Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, Jan-13-06, 11:58
DRAGON SLAYER

Plan: yep- its a plan
Stats: 245/000/160 Female 62
BF:sz24/ sz16/ sz8
Progress: 288%

Hi all... yesterday... day 2/week 2 cool runnings.. on the treadmill which is kind of a drag for me.. but hey.. I did it... 1 more day to go with week 2 on Sunday.. then next week I push myself to week 3 as well...... Christina.. I LOVE what you said here:
Quote:
My new mantra is to PUSH PUSH PUSH myself cuz I can't afford a personal trainer to do it and if I don't do it nobody else will.

WOW.. so true.. if we don't push ourselves nobody else will... gotta remember this one- positive and powerful.. thanks!

Tiodnaci.. thanks again for starting this challenge.. and keep it up.. you're doing great.. I am proud of ya-- oh and thanks for saying I am your inspiriation... What a wonderful thing to say.. hey.. and stay on week 1 as long as it takes... as long as you keep doing it and pushing.. that is the key..I've found-- don't ever give up!

Love all of ya's!!!!! Will let you know how Sunday's 'wog' goes.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Jan-13-06, 15:10
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

I did day 2 wog today. It was a lot easier, my heartrate was much lower. I wonder if its because I took an antihistamine before I went. I'm allergic to rubber and that's whats on the treadmill and a lot of rubber all over the gym.
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Jan-13-06, 15:28

Plan: atkins
Stats: 208/208/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

O.K. I jogged today. The rain finally let up. I started out walking, then I think I jogged 1/2 a mile. I could have done a little more, but it started to rain again. Good luck everyone. Catch Ya Later,
  #34   ^
Old Sun, Jan-15-06, 15:39
DRAGON SLAYER

Hi All.. HEY.. where is everybody....

I finished up day 3/week 2 of cool running this morning.. now on to week 3- starting on Tuesday.

Today's wog was fabulous.. the bluest skies.. I really enjoyed it... and it is definetly time for me to push to week 3.

I hope to see you all here tomorrow.

I am so glad this challenge is here.. it helps alot!

Later. XXOO
  #35   ^
Old Mon, Jan-16-06, 10:24

Plan: To Stay Sane
Stats: 275/239.4/224 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 70%

Quote:
HEY.. where is everybody...

I do my wog during the week, and I'm rarely online during the weekend (I HATE dialup!)... but I thought of you all!!!!

I did day one of week 3 of the coolrunnings and as I was FINISHING, I realized I did it all wrong! It was suppose to be 2 reps of 90 sec jog, 90 sec walk / 3 min jog, 3 min walk... I did 90, 90, TWO min, TWO min. Blah. Booooo!!!! I was wondering why I didn't feel like I was gonna die afterward. Oh well, I'm sure I'll get it right for day two on Wednesday.
  #36   ^
Old Wed, Jan-18-06, 06:48

BF:

Hmm... you guys still wogging out there or what? I am. Come on! If I can do it, you CERTAINLY can!

This morning I completed day 2 of week 3 of the coolrunnings program except THIS TIME I actually jogged for the THREE MINUTES as opposed to TWO on MOnday and HOLY COW WHAT A DIFFERENCT ONE FRIGGIN MINUTE MAKES!!!! I feel FANTASTIC that I completed the "wog" but it's nothing short of HARD during the wog.... PUSH PUSH PUSH
  #37   ^
Old Wed, Jan-18-06, 16:36
DRAGON SLAYER

Thumbs up

Hey-- I am still here.. I did day 1/week 3 last night.. and yes it felt wonderful..... I remembered it being harder the last time I did it.. I mean.. don't get me wrong.. it was a challenge.....3 mins compared to 90 secs DOES make a difference... but its just a matter of pushing myself a little more...and hey.. I did it in 20 degree, dark, icy weather.... it was AWSOME... I agree with Christina.. c'mon people.. lets push ourselves to do this together.. hey.. ya never know.. maybe we could all run a race together some day!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!
  #38   ^
Old Wed, Jan-18-06, 16:54

Plan: atkins
Stats: 208/208/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

I did the elliptical again today. Tomorrow is going to nice so I am going jogging. Can't wait to see if it is easier since I have been exercising regularly.
  #39   ^
Old Wed, Jan-18-06, 20:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 302/298.2/250 Female 5.6
BF:Oh My!
Progress: 7%

Well, I'm having to start over this week Doc has encouraged me to quit WOGGING while we try to figure out what's causing my headaches, so I took the rest of last week off for recovery. Today I was headache free with no meds, but I didn't WOG. If tomorrow is HA free, I'm going to start again. I really hate that I've been burdened with the headaches. That said, I am so proud of you Cathy, Superaunt, Tish and Nawchem. I may have to take my pace a little slower, but I'm still here for the long haul and to encourage you all. Keep up the great work
  #40   ^
Old Wed, Jan-18-06, 20:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 302/298.2/250 Female 5.6
BF:Oh My!
Progress: 7%

Well, I'm having to start over this week Doc has encouraged me to quit WOGGING while we try to figure out what's causing my headaches, so I took the rest of last week off for recovery. Today I was headache free with no meds, but I didn't WOG. If tomorrow is HA free, I'm going to start again. I really hate that I've been burdened with the headaches. That said, I am so proud of you Cathy, Superaunt, Tish and Nawchem. I may have to take my pace a little slower, but I'm still here for the long haul and to encourage you all. Keep up the great work!!
  #41   ^
Old Thu, Jan-19-06, 07:26

BF:

Quote:
Doc has encouraged me to quit WOGGING while we try to figure out what's causing my headaches,

oooo I absolutely agree with your doc -- I wogged ONCE when I had a headache and I couldn't go to work it hurt SO MUCH MORE... Don't overdo it tiodnaci... hang in there and hopefully you guys'll figure it out REAL SOON!!
  #42   ^
Old Thu, Jan-19-06, 07:39

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%

Hi Everyone

Is it OK if I jump in here?? I've been wanting to do something like this for a while.

I did start doing a similar Couch to 5K programme on my own last year - but decided that I knew best, did too much, too soon and ended up with shin splints (v. painful).

Now that I'm no longer having trouble with shins, I feel that it's time to have another go, but this time around, although I still intend to push myself, I won't be so silly, will listen to my body and stick with the proper plan.

Anyway, I've just tried out the 'Week 1 Workout 1' on a treadmill in the gym and, although I didn't find it particularly easy, I felt comfortable and my shins are fine

As this week is almost over, I plan to start Week 1 properly on Monday
  #43   ^
Old Thu, Jan-19-06, 09:56

BF:

welcome aboard Demi!!! Don't forget: STRETCHES are imperative prior and after your "wog"! GL!!!
  #44   ^
Old Thu, Jan-19-06, 11:52
DRAGON SLAYER

Hi all.... Tiodnaci... oh hon.. we will miss you... but get those h/a's taken care of first.. I also suffer from migraines... but as you get older.. then get ALOT better.. and much less scarce....and please do keep stopping by to visit.. even if you are not running yet... we need your wonderful words of encouragement. YOU.. just take good care of YOU!!!

Welcome Demi... this program is great.. and Like Christina says.. yes... stretching.. very important... once you get into this... it really is a rush, a natural high!!! Good luck.

Later all you 'woggers'
  #45   ^
Old Thu, Jan-19-06, 13:22

Plan: moderate carb, WW
Stats: 274/245.2/200 Male 5 feet 9 inches
BF:36%
Progress: 39%

niudog sneaks in, looks around, sees a couple of WOGGERS, feels guilty, promises to WOG tonight, and sneaks out!!!