Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Tue, Dec-13-05, 15:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/135/140 Female 5ft 9in
BF:
Progress: 113%

Hello everyone,

Kristine welcome back to posting here, we missed you. Hope you had a good kitchen day. I enjoyed reading your journal. I enjoy cooking but I am not a baker. I love curry.

Hi Donna,
I think we are ok to write what we do here. I belive that you started this post so that we could get to know other LC girls in Ontario. I have really enjoyed getting to know you.
I am hoping to get to know Kristine,as we both live in southern Ontario. I hope that all the girls who post here and or live in Ontario will be able to get together some day in the near future, to celebrate this new way of life.
Being on a LC has really change my life, I feel much better daily, things about me remain the same but I am not freaking out like I did before.

Keep posting and reading.
Warmest Regards,
Joy
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Wed, Dec-14-05, 09:52

Stats: 173/159/120 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default Good Morning

Hi everyone.

I cheated last night. It was a planned cheat but the consequences were bizarre. I had chinese food last night. Some BBQ Pork ribs which were on the sweet side and some S&S sauce on chicken balls and breaded pork. And one spring roll. The results were some really disturbing dreams. I won't say that it was a mistake and the dreams weren't bad enough that I wouldn't do it again but the food wasn't delicious enough to want to doit again any time soon. Does that make sense?

Anyway, I have to tackle a pile of laundry today as well as vacuum the house. It seems as if I am always vacuuming. Kids and pets make too much $#^%#$% mess. If the kids really get me miffed today I am going to take them for their flu shots.

Well, have a great day everyone.

Cindy
  #63   ^
Old Thu, Dec-15-05, 04:44

BF:

Good Morning Everyone,

Hope all is well, I have been busy with the kids school this week, very little free time. Things are good. Keeping on target with my eating. It's difficult when you are so busy. You just want to grab anything on the run.

How are you Donna? Hope things are fine with you.

Hi Cindy. Hope you have a good day. Kiss thoses Babies for me.

Catch you later.
Warmest Regards,
Joy
  #64   ^
Old Thu, Dec-15-05, 08:08
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

Mornin' ladies.

Most of us are going to get dumped on today. I haven't looked out the window yet. I think I'll sip my coffee in denial. It's a good day to stay in if you can. Otherwise, hope everyone has a safe drive.
  #65   ^
Old Thu, Dec-15-05, 08:37

BF:
Default Good Morning

Today is going to be tough. The kids started out of the gate at full blast and won't leave me alone. The new furnace is going in this morning and I am already short-tempered. Someone sent me a chain mail (which I really hate) and now I am annoyed. BTW, the chinese food cheat I did the other night really snapped back at me yesterday. Definitely not worth it. Anyway, last night I made a killer meatloaf and that is what I am eating for breakfast.

Have a great day!

Cindy
  #66   ^
Old Thu, Dec-15-05, 15:01

Plan: Atkins / Curves
Stats: 182.0/182.0/150 Female 5'6"
BF:27.2
Progress: 0%

Take care tonight and tomorrow on the roads, we're getting walluped.

Vikki
  #67   ^
Old Thu, Dec-15-05, 17:37
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

hi everybody

I think I popped in here a few pages ago, but never properly introduced myself . I'm down Kingston-way, in southeastern Ontari-ari-ari-oh.

Hope everyone in the southern parts survives the big dump of snow tonight/tomorrow. It's supposed to hit this end of the province by later tonight, and might even be some freezing rain to make everything all lovely and nice

Hope everyone is staying safe and warm!!!

Doreen
  #68   ^
Old Fri, Dec-16-05, 06:21

BF:

Good Morning Girls,
Waking up to white world, very pretty, it was not as bad as expected so that's a good thing. The school cancelled the kids christmas concert last night. Things are good with my eating. Just can't get off my butt and be more active.
You know at school I ran track and feild, worked at a gym, always loved going to the gym, now I can't find time to do a workout. I am going to start today for sure. Forget housework, I will get to that sometime soon. I took all my workout tapes down stairs yesterday nearer the television and so that a start. If I start slowly at home then by New Year I can go out and join the gym. I think I have such a fear of failer. If I am not the best then I don't want to try. I was always so good and strong and fit.
Any Way that all from me this morning.

