Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Tue, Dec-27-05, 21:10

Plan: General
Stats: 170.6/170.6/130 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 0%

LMAO,

Yes I admit it I DO have Naps on the brain its been a few days now......

I have to admit though last night was entirely MY fault!!! My tummy felt so yucky I didnt want to do anythign but sleep..or barf!
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Wed, Dec-28-05, 00:08

Plan: Ketogenic Diet 9-2016
Stats: 227/189/150 Female 5' 5"
BF:31.6%
Progress: 49%

Count me in

audry:
Azzyzzy:
Betsy-StL:
BJOates:185
Canucks:
Cheesy:
Chococat:
GoldFish:
Harley:205
IwillToday:
K (me):130
Leslie:144
Lorianne
Missaec:
Summer:
Rodmick
tapbcn:
tigger:
Zorra:160.5
  #78   ^
Old Wed, Dec-28-05, 00:12

BF:

YAY,

Good to see you

K

Did you see the lovely roses the winner gets on the first page?
  #79   ^
Old Wed, Dec-28-05, 00:36

Plan: Ketogenic Diet 9-2016
Stats: 227/189/150 Female 5' 5"
BF:31.6%
Progress: 49%

Yes I did they were really nice.

BTW, I am also restarting my 100 day Challenge.
  #80   ^
Old Wed, Dec-28-05, 00:43

BF:

Wow,

I am not re-starting, I just didnt count the one day I let myself have free

Good Luck girly
  #81   ^
Old Wed, Dec-28-05, 07:07

Plan: ?????
Stats: 239.9/196/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 46%

Yeah! another 1.5 woosh for me! Now if it was just new territory and not losing holiday bloat! Still thats 3 lbs of water in 2 days. Better than the other way!!!

My dec 26 weigh in was 162.
  #82   ^
Old Wed, Dec-28-05, 09:06

Plan: OWL
Stats: 225/223/145 Female 66.5"
BF:
Progress: 3%

Hi everyone, Welcome to all the newbies & oldies. I'm so glad that we are all here and getting the support and friendly gossip.

Welcome back Tigger, sorry you have one of them mother-in-laws. I hope to never get bad like that with my son-in-laws. I'm just going a little senile though. But that comes with old age.

As for the cheat free, I want to do it also, Since I haven't cheated since that episode with the pz. And does having a few classes of wine means you cheated? I have the wedding this weekend so I doubt that they will have my Diet Rite Zero there. I was thinking of taking my own, but the reception is at a Country Club.
So I am lost??? I know my DH's family, they will be partying all weekend.
  #83   ^
Old Wed, Dec-28-05, 12:02
Go Big or Go Home

Plan: I plan to lose weight!!
Stats: 000/000/150 Female 5'5
BF:47.65/25.28/28.8

My goodness this board is a hoppin'. Thanks to everyone for the congrats!! IWill hasn't posted her last weigh in yet tho, so she could very well take my place as the Big Loser . Congrats to all you Losers - ya'll did great!!!!

Welcome back Summer & Michelle!! Michelle - WTG on yer whoosh .

Hi Elizabeth & BJ .

Quote:
Originally Posted by _tigger_
has something to do with my boobs being so big they would knock me out if i attempted anything similar to a run
LMAO - when I used to run (years ago) I had to wear a bra at least 2 sizes too small to keep the girls from bouncin' all over the place. Running with my hands holding them down created a lot of unwanted attention . I'm so glad I don't have to deal with my MIL anymore. Sorry yours is such a PITA! That's awesome that your mom is interested in this WOL. Family functions would be a breeze if everyone LC'd . Christmas at a pool sounds just heavenly & yup, much better with a few drinkie-poo's . I can't complain tho...our temps here that day were 14C (57F). While we've had high record setting temps at this time of year before, they are definitely not the norm. Actually, I've never noticed having increased gas when eating carbs. If I have a cheat day, I'll be sure to let you know if I do tho . GF made a good point - it's probably quite common for people to have gluten/wheat/dairy/etc allergies they aren't even aware of.

GF - Still waiting to hear about the bullet train . Will look at your pics when I'm done catching up. I'm with Tigger & Zorra, if you're talking about someone in a malicious or demeaning manner, that would constitute gossip. For ex., I have no problem with anyone calling me a Loser regarding weight loss (in fact I LOVE it), but when I refer to my ex as a Loser with the L sign on my forehead...let's just say it's not complimentary ...however, it should be because I usually call him a LOT worse . Oops, lookit me doggin' the ex...now there's a perfect example of gossip .

K - good for you being able to get some running in. How far were you running prior to the surgery?
Quote:
Originally Posted by meplus1
I wont say what I keep thinking KY means!!!!
LMAO - that is the 1st thing that came to my mind too. Especially now that they keep advertising the new "warming" variety.

Leslie - glad to hear you are feeling better and you like your new Dr. Great that he is supportive of the LC WOL...some of them aren't!

