 160.6/160.6/121 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterly
Lucky you guys -- don't get those DVDs here in India -- but I got a nice li'l steep hill just outside my door, practically, and I feel as nimble as a mountain-goat with 3 months of huffing-puffing up it

HEY BUTTERLY!
I'm Indian too and currently stay in Delhi (till the 31st) after which I move to Bangalore! Where do you live? Do you msn? It might be great to keep in touch (be buddies) and encourage each other as we will have similar problems regarding non-availability of ingredients etc...
What say?
if you're interested, add me : nutty25~hotmail.com
  #29   ^
Old Tue, May-23-06, 22:14
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Hi Soulmia, Great idea! I'm in Pune -- have lived and survived the Delhi heat too -- Also lived in Bangalore -- will be a lovely change for you. I don't msn, but let's keep in touch via email -- mine's mmebutterflie~yahoo.com --
Yeah, I know how it is -- with a veggie curry rich Indian food, things can get a bit monotonous -- Luckily for westerners, their food habits are already geared towards protein, so they have much more variety..
But hey, we got our tikkas, boti-kababs and tandoori-murghs, don't we heh, heh
  #30   ^
Old Wed, May-24-06, 19:06
Go Seminoles......

Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'5
BF:baby phat
Progress: 16%

I work out to walk away the pounds also. I too love the five mile just becasue you get to use so many different accesories. Sometimes I do the workouts without the volume on the instructions and turn up the music and have a great time