Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#91   ^
Old Sat, Nov-19-05, 18:03

Plan: Nothing Specific Now
Stats: 194.5/191/165 Female 5ft 6in
BF:33.8%/31.1%/25%
Progress: 12%

Lori- 3 lbs is GREAT!!
Congrats on your upcoming 8 yrs - that's a long time.
I think that's cool you make your Christmas gifts That makes them much more special. I love Christmas it's my favorite Holiday, always has been. All the family gets together and we have a great time. DH proposed to me on Christmas morning which makes it that much more special.

Well gotta run, my little sis & her husband are coming in from Germany for Thanksgiving and she'll be staying at my house that weekend so I'm trying to get everything all cleaned up and just perfect. DH & I just bought our first house this spring and she hasnt seen it yet.

Hope everyone is having a fun weekend...
Oh, the scale read 186 this morning!!! Lowest it's been so far
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Mon, Nov-21-05, 19:27
feels like today

Plan: Atkins - Induction
Stats: 203.5/187.5/145 Female 5ft. 1in.
BF:
Progress: 27%

Hey girls!! I hope you all had a great weekend. I went and saw "Walk the Line" this weekend...it was really, really good!

Lori-congrats on 3 pounds!! I wish my scale would move that much! I completely agree with you about family becoming too materialistic. It is ridiculous seeing grown adults sulk and pout over Christmas gifts (that is totally the way things go too). And just the fact that I let myself get so stressed about it all...I should just get them all COAL! Haha.

Molly-welcome back! And congrats on the new all time low! I had mine as well last week....it feels great.

Talk to you all later!
  #93   ^
Old Mon, Nov-21-05, 23:07

Katie- I am so jealous.....I really, really wanna see that movie! DH and I NEVER go to the theater, we prefer to watch them at home but we may break down and go see this one. I dont think I can wait till it comes to DVD. I just love Johnny Cash!
  #94   ^
Old Tue, Nov-22-05, 12:08

Plan: atkins with a few twists
Stats: 212/185/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 44%

Okay Girls get ready for a looong post from me (my boss is out of the office today and i have to tell you about my weekend which was tres eventful!!!).

On Saturday, I called one of my guy friends from high school who i hadn't seen in about a year, but it was his birthday and i knew he and all the guys from our class (cause they are all still best friends, even 5 years later!) would be going out and celebrating. Back in high school I was the one girl who was friends with all the guys (and i should mention that they were all HOT). I was a bit chubby and not particulary cute and was always seen as the "friend" even though I had a crush on each one of them at some point.

So Saturday afternoon I called they guy up and found out the plans and then got to work on getting ready.....an hour long bath/shower, self tanner, hair, makeup, nails...girls you know how it is...the whole nine yards. I quickly had a drink for a little bit of liquid strength (!) and went to meet up with them. Obviously I arrived a little bit late in order to make an entrance and girls, their jaws DROPPED. Each and every one of the guys (and there were 14 of them) made some sort of a comment ("Looking good sarah!" as another guy pipes up "as always!" etc....it was really funny to watch their perceptions change ie "this is not sarah the friend but sarah a CHICK!) Re-reading this i realize that i sound kind of lame and like i have a massive ego, but you have to understand that in high school, even though they were my friends, because i was the only girl, i was an easy target for non-stop teasing, and often about my body and looks (i had big boobs which they liked to make fun of then but hahahah not any more!) and my self confidence suffered for years, up until now basically as a result.

Anyways we went clubbing and i danced with all of them and then at the end of the night i was going to walk home since i live downtown, a block away from the club. However one of the hottest guys INSISTED on walking me home even though it was definately unneccessary and he missed all the other guys in a cab home. so we walked and talked for about half an hour once we got outside my building and he gave me his number and HAD to give me a hug good night!! So that was flattering but more amusing than anything.