Hi Donna.
Missing you. Hope all is Well.
Warmest Regards Everyone.
Joy
  #69   ^
Old Fri, Dec-16-05, 06:56

Stats: 249/166.5/150 Female 5ft5inches
BF:
Progress: 83%

Hello everyone

Been a little busy with the Christmas season and everything. Food plan and Atkins going well. To afraid to cheat I hate not feeling wonderful to me it just is not worth 2 or 3 bites of anything. Ordered salmon yesterday the menu said grilled in butter and lemon. I took one bite and called the waiter over and asked if it had been dusted in flour in told me yes I refused to eat it the grilled vegetables came with it and I could tell they had some kind of sauce turned out to be oyster sauce. So I order salad and wings instead. If I am going to do this I just want to do it especially with going away I am looking forward this year feeling good in my clothes with out them being tight. By the way Cindy I do not have the body of the 51 year old doing bowflex on TV. (Working on it though) Ha Ha
right. Since doing the bowflex I have lost quite a few inches I hate measuring my bra size is down from a D to a C now that is good. I have a book that talks about every kind of excercise and I was always making sure I did my treadmill or should I say more faithful to that then the bowflex but after reading it I decided that if I can only do one I will do the bowflex as it told me that it will sculpted the body and treadmill is more areobic I new that but I am interested in changing my body shape as well so anyway I have talked to much. Hello Joy missed talking to you to. Talk to everyone later Donna
  #70   ^
Old Fri, Dec-16-05, 10:16
Forum Moderator

BF:

Hi folks.

Joy, you mentioned chili for breakfast in my journal. I eat anything for breakfast; even tuna sometimes. Y'know what's really good? Poaching eggs in either chili or plain ol' tomato sauce. I like that for a change when scrambled eggs are getting dull. I like to do them that way if I buy omega-3 eggs. The u3s go rancid if you don't cook them carefully, and the eggs taste like dead fish. :-P

Hmm. I think I might do that this morning. I haven't had eggs all week, and I want to use up the chili.

TGIF!
  #71   ^
Old Fri, Dec-16-05, 10:17

BF:

Quick Good Morning everyone. I am eating some lovely meatloaf as I type. It's making a mess on my keyboard. Busy day today. The house is a mess. Kids are wild. Hubby is home with a cold.

Later my Peeps,
Cindy
  #72   ^
Old Fri, Dec-16-05, 10:19

Plan: Atkins, Zone
Stats: ---/155/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

Hello my little neigbhours...hope your all nice and cozy inside with this snow storm...ive been out 4 times so far just to shovel 3feet wide so i can get to the doors front and back...well its a good exercise for now...hubby can do the rest when he gets back later with the snowblower..hehe...

regarding that bowflex 51yr old...you never see a close up of her exercising on that blowflex...always the side of a face and distance...hmmmmm lol...anyhow hope your all keeping well and if possible, if you dont need to go out DONT! better stay in the house and be safe...

ciao for now
  #73   ^
Old Sat, Dec-17-05, 05:10

BF:

Good Morning Everyone,

Hi Doreen,
Nice to meet you, I have read some of your posting. Hope you come back all the time and be with us Ontario Cuties. We look forward to getting to know you.

Hi Vikki,
Hope the storm was kind to you. I went out last afternoon and built a snow man with my two younger ones. It was hard work. There is lots of snow but it was packed down and frozen. hope to see you posting here also. I hope to get to know you also.

Hope all is well.

Hi Donna,
So happy to see you posting again. Good for you sending back that meal. I would do the same. Many people would just eat the meal because they would be embarrassed to send it back although they are paying for the meal. I am so proud of you to take a stand for yourself and your WOL. I think that weight training is vital to a woman you are doing great. You continue to inspire me to do better my friend.

