Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Tue, Nov-08-05, 19:39
Water-Ski Chic :-)

Plan: Healthy LC :-)
Stats: 149/132.5/141 Female 65
BF:20/14.5/15
Progress: 206%
Talking

Erika, it worked! I know that is one of the cool things that good ole' Dawn kept as part of all these challenges "The Before and After Pictures"...... It IS soooo cool to see the progess made at the end of the challenge

Michelle, You rock you got everyone in your post

Donna, Darn you for beating me in there.... It nearly scared me away Just kidding.....
Well they let me go home at 4 today and I don't have to go back until 6:30 (I will still get off between 10 and 10:30 ) So I put my mind to it and dressed down as soon as I got home and went on a walk.... No running just a walk and logged in 37 minutes and know I am frozen... I think I HAVE to take a hot tub then shower before I go back to work
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Tue, Nov-08-05, 22:33

Plan: Restarted LCHF 1/22/17
Stats: 288.8/160.2/135 Female 5' 1.5"
BF:66.1%/33.5%/24%
Progress: 84%

MePlus - thank you. I've worked hard to lose, now i'm wroking even harder to maintain! LOL. Our wedding in in April. You are looking GREAT in your pics! Great progress!

Dawn - thank you. I feel great as well. Now, if i could just maintaine here i'd be all set. I'm having an issue wiht that. LOL. The new job is NOT helping my diet! LOL. My weight average was up last week, from water weight, but it was back to 122 the past few days. I'm sure after todays bad choices though it will be WAY up again! I however do weigh every day, good or bad. LOL

Michelle - I HATE the dentist. I don't mind needles, but i have to basically be knocked out for anythign involving the dentist. I have a Rx for sedatives to take before cleanings and stuff, then i have to have someone drive me and all. For any major work, they knock me out completely. I"m terrified! LOL

Donna - i'm jealous! I wanna go see Bon Jovi!

Urgh! You are all doing so well with all your exercise and everything and I can't find time to work out at all! I also already blew my first goal. I cheated today. I forgot to take my vitamins and l-carnitine and l-glutamine this morning, and that left me with no willpower. My new job buys lunch every day, and today was chinese food. not a problem, i wanted egg foo young, specifically with no flour or cornstarch or sugar or anything. NO problem they todl me. That was fine, but they sent me the platter instead of JUST the egg foo young! With my lack of willpower for cravings without my vitamins, i ate my egg roll, my fried rice AND my egg foo young AND my fortune cookie!

That did only leave me with 65g carbs for the day (i was good the rest of the day) though, and I DO need to up my carbs, but that was NOT the way to do it! LOL. I need to up my good carbs, not my bad ones! LOL. Oh well. I blew the challenge already. You guys oughtta just kick my butt to the curb. I am not managing to meet any of my goals. I only got in 40 oz of water today, and only 34 yesterday (though that is better than i was doing! At target i had to wrok 8 hours with only trips to the water fountain as we weren't allowed to keep a drink in the Deli!)
  #78   ^
Old Wed, Nov-09-05, 00:02

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 255/250/175 Female 65.5"
BF:Size 22/16-18/10
Progress: 6%

Hey everyone! Just checkin' in! I drank 86 oz of water today, woohooo! and went to the gym for lower body work and cardio.
Here is my pic...ugh, it's awful! I had just got back from the gym so my hair is a mess and I'm just generally yucky. It's not the best quality either as my daughter took it with my cell phone. But it will have to do for now.

#79   ^
Old Wed, Nov-09-05, 05:45

Plan: General
Stats: 170.6/170.6/130 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 0%

31 days cheat free

weight=142

Hoping to see 141 soon.....

I think its great that everyone's finally getting their pictures up, I do think they are a great motivator I mean who wants to see the same ol same at the end of 05? I sure DONT!!!

Michelle-You are doing GREAT with your exercise, I stopped working with weights until I have lost a few more pounds because I wasnt losing, I know it was muscle and everything, BUT I would rather lose the pounds then tone up!

PurpleJane- You are doing wonderfully, congrats on the 3 pound loss!!!!! YAY I know what you mean by the 1 LB, I am 1 away from 20 pounds lost!! and it sure is a great feeling

bsheets- You are right it WILL change!!! Day by Day girl thats the only way to do it

Kim- enjoy the hot tub, I cant wait to get home in May and enjoy mine

Sue- You are more than welcome you have earned it! you look great. The difference between your before and after pics is just amazing.

Donna- What Sue said.....lol I am so jealouos too

Pink- I think it looks great! Looks like you are doign great with your water and keeping up with your excercise.

redefine- Are we posting our weight on a certain day? Havent seen you in here since Moday, I sure hope all is well.....Sending ((((good vibes))) your way!!

Akasha- Havent seen you either....Sending ((((good vibes))) your way too!!

OK, I am excited to see what everyones pics look like after we are done with this particular challenge....I want to challenge you ALL to give it your BEST effort until then....Really try and dont just "give in" I think it is really important to do during this time with the holidays coming up. There are SO many things you could eat on both major holidays and still stay within your limits.......Just think on it ladies...I myself will NOT be allowing myself a cheat on T-Day.....that give me about a month and a half to see where I can be by then.....I would love for you guys to be with me

Dont agree if you know you wont stick to it..ok
Any Takers?

K
  #80   ^
Old Wed, Nov-09-05, 06:37
Stay in the ZONE!!

Plan: atkins/mine
Stats: 253.5/253.5/200 Female 5'2"
BF:Losing It!

Oh my, I beat Kim in here again. Things are good here and I will get my picture posted this weekend and my goals. I love seeing all these pictures.

Only 3 days until Bon Jovi-can't wait!

