Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Sun, Dec-11-05, 05:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 249/166.5/150 Female 5ft5inches
BF:
Progress: 83%

Good Morning everyone

Hello Joy and Cindy

How is Fred and Rita this morning? Hope you get to cut your tree down today. It is funny you mentioned red wrapping paper because I have a whole roll of it from when my daughter worked at Laura Secord. Sure is fun to have my coffee and look to see if you and Cindy have posted. Well guess I will go now and fix breakfast. Hm! What will I have eggs or eggs. Ha Ha I will check back later. Donna
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sun, Dec-11-05, 06:23

Stats: 178/135/140 Female 5ft 9in
BF:
Progress: 113%

Hi Donna,
I am still on line, my DH is already gone this morning. He left at 5a.m. I am having coffee you now. My young ones Kurt and Kamille are both still asleep. So this is my time.
I have eggs every day for breakfast. Last June we purchase some chickens, we have seven hens and two rosters. Every day we get about five (5) eggs. Thats a good thing since I eat so many eggs and use them in my cooking for the family as well.
Last night I made a chicken curry with coconut. All legal carbsbut heavy on the carbs but so yummy. I think one meal would give you all your daily carbs but my family loves this meal.
I use coconut oil then use curry powder mixed in water fry this up a bit, add the chicken, then add other seasoning and spices, lots of onions, garlic, etc. Then I add flaked coconut which I have soaked in hot water, I also add some tomato sause (we make our own sause there is not added sugars) tomato paste and let it cook, simmining for about 30 mins. Then I add some table or heavy cream and it get really thick.
I make rice for the family, and a salad also.
I eat it over a very small salad. So good. Will cook it for you and Cindy when I come up.
All good stuff.
Any way going to read some more then Iam off.
Hope you enjoy your breakfast.
Catch you later.
Joy
  #48   ^
Old Sun, Dec-11-05, 06:44

BF:

Hello Kurt and Kamille are really nice names. That recipe sounds delicious. Looking forward to trying it. So you live in the country not in town I am guessing if you have chickens we had them once I found it lots of fun to go out and gather them. Talk later bye
  #49   ^
Old Sun, Dec-11-05, 06:53

Stats: 275/159/145 Female 5 feet five inches
BF:
Progress: 89%

Good morning everyone, I am from Thunder Bay so I guess that makes me an Ontario cutie. I have lived here since birth, I don't think I would want to be anywhere else.

Joy, that recipe does sound great, I am going to have to try it.

Hope everyone has a great day.
take care
Astrid
  #50   ^
Old Sun, Dec-11-05, 10:31

Stats: 173/159/120 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 26%

Here I sit having my morning coffee. It's 11:15 but Steve let me sleep in since the kids were up several times last night. It's too bad the kids don't let me sleep in though. Monkeys. I vacuumed the main floor yesterday so I think I will just have a shower and read a bit today. The kids want to play outside so will have to fit that in as well. Steve is repairing some holes in the walls that we had to cut out to redo all the electrical. It's going to take some time but I think I will have the dining room done for Christmas.

I would love to take the drive up to see you Donna. I love that area. I really love camping too. As for the cheescake, it has 8 slices I beleive. It is sooooo delicious. Next time you drive to Mount Forest, you should call us and we can meet you with supplies. My husband works with a fellow from there so I know where it is. I can get bake mixes, pancakes mixes, cookies, candies, salad dressings, jams, condiments and so much more. I got a really great BBQ sauce and teriyake sauce from there. YUM. I should get Christie (the owner) to work out shipping arrangements so she can send stuff out. She often has sales and I buy stuff really cheap.

So that's my word for the day. I hope you get your tree Joy. Is Herb grumpy today? Just lick your finger and stick it in his ear. Makes him laugh every time. Donna, hop in your 5th wheeler and take a joy-ride (no pun intended) down here.

And to everyone else, I hope you start posting here again soon. I am glad I did.

Much love
Cindy
  #51   ^
Old Sun, Dec-11-05, 20:54

Stats: 202/180/130 Female 155 cm
BF:
Progress: 31%

Hi, I am also from the Bruce Peninsula and believe in the Atkin's plan. It is nice to meet everyone. I hope that we can support each other and lose our weight together.
Take care.
  #52   ^
Old Mon, Dec-12-05, 05:05

Stats: 178/135/140 Female 5ft 9in
BF:
Progress: 113%

Good Morning Everyone,

Welcome Astrid and Deamer4lm, wonderful to have you here with us. We will support each other in this great WOL.

Hi Donna and Cindy.
We got our Tree and had lots of fun. My DH decorated the trailer and tractor with bows and lights and we carried his outdoor radio and sang as we drove to the tree lot. Then for the first time in years it only took us about 15min. to find the perfect tree. Last year it took us hours. We then visted with our neighbors and friends, the children played. There was hot dogs, soup, fresh bread and tea and drinks. I had half of a hotdog without the bun and a cup of tea. We stayed for a while. Then we took the tree home, I walked back while the rest of the family rode home. They kept me company so we sang all the way home. So fun and activity.
We came home and then decorated the tree, It's so pretty and fills the house with it's fresh smell. What a great day. Yes I live in the country. We live in the house that Herb my husband and Cindy grew up in. My wee ones attend the school that Herb and Cindy attended. So it great having that history around us.
Now all I have to do is some baking and cooking and shopping.
My plans for today is to clean the bedrooms. Today is my only free day at home. This is a really busy week. The children are busy at school and I help out there alot.
Well I hope that the weekend was good for everyone else.
Take care every one.
Stay strong.
Will catch you later.
Warmest Regards,
Joy
  #53   ^
Old Mon, Dec-12-05, 05:37

BF:

