Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Dec-28-05, 22:57
Kitchen Experimenter

Plan: General LC Maintenance
Stats: 230/160/165 Male 70 inches
BF:way less now
Progress: 108%

Quote:
Originally Posted by greannmhar
Although it is (presumably) not anything like as fine as the bought stuff, I grind my own coconut flour from dessicated coconut using a coffee grinder. It is definitely MUCH cheaper and I find it wonderful in anything I bake, especially muffins, pancakes and waffles. I use it along with the usual floury suspects - protein powder, ground almonds, linseeds, bran etc in whatever proportion I feel like at the time
Babs

OK, Here is a question for you. When I bought my flour I also bought a lb of raw unsweetened small flakes and it was almost the same price as the flour. So were can you buy a lb raw unsweetened coconut that is definitely MUCH cheaper than $6.50. Grinding it wont make it grow in weight and typically grinding reduces volume.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Dec-28-05, 23:03

Plan: Human Experimentation
Stats: 170/100/105 Female 4'10
BF:

The super market or bulk food places have it cheap.
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Dec-28-05, 23:10
Kitchen Experimenter

no supermarkets in my area carry unsweetened coconut. I have looked for months to no avail. And I know of no bulk food outlets here either.
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Dec-29-05, 00:02
Lovin' The GI Diet!

Plan: YOU: On A Diet
Stats: 250.0/231.0/160 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 21%

#20   ^
Old Thu, Dec-29-05, 01:02
Kitchen Experimenter

TY Chari,

There are a couple there I could try but the bulk ones of 25lbs is way too much for my use.

Hey....btw....I looked to see if you had any coconut recipes and saw very few from the names.
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Dec-29-05, 01:51

Plan: Lower Carb
Stats: 271.7/219.7/219 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 99%

Kevin,

I'm not sure about where exactly you are in Pittsburgh, but how about Whole Foods in Shadyside? I bet they would have it. There's also the East End Food Co-Op. Hmmm...there are a couple of other health food stores but I can't remember the names. If you've already tried these places, I'll try to think of more.
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Dec-29-05, 02:01

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 198/175/158 Female 5'10"
BF:I am 5'10" tall
Progress: 57%

How does it taste? does it have a better flavor then just plain flour or even carb quick? thx
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Dec-29-05, 02:01

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 231/177/140 Female 60 inches
BF:45/41/25
Progress: 59%
Lightbulb One resource...

Hi Kevin,

I found this thread on another forum that I visit: Cooking with Coconut Flour

Also, some of the recipes that they have tried can be found here: Simply Coconut

Let us know how your experiments go.
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Dec-29-05, 02:03
Lovin' The GI Diet!

BF:

Kevin I don't post recipes with coconut because I don't know if GI is low.
But for you......what do you eat>General LC Maintenance
keep in mind , any recipe can be changed to suite your WOE.

Servings: Makes about 25 truffles

Comments:
These are really good!

Ingredients:
For Truffles:
2 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. heavy cream
1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tbsp. Splenda (sugar substitute)
1/2 tsp. sugar-free liquid sweetener (any brand)
1 tbsp. sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
1/4 cup chopped nuts

For Rolling Truffles In:
Ground nuts
Flaked coconut
Unsweetened cocoa

Instructions:
Melt butter and heat heavy cream in small saucepan. Add cocoa and ricotta cheese and stir until creamy. Remove from heat and let cool a bit. Add vanilla, both sweeteners, pudding mix, nuts, stirring until thoroughly mixed. Let cool until a little firm. Scoop by rounded teaspoons onto chilled plate. Refrigerate one hour until firm. You can roll the truffles in ground nuts, flaked coconut, or unsweetened cocoa before refrigerating.

