Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Fri, Jul-28-06, 14:44

Plan: Atkins/Oprah/Phil
Stats: 228.4/187.6/175 Female 71 nches
BF:32%//26.4 BMI
Progress: 76%
Default So Greatful!

Just want to say how happy I am that this thread popped up a few weeks ago.....I am loving the dvd's and had never heard of them....started with the one mile and I'm up to the three mile now....You guys and those dvd's actually helped me get my butt off the couch!

Thanks again!
Anita
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Fri, Jul-28-06, 15:24

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 296/178/150 Female 5'5"
BF:Much less
Progress: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by liddie01
the 4 mile super challenge express uses no weights or belts but it is a great workout! I really felt it !

I started with the Super Challenge Express. I didn't see the point in buying the shorter ones, when you can just stop wherever you want, as you quickly work your way up to the 4 miles. I was very quickly up to three miles before I had a month in the hospital and very serious abdominal surgery. I just got the go ahead to start exercising again and I did two miles the first time I tried it. I could only do one mile when I first started and I hadn't had surgery or been strapped to a hospital bed for a month! It's great!

To those that wonder about walking working your abs--all those knee lifts really work your abs and some of the moves help define the sides of your trunk. It's true that you can't spot reduce, but firming up muscles makes it less noticeable. Any time you lift your leg, you are using stomach muscles.

Sunny!
  #63   ^
Old Fri, Jul-28-06, 23:01

Sunny, that makes sense...just love hearing how well these are working for people...when I bought mine I wasn't sure if I could do a mile and really didn't find but a couple of options at Wal-Mart on the dvd's, but I lucked out and at least the one they had was a combo of thea one mile, a two mile and the three mile because it helped motivate me...and of course I didn't have the common sense to think, well, four miles and I'll go as far as I can...now when I look at them, that's the first thing I look at...running time (the dvd, not me.. and distance. I did just order the 5 mile to add for variation ...says it had three three mile walks and a five mile, so that should be more than enough to keep me busy.
  #64   ^
Old Sat, Jul-29-06, 04:38
Butter is Better!

Stats: 234/220.4/160 Female 5"8.5"
BF:its back again!
Progress: 18%

I have bought a lot of them, because I like variety, also because my outdoor walking is at six miles i do a combination of them to make 6 miles when I have to walk inside, and can up my miles when I want that way, to up intensity i have the walk and jog and the one mile jog, too.
  #65   ^
Old Sat, Jul-29-06, 05:48

Hey Liddie,

I really can't believe I have found something I can do and something that I can feel is doing some good!!! Yep, you could say I'm addicted, too...and let's just say "I fought the good fight long and hard to keep my seat on the sofa."

Have a great weekend!
Anita
  #66   ^
Old Mon, Jul-31-06, 10:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 295/188/160 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 79%

I did the 30 minute walk today, and while it's much harder than the 1 mile, I liked it a lot more. It made me sweat like a pig, made breathing harder, and felt like I was working out. I think I'll do this one from now on, because it's a better workout and only takes 10 minutes more than the 1 mile.
  #67   ^
Old Thu, Aug-31-06, 17:33

Stats: 406/258/185 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 67%

Hello! I'm trying the "Walk Away The Pounds" tapes. Not very masculine I know, but it's a good start. My first time buying a video I made what I found is a common rookie mistake, Billy Blanks! It did say basic, which meant basically for skinny peope. Leslie's tapes are great, I plan on using them for the first 50 pounds and when I feel I can, I'll join the gym.

I have a home gym in the house for minor strength training.
  #68   ^
Old Thu, Aug-31-06, 18:25
Butter is Better!

Yes I am addicted to these tapes, I have bought all the ones i've seen to give myself different workouts by mixing them up, and yes, I have the weights, the strechie and the walk belt, too, but i have seen a difference, the best thing i noticed is that when i took the GS ice skating I was able to skate the whole three hours, because the side steps have helped my hips! I also have her walk and jog and her 1 mile jog now that I am in better shape, and just ordered some of her floor exercise tapes. She makes it so easy to do, oh yes i also have some billy blanks, but i really am not at that level yet
  #69   ^
Old Thu, Aug-31-06, 21:01

Hey Dorr, this very thread is where I first learned about these tapes and Now I've been doing them almost two months....I have two.....I actually was so out of shape I started with the easy 30 minute, but it also had on the same dvd the 1 mile, 2 mile and three mile...didn't take me long at all to build up to the three mile, and then I bought her 5 mile dvd....has a couple of faster paced miles and you can mix up the miles and do as many as you like...between the two, they are perfect for me....I can't do the heat outside, and also for me I think with the extra movements that she does and keeping up with her pace I get a lot more done in the time, so long story short...it got me moving for the first time in years...I swear by these things...so enjoy!

Anita
  #70   ^
Old Thu, Dec-14-06, 08:49
Taking MY Turn

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 240/220.8/190 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 38%

Hi everyone, I've finally gotten around to the exercise part of this forum. I started with food (no surprise, haha) but since exercise is such an important part of my life now, I wanted to see what was over this way.

I noticed this thread and wanted to bring it back up because honestly Leslie Sansone's workouts have really kept me going cardio-wise through the long stretches where I "didn't get to the gym" or the "weather wasn't right to walk outside"...or whatever excuse I had, you know?

I have made a point to get and try a bunch of different ones and don't necessarily like them all, but have gotten some faves. I think the 1-2-3 mile set is WATP and I enjoyed that for awhile. Now I like to use various 30-minute walk options with a "walk strong" version (the standard, 30-minute workout that takes you about 2 miles but also uses handweights and lunges).

As I mentioned these have taken me through days when I would otherwise have no workout. I am currently going to the gym as well and doing cardio there...but Sansone will continue to be my added home workout go-to.

She might be a bit of a chatty cathy, but for whatever reason for me she is SO much better than Austin! LOL
  #71   ^
Old Sat, Dec-16-06, 17:08
Go Seminoles......

Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'5
BF:baby phat
Progress: 16%

Leslie is the bomb
Sometimes I love her chattiness and sometimes I hate it and on those days I would just mute the TV and turn on the stereo or Listen to the IPOD
  #72   ^
Old Sat, Dec-16-06, 20:57
Butter is Better!

I really like her, and her workouts do work you pretty well, I even noticed that i do not get sore at all from ice skating or roller skating, or even when I am climbing ladders all day at work anymore.
  #73   ^
Old Sat, Dec-16-06, 21:18
Taking MY Turn

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 240/220.8/190 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 38%

I definitely agree. I did her workouts when I wasn't doing any other kind of exercise and they were a challenge...and they are STILL a good workout now that I'm going to the gym too. I think there is a lot of flexibility with getting the most out of her workouts -- you can always easily increase the effort you put in as you get more fit.

She is a chatty girl, but I just laugh at it most of the time...especially when I have the workout memorized and know what silly thing she's about to say. LOL
  #74   ^
Old Sun, Dec-17-06, 06:22
Butter is Better!

sometimes her chatting makes the time go faster for me, and takes my mind off the work I am putting out, even if it is a bit annoying sometimes I used to work with a little fellow named myron who never stopped talking all day long, not even to take a breath, and I got used to it
  #75   ^
Old Mon, Dec-18-06, 09:53
Registered Member

Stats: 158/141/120 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 45%
Default Leslie Sandstone

Aren't you guys talking about Leslie Sandstone? Is she better than Denise Austin. I always feel like I'm not getting a good workout with Austin. I don't really think it's enough cardio. Anyways, I love to try these tapes your speaking of. Can you get them at Wal-Mart or Target?