Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#16   ^
Old Sat, Nov-05-05, 22:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/166/135 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Hey guys, I am glad to see sooo many people have decided to join. I have lost about 4 pounds since November the first and I hope that I can continue to lose so fast! I feel good, I haven't felt sick or anything although I think about chocolate at least 50X a day. When I start to crave it I just think to myself, 'I want to lose weight more than I want that chocolate' and then with a lot of resistance my mind and body thinks of something else. Good luck everyone. I pray that I will have the strenth to do this.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Nov-06-05, 16:07

Plan: Semi South Beach
Stats: 167.5/138/130 Female 66.6 inches
BF:
Progress: 79%

Its nice to see so many people join the group. My weight gain happened right after I got married. I decided to eat as much as I wanted during the honeymoon, and needless to say, the honeymoon lasted a year! I gained around 40 pounds in just a year. My goal is to fit into my wedding dress that I wore a little over a year ago.

theoldme - When did you start the diet? Are you still on induction? People tend to lose a good amount the first week, most of which is water weight. If you see a slow down in your weight loss over the next couple weeks, its normal and just keep going!! By the way we have similar goals!!

Purvi
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Nov-06-05, 17:25

BF:

I just started on the 2nd and yes, I am still in induction. I gained all of my weight after we moved away from all of our family to another state 700 miles away. I didn't have anyone to visit with or know of anything to do around here. I was also a little depressed because I have never been away from my family before, so I just ate for sport I guess. It made me feel better. I now feel like we are all pretty well adjusted and I want the old me back! We do have similar goals. How tall are you? I am 5'4 but I want to keep a little bit of my butt and definately my boobs, so 135 is the lowest I am going to go.
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Nov-07-05, 03:47

Plan: Almost Atkins
Stats: 153/139/127 Female 5'4
BF:31.5%/29.8%/20%
Progress: 54%

I'm 5"4 too! :] hii!
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Nov-07-05, 07:01

BF:

theoldme - I was in a similar situation too. Before we got married DH got a job in another state so we had to move. I was fine then because so much was going on and I was so busy. We bought a new house, I found a new job, and I was planning a wedding all at once! Once we got back, I was so bored, lonely, depressed, hated the new job (and still do but working on fixing that), and I turned to food. I'm 5 6, a little taller than you. I got down to about 135ish before the wedding and still wanted to see if I could get rid of the love handles. That's why my goal is 130.
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Nov-07-05, 08:48

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 176/171/126 Female 165 centimeters
BF:
Progress: 10%

Is it too late for me to join in?

Well I am 28 and trying to lose somewhere around 40 pounds. Its nice for the same age groups to chat. Well I've had this weight for a quite long time. But I gained most of it after my wedding. Did not get much time to look after myself after moving to new place, new environment, new circumstances. Well glad to do something about it now.

I was doing Atkins since April but then my doctor suggested me to do a low calorie diet so I switched to SBD. Doing Ok so far. Will do better with all your support.

Have a nice day everyone.
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Nov-07-05, 11:26

lol why did everyone gain their weight after marriage? :] the guys do that too right! was it cuz of getting pregnant? or just blissfully happy lol :]
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Nov-07-05, 11:30

mm and speaking of weight gain, I've always been overweight since I was a kid.. went from eating nothing (hated fastfood, hated meat etc) to eating everything when I started grade school lol wonder if it's easier to lose weight if you weren't fat as a kid hmmm. something about fat cells, I can't remember what I read about it mm.

and yes, hi to everyone here :] have a good day yo! cheatfree! hahah
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Nov-07-05, 18:37
feels like today

Plan: Atkins - Induction
Stats: 203.5/187.5/145 Female 5ft. 1in.
BF:
Progress: 27%

Hey ladies! I also gained weight after marriage, buying a house, and starting a new job. My story is pretty much the same as Neela's except I am not at that job anymore, I found a better one...

It is weird how that happens. My gyno told me that there are three CERTAIN times in a woman's life she gains weight...college, marriage, and children. So far, I have hit the first two of them.

Hope everyone is well!!
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Nov-08-05, 08:16

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 176/171/126 Female 165 centimeters
BF:
Progress: 10%

Its really a mystery to me why women put on weight after marriage. I wonder is it beacuse they are more overwhelmed to look after their new prince in their lives instead of themselves. Spend all the time, energy and their health to make sure they are happy and satisfied. And the women just compromise to eat whatever their husbands like. Well I don't know if this is the reason. But I am glad that at least now I am doing something for myself.
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Nov-08-05, 08:54

BF:

Neela... we are both on the November weigh-in's board as well. It is so funny about the marriage vs. weight issue, I didn't gain most of my weight until months AFTER my 4th and last child was born. Ha! Also I am not prone to getting the love handle's, when I gain weigh the first place it shows at is my face. So hopefully getting down to 135 and exercising to tone up will get me where I want to be. Hubby says I would look good at 125 too, but if I feel good at 135 that's where I will stay and that is what I am aiming for. If 125 will make him happier that HE should drop down to 125. No seriously though, he desn't complain at 165 so I am sure a loss of 30lbs would make him ver happy, as well as myself. By the way, does anyone know what DH stands for when people are reffering to their husbands? It might be obvious to everyone else, but I have no clue.
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Nov-08-05, 09:31

BF:

DH stands for Dear Husband (I think). I use it because everyone else does!
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Nov-08-05, 19:22

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 252.4/171.2/166 Female 66 in
BF:40.74/27.63/25
Progress: 94%

Woo! I'm 22 next week. Right now I'm in 10/12s and I'm at 185.5. How I manage to fit into that size at this weight.. I have no idea. I look about 30lbs lighter than I am. But I want to lose 38.5 more!!
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Nov-08-05, 20:29
feels like today

Plan: Atkins - Induction
Stats: 203.5/187.5/145 Female 5ft. 1in.
BF:
Progress: 27%

Welcome missaec! Your avatar pic is beautiful and your weight loss is amazing too!! I cannot wait until I am in 10's! That'll be a happy day for me! BTW, how do you "modify" your Atkins? I am always curious to see what others do differently (maybe I can pick up a few tips to get myself moving!). Good to have ya here!
  #30   ^
Old Tue, Nov-08-05, 20:38

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 252.4/171.2/166 Female 66 in
BF:40.74/27.63/25
Progress: 94%

Thanks!! Modifying... Well some people can't have artificial sweetener, but it doesn't seem to bother me. Some people can't have caffeine and I can. It's just really seeing what works for you, which takes careful amounts of experimentation and lots of time. I was on it long enough that I have a decent idea of what I can handle.
Closed Thread