Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Wed, Nov-09-05, 14:49

Plan: Atkins/M&E
Stats: 165/127.1/115 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 76%

The guys I dated till I met my husband were all 6' or more. Where did I go wrong.

Oh, that's right. He told me he had money.
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Thu, Nov-10-05, 06:25

Plan: Mod Atkins
Stats: 170/162/110 Female 5 ft
BF:
Progress: 13%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jande2211
The guys I dated till I met my husband were all 6' or more. Where did I go wrong.

Oh, that's right. He told me he had money.
LOL

Me too , but one guy I dated was pretty short.

I told my husband I had to marry a tall man, to break the chain of shorties. Everyone in my family is short, the tallest is my uncle & he's about 5'7. So he's about a foot shorter then my Father in law.
  #93   ^
Old Sat, Nov-12-05, 20:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 205/123/120 Female 5'2
BF:26
Progress: 96%

Just wanted to check in and see how everyone was doing. I started my new clinical rotations at the hospital, am in Pediatrics, OB and going Monday to the state hospital to do my mental health rotations. I was so excited on Thursday I got to do a rotation in Labor and Delivery. My patient had not dilated so me and another student went to lunch. Would you believe that both of our moms delivered just as we walked back from our 30 minuted break. We both missed our deliveries. Bummer!!! So I'll go back in a few weeks to try again. Friday, I got to be in the nursery all day, it was really great, I got to experience a baby's first POOP.....literally all over me. LOL So far I have lost 21 lbs since October 5th. I'm pretty excited!!! Looks as though I may meet my mini goal of 30 by my birthday. Maybe more, we'll see. Anyways, let me know how you guys are doing. Everything is great here. Talk to you soon.
  #94   ^
Old Mon, Nov-14-05, 09:01

BF:

Tracie,
That's so cool you get to see new life being born.

21 pounds gone Wahoooo..... You'll be looking great for the Holidays. Congrads & keep up the goood work.

Y'all I hate to say it but I'm not looking forward to the hollidays. I've been so stressed over my parents getting back together & it's been about 20 years since they gotten divorce . It just weird, I've been struggling with my anger. And I know it's something that I must over come. Maybe I should go to Houston with my MIL.

So what's everyone going to do for Thanksgiving?
  #95   ^
Old Mon, Nov-14-05, 19:47

Wow getting back together after 20 years. Why are you stressed about it? Most kids would love for their parents to get back together. I don't know what the situation is, so you don't have to say anything if you don't want.

Thanksgiving....Turkey, turkey and more turkey!!! That all I can say. No gravy, no mashed, no pies. I think I may make a cheesecake at least then I can say I had a dessert. But I love turkey, so I'll be happy as long as my sister doesn't make it dry. This is the first year we will spend at her house, so we'll see if she can cook as good as she says she does. We'll see.
  #96   ^
Old Mon, Nov-14-05, 20:36

Plan: LCHF/Keto
Stats: 162/116.6/117 Female 61 inches
BF:30.6%/22.0%/22.1%
Progress: 101%

Hi there, UCShopGirl! I just discovered your "shortie" journal and thought I'd jump-in. I'm 5'1" (almost, but not quite). I've been on this weight-loss thing for most of my life, but in the last year, I've discovered I have insulin resistance and have probably had it most of my life. I got down to 117 *once* as an adult (that was with eating low-fat). After that, I teetered around 125 for quite awhle ... giving and taking five pounds here and there. Then about five years ago, my thyroid started crapping out on me, so now I'm on meds for that and hoping to get my weight and insulin under control with the zone. So far, I seem to be doing pretty well with the zone, but I only started it about three weeks ago, so we'll just have to see.

Anyway, sounds like rotations are fun! I worked administratively in the medical field for years. Loved it! Quit to stay home with kids :-\

Anyway ... nice to meet you!
  #97   ^
Old Tue, Nov-15-05, 08:49

BF:

I'm happy that my mom & dad aren't alone. But when he left us it was very hard & he treated us very badly & had a private life that none us knew about. I'm just nervous. He says he wants to make it up to us. Which I told him I can respect that.

My mother in law is going to houston & said we can come if we want or my brother in law will have it at his house. I was thinking of bringing a cheese cake. I know I 'll be cheating on that day but I don't do it big just a little cheat. And then next day is probably going to be with my mom.

Hi MoonDansyr, welcome to the thread.
  #98   ^
Old Tue, Nov-15-05, 10:13
Registered Member

Stats: 165/165/115 Female 5 1"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default New and Short

Hi everyone. I am new to the forums but not to Atkins. I am determined to lose the weight this time and to keep it off. I am 5 1" and I carry most of the weight around my tummy especially since I had a c-section my tummy just hangs down and is flabby....its so disgusting. I am not comfortable with myself and I know I have to do this for me. Hope to meet lots of you all here and make some friends. I really need the support right now since I am also going through a hard time in my life with many challenges and changes taking place. Nice to meet you all.
Lyn
  #99   ^
Old Tue, Nov-15-05, 13:12

BF:

Hi Lyn, Welcome to the thread. I also carry my weight in my mid section too. So I know just how you feel.
  #100   ^
Old Wed, Nov-16-05, 20:13

Welcome to the both of you...I hope you enjoy our "little" thread. We talk about alot of things on here, so if you just want to vent, go right ahead we are all ears.

I hope things work out with your parent...I understand now why you are a little hesitant, it's hard to trust someone who was not honest with you for such a long period of time. Just remember, if it's meant to be, it really is and if it's not then it won't be. Everything works out the way it really is suppose to. I try to live by that motto.

Grrr....rotations are really bugging me, and don't get me wrong it has nothing to do with patients...the instructors really are getting on my nerves. Boy I will be tired tomorrow, wake up at 4 am, get to hospital by 6 am and not get out until 4 pm. LONG day tomorrow....Wish me luck that I will stay awake.
  #101   ^
Old Wed, Nov-16-05, 21:45

Plan: Atkins/M&E
Stats: 165/127.1/115 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 76%

Hello Moon and Lyn. This is great. Everyone will think we're plotting to overthrow the world and put all the taller people to work. They're probably calling James Bond and Austin Powers out of retirement!

Bless you, Josiemk. Just try to stay calm and centered. Trust God.

USCShopGirl . . . I don't know what to say. You're not ever going to be paid enough for that sort of work. Hang in there.
  #102   ^
Old Thu, Nov-17-05, 06:37

BF:

Thanks Tracie & Jande,

Thanks you both are so right.

Tracie, Life of a nurse a long hard road. It's not easy but it does have it's rewards. So hang in there some of my clients are in the medical field most of them are from McKenna in New Braunfel. I heard lot of nurses & people in beauty industries often switch carreers. But I don't think I'll ever get into the medical carrer, it depresses me. I often thought about working for a vet but it would be the same thing.
  #103   ^
Old Wed, Nov-23-05, 09:46
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 207/203/125 Female 4'11
BF:
Progress: 5%

I'm 4'11 and 205....I have soooo much to loose that it is overwhelming. Wish me luck.
  #104   ^
Old Wed, Nov-23-05, 10:08

You can do it!!! Just take it day by day. Let us know if you have any questions.
Tracie
  #105   ^
Old Sat, Nov-26-05, 07:43
Still Wicked

Plan: none currently (WFPB now)
Stats: 235/112/120 Female 151 cm (4.11 1/2)
BF:
Progress: 107%

You can definitely do it. I started at 235 in September 2004, and I am 4'11.5". I'm not 235 any more LOL.