Makes about 25 truffles.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Whole Wheat - Sugar Free Biscotti
Ingredients:
• 3 large eggs
• 1 cup of Splenda
• 2 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
• 1 tablespoon orange zest
• 1 tablespoon vanilla
• 1 tablespoon almond extract
• 2 1/4 cups of whole wheat pastry flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 cup chopped walnuts
• 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
• 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
Instructions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
2. In a large bowl, beat the eggs and Splenda with a wire whisk until thick. Whisk in the butter, orange zest, vanilla and almond extracts, and mix well. Sift the flour and baking soda together and put into the same bowl as the egg mixture. Add the chopped apricots and walnuts along with the coconut. Either by hand or using a beater, mix together until all the ingredients are combined. This will make a thick batter, it will be sticky.
3. Take half the dough, you may use your hands, and shape into a flat loaf about 10 inches long and 4 inches wide, tapering it slightly at the ends. Repeat with the remaining dough.
4. Bake for 20 minutes, or until firm to the touch. Remove from the oven and transfer the loaves to a clean cutting board. Let the loaves cool for 5 minutes. Using a serrated knife cut the loaves on a diagonal into 1/2 inch slices. Place the slices on their sides on the cookie sheet and bake for about 5 minutes on each side, or until well- toasted and hard.
5. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container
President's Champions -- Bronze - 05/20/2005, Silver - 07/06/2005, Gold - 09/06/2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Granola Squares - P2
*Taken from Betty Crocker's Cookbook - Revised by Ami
Makes 16 squares

1 cup old fashion oatmeal
1/4 cup wheat bran
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1/4 cup coarsely chopped slivered almonds or salted peanuts
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup raisins
1/2 cup Splenda
1/4 cup sugar-free maple syrup
1 Tbs. honey
1 egg or 1/4 cup egg substitute
1 Tbs. water
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 tsp. Coconut extract
1/2 tsp. Almond extract
1/3 cup canola oil

Preheat oven to 350 F.
Mix all dried ingredients together.
Add other ingredients and mix well.
Place mixture in an 8x8 baking dish sprayed with cooking oil.
Cover with a piece of wax paper and press with your hands to make it compact and level.
Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
Cool on wire and cut in 16 2x2 squares, or 8 2x4 bars.

Serving size 1 square
Calories: 50; Total Fat: 1 gram; Saturated Fats: 0;Cholesterol: 0; Sodium: 40 mg;
Total Carbs: 11 grams; Dietary Fiber: 2 grams.
SB-diet-plan
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yield: 1 9-inch pie

(Note from Deliria: For a variation on this pie, I have been known to add light rum to the raisin cream mixture for Rum Raisin Pie & it's also very good. You could use rum flavoring if you prefer.)

Das Dutchman Essenhaus Coconut Creme Pie

2/3 C. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 1/2 T. cornstarch
1 T. flour
3/4 C. coconut
3 C. milk
3 egg yolks
1 T. butter
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
For topping: Cool Whip; extra coconut that's baked golden

Mix first 9 ingredients and cook over a medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to thicken. Pour into baked pie shell. Top with Cool Whip and garnish with some golden-baked coconut, if desired.

Here is this P2 coconut pudding. You could make it into a pie pan if you want.
Coconut Pudding - Phase 2
It makes 4 servings

1 (4 oz) package of sugar-free instant vanilla pudding
2 cups skim milk
1 tsp. coconut extract
1 Tbs. coconut flakes

In a medium mix pudding and milk. Stir well.
Stir in coconut extract and coconut.
Evenly spoon the mixture into 4 dessert dishes.
Ami in Ohio Sb-diet-plan
Cream Cheese and Lemon Macaroons
Makes 20

1 cup unsweetened coconut 12.2 gr
2 Tbsp. Da Vinci sugar free hazelnut syrup or 4 pkts.Splenda 4.0 gr
1/2 cup whipping cream 3.3 gr
1/2 tsp. vanilla
4 Tbsp. cream cheese, at room temperature 2.0 gr
1 egg 0.6 gr
1/4 cup macadamia nuts, finely chopped (optional) 4.6 gr
1/2 tsp. lemon zest 0.1 gr
Preheat oven to 350 F.

Combine the coconut, syrup or Splenda, whipping cream and vanilla. Let sit for one hour. Stir in the cream cheese until blended, then the egg. Mix well. Stir in the macadamia nuts and lemon rind.

Drop by level tablespoons, into macaroon shaped mounds, on a parchment lined cookie sheet, 2-inches apart. Bake for approximately 15 minutes, until the tops are lightly speckled with brown.