Welcome dreamer4lm

Good morning Joy and Cindy. Dreamer4lm I to hope we can support each other this site is one thing that keeps me going and so strong. I thought I was the only one on the Peninsula on Atkins. Where on the Bruce are you? Joy sounds like you had a wonderful day with the your family. You must enjoy helping at the school I did to when my children where small. Cindy as for me jumping in the 5th wheel and coming down there I could not by myself it is to big. The trailer is 34 ft long and then the length of the truck. I have driven it going down the road Wiarton to Miller Lake no turns on that stretch of the road. I am to concerned about the corners and turns as yet. I am down 3 lbs this morning three and a half since Saturday. Yesterday I did something kind of silly I went to the local restaurant and had a toasted western without the bread. Then came home excercised on the treadmill for 40 min then worked out on the bowflex for 30 min. then I showered and we went to a friends place. She told me how great I looked and what was I doing so I told her and showed her this web site and fit day. I am going to lend her the book to read. The silly thing I did wes my husband and I where having so much fun we did not come home until after 8 pm and I have 4 glasses of white wine. No food of any kind no one did. When I got home it was straight to bed. This morning down 3 lbs probably a lot of that is water loss of something. Any way sure not to healthy. 10 lbs to go at least that is what the doc said I will see when I get there what I want to do. The Mount Forest idea is a good one. Or I could take a girlfriend and drive down to see both of you. Dreamer4lm some day I had hoped to start a low carb support group and meet and share ideas in Lion's Head at one of the restaurants once a week. Talk to everyone soon.

Your friend on the Bruce
  #54   ^
Old Mon, Dec-12-05, 08:51

BF:

Goodmorning all. Welcome Astrid and Dreamer. I am actually having a coffee without the ankle biters climbing on me. One is glued to the tv the other is running around in her diaper eating a banana. Duh me Donna, I was thinking that your 5th wheeler was a Winebego - a party on wheels. Funny thing, I also am a meber of a website that is for Mommies. It has 19 members and we have been chatting this way for 3 years. So it is really exciting to know that this thread has the potential of becoming the same. If we get too congested in this thread, we can easily start our own little site just like this one. JOY (yes I'm yelling) I can't believe you guys had all that fun and didn't call us to come down. Pfffft. I love her like a sister but right now I want to put my sister in a head lock and give her a Noogie. I'd say my nose was out of joint but it really is - seems to be a genetic trait. For Astrid and Dreamer, Joy is married to my brother. Joy lives in Welland and I live in Hamilton. Have I babbled enough yet? We are going to my MIL for lunch then I have a Dr. appointment at 2:15. Bye for now ladies.

Cindy
  #55   ^
Old Mon, Dec-12-05, 11:49

BF:

Hello Cindy how do you go about starting a site like this one? It does seem like maybe people want to hear more about LC then we sometimes talk about. Have you noticed the number of people that has viewed this thread? Talk to everyone later. Hello Astrid and welcome to our thread.
  #56   ^
Old Mon, Dec-12-05, 18:16

BF:

It's done through proboards. We can have different forum and even post pictures. We would each sign in thereby keeping it private.
  #57   ^
Old Tue, Dec-13-05, 06:58

BF:
Thumbs up

Good Morning everyone

Cindy and Joy how do you send a priviate message I will send my emaill address to you. Donna : :
  #58   ^
Old Tue, Dec-13-05, 07:25

BF:

Good Morning

Hi Donna. Just Click on my name at the top of my post and it will show you option of what to do with me. One of them is to send me a private message. I just received the funniest email from a friend and I would love to send it to you.

So I am sitting here having my coffee. Reta is still sleeping. Fred is watching Dora and eating his oatmeal. Was watching Dora - tormenting the cat now.

I ate like a pig yesterday. I really have to read up on OWL again. I know I am supposed to be adding carbs in the form of vegetables but I'm pretty sure whole wheat crackers are a no-no. I ate two tiny ones. Then I bought a whack of Maltitol candy from Wal-Mart. Russel Stover makes such yummy chocolates. I ate enough just to cause a bit of gas (take that, honey). Actually yesterday was a good day. The day before I ate non-stop. I get my days screwed up.

So Donna, are you that bow-flexing Grandmother in the commercials? The one with the body of the 20 year old? If so, I have to hate you. I thought we should clear that up right now. I don't do any exercising right now and I really should. I have put feelers out for an stationary bike. I can always run up and down our stairs but I am really lazy.

I'm hoping we hear more from Astrid, Dreamer and PB. I'd like to "get to know" them as well. It's amazing how friendships can form even via internet. If we start a related site, you can actually post threads directed at a particular person to get their attention and such.

Well, I'm off this morning to see a man about a piano. Have a great day everyone!!!!!

Hugs,
Cindy
  #59   ^
Old Tue, Dec-13-05, 08:41
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hey ladies. (I think we're all ladies...) Joy, thanks for checking up on me. Coconut curry is one of my favorite meals, too. I do it with a can of coconut milk. Coconut oil if I have it, but it's not necessary. Add your veggies and curry, and just let it simmer down for 20 min or so until it's nice and thick. Yum!

Nice to see some folks from up North.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredsMom
We can have different forum and even post pictures.

Cindy, you do know you can post them here, too, right? You can (a) post to your own page in the gallery, and then you'll get a icon on your posts; (b) hot-link to a webpage or the gallery, like I did for that "gallery" icon; or (c) you can attach it to your post. Like this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg catdog.jpg (10.8 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Kristine : Tue, Dec-13-05 at 08:48.
  #60   ^
Old Tue, Dec-13-05, 08:49
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

...anyway, my coffee is empty. Need refill.

I think I'm going to have a "kitchen duty" day today. It's time to boil down my veggie scraps for stock, and I've got 2 lbs of ground beef do deal with. I think I'll do a pot of chili and four burgers.

Have a good one.