Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#61   ^
Old Mon, Nov-14-05, 19:56

Plan: atkins with a few twists
Stats: 212/185/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 44%

hey girls!

i had a great time in seattle....didn't cheat (except a bit too much booze--but no carb-illegal snacking after!!) i bought some SF russell stover marshmallow santas and will eat them slooooowly...i know that those treats aren't ideal but when's the last time you guys ate marshmallow?!?! i couldn't pass it up, though i don't want to know how many hidden carbs are in there!!!

going to the gym tonight--i vowed with my roomate to go every day this week so everyone hit the gym!!!

ttyl

sarah
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Tue, Nov-15-05, 01:23

Plan: Organic/Dr. Berg
Stats: 239/201.6/150 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:
Progress: 42%

Kerbear and Sarah, here's to going to the gym faithfully this week.....WA HOO! Are either of you on a specific weight training or cardio plan?
  #63   ^
Old Tue, Nov-15-05, 06:18
feels like today

Plan: Atkins - Induction
Stats: 203.5/187.5/145 Female 5ft. 1in.
BF:
Progress: 27%

Sarah...glad to hear you had a great time in Seattle. Was the weather nice there?

I really need to get to the gym as well. On the plus side, I have lost all of the 4 pounds I gained during my huge blowout cheat from last weekend. Plus, stuck with mainly induction...so that's good news.

Bye for now ladies!!
  #64   ^
Old Tue, Nov-15-05, 07:19

Plan: Semi South Beach
Stats: 167.5/138/130 Female 66.6 inches
BF:
Progress: 79%

I need to exercise too. I hurt my big toe and its been hurting for the last couple days. I'm doing the couch to 5k on coolrunning.com. I'm behind now because of my toe and I'm going on vacation next week. It's a good program if you want to get into running.
  #65   ^
Old Tue, Nov-15-05, 07:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 136/129/118 Female 5 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 39%

Hi Ladies! I'm Lori. I'm 25 years old and I would like to get my ass in gear before all the holidays. I think this is an awesome place and I'm hoping to make some crazy buddies that'll push me to goal. PM me as much as you want or leave a post in my journal and I'll get you back too.
  #66   ^
Old Tue, Nov-15-05, 08:14
feels like today

BF:

Hey Lori! Welcome and we'll help ya get to your goal!! Look at how amazing you have done so far...I read your thread over in the Atkins support...DONT GIVE UP!!! I really don't believe that people have "one golden shot" you can do this!!!
  #67   ^
Old Tue, Nov-15-05, 12:00

Plan: atkins with a few twists
Stats: 212/185/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 44%

Hello girls!

Klc145, thanks for asking...the weather in Seattle was actually pretty brutal (lots of rain) but it doesn't really matter when you spend your time in malls and nightclubs right? and it was nothing worse than in Vancouver...in fact the rain doesn't really bug me at all and i actually start to get a bit antsy when it hasn't rained in a long time!! hahaha...whats the weather like in indiana in general?? i have never been east of alberta!!

truckgirl, i don't follow any specific regimine at all....i just run for 20 mins plus 2 mins of warm up and 2 mins of cool down. i let myself go as fast or, more often, as slow as i want. i find that keeping my workouts short and casual is really crucial to me actually going. even if i don't feel like going, i can almost always talk myself into 20 mins right? but if i was doing an hour workout at the highest intencity, every time i even slightly felt like not going, i would probably end up not doing it at all, you know what i mean? i figure that eventually, i will start running for 20 mins and then just keep going for 25....then 30...then add weight training...etc because the 20 mins will no longer be enough and because i WANT to go longer, not cause my mind is telling me "you better go longer if you want to lose weight".

basically i just have to make it really easy for myself so that i don't mind doing it, plus no excuses (not enough time, too tired etc. who doesn't have enough time and can't muster up the energy to jog at whatever pace they want!?)!

have a great morning!

sarah
  #68   ^
Old Tue, Nov-15-05, 16:05

BF:

Welcome Lori! You're doing awsome, and I'm sure you'll look great for the holidays!
Sarah, yeah I totally see what you are saying! It's better to go to they gym often and just do a little, than to go and work out really hard but not on a consistent basis!
I'm doing the Baby Got Back weight training program, and trying to get in 30 min of cardio 3 X a week.
HAGD Everyone!
  #69   ^
Old Wed, Nov-16-05, 07:31
feels like today

BF:

Sarah...the weather in Indy is bleh right now! Last night, we had horrible thunderstorms with tornados in other counties surrounding the city (where I live). In the summertime, we usually have about 90 degree temps with about 100 percent humidity...it is not fun at all! And during the wintertime, there can be feet of snow on the ground in a day. It is crazy weather! But, I have lived here my whole life and I am pretty used to it now.

Seanna...what in the world is the "Baby Got Back" weight training program? Sounds interesting...

Talk to you ladies later! ~Katie
  #70   ^
Old Wed, Nov-16-05, 15:15

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by klc145
In the summertime, we usually have about 90 degree temps with about 100 percent humidity...it is not fun at all! And during the wintertime, there can be feet of snow on the ground in a day. It is crazy weather!

Oh my gosh! And I complain about rain?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klc145
Seanna...what in the world is the "Baby Got Back" weight training program? Sounds interesting...

Galatia posted it on the first page of my gym log. I started the BGB program on post 36 in my gym log. I'm going on my fourth week of doing BGB and I LOVE it!! I'm building muscle more quickly than I ever have before!
  #71   ^
Old Wed, Nov-16-05, 15:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/145/135 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 88%

It's my TOM and I feel like I gained 20 lbs. Maybe it's because this is the most attention I have paid, but do your clothes actually get tight around the TOM... I never noticed this before.
  #72   ^
Old Wed, Nov-16-05, 16:16
feels like today

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbear
It's my TOM and I feel like I gained 20 lbs. Maybe it's because this is the most attention I have paid, but do your clothes actually get tight around the TOM... I never noticed this before.

Mine always do!! It is mine too so we are going through the same thing. For some reason this month my cramps have been horrible...it really sucks being a girl sometimes, eh?

And yes, it actually snowed here today...flurries, but still. I hate snow!!
  #73   ^
Old Wed, Nov-16-05, 16:18
feels like today

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckgirl
Galatia posted it on the first page of my gym log. I started the BGB program on post 36 in my gym log. I'm going on my fourth week of doing BGB and I LOVE it!! I'm building muscle more quickly than I ever have before!

From what I read in your journal, it is really about your BACK! Not back is in booty..haha! I thought it was like the Sir-Mix-a-Lot song...yeah, nevermind....
  #74   ^
Old Wed, Nov-16-05, 16:18

Plan: Semi South Beach
Stats: 167.5/138/130 Female 66.6 inches
BF:
Progress: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbear

Mine do too. I also bloat when I'm ovulating. TOM is the worst, I feel like my stomach pops out many inches. Don't worry, you are definitely not alone!

Purvi
  #75   ^
Old Wed, Nov-16-05, 19:43
feels like today

BF:

Well girls, it did flurry here today. It has been horribly cold but I am sticking with good foods. No comfort high carb foods for me!! I have found this really good SF chocolate coffee mix by International Delight (I think). Tastes wonderful while my hubby is drinking hot chocolate (which has a grand total of 32 carbs!).

I hope everyone is doing well...
Closed Thread