Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Thu, Jan-05-06, 12:17

Plan: general lowcarb
Stats: 247/149/120 Female 5ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sLynng
Day 2 for me today. I got to work on eating the right way. I posted the guide Judy posted above in my journal so maybe that will help me plan better. I have not eaten anything bad. I have thought about it......you know how ya have to get over all those dang cravings......uhg! I know I will do better after going to the grocery store. I am going to sit down this afternoon and make my meal plan out for the rest of this week and next. I will do better by doing that. That way I know what and how much of it to buy......LOL....and I am not going to do like I done before. Cooking differntly for the family. I think that had alot to do with me giving in. It made it really hard for me. So they will just have to eat what I eat or go out without me...lol
I may still fix a potato here and there for them to add to what I fix......I have stuck to whole grain wheat bread so the kids dont even mind that anymore. And were are again down to 1% milk. I have to buy like 5 gal a week......gosh....all these starving teens around here.

Well, I am running off at the mouth.......ya'll have a great day.

Hi Sherry,
Oh gosh cravings. Do i definately know about them.Its really hard when the family doesnt eat the same as you so I hear ya there. Hubby says he'll start eating like me when he wants to lean up. He's first trying to bulk up his weight to 200 with food and muscle and then will cut. Something along those lines. I've told hubby that when we go out to eat that I can only eat at places that are SB friendly. Theres this super chinese buffet with tons of fresh seafood Or i like sizzlers because of the salad bar. Just stay away from all the other stuff. Thats good that you're making small changes for the family. You can do this!! Yay Sherri!!
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Thu, Jan-05-06, 15:17
From Flab to Fab!

Plan: Fat Flush / SB
Stats: 300/225/185 Female 5ft 8"
BF:No Thanks
Progress: 65%

I appreciate the kind things you guys say about me - thank you so much, you guys are really sweet! But I have a confession...LOL In motivating you lot I am being a bit selfish actually, as it motivates me at the same time! So I do my best to keep us all boyant and happy, and that way, I gain momentum and so do you!!

I do like to see all the old faces back, that makes me really happy - it means that no matter what happens, people chose to come back here and get help - and also don't run off to other plans never to be seen again!

Now, girls and guys, kick those cravings by drinking plenty of water and taking your mind off of them!

Keep going, we are all doing this really well
  #78   ^
Old Thu, Jan-05-06, 16:06

BF:

LOL Hazel, I am the same way as well! When I am busy motivating people to eat right and exercise it motivates me too! Just gotta make sure that the momentum doesnt die down. I was reading in shape magazine that it takes 3 weeks for anything to become a habit, and then disappointment may occur. Because progress may slowdown, whatever but that is just part of the process. So now we know about it and lets have a plan of action ready so that we dont give into the binging, and eating off plan from disappointment, frustration etc.
  #79   ^
Old Fri, Jan-06-06, 03:07

BF:

Heres to health and lots of pounds dropped!!
  #80   ^
Old Fri, Jan-06-06, 11:10

Plan: South Beach(Phase III)
Stats: 235/187/190 Male 6'
BF:
Progress: 107%

Down a little over 2 pounds since starting Phase I on Monday. I've had no cheats. I've had to use extreme will power a couple of times to not eat my regular Phase III chow.

I've dropped back to Phase I several times over the last 2 years...

What does take some effort is dealing with habit. On Phase III I get used to eating cereal for breakfast. I usually have Post Shredded Wheat and Bran 4 or 5 days a week. It's fast, easy, and good for me. It has 8 grams of fiber and no added sugar. Good Stuff.

It's now day 5 and I'm on a roll with different breakfast choices. Eggs, yogurt, turkey bacon, etc. Only 9 more days of Phase 1 to go and I'll start adding my usual Phase II chow back in slowly. Just like when first started.

My official weigh day has always been Friday...I'll continue with that...it's a habit.
  #81   ^
Old Fri, Jan-06-06, 13:11

Plan: Bariatric Surgery/S.Beach
Stats: 280/143/145 Female 5ft 3 inches
BF:way/2/much
Progress: 101%

TGIF Everyone,
Not sure why but my weight has crept up another couple of pounds.
Just got my book, and food lists back out. Need to review maybe I'm really not eating phase 1 foods. Need to check myself.

Holiday Party tomorrow. Maybe its just the stress of getting everything done for this? At least this is the last thing we need to do. We will be officially done being directors for our bike group after this party.

Hope you all are having a great day.
  #82   ^
Old Fri, Jan-06-06, 16:02
From Flab to Fab!

Plan: Fat Flush / SB
Stats: 300/225/185 Female 5ft 8"
BF:No Thanks
Progress: 65%

*sigh*

Ok, guys I have a confession. I stopped eating again! Ugh. My problem usually isn't over eating or eating the wrong things, it's every single time I hit ketosis, I just stop eating. It's incredibly self destructive because I KNOW that if I don't eat I don't lose weight - in fact, most of the time (and I have no idea why it happens) I actually GAIN weight!!!

