Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Sat, Dec-17-05, 08:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 173/159/120 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default Happy Birthday Joy

Good Morning Everyone. Wow the list is getting so long I can't really personalize the good mornings anymore. But that's a good thing.

As you can see it's Joy's birthday today. I won't say how old she is but if you saw her picture, you would never guess her true age.

I need to be creative with meals today. I think I'll bake a rack of ribs for myself. Yum. Love ribs. We are also in the process of taping and mudding some holes in our walls (from the electrical work we did). So that is an on-going mess that needs attention.

Have a great day every one. By the way, I need a gift idea for my hubby. I'll take all suggestions.

Cindy
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Sun, Dec-18-05, 05:40

Stats: 178/135/140 Female 5ft 9in
BF:
Progress: 113%

Good Morning Everyone,

Thank you so much Cindy for your Birthday greetings.. I love you too. Hope everything went well with the walls. Kiss thoes Babies for me. How are you feeling today? I hope you feel better today, I know that you have a busy day ahead of you. I'll call you later. (PS. Cindy is my wonderfull SIL)

Welcome Lanny,
Hope you come back and post with us often. Really lovely girls here in Ontario.

Hi Donna,
I love pork, we mainly cook pork or chicken. I love fish also but find it very expensive here. Which is strange since Canada has so much water around, we should be able to purchase inexpensive fish here like we do in my home country. I have eaten more fish since I started this WOL nine weeks ago than I have done in the nine years I am here in Canada. The sad thing is I grew up eating fish four or five times a week in Trinidad. Now we know the benifits of eating fish for our general health and brains. The two older boys ate fish all the time and now with my two little ones I have to train them to eat fish but we are getting there. You know it if difficult to get little ones to try new things.....

Hi Kristine,
Because I grew up in Trinidad my cooking includes many spices, so even on LC I find it very easy to continue cooking adding the spices that I grew up with. I think food must taste good all the time in order for us to want to eat it every day.
I think most of all I miss beans, like red beans, black eye beens and chick peas. Beans are a big part of West Indian cooking. Hopefully I will be able to get to the point when I can reintroduce them into my diet. I really don't miss the rice or pasta or even potatoes. So far I don't miss the sweet, although my mother is a great baker and we always had baked stuff around, but we also always ate fruit. As children as well as an adult we ate so much fruit, because in Trinidad every one whould have fruit trees in their gardens. People plant food as well as flowers.

Any way today I am going to go shopping, hopefully I can do it all today. Not that much more to do but just have not found the time to do so. DH will be home this morning so I am going to take the opportunity to go out.
We got lots of things done at my friends home yesterday so she is feeling a lot better. Thank you Donna for your kind comments. It means a lot to me.

Well that's all from me this morning. Hope all is well with everybody. Keep posting and reading. Keep on track with our WOL on LC.
Warmest Regards,
Joy
  #78   ^
Old Sun, Dec-18-05, 08:12

Stats: 249/166.5/150 Female 5ft5inches
BF:
Progress: 83%

Hi Everyone on my way out the door but had to read this first. Going for breakfast with 2 other couples we do this most Sunday mornings. Went out for dinner at a friends house last night I took celery, deviled eggs, cheese, olive tray along with three cheese ranch dressing. Shared it with everyone she made salad I put on my own dressing and added deviled eggs to it, prime rib, coleslaw, (I know it had sugar in it but what could I do next time instead of taking a half cup full I will take a couple tablespoons until I find out if there is sugar in it. Brussels sprouts where good I usually do not make them I may now. Skipped the dessert I had one light drink of alchol to be social. Did not hurt me on the scale to much up a half lb. But the last 10 I want to take more slowly anyway. Talk to everyone later have a great day shopping Joy. Donna
  #79   ^
Old Sun, Dec-18-05, 10:05
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

Hi all.

Happy Birthday Joy!!!
  #80   ^
Old Sun, Dec-18-05, 21:52
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

Hi everybody, hope all had a great weekend. My hat's off to those who got their Christmas shopping finished; I still have a couple things to buy, and nothing is wrapped yet .

Belated Happy Birthday, Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2donnalee
Welcome Doreen T I just noticed you where the forum founder sounds like an interesting story tell us about how the forum got started.

Thanks Donna . Actually, there's a thread in our Best Of forum that explains ... A bit of history about our site .

Doreen
  #81   ^
Old Mon, Dec-19-05, 05:45

BF:

Good Morning Everyone,

Thank you so much for the Birthday greetings......

Got my shopping done yesterday. The shopping was easy the paying was another thing, the casher lines were long.... Did not drink as much water as I should and did not eat well at all. No cheats but I could not find any good stuff to buy to eat at the mall so I purchase a salad from McD. It was not good at all and the chicken was breaded so I did not eat it. Any way today is another day. This is the last week of my children's school. So busy with school concert, school projects and school parties. Going to make Bread as Teacher's gifts this year.