Sunday night my friend geoff and i went over to our mutal friends' house to watch arrested development on dvd (great show!!) and one of the guys was a fling that i had in university. anyways i go sit on a couch and he comes and insists on sitting next to me and offers me some of his blanket (!) He got up a few times during the shows (phone, get more wine, light candles) and each time he sits down he sits closer and closer....until by the end he was definately right up against me. nothing happened obviously since my best friend who is a guy was on the next couch over and I am not even interested anymore. its just funny how guys work.

my point in telling all these stories is that i wanted to hear if you guys have had any similar situations.....moments when you are like "i look good, more importantly i FEEL good, and people are picking up on it". because i don't even think my weight/looks have changed THAT much its just that low carb has made me feel like a million bucks and that is obviously radiating out to people....have you girls found the same thing? i know a lot of you are married but any stories about bumping into an ex-boyfriend looking fabulous or something!??!

anyways after partying so much on the weekend (clubbing on friday and sat and then the wine on Sunday!) i went "on strike" last night and holled up in my apartment and cooked tons of meat for lunchs/dinners this week! I took the weekend off from my 20 min runs but got back on the treadmill last night and two HOT guys came to the gym...hope to see them again soon!!

k sorry this was so long.....just had to give you guys the update!

xoxoxo sarah
  #95   ^
Old Tue, Nov-22-05, 14:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 136/129/118 Female 5 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 39%

Sarah, you my darling are a diva! Wow, I felt your excitement in your story and I even pictured you walking in and all those jaws dropping. I felt that way before, but it was the first time around that I did Atkins.

I was always part of the "It" crowd, invited everywhere, seen everywhere in high school. I had a tight little body, and an ass to die for. I was dating Leelan (my current beau of 8yrs) who happened to be the part of the same crowd, and he played hockey and football...so all the girls wanted him. My OAC year I had a blow-up with all of my best friends, there were 5 of us. To make a long story short, they all tried (at the same time) to gang bang by Boyfriend at a cottage party while he was passed out. That was probably the start of my massive weight gain (40 lbs-my highest was 146 lbs). On top of frequent emotional eating and partying hard in college (the first time around) I pretty much maintained my heavy set. I wasn't upset at my weight at the time, because my BF is very supportive and I had great, true friends. It was when I was hairstyling in an upper end urban salon. My clients were so glamorous and they always seemed like they had "it." They were beautiful, flawless and petite. So I was reminded of how awesome it felt when I was petite and then started binge dieting.

This was 5 years ago, I tried the cabbage soup diet, slim fast, diet pills. I started Atkins unofficially 3 years ago...it was a stop and go process. But summer of 2004 I did Atkins in a fierce way and got to 110lbs-very nice on me. I clearly remember 2 occasions. One was at a club and a group of hot guys were all giving my BF props for having such a gorgeous girl, and the other time was when my brother in law (Lee's older brother-I consider him fam) told a girl who was hitting on my BF that "You're not in his league, have you seen his girlfriend?" That was when I knew I had "IT". So I don't feel conceited in anyway when I say that, because I was so happy that summer. I looked great, felt great and it showed. I think because I felt so good about myself, it did something to my relationship.

My goal is get into tight white leather flares for next summer. I rationalize that you have to be pretty petite to pull of leather pants because leather is thick that it makes you look bigger than you are. Plus these particular pair are from Bebe and make my ass look great.
  #96   ^
Old Tue, Nov-22-05, 14:37

Wow Sarah, I think that's great you are feeling like such a hottie! (which indeed you are ). I bet it felt so good to actually be looked at in that way rather than just Sarah the buddy. You might not think you look that much different but I bet you really do. I think it's hard to notice the small differences ourselves but seems like everyone else notices.
My husband cant keep his hands off me (I'm not complaining either). I look in the mirror and don't really see it, but he can totally see it and feel it. He tells me like every single day how sexy I am and how he just loves me and wants to be all over me. He was never not affectionate before but now he just shows it ALL the time, like 50 times more than before. I love it! It makes me feel so good and makes me feel like a hottie - which is a new feeling for me
We went out to breakfast the other morning with his brother and sister and when we walked in one of our good buddies was at a booth with his kids and he was all smiling at us then looked right past me and said hi to J and his bro and sis and ignored me! Then when I started saying hi to him too, he was all "whoa - I didnt even know that was you Molly". That's all he said and we chuckled. I thought it was funny he didnt recognize me - I've been friends with him and his wife for years and we just BBQ'd with them a couple of months before.