Grrrr. I need to get eating again - so kick me in the butt guys please. I just need a little encouragement to get back to eating all my meals and snacks and not cutting out vast parts of my dayly intake of food.

And before anyone suggests it, no I don't have an eating disorder....I just totally lose my appetite when I hit ketosis!!
  #83   ^
Old Fri, Jan-06-06, 16:14

BF:

Hi Hazel,
Okay missie, I'm kicking your bootie! You know that you have to eat or your body is going to start holding onto everything. Our fatcells are stubborn like that Drink your water, eat your veggies, and treat yourself right Hugs..

Last edited by petersn78 : Fri, Jan-06-06 at 17:13.
  #84   ^
Old Fri, Jan-06-06, 17:11
South Beach, Phase 1

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 203/191.8/137 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 17%

Hi Ladies and gents... So many old faces
I would like to jump on the wagon and start all over again.
Would you mind?
you are a lovely bunch of people, very supportive people.
Love,
  #85   ^
Old Fri, Jan-06-06, 21:03

BF:

This is so wonderful to see so many of us coming back to the beach. Lets stay here this time
  #86   ^
Old Sat, Jan-07-06, 01:54

BF:

Ackkk!!! It is pretty much midnight and my cravings are outta control right now!!!! I am not giving in though. Thats why I'm here, drinking my green tea. I just had to leave the situation because hubby was downstairs munching on chips and I couldnt bear it any longer. I wish that he would just hop on board with my new woe but nope.I'm so excited about going on day 7 tomorrow that theres no way in h-e- double hockey sticks that I'm mucking it up tonight to go back to day 1.
  #87   ^
Old Sat, Jan-07-06, 07:33
Gretchen and me

Plan: modifiedSB
Stats: 226/225.5/210 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 3%

I'm checking into Phase I - Redux as a late entry. My first goal of 2006 is Phase I eating. (Note: I do allow myself 1/2 c. berries which is OK for me from past experience.)

Urmmm, it is 1/7/06 and I haven't clocked in a Phase I day yet, although I've managed to Phase II more or less.

I've got the pantry stocked, the chicken breasts cooked, canned tuna and vegetables....and reporting in for (hopefully) CF Ph I Day #1

Last edited by eacoy : Sat, Jan-07-06 at 07:41. Reason: typo
  #88   ^
Old Sat, Jan-07-06, 08:58

Plan: trying to figure it out
Stats: 214/201.4/160 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 23%

I went back to phase 1 on Thursday and I have been doing good so far. Today I have no choice but to have a little Non Phase 1 food. We are going to an Auction and the only foods they have are Cheeseburgers, Burritos and things like that from a what I call "GUT TRUCK". I will be taking along some FF Cottage cheese with Splenda and Cinnamon and for Lunch I bought a SBD Kraft Lunchable (one of those wraps) that way I know I have something better to eat than what they have.
What do you all think? You think this would be ok to do? Judy or Hazel or Skippie, should I go back tomorrow and restart Phase 1 or should I continue in Phase 1?

Last edited by miezimau : Sat, Jan-07-06 at 08:59. Reason: typo
  #89   ^
Old Sat, Jan-07-06, 09:31
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by miezimau
I went back to phase 1 on Thursday and I have been doing good so far. Today I have no choice but to have a little Non Phase 1 food. We are going to an Auction and the only foods they have are Cheeseburgers, Burritos and things like that from a what I call "GUT TRUCK". I will be taking along some FF Cottage cheese with Splenda and Cinnamon and for Lunch I bought a SBD Kraft Lunchable (one of those wraps) that way I know I have something better to eat than what they have.
What do you all think? You think this would be ok to do? Judy or Hazel or Skippie, should I go back tomorrow and restart Phase 1 or should I continue in Phase 1?

OK Susan...here is my feedback and you may not like it!! Why can't you bring your own food to this event? Do you not have plastic containers to put a salad into? or chopped veggies and some hummus? there are so many tings that you can easily bring with you so that you do not have to eat all that crap!!!! You've been doing this long enough now that you need to start thinking about these ways to avoid eating junk!!

As for the lunchable? No flour wraps while on phase I.....now you can remove the wrap and rewrap it in lettuce!!

You can do it Susan!!
  #90   ^
Old Sat, Jan-07-06, 09:36
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by petersn78
Ackkk!!! It is pretty much midnight and my cravings are outta control right now!!!! I am not giving in though. Thats why I'm here, drinking my green tea. I just had to leave the situation because hubby was downstairs munching on chips and I couldnt bear it any longer. I wish that he would just hop on board with my new woe but nope.I'm so excited about going on day 7 tomorrow that theres no way in h-e- double hockey sticks that I'm mucking it up tonight to go back to day 1.

I hear you Naomi!! I don't know how you do that....but you are doing it and that is great!! I'd kick him out of the house with his chips!!