Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Wed, Jan-04-06, 08:31

Plan: low cal, 35 gr carb a day
Stats: 174.7/160.1/135 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 37%

Hi Hazel, remember me?
I've been away since September, I took a break to try getting pregnant (IVF)(again); I thought focusing on one big goal at a time, would help me achieve some success.....well it didn't work, not only did I not get PG, instead I gained all my weight back (12 lbs). I was doomed to fail; I guess it was combination of fertility drugs, stress, eating and the holidays. So time to get back on the beach. I'm trying not to beat myself up and just start over...

I will start Phase 1 this weekend (Saturday); need to detox my house of crap, I am also going to join a gym and I will also try IVF again later in Feb...
I need all the help I can get, so here I am. New year, new start.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Wed, Jan-04-06, 09:17

Plan: SB,FFP
Stats: 239.4/239.4/150 Female 5ft 3in
BF:
Progress: 0%

I am like so here........Phase I
  #63   ^
Old Wed, Jan-04-06, 09:29
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sLynng
I am like so here........Phase I

Hey Sherry!! Welcome Back sweetie!!
  #64   ^
Old Wed, Jan-04-06, 10:55
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judynyc
Getting a digital scale has been big for me!! Last night I had dreamfields pasta w/ my chili. Its good that way!! anyway....I actually weighed out 2 ozs on my food scale!! what a concept!!
I need to get a scale. My hands don't register ounces very well.
  #65   ^
Old Wed, Jan-04-06, 11:03
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstar
I hope you all don't mind me joining in with PHASE I- REDUX. Looks like fun.

me too.

Last edited by PilotGal : Wed, Jan-04-06 at 14:58.
  #66   ^
Old Wed, Jan-04-06, 11:16
Attitude is a Choice

Yayyy Lynne!!

Welcome!!
  #67   ^
Old Wed, Jan-04-06, 12:22

Plan: South Beach (restart)
Stats: 330/267.5/190 Female 65"
BF:47.5%
Progress: 45%

Day three! Feeling better! Turned away temptation earlier today - looked right at it, and said ... no thanks.

And I've got almost all my water in already today!
  #68   ^
Old Wed, Jan-04-06, 14:52
Attitude is a Choice

I realize that this thread is for those of us that are redoing phase I but I think that a refresher would be a good idea. So here is the phase I Meal Plan Chart that I found at the SBD web site itself. Please use it to guide you!!
This means:
1- NO STARCH
2- NO FRUIT
3- NO EXCUSES!!!

Quote:
How To Adapt Your Meal Plan
Phase I

The South Beach Diet™ is designed so that you can easily swap meals and ingredients. If you don't like eggs for breakfast, have low-fat cottage cheese or lean meat instead. Not a fish lover? Then choose lean beef or poultry. In Phase 1 of the diet, you can eat as many proteins and vegetables as you like, plus fats like olive oil. Fruit and starches aren't allowed until Phase 2. Here's a look at some general eating guidelines. For specific food choices, check out the Phase 1 Foods to Enjoy & Avoid list.

BREAKFAST
Protein: Quantity is not limited. Start with a 2 oz. portion, eat slowly, go back for seconds if still hungry.

Vegetables: Minimum 1/2 cup or 6-8 oz. tomato or vegetable juice.

Fruit: None

Starch: None

Milk/Dairy: 2 cups allowed daily (including yogurt)

Fat: 1 tsp mayonnaise, trans-free margarine, or oil (optional)

SNACK
Snacks are required. Choose a protein, vegetable, fat-free plain yogurt, or nuts/seeds. A snack that combines protein (1 oz.) and vegetables is encouraged.

LUNCH
Protein: Quantity is not limited. Start with a 3 oz. portion, eat slowly, go back for seconds if still hungry.

Vegetables: Minimum 2 cups.
We encourage you to include a serving of beans (1/3-1/2 cup) as part of your vegetables.

Fat: 1 Tbsp mayonnaise, trans-free margarine or oil, or 2 Tbsp salad dressing

SNACK
Snacks are required. Choose a protein, vegetable, fat-free plain yogurt, or nuts/seeds. A snack that combines protein (1 oz.) and vegetables is encouraged.

DINNER
Protein: Quantity is not limited. Start with a 3 oz. portion, eat slowly, go back for seconds if still hungry.

Vegetables:Minimum 2 cups.
We encourage you to include a serving of beans (1/3-1/2 cup) as part of your vegetables.

Fat: 1 Tbsp mayonnaise, trans-free margarine or oil, or 2 Tbsp salad dressing

DESSERT / EVENING SNACK
Desserts are optional. Enjoy some of your Sweet Treat allowance, a dessert, or any of the snack choices.

