Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Turtle Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-02, 14:40
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195/195/135
BF:
Progress: 0%
Smile

Thank you. I was going to indulge tomorrow as well because of it being VD but I want to save for my birthday. No luck yet in the pregnancy but I do hope soon because I would like to have twinkies. mmmmmm twinkies

Pearl
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Feb-14-02, 08:54

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 260/260/155 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

I guess I am planning a stall also, because this morning I had a real bagel, a small piece of German Applecake and three chocolate covered macadamia nuts (staff meeting). And this weekend I am going out for Sushi in Stuttgart. I love sushi and haven't had any since I was back in the States in September. My daughter said she found a good sushi restaurant in Stuttgart and I am all excited about having some while I am down there this weekend. It is like the treat of the century for me. So I will just plan on not losing for a couple of weeks until this stuff wears off. Otherwise, I am being pretty good.

I do notice that after having the carbs this morning, I am craving them this afternoon and it is taking all my will power to resist!

Will go buy something really meaty for dinner and cook it in butter!

Susan
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Feb-16-02, 16:03
Registered Member

Stats: 213/204/165 Male 179 cm
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default I guess we just hit it right...

I was figuring this a long time ago before I read it here...

We were all consuming lots of carbs before we started LC and as suddenly after 3 days of beginning LC we lost many many pounds until it comes to a halt, maybe then eating some more carbs for a day or two so the body resets itself and after that going back to LC to restart the losing process... I dont know but maybe this could be a way to break through plateaus.

One word of advice keep your carb days to only 1 or 2 for every 2 or 3 week period, or else you will be having them everyday.

So after stalling this week I went kinda loose on the chocolates, cookies and candies this Valentines Day. (heck I could not reject them to avoid offending people). The day after I ate them my ketosis went to zero as stated by my ketostix.

So today saturday I am back into my LC WOE and I hope that by tuesday I start losing again, I am not planning on carbing up any day now, it just was an occasion that lend itself to carbing up.

And if it breaks the plateau, then I found my personal key! hehe! meanwhile I am drinking water like crazy and taking my ripped fuels.

See you later!
Antonio
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Feb-16-02, 20:14

Stats: 276/258/170
BF:
Progress: 17%

This thread is interesting - I've had the same experience and thought it was an anomaly. I would be very strict LC for several weeks with nothing happening then have a hamburger or some pizza and lose weight the next day. I'm glad to hear of others experiencing it too - maybe it is another tool that we can use.

Forlil
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Feb-16-02, 21:36
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 161/151/130
BF:
Progress: 32%

Hey, what happened to us all this past week? This is the first that we have cheated, and we did it all in one week. I was very good for Valentines Day, and although the 11th was my birthday, the girls at work made me a low-carb cake---they even had to admit that is was pretty tasty. But, by friday, I was either feeling sorry for myself with the whole b'day and V'day sacrifice, that I fell off with homemade pizza(I make the best!) and a piece of my son's b'day cake--all within 12 hours! And I felt it right away--the rest of the day, I went from heartburn to cravings, so I am now drowning myself in water to cleanse all this good poison out of me!!!
Pearl, I will plan my next cheat with a twinkie when you have one, k? Good luck surviving your b'day. I was surprised how well I did.
Susan, don't feel too guilty about the Sushi---especially since you can't get it too often. Just make up for it after!! Hey, it may even be a good stall-buster to add to our list!!
Forlil and Tonytiger, thanks for the posts. It's so great that we can all support each other, especially with similar successes.

Jonee
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-02, 15:44

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 245/195/130
BF:
Progress: 43%

I guess I have the opposite reaction.
Every time I add carbs (and usually this is not a planned carb-up, more like an indulgence of sime kind), I GAIN weight. (but it is mostly water)

I wish it was that easy for me.
But those extra carbs are usually sugar or cookies, and I know I'd better stay away from those!
I found a way last summer that finally got the scale moving. I'll post it in another thread.

Lulu