I bet clubbing and going out is going to be so much more fun for you! Your attitude is great! Have fun & Live it Up - you deserve the spotlight!
  #97   ^
Old Tue, Nov-22-05, 14:52

Stats: 177.5/148/135 Female 5'4"
BF:30.8%/25.2/20%
Progress: 69%

Can I join as well?

My name is Angie and I'm 26. I'm looking to lose about 20-25 lbs. I need some encouragement. I'm losing very slowly.
  #98   ^
Old Tue, Nov-22-05, 15:51

Plan: Organic/Dr. Berg
Stats: 239/201.6/150 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:
Progress: 42%

Welcome Angie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah_82
Obviously I arrived a little bit late in order to make an entrance and girls, their jaws DROPPED. Each and every one of the guys (and there were 14 of them) made some sort of a comment ("Looking good sarah!" as another guy pipes up "as always!" etc....it was really funny to watch their perceptions change ie "this is not sarah the friend but sarah a CHICK!)

YOU ROCK, Sarah CHICK! (And NO, you didn't sound lame, or like you have a super ego)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah_82
its just that low carb has made me feel like a million bucks and that is obviously radiating out to people....have you girls found the same thing?

I don't live in the same town as where I went to school, but this Summer at the fair, I saw a bunch of old co-workers......and they were all pretty shocked....a couple of them didn't even know who I was a first! I'm much more confident and outgoing now, too, so it was like "this is Seanna? Miss quiet in her office Seanna?" We went to a concert that night at the fair too, and when some of them saw me dancing, I could tell by their expression that they couldn't believe what they were seeing. I tell you what though, I would love to back to my old hometown someday and run into some people I went to school with.
  #99   ^
Old Tue, Nov-22-05, 15:53

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyW8
My husband cant keep his hands off me (I'm not complaining either).......but now he just shows it ALL the time, like 50 times more than before. I love it! It makes me feel so good and makes me feel like a hottie - which is a new feeling for me

Thats sweet Molly!!! Get use to that feeling like a hottie!
  #100   ^
Old Tue, Nov-22-05, 16:02
feels like today

BF:

Hey Angie! Of course you can join us...we are crazy though!

Sarah~Congrats!!! It sounds like you had an aweomse weekend making all them guys drool over ya!

Okay, I have a *similar* story. Let me fill you in on some background...my hubby has made a life choice not to drink (ever) and so sometimes it is hard because I want to but I am not going to do it by myself, of course. Well, me and two girls from my work decide to go out a few weeks ago. I never go out with friends...truth be known, I am a full time student, worker, wife, and housekeeper...I do not have a whole lotta friends. We have couple friends that we hang out with all the time but no one that is just MY friend (get it?!) So anyways, we go out to a really upscale restaurant, dress up and we are looking hot...So, we go to the Steakhouse and I get hit at by an older man at the bar (we are talking in his 50's girls) although I am totally flattered he is a pilot and has a wife and 10 (yes, 10) children at home. So after that we go to some bars where my girls are like telling me that guys (our age) are shamelessly chcking me out. And sometimes I even caught em doing it. Again, not to sound concieted but even though I am married, it feels d~mn good to be checked out!! And the best part of it all is that a guy actually bought me a drink. Never has that ever happened but some of the best words I have ever heard is "this is from the guy seated over there" Wow...on cloud nine!! haha!

#101   ^
Old Tue, Nov-22-05, 16:41

Stats: 177.5/148/135 Female 5'4"
BF:30.8%/25.2/20%
Progress: 69%

Hey I have no problem with crazy! I'll fit right in!

Glad to hear you girls are having good experiences with men and old aquaintances. That feels wonderful.

