Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Feb-14-06, 13:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/143/155 Female 5'10''
BF:38%/21.4%/24.9%
Progress: 117%

Victoria's Secret is a hoot. Even though I'm small waisted and have slender hips (I'm a runner for godsake), I am HUGE around the chest. 36 D sounds great, but I have the dreaded "back fat" by my arms. I went into VS's last night to look for some fun lingerie (hey, my boyfriend is back from Iraq this Valentine's Day, cut me some slack). They had no lingerie in sizes bigger the "M" for medium or 36C. I found a roomier C in a corset that fit but geez...don't they realize that by only catering to certain sizes they are eliminating half of their profits and half of the female population?

If only us chesty women were marketers for lingerie...
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Feb-14-06, 14:57

Plan: Atkins (4life)..Induction
Stats: 24/24/12 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 0%

Oooh yes of course! That's Y I say,-"Y BOTHER WITH VS??" lol
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Feb-15-06, 02:14

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 215/215/140 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:

you guys are great! i love this thread...i needed the laugh...my fiance hinted that he wanted me to wear some lingerie for valentine's day this year...i went into VS and came out balling...i wanted the floor to swallow me whole...at the moment i wear a 36B but probably need a 38B...my backfat could probably use a C-cup alone...everything i tried on squished a roll somewhere uncomfortable and made me look worse than i did without it...luckily it is TOM so i avoided the issue with my fiance.

how do they seriously market those contraptions to women??? why don't they just save us the grief and market to manikens...they're the only ones who can wear that garbage comfortably!
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Feb-15-06, 08:29
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

If you find the RIGHT bra or silky lingerie, it can make you feel beautiful at any size... but the fishing-line-and eyepatch contraptions are definately meant for men's amusement.

I remember at my heaviest, I lucked into the most beautiful teddy. It actually had a REAL bra instead of the "shelf bra" (read:GIANT droopy uniboob maker) the fabric was soft, but didn't cling to every cellulite bulge, and it actually didn't dig in and leave bulges at the hips. It made me feel pretty, even if nobody ELSE could see it.

Do you think I can find anything like it anywhere NOW? <sigh>
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Feb-15-06, 08:58
weighing in....

Plan: BFL
Stats: 245/225/200 Female 5' 10"
BF:Why, yes, yes I do
Progress: 44%

My theory is that for every 20 bras or lingerie outfit you try on you'll find one that makes you feel good about how you look in it. (Hmmm.... maybe that is too good of a ratio. It might be more like 50 to 1)

I think the only girls that don't have the back-fat-bra-squeeze are those that have very little body fat in their upper torso. The first thing I look at when trying on a bra is to see how badly the sqeeze looks. I've found two bras that work for me and bought about six of them. They aren't that sexy looking but they work....
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Feb-15-06, 09:41

Stats: 225/143/155 Female 5'10''
BF:38%/21.4%/24.9%
Progress: 117%

Since we're on the issue of bras, how do you solve the problem of wearing tank tops, strapless sundresses, bridesmaids gowns, etc.?

I find that while I'm proud of my shoulders and would like to put the focus on my neck and collarbone instead of my chest, that most strapless bras don't work. I swear I can hear the little bra elves shrieking in pain because as soon as I put on a strapless, the weight puts my bust at my waistline instead of my chest!

Ideas?
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Feb-15-06, 20:56

Plan: Atkins (4life)..Induction
Stats: 24/24/12 Female 5'5
BF:

IM SOOO TERRIFIED OF SHOWIN' MY ARMS! lol
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Feb-16-06, 21:03

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

Hmm....the Day I Show My Arms...is The Day I'm Set Free!!!lol
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Feb-16-06, 23:29

Stats: 250/247/135 Female 5'3"
BF:Too Much
Progress: 3%

lol...Me too, I dont like showing my arms yet. I also have horrible love handles (3) of um. Cant wait to be skinny
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Feb-17-06, 11:06

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 198/137/120 Female 5'3
BF:25.2
Progress: 78%

I'm finally getting good looking arms, but I'm too embarrassed to show them off because it draws attention to my non existent chest.