Total carbohydrates (with macadamia nuts): 26.8 Per cookie: 1.34
Total carbohydrates (without macadamia nuts): 22.2 Per cookie: 1.11
Walnut Macaroon Cookies

2 cups Walnuts (24)
3 Egg Whites (0)
3 Tbs. Unsweetened Coconut Flakes (12)
1/2 tsp. Coconut cake flavoring
1/2 cup sweetener (any equivalent of 1/2 cup sugar)

Process Walnuts (blender, food processor or the ever ready coffee
grinder),
add coconut flakes after the walnuts are processed and blend well. In
a
separate bowl whip Egg Whites into fluffy peaks, then beat in Coconut
Flavoring and sweetener. Carefully combine nut mixture with egg
mixture.
Blend well. Using a small scoop or spoon, place 30 to 36 small mounds
of
mixture on a pam coated cookie sheet. Bake in a preheated 350 degree
oven
for fifteen minutes. Serve warm or cool.

I estimate each cookie to have the following:
53 calories: 1 carb, 1 protein, 5 fat

As soon as they are cooled, I place mine in a crystal cookie jar --
they seem to develop a nice moistness.
More Low Carb Recipes

Ingredients:
1 cup egg whites - (from approximately 8 eggs)
1 Tablespoon not/Sugar *
12 packets Splenda
1 oz. (1/4 cup) almond flour
4 oz. (1 3/4 cup) dried unsweetened ground or shredded coconut**
1 teaspoon sugar free vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Beat egg whites with not/Sugar, sweetener and vanilla until stiff. Fold in remaining ingredients as gently as possible. Place in preheated oven, turn off heat and bake overnight. (Note: ovens vary in the rate at which they lose heat - or whether you peek - so, if it comes out too moist, give it more time at no more than 300°F and next time, allow it to bake for a few minutes before turning off the oven.) If you're in a hurry, bake at 300°F until firm. Keep cake under refrigeration (it doesn't have any sugar to protect it from spoiling.)

* not/Sugar (an Expert Foods product) is available from The Low Carb Connoisseur. Cake will work without this ingredient, but will not rise as well or have as rich a texture.

** Ground or shredded unsweetened coconut can usually be found in health and specialty stores (don't use the sweetened stuff found in the grocery baking aisles!) If you cannot locate it, increase the almond flour to compensate and use 1 teaspoon coconut extract instead.

Makes 16 servings. 2.4 grams of carbohydrate per serving.
Contents copyright © 1999 — 2005 Low Carb Luxury, Inc. All rights reserved.
http://www.lowcarbluxury.com/recipes/recipe-cake05.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
Coconut Macaroons

Ingredients:
1 cup shredded coconut - unsweetened
7 packets Splenda
2 egg whites
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract

Mix cream with sweetener and extracts. Add coconut and mix well. Let stand for 1 hour. If mixture feels dry to the touch after 1 hour, add a little more cream.

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Whip egg whites until peaks form. Fold into coconut. Using a teaspoon, place a small amount of coconut mix onto a well greased cookie sheet, repeating to make approximately 16 cookies. Bake until slightly browned (usually 12-15 minutes). If tops have not browned in 15 minutes, you can place them under the broiler for a few minutes (watch them carefully!) Allow to cool before serving.

Makes 16 cookies. 1.9 carbs per cookie.
http://www.lowcarbluxury.com/recipe...e-cookie03.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CHEWY COCONUT MACAROONS
1/3 cup almond flour, about 1 1/3 ounces
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
3/4 cup granulated Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda
1 tablespoon butter, melted
2 2/3 cups unsweetened coconut, about 7 1/2 ounces

Mix together the almond flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl; set aside. In medium bowl, beat together eggs, vanilla and almond extract until foamy. Gradually beat in Splenda. Blend in butter. Gradually add dry ingredients; mix well. Fold in coconut and mix until completely moistened.

Drop mixture by rounded tablespoons onto parchment-lined baking sheet. They can be close together since they do no spread while baking. With moistened fingers, gently press the mounds of coconut to shape and compress slightly. Bake at 325º for 13-15 minutes, checking before the minimum time. You want them well-browned around the edges, but not burnt.

