Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, Jan-12-06, 08:37
Kitchen Experimenter

Plan: General LC Maintenance
Stats: 230/160/165 Male 70 inches
BF:way less now
Progress: 108%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdownbeat
Hehe, actually I was wondering what would have happened to your sugar level if the 60 gram bun would have been of the regular commercial variety and not low carb. As someone who hasnt had occasion to measure blood sugar, i am unfamiliar with how much of a jump is a big jump.

Well assuming the normal carb count of a 60 gram bun being approx. 20 carbs or higher.......I would also assume over a double of a spike as happened with the low carb version. Given a 20+ carb meal I have had my blood sugar spike 30 or more. but starting at 90 that is still well within normal range(110 - 140 after a meal).

I am curious also but am not willing to subject myself to 20 + needless carbs for the sake of curiosity.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Jan-12-06, 08:43
Kitchen Experimenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShayKNJ
Does anyone know if all GNC's carry these breads.

I'm going to guess not. This is a fairly new venture and appears to be starting out of this area. As franchises are sold though, who knows how far it could spread. And as I said earlier where I got mine plan to be going to he internet soon with there sales.
  #33   ^
Old Thu, Jan-12-06, 09:46

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 210/210/165 Female 5'5
BF:Don't know
Progress: 0%

Excellent!you Are So Great For Doing This For Us.i Am In Florida, So I Doubt I Can Find It Anywhere Near Here, But Boy I Would Love Some. Thanks Again For All Your Research.
  #34   ^
Old Thu, Jan-12-06, 09:55

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 210/210/165 Female 5'5
BF:Don't know
Progress: 0%

Think It Would Be Okay On Induction?
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Jan-12-06, 09:56
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 269/244/195 Male 72in
BF:33/29/15
Progress: 34%

This will be so excellent when it can be purchased online. I think they'll be doing quite a lot of business. I just hope the bread doesn't go stale in the time it takes to ship it across the country. May need to ship 2nd day air, so might be a little pricey but might also be worth it if it tastes that good.
  #36   ^
Old Thu, Jan-12-06, 10:08
Kitchen Experimenter

I didn't try is yet but My DW call from work and said that the sandwich I made for her lunch on the tomato basil bread was heaven.
  #37   ^
Old Thu, Jan-12-06, 10:45

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 252/237/199 Male 5 10
BF:
Progress:

If you want to look at the roster of products, the website is online!

www.unforgettablesweets.net

Click on the low carb box to see the lineup. There is no nutritional info on the website yet as it just went up yesterday.

Next week I will be getting some breads, and will also be picking up the pizza crusts, a cheesecake, and perhaps another goodie or two. I will only be able to speak to the taste of the products, as I do not test my blood sugar.

I'll post the results next week. Now if I could just find a syrup sweetened with Erythritol I could have cheat-free French Toast!
  #38   ^
Old Thu, Jan-12-06, 12:49
BIG Loser

Plan: IF - Jason Fung
Stats: 260/253/150 Female 5 ft 5 in
BF:
Progress: 6%

Quote:

Click on the low carb box to see the lineup. There is no nutritional info on the website yet as it just went up yesterday.

Next week I will be getting some breads, and will also be picking up the pizza crusts, a cheesecake, and perhaps another goodie or two. I will only be able to speak to the taste of the products, as I do not test my blood sugar.

I'll post the results next week. Now if I could just find a syrup sweetened with Erythritol I could have cheat-free French Toast!

Thanks so much for the heads-up on this product line!

AND, a REALLY BIG thanks to Kevin for being the "test-case" on the buns and bread!
  #39   ^
Old Thu, Jan-12-06, 13:12
Kitchen Experimenter

Quote:

Please be aware they may not be ready to recieve online orders to be shipped over the internet as of yet.... I was going to hold up on giving out that site address till they gave me the word that they were ready.
  #40   ^
Old Thu, Jan-12-06, 13:32

Plan: low carb
Stats: 185/177/145 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:Too much/21%/22%
Progress: 20%

I sent them an email to see if I could order from them. I'll let you all know what they respond with.
  #41   ^
Old Thu, Jan-12-06, 17:31

BF:
Progress:

Kevin,

"you da man" for doing the great test cases. I have to think folks calling and pestering will only speed things up for those outside the area.

One more question. Did this taste like a low carb product to you? Or just better than the average low carb offering?

I'll be back next week with some reports.
  #42   ^
Old Thu, Jan-12-06, 19:14
Kitchen Experimenter

Quote:
I have to think folks calling and pestering will only speed things up for those outside the area.

I'm glad you think so. She told me she would let me know when they were ready. I emailed her to let her know i was not the cause of the calling and pestering nor would I ever want to be. Please don't use my name if you are going pester her in order to rush what they intead to do anyway. I am staying out of it till such time as she tells me she is ready.

Last edited by kevinpa : Thu, Jan-12-06 at 19:20.
  #43   ^
Old Thu, Jan-12-06, 20:22

BF:
Progress:

Kevin, I didnt mean pester literally. I called to place my own order, and she suggested I go to the website so i could place it in advance. I then asked her if she wanted me to keep it to myself, and she told me I should tell anyone who might be interested. I can't imagine a business to be anything but thrilled about publicity.

I would never use the name of another poster without their permission. Thanks again for your help
  #44   ^
Old Thu, Jan-12-06, 22:19

Plan: Atkins/lowering cals
Stats: 187/143.6/135 Female 64
BF:35.2/ 20%/20%
Progress: 83%

Not to rain on everyone's parade here, but I just want to point out one thing. Kevin has had marvelous success with this WOE. He has removed a lot of weight from his body. Therefore, if one year ago regular bread would cause a blood glucose spike, it may not now. I guess what I'm saying is not that he's cured his diabetes, he's just made it managable. A year and a half ago I would eat sweet stuff and I could crank the old blood sugar up there. This Christmas I went whole hog, fudge, cookies, potatoes, stuffing etc. I checked my blood sugar and only hit a whopping 88 on the ole meter.
  #45   ^
Old Thu, Jan-12-06, 22:37
Kitchen Experimenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaromom
Not to rain on everyone's parade here, but I just want to point out one thing. Kevin has had marvelous success with this WOE. He has removed a lot of weight from his body. Therefore, if one year ago regular bread would cause a blood glucose spike, it may not now. I guess what I'm saying is not that he's cured his diabetes, he's just made it managable. A year and a half ago I would eat sweet stuff and I could crank the old blood sugar up there. This Christmas I went whole hog, fudge, cookies, potatoes, stuffing etc. I checked my blood sugar and only hit a whopping 88 on the ole meter.

I'm not sure of your point. Are you saying because the bread did not spike my blood glucose its not a valid test?