I think I'm with all y'all with Y bother with VS! They don't accommodate women with big boobs and they don't accommodate women with little/no boobs. Sigh. It's depressing to walk by their storefront windows and see the sexy skimpy outfits they put on the mannequins.....

I can't wait to get boobs! :lol
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Feb-17-06, 15:17

Plan: Atkins- whole foods only!
Stats: 240/240/155 Female 1.74m
BF:56%/56%/25%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vgal
Ms. Atkinz,

No, my dear you are not alone in the battle of the bra! I'll give you another side of the story. I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum - I've never had much to begin with, even when I got up to 200 lbs., but now that I've lost 60, I'm back at A's. You might think it would be sooo easy to find a bra that fits, etc.? Yeah right. I'm currently a 34A and I have probably tried on every major label in the stores right now. A 34 is not a 34 universally. And with nothing to put in the cups, its a wonder I even bother. I've left Victoria's Secret in tears because nothing looked or felt right. My ass is too big and my boobs aren't big enough...... changing rooms are a nightmare!

When I was at my heaviest, bra expanders were my godsend. They came in really handy and let me keep some of my favourite bras until I had to let them go.

I feel your pain Try 250lbs with AA cup It's an absolute nightmare. I have gained 100lbs but noooooone of those went to my boobies Used to wear a 34AA. Since I started gaining I kept wearing them and they simply had to stretch or get left behind Needless to say they are due to be replaced now Will wait until I've lost at least 50lbs because AA is a pain to find even when you are skinny

"Hang in there"

#27   ^
Old Mon, Feb-20-06, 13:57
Queen of Freckles

Stats: 247/205/164 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnmLisa
Lady--you must have read my mind!! I went bra shopping this weekend. I must have tried on 300 bras and wasn't satisfied with any of them. I even tried on the bra that Oprah wears (and I hate Oprah ). I was almost in tears when I left Nordstrom--band to tight, band too loose, left cup just right, right cup too big, cups too small, back hooks to narrow, straps won't stay up and on and on and on--I felt like Goldilocks. I ended up back in Lane Bryant with the Balconnett (sp)--I call it the bullet bra because it makes you look like you've had a breast lift.

If anything...You know that this WOE works (because it worked for you before)--know that you have taken the first step and that's the beginning. Also....if you go on Lane Bryant website--they have all the sizes. They only had 1 of the size that I needed and I got the rest off the website.
Lisa

Lisa,
Can you post the actual item # of this bra that you ordered from the Lane Bryant website? It sounds exactly like the one my coworker has bought at our local store, but they are out of them now that I want to buy one.

Thanks,
Kathi
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Feb-21-06, 10:49

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 198/137/120 Female 5'3
BF:25.2
Progress: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafferBabe
I feel your pain Try 250lbs with AA cup It's an absolute nightmare. I have gained 100lbs but noooooone of those went to my boobies Used to wear a 34AA. Since I started gaining I kept wearing them and they simply had to stretch or get left behind Needless to say they are due to be replaced now Will wait until I've lost at least 50lbs because AA is a pain to find even when you are skinny

"Hang in there"

Crikey! I thought I was bad off..... I am your pain, sister. Together we add up to about one normal boob. My motivation in getting thin, at least my non boobs won't be as obvious. And when you do get down a size and get back to AA's, pls. keep me posted. Next stop for me, AA's....

I might as well shop for my bras at Gap Kids. It's depressing. To all you gals who have breasts, and complaining about sizing, etc. at least you can still buy your lingerie at a grown up dept. store.
  #29   ^
Old Thu, Mar-02-06, 05:25
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein!!
Stats: -/-/- Female 162 cm
BF:unknown
Progress: 1600%

Oh!! Don't even get me started on my arms, I can barely stand to look at them, much less show them... I seem to gain all my weight in my arms rather than my chest too :P

Oh well at least we're not alone!