Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Feb-24-06, 15:29

Plan: LC, HF, PP
Stats: 214/188.2/140 Female 5 feet, 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%

Hi Stacy,

I'm hanging in there. I was pretty sick the last couple days so I didn't do the elliptical, but did take the stairs at work, do some additional walking. Yes, I'd like to continue (7 day challenge 2!). Getting ready to get back on the "horse" and do 15 more minutes. 3.5 miles in an hour is awesome! Great job!
Chris
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Feb-25-06, 09:49

BF:

Stacy, I just did 20 minutes with only 1 break and I feel awesome! Yes, let's continue - despite my lapese, I feel remotivated and ready to take on the world. LEAN AND LIGHT! I wrote more about it in my journal...

Post in and tell me about today's success...
Chris
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Feb-25-06, 10:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 249/224/185 Male 5'-11"
BF:
Progress: 39%

Good Morning,I am glad you are feeling better.Good for you,don't let a small lapse become a big one.

I walked for 1 hour and 15 minutes this morning !!!! WOO HOOOO for me.I never thought I could but I did it !!!

Have a great day,I am busy right now but will try and post again later.
Stacy
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Feb-26-06, 08:03

BF:

Stacy, you're amazing! I'm looking forward to my elliptical today. I sort of envy your treadmill - I think I could stay on that a lot longer, the elliptical wears me out.

Do you think longer or harder is better? You can add incline and resistance to the ellip., but I figured I'd at least work up to 30 minutes before I did that....
Chris
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Feb-26-06, 08:57

BF:

Good Morning, I have been walking outside.I really will only use the treadmill if it is raining (like it is today) I am not sure about the time or distance question.I am just prepping myself for the challenge I am involved in starting March 1st.I went from walking 2/10ths of a miles to 20 minutes, 30, 40 now I am able to walk 1 hour 15 minutes.I started in January sometimes and just kept working on increasing my time.I walk pretty fast,enough to sweat.

I will let ya know when I exercise today.I THINK THIS WILL BE OUR 7TH DAY !!!! WOO HOO FOR US !!!

Stacy
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Feb-26-06, 10:34

BF:

WOO HOO indeed. I just broke the 20 minute barrier and did 21 minutes. I wanted 22, but I'll take care of that tomorrow. This week I'm renewing my 7 day challenge and adding a twist. On 3/4 I want to be able to record 30 minutes on the elliptical.

Keep it up Stacy - you've come a long way with distance and lower time!
Chris
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Feb-26-06, 10:43

BF:

Stacy - I just uploaded my before picture. Have a looksee - I've got some work to do!
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Feb-26-06, 12:01

BF:

Hey,hey,hey I already posted a reply at your pic !!! Show your face woman !!!It was REALLY hard for me to put a pic online.I had a nervous stomache all day...Anyway I find it truly motivational now just waiting to post a progress pic

I just walked 35 minutes a bit less then the last few days,but I am having a lot of lower back pain and choose to end a bit sooner.

WE DID 7 DAYS !!!

Are we just going to continue this thread for another round of 7 ? I really liked breaking it down into 7 days !!! Thanks again

Stacy
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Feb-27-06, 05:24

BF:
Default A New Week

:wave: Morning !!! I just finished my first 20 minutes of the day.It's cold this morning,I had 2 sweatshirts on.On my walk I saw a shooting star !!! I love walking early in the morning.I am going to break up my walks a bit maybe 2-3 x 20 minutes a day this week.
My other challenge begins this week and I would really like to be able to start adding some other forms of exercise.I am thinking about looking into Curves or something similiar.I have been also looking thru the papers classifieds in search of some exercise equipment.
I am really hoping thru adding this extra exercise I will see my weight drop quicker...I am hoping to lose 30 pounds by the end of May.

Well,have a good day.I will let ya know how many more 20 minute intervals I do.

Stacy
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Feb-27-06, 07:23

BF:
Default Another interval

I actually walked another 35 minutes when I took my daughter to the bus stop.I was only planning on doing 20 minutes,but just keep walking for 35.I might be done for the day !!!
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Feb-27-06, 15:24

BF:

Awesome!

So do you want to start a new "7 day challenge 2" thread or just keep going on this one? I'm shooting for 22 minutes on the elliptical today -wish me luck!
  #27   ^
Old Mon, Feb-27-06, 16:21

BF:

Stacy! TWENTY FOUR minutes! FIFTEEN minutes before my break! What a way to work toward my 30 minute goal. It felt so good - I can't wait to work out tomorrow!
Chris
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Feb-28-06, 11:22

BF:

HEY Chris !!! 24 minutes is AWESOME !!! If you just keep trying to add a minute or 2 you will be up to 30-45 minutes before you know it.
I am thinking about NOT exercising today.Not because I don't want to but because I really hurt my calf muscle yesterday.It does feel much beeter today,but it was really bad yesterday.If I do exercise I will keep it to 20 minutes.I think we should just continue on this thread,but if you wanna try a new one,I'm game.
Hope your having a good day.
Stacy
  #29   ^
Old Wed, Mar-01-06, 05:36

BF:
Thumbs up

Morning Chris,I did manage to squeeze in a 30 minute walk last night.I had a neighbor notice I had been walking and asked if she could walk with me.It was good because,I really wasn't going to walk at all yesterday.I took the kids to a buffet style dinner and I ate a bit more then I should have I was happy to come home and go for a walk with her.

Well,I will post again when I am done with today's exercise.

Have a good day.
Stacy

PS Are we at day 2 of challenge 2 ???
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Mar-01-06, 07:30

BF:
Default almost done

40 minutes in for me today.I hope to catch another 20 minutes !!!

Stacy