Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Nov-29-05, 07:10

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 155/115/120 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 114%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2donnalee
Anyway sorry I got so long winded but no one around here understands LC dieting or wants to so I am on my own.

I know how you feel. Even after my boyfriend and family have seen the results they still get this glazed over look in their eye whenever I try to talk about it. My boyfriend is very unhealthy, needs to lose a fair bit of weight and see a doctor (hasn't been for a physical in years) I never push him but I honestly thought when he saw the difference in me he would want to get himself feeling great too. Anyway, I know I don't post much but I am grateful to have a place to come to so I don't feel so alone. Thanks ladies!

Mel
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Nov-29-05, 07:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/219/170 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 39%
Default I'm here!

I'm Caroline from London. I've maintained a 60lb. loss for almost 2 years low carbing. I need to knuckle down and lose the last of it. I'm a quantity eater, so I need to cut down on portion sizes to see any real success. I love low carbing, you couldn't pay me to eat low fat ever again.
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Nov-30-05, 18:08

Stats: 249/166.5/150 Female 5ft5inches
BF:
Progress: 83%

Where is everybody and how are you doing this week? Donna
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Dec-01-05, 05:49

Stats: 178/135/140 Female 5ft 9in
BF:
Progress: 113%

Hi everyone,
I guess we are all going into a very busy time. I will be here right through the hoildays because coming here keeps me on track.
Hope everyone is having a good day.
Warmest Regards,
Joy
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Dec-01-05, 06:44

Stats: 258.5/177/158.5 Female 66 inches
BF:really fat
Progress: 82%

Hey guys

This is a busy time for me, I'm getting ready to leave for Florida on Saturday. I just about at the point now of saying if it is not done it isn't getting done! This will be the first time I have been away for Christmas. It has always been a dream of ours to have Christmas somewhere warm but I am already exhausted trying to organize all the flights for the kids, all 3 of them with different availablity and of course trying to think of everything else that has to be taking care of. We should have done this 4 or 5 years ago when they were all in school, now that they have started their lives it is getting harder to get everyone together.

I will be around because I can't live without this board, it keeps me honest and gives me the willpower to keep going. I am a little worried about the drive down food wise but I will just have to be really carefull where we eat and what I eat. No snacking on chips and candy in the car, but I am determined not to screw it up at this point.

Hope everyone is well. I'll talk to you all soon.

Cheers
Heather
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Dec-01-05, 09:09
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Heather, it'll be worth it - once you're there, you'll be able to relax and have a ball. My parents, my brother and myself, plus our SOs, spent Christmas and New Years in Jamaica two years ago. It was awesome!

Joy, I have the same problem with asthma. If I have to walk somewhere in the cold, I've got a scarf wrapped around my face to keep the cold air out of my lungs. I don't "do" gyms myself; I don't care for them. I'm too much of a homebody. So I have light equipment here plus a decent yoga book, and that's my fitness plan!

Hope everyone's doing well.
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Dec-01-05, 12:30

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 225/208.6/140 Female 5'2"
BF:Really/effing/high
Progress: 19%

I don't even have asthma (that I know of) but I can't run or walk fast in the cold or I start wheezing and will continue wheezing for a while afterwards.
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Dec-01-05, 12:58
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

You can have what's termed "reactive airways" that's unrelated to asthma. As the name implies, your airway reacts to the environment, especially cold/dry air, but also dust or chemicals .. I know I get similarly wheezy walking down the laundry soap & cleaning products aisle at the supermarket

Doreen
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Dec-01-05, 17:44

Plan: WW
Stats: 155/151/130 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 16%

Hey everyone

I'm down in Windsor, ON and I have been on Atkins since Aug/05. Fell off the wagon 1 or 2x but never gave up. Got back on the Atkins horse and haven't looked back...GIDDY UP!

Vanya
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Dec-01-05, 18:48

BF:

Just checking in to see what everyone is up to. Went Christmas shopping to day. Stopped at Wendys and had a triple burger with cheese no bun on a lettuce wrap. Next time I would just have a double it was really big. I did not need it all so I threw some out. Heeze45 have a great time in Florida. We leave for Arizona, and California for the winter with our truck and 5th wheel trailer in January. To busy with Christmas to plan that yet. Talk later Donna
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Dec-02-05, 04:10

BF:

Good Morning Everyone,

I see that everyone is doing well.

Hi Hezzie45 you will have a great warm christmas, I grew up in Trinidad were our Christmas was always 90 degree Temp. and we sprayed snow on our Windows and Christmas tree out of a can . We sang songs like" Dreaming of a White christmas" and "Dashing through the snow" etc, without a drop of snow.

Hi Kristine,
Boy asthma, a daily task, it has gotten worst over the past four years, hoping with this new way of life that it will improve. I like the gym once I join up, but just don't have the motivation to do so as yet. Have to get to it, I find that when I am active, once I take my meds. my asthma improves, I started taking more vitmins, also with this WOL I don't drink milk, I have cut cheese etc. Hoping to really see an improvement.

Well everyone stay strong today. Have a great day everyone. I love getting up in the morning with my coffee and reading your posting. Thank you.
Warmest Regards,
Joy
  #27   ^
Old Fri, Dec-02-05, 06:36

BF:

Good morning Joy

I to enjoy checking in with my coffee every morning. I am actually disappointed when I check and how one has posted yet. Right now I am 10 pounds heavier than you I am going to try to catch up to you. I wish everyone a great LC day.
Merry Christmas
  #28   ^
Old Fri, Dec-02-05, 09:53

Stats: 173/159/120 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default This thread is hopping

I have missed so much. But it is hard to get even a few minutes when kids are running arund with snotty noses or poopy diapers (as we speak my 2 yo is standing behind me telling me she is pooping) SIGH. And now my 3 yo has just climbed behind me on the chair.

So anyway, it sounds like everyone is doing great. I have been stalling for a bit but I have also be indulging in extra olives and Slim fast low carb bars. I also need to drink more water.

BTW, Joy is supposed to go down to Trini for a visit to see her family but she keeps procrastinating. Perhaps she needs some help in making the decision.

Well, gotta go change a stinky bum.

Love to all,
Cindy
  #29   ^
Old Sat, Dec-03-05, 05:59

BF:

Hi Everyone,
Having my coffee with you again, everyone is still alseep and so for me it's my best quiet time to catch up before the start of the day.
My DSIL is not be well today and I want to wish her better health and to let her know I love her very much inspite of her above posting and personal dig....regarding me going home to Trinidad. Love you Cindy.
Hope everyone is doing Well.
Have a good day. Keep posting Keep reading although you are busy.
Warmest Regards,
Joy.
  #30   ^
Old Sat, Dec-03-05, 08:25
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi folks. Happy weekend!

Vanya, I lived in Windsor for eight years. I loved it. I like the climate.