Harley - the club should still have diet soda of some kind (I would think anyway). Hope you enjoy the wedding.

Hey K...since there are some questions about what constitutes a cheat...do you have time to make up a list of do's/don'ts? For ex...if I stay on induction, but have a day with 23g carbs instead of 20 or less...is that a cheat?

Hopefully I caught up with everyone. Sorry if I missed anybody!
  #84   ^
Old Wed, Dec-28-05, 12:06
Go Big or Go Home

Plan: I plan to lose weight!!
Stats: 000/000/150 Female 5'5
BF:47.65/25.28/28.8

Valentine's Day Goals

Azzyzzy:
Betsy:198
BJOates:
Canucks: 167
Chococat:
GoldFish:143
Harley:190
IwillToday:
K (me):125 (maybe 120) I am still thinking on it, BUT right now 125!
Leslie:
Missaec:
Summer:
Rodmick
tapbcn:
tigger:143
Zorra:

Hope I copied the most current goals list. Sorry if I bumped anyone off.
  #85   ^
Old Wed, Dec-28-05, 12:09

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 198/175/158 Female 5'10"
BF:I am 5'10" tall
Progress: 57%
Smile

okay, good idea, I am at 193 now, I'll be reporting back......"hugs" everyone.
  #86   ^
Old Wed, Dec-28-05, 14:01

BF:

Good Morning Ladies!!!!

Canucks- First off....
Quote:
LMAO - that is the 1st thing that came to my mind too. Especially now that they keep advertising the new "warming" variety.

LMAO I wont go there, Again.....haha

Quote:
Hey K...since there are some questions about what constitutes a cheat...do you have time to make up a list of do's/don'ts? For ex...if I stay on induction, but have a day with 23g carbs instead of 20 or less...is that a cheat?

I do have a list of Do's and Dont's, and sure I will post them. However the scenario you just gave would be up to you! I guess it depends on if you are making yourself do a strict induction (which I do when I do an Induct period) or if you are just sort of following induction friendly foods!

The Rules of Induction
They really do need to be followed precisely to achieve success. Memorize the following rules as though your life depends upon it. In fact, it does.

1. Eat either three regular-size meals a day or four or five smaller meals. Do not skip meals or go more than six waking hours without eating.

2. Eat liberally of combinations of fat and protein in the form of poultry, fish, shellfish, eggs and red meat, as well as pure, natural fat in the form of butter, mayonnaise, olive oil, safflower, sunflower and other vegetable oils (preferably expeller-pressed or cold-pressed).

3. Eat no more than 20 grams a day of carbohydrate, most of which must come in the form of salad greens and other vegetables. You can eat approximately three loosely packed cups of salad, or two cups of salad plus one cup of other vegetables .

4. Eat absolutely no fruit, bread, pasta, grains, starchy vegetables or dairy products other than cheese, cream or butter. Do not eat nuts or seeds in the first two weeks. Foods that combine protein and carbohydrates, such as chickpeas, kidney beans and other legumes, are not permitted at this time.

5. Eat nothing that isn't on the Acceptable Foods list. And that means absolutely nothing. Your "just this one taste won't hurt" rationalization is the kiss of failure during this phase of Atkins.

6. Adjust the quantity you eat to suit your appetite, especially as it decreases. When you're hungry, eat the amount that makes you feel satisfied, but not stuffed. When you're not hungry, eat a small controlled carbohydrate snack to accompany your nutritional supplements.

7. Don't assume any food is low in carbohydrate—instead, read labels. Check the carb count (it's on every package) or use a carbohydrate gram counter.

8. Eat out as often as you wish but be on guard for hidden carbs in gravies, sauces and dressings. Gravy is often made with flour or cornstarch, and sugar is sometimes an ingredient in salad dressing.

9. Use sucralose or saccharin as a sweetener. Be sure to count each packet of any of these as 1 gram of carbs.

10. Avoid coffee, tea and soft drinks that contain caffeine. Excessive caffeine has been shown to cause low blood sugar, which can make you crave sugar.

11. Drink at least eight 8-ounce glasses of water each day to hydrate your body, avoid constipation and flush out the by-products of burning fat.

12. If you are constipated, mix a tablespoon or more of phylum husks in a cup or more of water and drink daily. Or, mix ground flaxseed into a shake or sprinkle wheat bran on a salad or vegetables.

13. At a minimum, take a good daily multivitamin with minerals, including potassium, magnesium and calcium, but without iron.

To be sure you are following Atkins correctly, here is a list of common mistakes to avoid:
No caffeine, no aspartame, cheese-4 oz per day maximum, vegetables-remember, the 20 grams of carbohydrates that you consume per day should mostly come from vegetables. Eat absolutely no fruit, bread, grains, starchy vegetables or dairy products other than cheese, cream or butter. Do not eat nuts in the first two weeks. Foods that combine protein and carbohydrates, such as chickpeas, kidney beans, and other legumes, are not permitted at this time.