Makes about 45 macaroons
Can be frozen

With granular Splenda:
Per Serving: 44 Calories; 4g Fat; 1g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 1g Net Carbs

With liquid Splenda:
Per Serving: 43 Calories; 4g Fat; 1g Protein; 1.5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; .5g Net Carbs

These are pretty tasty, but very fragile. They are more crumbly than chewy. I wonder if soaking the coconut first in a little water would make a more moist chewy cookie.
http://users3.ev1.net/~fontlady/che..._macaroons.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
COCONUT CRISPS
1 ounce almond flour
2 ounces unsweetened coconut, ground fine *
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda
1/8 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg white

Mix all ingredients well in a small bowl. Everything should be moist and the dough should hold together. Drop dough by teaspoons onto parchment or silicone lined 12x17" baking sheet. Roll each piece of dough into a ball. I used a 1 teaspoon cookie scoop and skipped the rolling into a ball step. Cover the balls with plastic wrap (you can use a small piece and move it around as needed) and take a baking powder can, that has about an 1/8" rim around the bottom, and press down firmly over each ball of dough. Be sure to press all the way down to the baking sheet. Peel off the plastic wrap and repeat until all the crackers have been shaped.

Bake at 325º for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. You want them nice and brown, but don't let them get too dark or they'll taste burnt. It's ok for the centers to be a bit lighter than the outer edges, but they should not be pale.

Makes about 20 cookies
Can be frozen

* I ground mine in my mini food processor until it looked like coarse meal.

Per 2 Cookies: 72 Calories; 7g Fat; 1g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 1g Net Carbs

I like these crispy cookies. At first I was afraid to let them get too brown, but then I decided to put them back into the oven until they were brown all over. Just be careful not to let them get too dark. I may try making an all coconut version (no almond flour) sometime and see if they'll have a little more coconut flavor.

http://users3.ev1.net/~fontlady/coconut_crisps.html
LISA'S COCONUT MERINGUE COOKIES
2 large egg whites
1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
8 teaspoons granular Splenda
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut

Beat egg whites and cream of tartar until foamy. Add Splenda and beat until glossy and stiff, but not dry. Add extract and beat briefly. Fold in coconut. Drop by 25 spoonfuls onto a non-stick baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray or lined with parchment paper. Bake at 250º 1 hour. Turn off oven and leave cookies in oven until completely cooled. Store in airtight container and they should stay crisp up to 1 week.

Makes 25 cookies

Per 5 Cookies: 20 Calories; 1g Fat; 2g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 1g Net Carbs

These came out very light and crispy, but not the same texture as regular sugar meringues. As you can see in the photo, they also come out very yellow instead of the usual white color. I can only guess that it's the Splenda that causes it.

http://users3.ev1.net/~fontlady/coc...ue_cookies.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
EASY LO-CARB BLENDER COCONUT CREAM PIE
4 eggs
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup Angel Coconut, double batch
1 teaspoon vanilla or pineapple extract, optional *

Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a buttered 10-inch pie plate. Bake at 350º for 45-60 minutes (see my comments below). Bake less time for a more custardy pie and longer for a more cake-like pie.

Makes 8 servings
Can be frozen (see note below)

* I used 1/2 teaspoon of each.

NOTE: You can freeze the pie, but it will come out much softer and more fragile after thawing. It will go from being very dense and cheesecake-like to a little more creamy.

With granular Splenda:
Per Serving: 389 Calories; 38g Fat; 5g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 6g Net Carbs

With liquid Splenda:
Per Serving: 377 Calories; 38g Fat; 5g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs

After 45 minutes and the top was getting very brown, and it tested done with a knife, so I removed it from the oven. It's more like a coconut custard pie than a cream pie, but perhaps it would come out more firm after baking for an hour. I was afraid that the top would burn if I baked it longer though. I might try lowering the oven temperature after 45 minutes next time and see what happens.

The flavor is very nice and reminds me a little of pineapple upside down cake, especially the brown crusty parts. I highly recommend using some pineapple extract in it if you like that flavor. Rather than use dry unsweetened coconut, I decided to use Angel Coconut because it's more moist. I'm not sure what the baking powder does in this recipe because it's basically a custard and custards don't usually have baking powder in them. I liked this pie and I think it's good enough to make again and try for a more cake-like texture by baking it longer.

