Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-29-05, 11:09

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 213/130/130 Female 5'5.5"
BF:21.83%
Progress: 100%
Default Some before and afters pics!

Hello CADettes and low carbers! Thought I'd share some befores and durings I finally found of myself along with a couple of pictures my DH took of me on Thanksgiving.

Here is one of me around my heaviest weight of 213 pounds. Why do we always think that putting a pillow in front of our belly will hide the fact that are fat?

This is me at 198 at my youngest daughter's (Julia) communion in 2002. Boy, did my feet hurt that day!

This is me at 187 with my sister behind me. We had whiskers painted on our face for my daughter's cat-themed birthday party.

Easter 2003 with my oldest daughter, Jessica. I was about 180 here.

Here I am with Jessica at her 8th grade graduation dance this past June. I'm 165 here.

You may remember this one that I took about 8 weeks ago when I was 139.5.

And these next two are from this past Thanksgiving the day after I reached goal weight (130)! The second one is a little blurry. I look a little tired from cooking and baking for two days.

And this last one is what I bought myself for reaching goal weight. It is a 2-carat garnet ring set in white gold with 8 small diamonds (4 on each side of the garnet), each representing every 10 pounds I've lost. I call it my "Blood, sweat, and tears" ring. The garnet representing my blood and the diamonds representing the sweat and tears it took me to reach my goal! I love it so much. Every time I look at it, it will remind me of all the hard work it took to reach my goal and remind me to stay on track!

Hope these pics will inspire people to keep going no matter how long it takes. It took me almost 3 years to reach my goal, but I was not consistent. If I was more consistent, I know it would probably have taken me less than half that time. But I will never regret how long it did take because I learned so much during this time, and I know I will never go back to how I ate before. I just feel so darn good eating this way. And I have to say, for anyone who doesn't know me, that I only lost the last 10 pounds with CALP. The rest was lost with various other low carb diets.

This Saturday I am taking some after bikini shots and will post them here alongside the before bikini shots I took when I was 204 pounds (this is where I would insert the "YIKES" smilie if we had one).

Have a great day everyone and eat clean!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Nov-29-05, 11:21
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Wow!!!!

What an accomplishment!!!

You are encouraging me that I will make it too!!!

Congratulations!!!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Nov-29-05, 11:27

Stats: 210.5/210.5/150 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 0%

You look amazing!!! You should be very proud of your accomplishment
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Nov-29-05, 11:28

Plan: lower carb 16/8 IF
Stats: 165/127/120 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 84%
Default Wow!!!

You look awesome!!!! I've followed your progress on another message board and you have done great. You have inspired me to quit Atkins and give CAD a try.

That ring is gorgeous and you totally deserve it - WELL DONE!!!!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Nov-29-05, 11:33

Thank you all so much! You are a big reason that I've stayed on track with CALP.

wzlswmn--I actually did CALP. I like the ond-third portion control of this plan as opposed to CAD where you can basically eat whatever you want for your reward meal. It's a bit too easy to go out of control with that one. At least it was for me. I wish you much success with it!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Nov-29-05, 11:48

Plan: Plant-based
Stats: 200/168/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%

Wow- Sandy the transformation is amazing! WTG! You look wonderful. The ring is an awesome idea of the reminder of what it took for you to make goal, awesome idea! Something I may think about doing
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Nov-29-05, 12:23

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 319/195/175 Female 177
BF:
Progress: 86%

OMG!
The Incredible Shrinking Woman!!!

Well done to you! You deserve that ring!
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Nov-29-05, 12:26

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 158/151/140 Female 61.5
BF:
Progress: 39%

Oh Sandy-Your photos show your hard work really paid off.You're really an inspiration for all of us on this board and for all the people in your life.

Big Congraultation on your total accomplishments.

Hugs CAG
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Nov-29-05, 12:44

Plan: CAD (original version)
Stats: 154/153/135 Female 5'7"
BF:33%>30%>19%
Progress: 5%

Great job! I love the idea of the ring as a reminder of your hard work.

You look fantastic, I remember when I was 132, last year in January 2004, I want to get back there sooo bad. I'm getting serious about it, so hopefully I'll be able to post some photos of my success.

Thanks-
Nicole

Last edited by SummerSlim : Tue, Nov-29-05 at 12:52.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Nov-29-05, 15:18

You WILL get there again, Nicole. I never thought I'd ever get to 130 again, especially at my age, but it was not as hard as I thought it would be.

Thank you all for your compliments. It means so much to me. I'm glad you like my ring, too!
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Nov-29-05, 15:22
From Flab to Fab!

Plan: Fat Flush / SB
Stats: 300/225/185 Female 5ft 8"
BF:No Thanks
Progress: 65%

Wow.......incredible progress and you look really beautiful!!
Way to go!
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Nov-29-05, 16:19
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Sandy-
the pics are amazing!! You look like a different person- except the great smile that is there in every picture! I also love the ring- it is important to reward ourselves for making big changes in our lives. It just isn't something we talk about, but a really smart strategy. Plus it is a beautiful ring!
You are also a great addition to our little CAD/CALP group. I am really glad you are here!
E
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Nov-30-05, 15:22

Plan: CAD and 12 DD (Mayo)
Stats: 223/206/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

Sandy, I needed to see this today! Thank you so much for sharing them!!! I have had one good day today, although I haven't eaten enough so I am hungry at the moment. LOL! It is so good to see you where you were and where you are are now. I think our body types are similar so it is a wonderful pep talk for what will be!

I LOVE THAT RING!
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Nov-30-05, 15:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 234/141.8/149 Female 5'5.5"
BF:
Progress: 108%

w00t w00t!! Check out the hot chick!! The one that was beautiful before and is simply smokin' now!

Congratulations Sandy. Right behind ya, chicka!

And workin' on that package to send ya too, btw.

Fancy seein' you here. LOL!!
~Brook
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Dec-01-05, 10:05

Thank you again, everyone!!! It motivates me even more to stay at goal knowing you all know what I've gone through to get there.

Brook--OMG! I was just thinking about you today while I was working out. My DH is back at work today after his vacation and I told my sister that I am coming over her house this coming Monday (her only day off) and she had better have her fiance show her how to copy those DVDs! LOL I am determined to get this done. I just don't want you to think I forgot you, okay? Between DHs vacation and Thanksgiving, I've just been running around like a "turkey" without a head! LOL