Happy Hump Day everyone!
  #81   ^
Old Wed, Nov-09-05, 06:40

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by golflady
Only 3 days until Bon Jovi-can't wait!

Hope you take some pictures
  #82   ^
Old Wed, Nov-09-05, 09:13

Talking

Oh Shoot you did beat me again Donna... Now I want to know your exercise for the day... OK that means I too have to do something Ahhh I am late for getting ready for work.... I could stay home everyday and stay on this forum all day

Have a great Wednesday everyone Kim
  #83   ^
Old Wed, Nov-09-05, 10:46

Plan: LC/hypoglycemic friendly
Stats: 204/207/140 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:?
Progress: -5%

Oh my gosh! I was gone one day and you all talk my computer blue. COOL! I would like to reply to each of you but I don't have time right now. I do have to say there is no butt kicking, no curb sitters, and there is still time to meet goals even if they aren't right on time. You ALL are doing soooooo well, and there is such great conversation going on. I love coming in here!

My son was sick yesterday and I spent the day going back and foreth to the dr. and picking up my other 2 children from school and taking them there (both have a differant schedule due to age differance, etc.). I think I was busier than days I work.

School is going VERY well thanks for asking. Midterms are over and I only have 2 quarters to go to graduate. I love the time with the other students, the subject matter, and the opportunities it will afford me when I am done.

Weigh in: Whenever you want to. Update the list as you wish. I personally will do so every Tuesday since that was the first day of the challenge and I weigh every day because it keeps me focused to start my day with my goals in mind.
  #84   ^
Old Wed, Nov-09-05, 10:47

My Tuesday update... a little late. Hope I found the latest greatest list to post.

"Da List"
Akasha: 138
Daisy-Duke:143
golflady59: 190
Lonewolf: 122
Meplus1: 143
redefine: 138/132
rodmick: 160
pinkclouds: 214
PurpleJane: 191
  #85   ^
Old Wed, Nov-09-05, 10:52

Yesterdays food was a little sketchy and too salty due to all the running around I did!

Tuesday

scrambled eggs w/ cheese
salted nuts
2 diet sodas (no caffeine! )
3 spoonfuls LC frozen yogurt

2 32ounce glasses water
no exercise (school night)

Today I hope to do good flushing the salt out of my system because the scale was up to 135 this AM. I know I didn't gain those pounds overnight so will hope it's water weight. The scale had creeped slowly down over the course of the first week of the challenge which was probably due to going back to induction level eating, no cheats, etc. And this was the first fluctuation, and my first use of salty nuts in awhile. It'll all work out I'm sure.

Talk to you all tonight!
  #86   ^
Old Wed, Nov-09-05, 17:22
Stay in the ZONE!!

Plan: atkins/mine
Stats: 253.5/253.5/200 Female 5'2"
BF:Losing It!

Way to go Dawn on the loss. That is awesome.

Ok Kim, when I post tomorrow before you I will tell you my exercise for the day!

About the Bon Jovi pictures-I heard we can't take cameras into the concert, guess I will just have to drool all over myself instead!
  #87   ^
Old Wed, Nov-09-05, 18:42

Talking

Hey Donna, You are so awesome and a HUGE motivator.... As i sit hear typing, I just came home from work and DH REALLY wants a hair cut before we go out to dinner with our friends and then he told me we were invited to a promotion party at a bar afterwards.... Jeesh, what a packed schedule huh... I may have to go back to morning workouts at the gym??? That sounds like it just might be a great idea.....
  #88   ^
Old Wed, Nov-09-05, 21:57

Plan: Restarted LCHF 1/22/17
Stats: 288.8/160.2/135 Female 5' 1.5"
BF:66.1%/33.5%/24%
Progress: 84%

Damn, Dawn, great job on the 6 lbs loss in one week! You GO girlfriend!

I was so surpised this morning after all that chinese food i ate yesterday that i had NOT gained any water weight or anything. I am still holding at 122-123, depending on the day. LOL.

I made some yummy oven fried chicken tonight. I wanted chicken wings so bad. But then i wasn't in the mood to deal with wing sauce and all, so we ate them plain, but they were GOOOOD! you dip 'em in melted butter, then in a mix of parmesan cheese, oregano, paprika, pepper and parsley flakes. Bake 'em for a while and voila! Wings! Nice and crispy, albeit messy on the pan! LOL. There's more details in my journal if anyone wants to try, or i can send the basic recipe if you email me (it's out of a Dana Carpender book though, so i dont' wnat to post it cuz of copyright stuff).

That makes 2 new recipes tried this week! I'm on a roll! At least i am meeting ONE goal so far! LOL
  #89   ^
Old Wed, Nov-09-05, 22:02

Plan: ?????
Stats: 239.9/196/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 46%

WOO HOO!!! Look at all the positive stuff going on in here!

I'm just doing a quick copy and paste as I'm tired! Have a great night everyone!

How nice! Our friends that were moving back to WI arrived last night! They drove down with the new baby. AWWWW so sweet and cuddly!!!!!I was bummed we had to cut the visit to only an hour. We had parent teacher conferences for the older Ds.
He was doing quite well btw! I guess the new charter school is a God send!

I got really really cranky with Dh over something piddly. He mentioned it and I checked the calender and amazing............. again he is right. Tom due in a tad over a week. Gee!

Todays eats!!

8am
3 med eggs
slice ham
cheese stick

2pm
pumkin bowl muffin with 2 oz cream cheese(2 eggs in bowl muffin)

8pm
1/2 an apple with p butter

Water~ don't ask!!!!!!!!!
  #90   ^
Old Wed, Nov-09-05, 23:44

BF:

32 days cheat free

weight=141

WOOHOO.......Today marks my 20 POUNDS LOST DAY