Hi Kristein
I am with you on the breakfast. I will eat anytype of food at Breakfast. I use to love when we had left over chinesse food and I had that for Breakfast. So now I make a big breakfast. I think it is my largest meal for the day. Always ate Breakfast, Never was one to skip it or any other meal mine you and snack inbetween . Yesterday I made a chicken dish. I seasoned chicken and pan fried it in O. Oil. then I removed the chicken from the pan. Took some of the fat out. (It was just too much) then to the remaining fat I added chopped olives, red onion, garlic, capers and musrooms. The chicken was then returned, added one tablespoon of T.Paste and deglased the pot with some white wine, approx. half a cup. In the past I would have used more wine, I added water, and some lemon juice. I turned the heat down to a simmer. Once the chicken is cooked then I turn up the heat a bit and let the liquid reduce. At the end add approx. two tablespoon of heavy cream.Before serving added some type of grated cheese and chopped pasley . This is served over pasta. I had mine over some S.Squash and Romain Lettuce. Yummy At first I was going to omit the white wine but I thought not to do so.
Yesterday I did work out I did a "Firm" workout tape. I think I managed 25 mins out of the hour. But it felt great to get off my butt. I will work out everyday I can manage from now on. So I felt a Little white wine would not kill me. I did get a bit of a headache last night. So I know it did affect me.
Great news this morning I am down to 151lbs so it broke my stall.
So I am so happy this morning

Hi Cindy.
Hope you are feeling better this morning. Take care of yourself. Will call you later.

Well I don't know what we will be doing this weekend. Just playing outside with the kids, We will be going to a friends home to help her with her Christmas decorations. She lost her husband last year at this time. So this is a very difficult time for her and her three children. They are our really good friend more like family than friends. We all miss him everyday.
Well that is all from me this morning. Come and have coffee with me.
Hope you all enjoy your weekend. I will be around posting and reading and working out.
Warmest Regards,
Joy
  #74   ^
Old Sat, Dec-17-05, 06:20

Stats: 249/166.5/150 Female 5ft5inches
BF:
Progress: 83%

Good Morning All

Joy your recipe sounds good. I am afraid I need to try more things I am really quite a boring cook mostly I cook plain food without sauces. I will have to try to put more effort in to it.
I made Pork Tenderloin last night sprinkled garlic and Mrs Dash on it as well as italian seasoning then I wrappped it in bacon. Oven 375-400 for about an hour it was really good one of my favorites. So nice of you to help out your neighbour it sounds from your postings you have a big heart.

Good morning to you Cindy. Does everyone have colds? I can say I used to have one this time of year. In fact before LC dieting I used to carry Dristian non drowsy with me because my sinus where always bothering me especially if I drank wine. Non that I think about it since this WOL I have not even taken a rolaid or been sick at all. ( Except that sugar withdrawl thing in the beginning) Hope you and the kids have fun today.

Welcome Doreen T I just noticed you where the forum founder sounds like an interesting story tell us about how the forum got started.

Lanny we have alot of snow here our snow banks are about 4 and a half feet. Does not seem to stop. Morgan was up at 6 this morning he blows out a couple of neighbours and the lumber yard lot.

Kristine this chili do you add lima beans or what is in the chili later I will have to look up some low carb chili recipes I have very boring breakfasts.

Talk to everyone later I am going to take my coffee and go and watch Dateline I taped it last night.

Good luck this week on your weight loss goals for the up coming week.

Thank you to everyone this makes low carbing alot more fun when you can share your experinences with everyone and learn from ideas.

Warmest wishes and hugs Donna
  #75   ^
Old Sat, Dec-17-05, 07:41
Forum Moderator

BF:

Hi all.

Joy, that chicken sounds great. I've made chicken cacciatore a few times; that recipe makes me hungry for that again. If the wine was dry, it probably didn't do you much harm. The alcohol cooks out. I'd blame the exercise for the headache!

Hi Donna.
Quote:
Kristine this chili do you add lima beans or what is in the chili later I will have to look up some low carb chili recipes I have very boring breakfasts.

I rarely add beans to my chili. I just use ground meat, onions, bell peppers, canned tomatoes and paste, and lots of mushrooms. Here's the general recipe. The chunky veggies make up for the beans. Saves me carbs and intestinal wind.

Welp... going to have another cuppa cawfee, then I have some shopping to do. I'll probably hit the farmers market on the way home, though the pickin's are pretty slim this time of year.

Last edited by Kristine : Sat, Dec-17-05 at 07:50.