It will be amazing if I get a work out in there some were. I will try, need it after yesterday
I hope all is Well with everybody.
Donna I hope you enjoyed your breakfast with your friends, sounds so good.

Hi Doreen I read your link to the start up of this site. Most Interesting. Thank you to everybody who took the time to build this site.. You guys gave a lot of your personal time to do so. Are any more of the orginal members still posting like you do?
You have been with us for a long time. This is a good thing as I am hoping to be like you and be around a long time.
Thanks again Doreen.

This site is really important to me, I come here every morning while having my coffee and before my children get up and I enjoy reading and post.
Have a great day everybody. Five more sleeps to Christmas.
Warmest Regards,
Joy.
  #82   ^
Old Mon, Dec-19-05, 05:57

BF:

Morning everyone

Joy I am sorry forgot to wish you a happy birthday I was trying to remember everything in the posts before and forgot so happy belated.

Joy it must be hard for you and Cindy as well as others with children of course they have to come first that sure does not make things like excercise easy to fit in. It is hard enough with no distractions let along something as important as children. So my hat goes off to you and to all the other readers with children and trying to do this WOL. I to find this site very helpful as well as fit day which I found on here as well .Now before I eat supper I fill in what I am going to eat and often make changes as I see the days totals add up. So keep strong and continued success to everyone reading. Bye for now Donna
  #83   ^
Old Mon, Dec-19-05, 05:58

Plan: Atkins, Zone
Stats: ---/155/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

thank you Trinigirl...i will try..i have 2 weeks off as of this friday ....with the whole 41cm we got this friday now we can go xcountry skiing whooo hoooo ...we had so much that some of the cars you couldnt see...reminded me when i use to go to school back in the 70's...i promise myself to stay outdoors during them 2 weeks so i dont end up in the house eating left overs

and yes my xmas shopping is over doreen...just a few odds and ends for xmas dinner but that's ok...

well i wish you all a great xmas and a fantastic new year...and the most important, BEST OF HEALTH TO YOU ALL....

and we all know canadians are quiet people but when we really really really want something we all know we can go and get it and we do...so let's kick "ass" and let's go for our goals for the new year!

have a great holiday and please DONT drink and drive and stay safe

ciao
  #84   ^
Old Tue, Dec-20-05, 12:09

BF:

Hi Everyone,
Late start today. Did some housework, you know how it is, you clean it today tomorrow you have to do all over again.
Have some cookies in the oven, smells great. Will let you know how they come out when the kids and DH get here this afternoon.
Just happy to be baking....
Things are good I am still on target I belive. No Cheats so far.
Getting closer to Christmas and I am missing my family in Trinidad.
Our Christmas there are very diffrent. Lots of friends and family. But tonight is our Children Concert at the school, my daughter has a part in the play she is acting, dancing and singing and my son is singing. Can't wait to see them.

Cindy sent me my Birthday present, She sent me some LC pasta and a "The Essential Atkins for life Kit.

Thank you so much Cindy for always thinking of me
. I love you.

So that is all from me now. Just wanted to check in with my friends.
Warmest Regards,
Joy
  #85   ^
Old Wed, Dec-21-05, 05:41

BF:

Good Morning

Not feeling very good yesterday stomach cramps, felt like a flu never had the flu before that I know of. Funny part is I had a flu shot a couple of weeks ago. Do not seem to be losing much right now. I have drank diet ginger ale and diet root beer that sweetner will slow me down every time. Yesterday all I ate was asparagus, pork chop and half a deviled egg. Oh well I will keep plugging away it will come off and I feel so much better eating WOE that I will be patient.

Joy how long have you lived here Christmas in Trinidad would be fun. Never been there hearing you speak about it makes me want to go.

Cindy how does LC pasta taste?

Lots to do today finish wrapping a few last minute things. Housework and baking for the next three days.

My best to everyone wish everyone well. Donna
  #86   ^
Old Wed, Dec-21-05, 06:21

BF:

Hi everyone,

Hi Donna

Hope you are feeling alot better today, rotten time of the year to be under the weather. I am like you I have approx. 10 lbs to meet my listed goal here, I am sure that our bodies try to hold on to that weight. I think the body wants to hold on to the fat in case we go into starvation. That is my thought. Not sure of the science behind it but it make sence. Also for our hights we might already be in what is considered to be normal weight.