UPDATE: After chilling for several hours, the pie firmed up quite a bit and is no longer like custard. I'd say it's kind-of-sort-of-almost the texture of a cheesecake with chewy bits of coconut in it. I don't think I'll bake it any longer than 45 minutes the next time I make it because I see now that it's a little crumbly. I think that if it baked longer, and became dryer, it might fall apart too much.
http://users3.ev1.net/~fontlady/eas...t_creampie.html
COCONUT CREAM PUDDING
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup sugar free coconut syrup (Da Vinci or Torani)
1/4 cup water
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons unsweetened coconut
1 drop yellow food coloring
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut, toasted

In a medium microwaveable bowl, whisk together the cream, syrup, water, salt, 3 tablespoons coconut and yellow coloring. Gradually dust xanthan gum over the surface and briskly whisk in; repeat until all xanthan gum in blended in. Whisk in egg yolk. Microwave on HIGH 2-3 minutes, until thick, stirring every minute. Whisk in the butter and vanilla. Divide between 2 dessert dishes and sprinkle toasted coconut over the top; chill.

Makes 2 servings

Per Serving: 322 Calories; 33g Fat; 3g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs
Per Batch: 645 Calories; 66g Fat; 7g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 6g Net Carbs

I made this recipe after trying the Vanilla Pudding recipe and discovered a slightly easier method. There's no need to beat the egg yolk separately and add hot pudding to it. It works just as well to beat in the yolk at the beginning when everything is still cold. This coconut version is nice for those who can't get liquid Splenda. You get the same carb savings by using sugar free syrup. I've never tried it, but banana flavored syrup might be nice in this as well or half banana and half coconut syrup. Don't use more than the 1/4 cup, though, or it will be too sweet. I also found that 1/4 teaspoon of salt was too salty in the Vanilla Pudding but it was necessary for the coconut pudding. I think the extra salt helps bring out the flavor of the coconut.

http://users3.ev1.net/~fontlady/coc...am_pudding.html
ok..I am done for now...hope you find something good!
Chari
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Dec-29-05, 02:22

Plan: Lower Carb
Stats: 271.7/219.7/219 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 99%

Surfer, that post should have had a warning on it. I got hungrier as I scrolled down! It's amazing how much great food is available even once you give up traditional sweets.
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Dec-29-05, 03:59
Kitchen Experimenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie888
Kevin,

I'm not sure about where exactly you are in Pittsburgh, but how about Whole Foods in Shadyside? I bet they would have it. There's also the East End Food Co-Op. Hmmm...there are a couple of other health food stores but I can't remember the names. If you've already tried these places, I'll try to think of more.

Blondie, I'm way south of the burg in Washington county. I worked in town for most of my career but since I retired in March I very seldom travel into the city.
Chari gave me a few links to order from that are less expensive so i'll most likely try those when my current supply runs low. lol to be honest I prefer having somebody deliver it to my door rather than driving all over the place looking for it.
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Dec-29-05, 04:04
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinpa
Here is the nutrition facts I scanned from the package.

Kevin, did that company (Wilderness Family Naturals) ever clarify whether the Coconut Flour is 100% natural coconut ground fine OR if it is what's left (a kind of 100% natural pomace) after the coconut oil is expeller pressed or whatever...?

Makes a big difference and explains the variation in the nutritional information between natural 100% whole coconut and the Flour product...hmmmmmm.
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Dec-29-05, 04:04
Kitchen Experimenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaLeanne
How does it taste? does it have a better flavor then just plain flour or even carb quick? thx

I'm not sure Gina I will will be trying some recipes tomorrow. I spent most of evening looking for recipes I wanted to try. I'll post a report when I do.
  #29   ^
Old Thu, Dec-29-05, 04:10
Kitchen Experimenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandGirl
Kevin, did that company (Wilderness Family Naturals) ever clarify whether the Coconut Flour is 100% natural coconut ground fine OR if it is what's left (a kind of 100% natural pomace) after the coconut oil is expeller pressed or whatever...?

Makes a big difference and explains the variation in the nutritional information between natural 100% whole coconut and the Flour product...hmmmmmm.

I bought both the coconut flour and the dehydrated raw unsweetened small coconut flakes. According to the 2 labels there is no nutritional differences.
Wait on closer look they are not the same.....different serving sizes fool me for a min. Things have been removed and added and it says Coconut Flour/Fiber.

Last edited by kevinpa : Thu, Dec-29-05 at 04:16.
  #30   ^
Old Thu, Dec-29-05, 11:36
Lovin' The GI Diet!

BF:

Kevin did you look......... "Different stores has it in different places.
Check the International Island.
First look where they keep the Thai and Oriental food, last time I find mine in the Mexican area." And also someone told me, in the freezer section by the fruit.
I never looked for it before, next time I go to the grocery , I'm gonna buy me some.
Chari