I go to see a local band that plays at our bars all the time. I've been following them for about almost 5 years now. Whenever I walk into the bar the lead singer practically salutes to me. He actually does more than that and I can hear other girls saying... who is she..... So I understand the feeling.
  #102   ^
Old Tue, Nov-22-05, 17:38

Plan: atkins with a few twists
Stats: 212/185/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 44%

Girls, Girls, Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for the compliments and especially thank you for your stories!!!

Lori- I love your story and I especially LOVE the "he's out of your league--have you SEEN his girlfriend?!" comment (which i am imagining being delivered in an attitude filled tone!!). Well I HAVE seen Leelan's girlfriend and she's H-O-T (great new picture!) I think that the magical "IT" factor is confidence and I am so glad that you have decided that you have IT--I agree that you are there! Good luck on your white leather flare mission--do you have them already or have you seen them in bebe and are waiting to buy them? as soon as you fit into them we ALL expect a pic to be posted!

Molly - I love your story because as good as it feels to be looked at and admired by a bunch of guys, I am willing to bet that it feels 100% better to be looked at and admired by the one and only guy you care about, your husband......lucky, lucky girl!

Truckgirl - I feel so happy for you that you have noticed the change in your body/weight AND in your "more confident and outgoing" personality. It looks like you have found not only a way of eating, but you have also found yourself while you were at it and that is way more exciting than being skinny. hey lori, it looks like we have found another one who has "IT" eh?? I think as a reward when you reach your goal (not long now!) you should treat yourself to pampering and then a trip to your hometown to show OFF!!!!!!

Katie- its too bad that you live in Indiana otherwise I would be taking you out to drink & dance EVERY weekend!! That is so HOT that you got not only bought a drink, but had it sent over from a mysterious stranger across the room!! I also love the pilot story....makes me think I should stop clubbing and start hanging out in upscale steak houses--bonus they are Atkins friendly too right!?!?

Angie-you are getting hit on by a "rock star"!!??! hahah oh my!! Thats next on my wish list after the "drink sent over by a mysterious stranger" scenario.

Great stories girls - thanks for sharing!! and here's to many more!

also i posted in my profile a little collage that my friend made for me after our booze-filled trip to seattle two weekends ago......she made it to embarras me so watch out, i am making ridiculous faces in some of them (you can see one that i had to block out--a bit toooooo much drinking and dancing in that particular shot--had a bit of a tara reid moment) anyways its a bit goofy but you girls are sweet so i don't mind embarrassing myself a bit in front of you (check out the "squat" and "Kissy" shots!! i am such a dweeb sometimes)!!

xoxoxo sarah
  #103   ^
Old Tue, Nov-22-05, 17:59
feels like today

BF:

Sarah~I wish I lived near some fun places! Indy can be so boring. That night at the steakhouse was actually a total cheat night for me. I indulged big time and then went out and had martinis laden with sugar! But, the experience was so worth it. We all SO need to meet in Las Vegas...we would have a blast! And your collage is so awesome! You are freakin gorgeous girl!!!
  #104   ^
Old Tue, Nov-22-05, 18:03

Stats: 136/129/118 Female 5 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 39%

Welcome Angie! This place is so shwicked good! I'm having shitz and giggles with the girls, so more the merrier. Indulge us in your finest of drama, and we'll be sure to do the same. Tell us what you we'll, we'll be there for you as long as you do the same. We haven't yet agreed but we're trying to make it to the Vegas meet and greet.

Sarah-Why r u sooo hot! You really need to change your avatar because now you look too different. Your collage is cute, anything but embarassing...

Katie, you are tres mature...I'd really like to go out on a soiree with ya, but we definitely have to daNCE

tRUCKGIRL....YOU HAVE "IT" THAT'S SWEET

aND a rockstar...probably be too dumb founded to react! I think that you are out of my league, ur too good...I'm working on it!
  #105   ^
Old Tue, Nov-22-05, 18:17

BF:

Thanks Sarah, I might have to do that! And you're right, "getting skinny" isn't nearly as exciting as being confident and having the time of your life!
Closed Thread