SWEET TREATS
Sweet Treats are products that contain sugar alcohols. You can enjoy them throughout the day to satisfy your sweet tooth — just limit yourself to roughly 75 calories worth per day to avoid any GI distress.
See a list of Sweet Treat options here

BEVERAGES
Diet, decaffeinated, sugar-free drinks are not limited. You can enjoy caffeinated coffee or diet sodas with caffeine added, but limit to 1 - 2 servings per day.
  #69   ^
Old Wed, Jan-04-06, 15:09

Plan: South Beach(Phase III)
Stats: 235/187/190 Male 6'
BF:
Progress: 107%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judynyc
I realize that this thread is for those of us that are redoing phase I but I think that a refresher would be a good idea. So here is the phase I Meal Plan Chart that I found at the SBD web site itself. Please use it to guide you!!
This means:
1- NO STARCH
2- NO FRUIT
3- NO EXCUSES!!!

1 and 2 are important....number 3 is really important.

Thanks Judy!
  #70   ^
Old Wed, Jan-04-06, 15:16
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstar
1 and 2 are important....number 3 is really important.

Thanks Judy!

#71   ^
Old Wed, Jan-04-06, 16:03

Plan: general lowcarb
Stats: 247/149/120 Female 5ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 77%

Hi Everyone,
I am officially on day 4, and going strong. Thank God. I havent checked my weight and wont until my weigh in day. I think I was always headed for failure because I was concentrating on numbers too much and not on overall health.

Skippie-Sounds like you're going to be busy moving boxes and such. That definately burns cals. My birthday is July 24, and then I will be 28.

Aple-Its a new year new start. Let get er done

Sherry-I'm so happy to see so many familiar faces.Yay to coming back to the beach

Pilotgal-Welcome!!

Joan-Woo hoo on turning down tempation. That can be very hard!

Anybody else-Have a great one
  #72   ^
Old Wed, Jan-04-06, 16:18
From Flab to Fab!

Plan: Fat Flush / SB
Stats: 300/225/185 Female 5ft 8"
BF:No Thanks
Progress: 65%

Well done everyone on keeping focused and strong!! I am glad I came here tonight and see so many new members (even moreso that you were all members of the original thread, or long term members of this board!!) Remember guys and gals - you can all join in with the weekly weigh in which happens on a monday morning over on the babes thread if you want to - it's a wonderful motivator and keeps plenty of us on track! Guys are welcome, so don't be put off by the title of the thread!! lol

Thanks everyone for making this thread a success - I am truly proud of each and every one of you!

GO US!!!!!!

On a side note, I was down to 222.5 on Monday but my weight has bounced half a lb because I am just coming up for a TOM visit, so I am refusing to get on the scale until monday. By which time TOM will be established and hopefully the rise in the scale will be gone.

The great thing about my weight hiking up over christmas (if there is a good thing about gaining weight!!) was that it taught me that it is too easily put back on, but more-so that I am able to get right back on track, and actually that even though I beat myself up continually for eating too much food - usually it is LEGAL food so I should quit being so darn hard on myself.

I think it has taught me patience. Something I have very little of!!

I hope you're all having a fantastic week
  #73   ^
Old Thu, Jan-05-06, 09:04
From Flab to Fab!

Plan: Fat Flush / SB
Stats: 300/225/185 Female 5ft 8"
BF:No Thanks
Progress: 65%

Hi folks, are you having a good day with your food? Reember getting back on track isn't always easy or plain sailing, but it'll be so worth it in the end!
Focus on the weight you want to be at when you hit goal, and remember how far you've come to get to this point!!
We can do this together!!

I'm having another great day with my food, plenty of veggies and having my snacks as I feel they are one of the most important parts of South Beach.
I am hoping my scale will drop before the end of the week....but tom has come knocking, so I'm not sure if it'll be too soon for the water weight I gain (every damn month) to dissapear! I seem to retain water like a baloon when TOM comes to visit!

Hope everyone is having an awesome week
xx
  #74   ^
Old Thu, Jan-05-06, 11:28

Plan: general lowcarb
Stats: 247/149/120 Female 5ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 77%

Hi Everyone,
Day 5 here I come!! Yay!! I'm going to try and up the veggies today but honestly I've been using them sparingly because hubby doesnt get paid again until next friday and I'm running short. But meat you know men Never a shortage of that Anyways, hope everyones doing great. Hazel is a very caring person and helps everyone so much. Thank you soo much for being you!
  #75   ^
Old Thu, Jan-05-06, 11:46

Plan: SB,FFP
Stats: 239.4/239.4/150 Female 5ft 3in
BF:
Progress: 0%

Day 2 for me today. I got to work on eating the right way. I posted the guide Judy posted above in my journal so maybe that will help me plan better. I have not eaten anything bad. I have thought about it......you know how ya have to get over all those dang cravings......uhg! I know I will do better after going to the grocery store. I am going to sit down this afternoon and make my meal plan out for the rest of this week and next. I will do better by doing that. That way I know what and how much of it to buy......LOL....and I am not going to do like I done before. Cooking differntly for the family. I think that had alot to do with me giving in. It made it really hard for me. So they will just have to eat what I eat or go out without me...lol
I may still fix a potato here and there for them to add to what I fix......I have stuck to whole grain wheat bread so the kids dont even mind that anymore. And were are again down to 1% milk. I have to buy like 5 gal a week......gosh....all these starving teens around here.

Well, I am running off at the mouth.......ya'll have a great day.