Harley- There are certain things that are just out and out cheats, and then there are things that we have to decide as individuals if it is a cheat for YOU or not. Just remember with any alcohol your body will use that first Then go back to using your fat stores!

Canucks- You are welcome for the congrats too, you worked hard and you deserved every single one of them!!!! Keep it up girl you might win the roses and medal....

As far as me running I was in the military for 6 years so I have ran anywhere from 2 miles to 7 miles! now I cant even run a full 10 minutes without stopping! I did run 10 minutes yesterday though and even though I was sore and out of breath it felt great! I will just have to build myself back up and be careful not to hurt myself. I have decided to just do cardio for awhile then add weights back in later on down the road.

GinaLeanne- So nice to have you with us!! We weigh in on Mondays and some of us measure on Mondays too, you would be amazed sometimes what you show lost in inches!

Valentine's Day Goals

Azzyzzy:
Betsy:198
BJOates:
Canucks:
Chococat:
GoldFish:143
Harley:
IwillToday:
K (me):120
Leslie:
Missaec:
Scrapbookr 199
Summer:
Rodmick
tapbcn:
tigger:143
Zorra:

This weeks weigh ins

Dec 26...............Jan 2nd...............Jan 9th...............Jan 16th...............Jan 23rd...............Jan 30th.............Feb 6th............Feb13th

Azzyzzy:
Betsy:220
BJOates:
Canucks: 177
Chococat:
GinaLeanne:193
GoldFish:151
Harley: 205
IwillToday:
K (me):130
Leslie:144
Missaec:
Scrapbookr:219
Summer:
Rodmick
tapbcn:
tigger:152
Zorra:160.5

Room in General- Ladies PLEASE Be sure to add in your V-Day goals!! wether it is a specific weight or something else I believe it totally helps us to have a specific goal to achieve! I do believe I will go for 120 instead of 125!!! so I have changed my goal to reflect that.

Michelle- YAY!!!!!! you are getting there girl!!!! For those fo you that are doing the CF Challenge in here with me also please add it in in when you check in. Something like this- CFx1, then CFx2 etc.....

I am asking you ALL to take up the CF challenge and do your very best to stick by it!!

Leslie- I am so glad you found a doctor you like and feel you can trust....

Tigger, Summer, BJ, Betsy, Azzy, IWill, Tapbcn, Misseac, Zorra and Chococat- I hope you are all havign a WONDERFUL Day!!!! Please be sure and update your information if need be and add in your V-Day goals!!

I am looking forward to this Challenge Ladies and I hope you are too I cant believe we all lost a total of 94 POUNDS last challenge! that is an AWESOME amount to be lost in such a short period of time, and I think doing it this go around CF will give us the same result if not better!

Have a WONDERFUL CF DAY!!!!

cheat free days 79!!
weight= 132

K

Member of:!

100 Day Cheat Free= 21 days to go
30 Gone by New Years -20
30 Gone by February -12
30 days Cheat Free= X3= 11 days left
Kick Ellens Booty- -8 down 2 more to go
Who can lose the most by Valentines Day
Valentine's Day Goals= Be at GOAL
Be at Goal on April 1st Challenge
Judy's Weekly Weigh in!
31 pounds lost
  #87   ^
Old Wed, Dec-28-05, 14:27

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 198/136/127 Female 174cm
BF:42%/19%/10%
Progress: 87%

Morning everyone

Wow there is so much to catch up on this morning

So I am off to feed the baby and myself and then i will be back to say what I have to say to y'all hehe thats my american accent do u like it??

Oh & it is Day 2 CF here - but almost didnt make it!! need to be stronger today. bloody relatives giving the kids all these yummy lollies and cakes at xmas time. The call my name from the pantry lol

BBS - hope u are all having an excellent day
  #88   ^
Old Wed, Dec-28-05, 14:30

BF:

YAY for you girl!!!!

Do not give in!!!!!!! You are doign so great..
  #89   ^
Old Wed, Dec-28-05, 14:57

Plan: LowCarb
Stats: 201/197/175 Female 65
BF:Going/A/Way
Progress: 15%

I saw that you all are listing weight goals for Valentine's Day and I can not do that. Sorry, but I am taking my weight loss day by day and not setting any goals for myself other than to be happy this year and eay healthily. I have no idea where I want to be by then and putting a number on it will give me an end yes...but this year my life will be about beginnings and not ends. I am 10 lbs from goal and ready to live my life just as a normal person for once...not a dieting person. So if you do not mind I will post my weights every week in that space but will not set an end goal...

Thanks -

Summer
  #90   ^
Old Wed, Dec-28-05, 14:59

BF:

Summer- you do NOT have to put a weight goal in...Thats why I said this in my previous post, I was jsut asking for A goal....it doesnt have to be weigth related Hope that helps you out some....