Donna I have been in Canada nine years last October, I had my third son brought him up to meet his Nanna then decided that I did not want to leave him, I had never had the opportunity to be at home with my first two boys, My husband was working here in Canada and flying back and forth to Trinidad, he was away from us, three months or more at time. So that was difficult. So we made the move. It has been diffucult at times. The last year has been the hardest, I think it is because it has finally hit me that Canada now has be be my home. I still think of Trinidad as home, plus my older boys really don't have an interest in living here. My parents are getting older and I am not there. Many things. Changing to this way of life has made quite a diffrence. Those things are still there but I can cope with them better. Having Cindy in my life is also very helpful.

Yesterday I made cookiees and a sprice cake for my family. I was told by DH and kids that it was good. I was happy to make something homemade for them, but I did not feel the need the eat any.

Went to the children's christmas concert. It was great, my daughter is such a Ham, she loves being on stage. She is so like me.......... life is my stage. My son did very well also.
Today I am going to bake some more for the family. We also have a school outing to a pool. It will be first time in a swimsuit since my weight loss. We will see if I do swim. It should be fun.

Still staying on track, not drinking as much water, so busy that I forget, and it will happen today because I am going to the pool, don't want to have to be rushing off to the wash room all the time.....

Any way Girls keep posting I know that it is difficult and trying to find the time is hard but we can do this together. Keep reading.
All the Best Everyone.
Warmest Regards,
Joy
  #87   ^
Old Wed, Dec-21-05, 08:15

Stats: 173/159/120 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 26%

Good Morning.

I have a huge mess to clean up today and I want to do some baking with the kids.

I cheated yesterday and had a sugar sweetened candy. I don't feel guilty about it. It was a choice I made. My problem is not drinking enough water. I have to force myself to drink each glass. I am not a sipper so it has to be by the glass. I remember to get maybe qty of 4 eight oz glasses down a day. I'm just not thirsty. And it makes me feel nausious to drink so much. I keep trying but I'm losing without all the extra water so I am not too upset by it. I have to start planning our LC Christmas dishes. I have the cheesecake already. I just need to make the stuffing and mashed cauliflour. Has anyone ever made the MC and froze it? I'm trying to make things ahead to ease the last minute mess and rush.

Anyway, have a great day and don't forget to keep your gas tanks full in cold weather.

Cindy
  #88   ^
Old Thu, Dec-22-05, 05:43

BF:

Hi Everyone,
Have to get an earily start today, baking cupcakes for my children school partywhich is tomorrow. DH is helping me make bread today for the Teacher's presents... He makes get bread.
Then I was asked yesterday by my son's teacher to come in this afternoon to help out with a school project, so will be busy this afternoon at school.
I can't wait for school to be off. Still have to pick up odds and ends at the supermarket.
Still doing great with my eating, no more workouts however just being a busy girl ... but active, went swimming with the kids yesterday so that should count. The other Moms were amaze at my weight loss, I think because I am tall I carry my weight really well.
Lost another lb. down to 149lbs, but I know my body is getting ready for my TOM so I might gain back some weight. I can feel the pain in my tummy and the bloat in my joints...
But I am happy, my clothering is slack on me and I can remove my jeans without unzipping them.Makes for easier bathroom breaks
Still need to drink more water.......Can't seem to find the time to drink more, will try to do better today.
Well that is all from me.

Hi Donna hope all is well.
Cindy I hope that you have a good day. See you soon.

Hope all is well with all my friends here and that you are staying strong. Keep posting and reading.
Warmest Regards,
Joy
  #89   ^
Old Thu, Dec-22-05, 06:06

BF:

Hi everyone

Busy day today for me to. Housework and baking before everyone gets here. On top of that we are selling our home and he asked yesterday if he could see in it. Emagine that he verbally bought it months ago and is just getting around now to ask to see in it. Oh well Morgan told him between Christmas and New Years or before we leave to go away. That gives me a little extra time. Hope I am feeling better today had no energy the last couple managed to do laundry and supper yesterday. I am down 1.5 lbs so far this week my goal was 30 lbs in three months Oct 2- Jan -2 I am two lbs away from that now should be able to make it.
Joy I am going to read about Trinidad today or I mean look it up on the computer. I am curious about it now. I think I would like to try foods from there I have been watching the food tv lately and watching them cook with more spices is interesting me more. Well time to make a list of what has to be done and get to it.
Good morning Cindy I know you have a busy household kids and house and everything keep up the good work and good luck on your low carb meal.

Bye for now
Donna
  #90   ^
Old Thu, Dec-22-05, 16:02

Plan: IF/Keto OMAD
Stats: 236.9/214.1/199 Female 66 inches
BF:Why yes/it/is !!!
Progress: 60%

hi everyone. I'm from TO and look forward to hearing from everyone in Ontario.

Maybe you ladies could give me your sources for all your LC supplies? Most times i have trouble finding stuff. TO is really huge confusing place to hunt down LC stuff...

If you have great online sources or other sources let me please

thanks