Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Fri, Oct-28-05, 08:03
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 146/143.5/105 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 6%

I was down to 125lbs but I still felt overweight for my frame. The last time I felt good about my weight was when I was down to 110lbs and I was 11. Yes, I've been 5'2 since then and I hit puberty earlier so I had already filled out. I too, know what it like to have big boobs. I'm just hoping that I lose then with the weight.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Fri, Oct-28-05, 11:24

Stats: 205/123/120 Female 5'2
BF:26
Progress: 96%

I too have been about 5'2 since i was 11. I haven't grown one inch since then, I think I weighed about 110 then too, but I felt fat then as well. I guess cause all the other girls were tall stick figures next to me.
  #63   ^
Old Fri, Oct-28-05, 11:56
Registered Member

BF:

I read somewhere earlier that we should weigh a minimum of 95 pounds. I couldn't even imagine myself that small. My mom is tall and skinny and what I consider lucky. I guess I've always daydreamed about being short and petite instead of short and chubby. I guess I'll just have to see how I feel when I get there (110lbs) and see if I think that I should lose more.
  #64   ^
Old Fri, Oct-28-05, 13:10

Stats: 165/165/115 Female 5 1"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Shorty here

Hi everyone. I am new and also a shorty at 5 1'. I believe I should weight about 115lbs for my height but I will be glad to be about 125lbs. The last time I did atkins I went down to 140lbs and I was feeling really great. I think for me not putting on weight at all and losing something is the greatest feeling in the world.
  #65   ^
Old Fri, Oct-28-05, 18:31

Well I hope this place doesn't fall apart without me. LOL I'm going to St. Louis for a few days and will be back on Wednesday. Wish me luck, I hate to fly.
  #66   ^
Old Sat, Oct-29-05, 07:16
Registered Member

BF:

Good luck! Have a safe trip. I'm sure that you'll be just fine. Don't worry, we won't let things fall apart without you. I hope you have fun!
  #67   ^
Old Mon, Oct-31-05, 07:39

Plan: Mod Atkins
Stats: 170/162/110 Female 5 ft
BF:
Progress: 13%

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCShopGirl
Well I hope this place doesn't fall apart without me. LOL I'm going to St. Louis for a few days and will be back on Wednesday. Wish me luck, I hate to fly.

Sorry I haven't been online but my computers down so I'm using my husbands.

I hope your trip went good.

It's funny how most of us stopped growing around the age of 11. So did I, I was in Louisiana at the time, most people over there are pretty tall & me just being 5 ft I got teased alot. My best friend was 5'7 And we used to go every where together. And she was big chested but I wasn't so everyone thought she was alot older then me but we were the same age.

Leanna, I feel taller then I am, I think it's the way we carry ourself. Because when I tell people my height most are surprised they say that I look taller. Their also surprised about my weight too.

Y'all have a great day.
  #68   ^
Old Mon, Oct-31-05, 08:33
Registered Member

BF:

This is for Josiemk, How have you stuck to your diet so well? I noticed that your 60% there. I started last week but when my husband came back to town this weekend, I fell off the wagon. I weighed myself to see how much damage I had done and I've gained all the weight back. Oh boy! I'm starting again today but do you have any tips? I don't want this to happen again! I really don't have that much to lose if I would just stick with it.
  #69   ^
Old Mon, Oct-31-05, 08:51

BF:

Thanks Vampere,
I've been doing this for 4 years. I even maintained for 3 years, but I had gotten sick last year & turn to comfort foods but I gain 10 back but I won't let any more come back but it's been a struggle. My metabolism is slower now after that. I try & stay active & most of the time I make good choices about what I eat. I've always like meat but I also have a sweet tooth & stay away from breads & pasta. If I do I eat a very small amount. With time it gets easier the first 2 weeks is the hardest. I won't go back to Induction cuz I stay there too long then I get board & I cheat.

What part of TX are you from? I'm north east of San Antonio.
  #70   ^
Old Tue, Nov-01-05, 09:26
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiemk
Thanks Vampere,
I've been doing this for 4 years. I even maintained for 3 years, but I had gotten sick last year & turn to comfort foods but I gain 10 back but I won't let any more come back but it's been a struggle. My metabolism is slower now after that. I try & stay active & most of the time I make good choices about what I eat. I've always like meat but I also have a sweet tooth & stay away from breads & pasta. If I do I eat a very small amount. With time it gets easier the first 2 weeks is the hardest. I won't go back to Induction cuz I stay there too long then I get board & I cheat.

What part of TX are you from? I'm north east of San Antonio.

