Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Sat, Apr-08-06, 12:22

Plan: Jenny Craig
Stats: 240.4/194/165 Female 5'6" - large frame
BF:soft/round/cuddly
Progress: 62%
Thumbs up Week 4 Run#13

I did my run this morning. It was hard, just like I thought it would be. Lots of tightening in my calves and just plum-tuckin tired.

8 minutes running
12 minutes walking

Tomorrow I'm going to do 10 minutes walking and 5 minutes running twice......and so on, and so on to get myself back up to speed. I was surprised though about how long I went after what I did to my body over the weekend and the 10 days I missed. I was thinking I'd be lucky to make it 5 minutes before falling out on the ground trying to reach for my phone and remember the number for 911.

C
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Sat, Apr-08-06, 23:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 385/338/225 Male 6'2
BF:
Progress: 29%

Don't feel bad, I ran 1 day in 2 weeks when I was sick. I finally managed to run a mile again yesterday on my second day back, and it was hard. It wasn't as hard as starting from scratch though, which has me encouraged that I can be back to 2 miles within 2 weeks.
  #63   ^
Old Sat, Apr-08-06, 23:36

Plan: Healthy carbs:)
Stats: 157/157/119.9 Female 65
BF:Enough!
Progress: 0%

I tried running today and totally bombed out. Well, today and yesterday actually. I have been so weak lately from this diet and really pushing myself that I think my body has finally said ENOUGH! I weigh in on Sunday and I am not to hopeful that it will be good news.
  #64   ^
Old Sun, Apr-09-06, 03:53

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/172/140 Female 5.8
BF:
Progress: 54%

p Ivy your new photo is so pretty you have lost lots!
I have still got this awful cold so I know what it's like scott and I haven't been running I just cannot breathe and I am disappointed. Haven't lost any weight either but we had vistors and that's my fault for nibbling though I'm more missing the running than worrying about eatting too much!
One week and I'm off on hols so i'm taking my running shoes with me!
  #65   ^
Old Sun, Apr-09-06, 03:59

BF:

trying to see if new photo works!
  #66   ^
Old Sun, Apr-09-06, 22:23

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthy
I have still got this awful cold so I know what it's like scott and I haven't been running I just cannot breathe and I am disappointed. Haven't lost any weight either but we had vistors and that's my fault for nibbling though I'm more missing the running than worrying about eatting too much!
One week and I'm off on hols so i'm taking my running shoes with me!

I haven't been on plan either, I will be this week though. I am going to run in the morning before I go to work (for 12 hours) so I know I will be dead when I get home.
  #67   ^
Old Mon, Apr-10-06, 00:27

BF:

ha ha hope you survive!
I'm going out in an hour so will let you know how i get on but have decided first to do 1 min walk 1 min run for 15 mins as i still have the cold but not as bad
  #68   ^
Old Mon, Apr-10-06, 08:21

BF:

OK BACK oops and it wasn't too bad i did run 2 mins walk 1 and 21 mins but it was a nice day and a little breeze. Day off tom then out wed, now if I could just stop nibbling...
anyone run today?
  #69   ^
Old Mon, Apr-10-06, 13:36

I walked 3 miles at lunch and will be running 2 when I get home this evening...........I'll stop back in and let you all know how it goes.

C
  #70   ^
Old Mon, Apr-10-06, 13:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthy

Thanks Ruthy. It's funny, until I saw those pics when my friend took them on Saturday, I had no idea I was so much smaller. I kept seeing the old me in the mirror even though none of the "old me" clothes were fitting anymore.

C
  #71   ^
Old Mon, Apr-10-06, 22:44

BF:

I ran a mile this morning and have suffered with shin pain all day. This is going to take a little time again.
  #72   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-06, 05:32

Default Week 4 Run#14

I'm so feeling you on that Scott..........what matters is that we are pushing ourselves to do it again.

As for me, this morning I got up, took my vitamins, did 100 crunches and ran. I walked 8 minutes and ran 12. It wasn't easy, but it wasn't too hard either, I'm sure I'll get back into the groove of things. My last 90 seconds of running I sprinted, pushing myself hard as I could. For a moment I thought my coffee was going to come back up........oops!!!!

I know I keep saying I'm going to start running every day, no matter how little, and yet I haven't........I do really mean it and it is my intention to do it. I wanted to run last night but there was a demonstration on the mall, the metro was all backed up as a result, I didn't get home until 7:20, had to cook dinner, give Ivy a bath, do my Uncle's taxes, and by then it was 10pm and Curtis refused to let me outside. Sooooooo........I'm gonna keep trying to keep that promise to myself, no matter how many times I fail. I walked about 5.5 miles yesterday and ran my stairs like the wind.......ha ha.

Hope you all have a great running day. We're still at it, so that means we just HAVE TO SUCCEED!!!

C
  #73   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-06, 13:20
DRAGON SLAYER

Plan: yep- its a plan
Stats: 245/000/160 Female 62
BF:sz24/ sz16/ sz8
Progress: 288%

Hello all.. sorry.. I've been MIA...

Just here to report my status as of last week:

Tuesday night last week: did week 4 of CR.. suffered with shin splints and pain, but finished.

Friday morning last week: did week 4 of CR-- did marvelously.. felt fantastic... I do SO much better outside and in the morning.. and NOT on the treadmill. My plan is to only do running first thing in the morning.. just waiting for it to get a little lighter in the morning.

This week, I am pushing to week 5 of Cool Runnings.. tonight is Day 1 of week 5 for me... wish me luck!

Thanks for starting this thread.. reading everyone's experience is SO helpful for me.. and its nice to know that I am not the only one who suffers from shin pain.. I DID buy new shoes last week.. and they are wonderful.. tried them out on Friday and had NO problems.

Good luck everybody and stay strong!!!!

This is week 5 of Cool Running if anyone is interested:

Day 1/week 5:
Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)

Day 2/week 5:
Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
Jog 3/4 mile (or 8 minutes)
Walk 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
Jog 3/4 mile (or 8 minutes)

Day 3/week 5:
Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog two miles (or 20 minutes) with no walking
  #74   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-06, 21:40

BF:

There is a 5K being held this summer that I am shooting for, I am using that for motivation. I am going to try for at least 1.3 miles again tomorrow, my only problem is that it is a weight lifting day as well which are not my strongest days for running.
  #75   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-06, 23:38
DRAGON SLAYER

Plan: yep- its a plan
Stats: 245/000/160 Female 62
BF:sz24/ sz16/ sz8
Progress: 288%

Hi.. just me again.. here to report did day 1 of week 5 and feeling good.

It was difficult for me most definetly, had rt leg pain... ended up on the treadmill again due to weather.... but I DID IT!!

Scott.. I am pushing myself forward for a 5k race this summer also. But I realized tonight that I want to start running 5k on a regular basis.. so keep pushing myself I will. You should try splitting up your workouts.. lift weights morning or night and run morning or night.

My next run will be Thursday.. hopefully outside!!

Take care everyone and goodnight.