I know what you mean about induction. I've been during the induction for about 2 years and I always end up getting bored and I cheat. That's why I've been on and off for 2 years. I even got my weight down to 125lbs but then I gain it back, cheating. I'm thinking that maybe I should start in the second phase, so that I don't get bored and I lose the weight at a slower pace so that it'll stay off. I'm from Tyler, Tx.
  #71   ^
Old Wed, Nov-02-05, 00:48

Hey girls I'm back. I do have good news though, before i left I went and did a little shopping at lane bryant and would you believe I fit myself into a 14. Wow did not think it was possible. I also bought some 14 tops and they were a little loose, but I loved them so much I bought them anyways. I did cheat on Saturday and had some pizza, but managed to stay strictly to my diet the other days, mostly eating proteins with minimal carbs exept for some salads. I had a couple of mini pretzels on the plane tonight though but nothing major. I'll weigh myself in the morning, I'm sure I didn't go over 30 carbs for the day, but we'll see. Anyways I just got home about an hour ago and i'm exhausted, I'm glad I have 5 days left on vacation from class, I could really use the break. I'm thinking about reconciling with my ex and he will be moving back to SA in the next few weeks. He's been on Atkins too and has lost about 35 pounds, so at least we can stick to this together. I'll tell you one thing, the weather in st. louis is freezing compared to San Antonio. I missed this weather big time, I'm glad to be home. I'll talk to yall tomorrow. Take care.
Tracie
  #72   ^
Old Wed, Nov-02-05, 05:11

Plan: none really
Stats: 285/225/135 Female 5ft. 5in.
BF:lost some!
Progress: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawchem
I'm 5'2". This thread is really interesting, I have all the same questions/doubts you guys have.

The frame thing. I have really small hands and feet- I can wear kids shoes. But big boobs and wide hips and FAT thighs. My training bra when I was 10 was a 34C.

My lowest weight was 90lbs and my family still teased me about how fat I was. When I weighed 140 my bodyfat was 21%. When I gained weight I gained tons of muscle, now my lean body mass is 120 lbs.

My dr said my ideal weight will be about 140lbs because I will lose some muscle with the fat. Bodyfat calculator says 149lbs is my ideal weight. In my mind I think I should weigh 105 but I'd have to lose a lot of muscle to get there.

Does anyone else have the big boob thing or tons of muscle?

UCSHOPGIRL I just started induction so I'm not eating any kind of grains. But I think once you move on that stuff is okay. I avoid the stuff that is made with soy since I'm hypothyroid.

hi im new to this site.... and i consider myself short.... im 5'5
but i had to say that i to have ALOT of muscle and large breasts..

i fit smoothly into a size 16 (witch i hate)
and i do have quite a bit of body fat but i have way more muscle when i drop 10 lbs its very noiceable to others even when i was at my highest of 285 i was only in an 18, ever since childhood i have been what guys like to call "thick" up until this past year when my weight really shot up, so i did something about it, but now im at this stall that i just cn't get out of... and im lost b/cuz i dont know what to do...i know i have my stats up there and it says 135 and that is not realistic for me b/cuz i have so much muscle... i think that dropping from a size 16 to a 6 i reasonable for me. what do yall think?
  #73   ^
Old Wed, Nov-02-05, 14:43

BF:

Vampere,
I'd defintly try upping the carbs alittle to see if it will help you to lose. Tyler Tx is east by Houston isn't? I know some people from that area.

Tracie,
it's good to have you back. That's grweat about the 14's being loose. Traveling wears me out too. It's fun to see other places though. Did you see the Arch? It's alot easier when you are losing weight with someone eles. You both can keep each other in line.

Lil,
welcome to the thread. I don't think going from a size 16 to size 6 is unrealistic. I thought I'd never get below 130 or a size 10 but I did.Everyone's different we all have different builds. And some people look good skinny & some people look better heavier.

Y'all have a great day.
  #74   ^
Old Sat, Nov-05-05, 12:50

Hey guys,

How has everyone been doing? I haven't been on in a few days and noticed that nobody had posted in a few days either. I've been doing well. Slowly and I mean slowly dropping the weight. I wanted to ask you all something, what if the only carbs you had were not good carbs in one day. I went to chick fil a and had a chicken breast off of a chicken sandwich. The chicken breast has 10 carbs because of the light breading. Is that not good? I'm trying to stay under 30 carbs a day, does it really matter what carbs you have during the day as long as you keep it under a certain amount?
  #75   ^
Old Sat, Nov-05-05, 14:23

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
does it really matter what carbs you have during the day as long as you keep it under a certain amount?

Yes, it does. One of the main reasons for low carb is that you want to prevent an insulin response. Saving up all your carbs for one meal (for instance) or eating an item that has a high GI rating, even though you may still be technically staying below your carb allowance for the day, defeats that purpose. Keep your carbs lower on the GI scale (think mainly dark green veggies and leafy greens) and try to spread your intake out throughout the day evenly.