Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Wed, Oct-26-05, 11:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 193/175/120 Female 5 feet 3/4 inches
BF:42%
Progress: 25%

Looks like between 100 and 126. Hmmmmmm.....then I will be happy at 125.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Wed, Oct-26-05, 12:02

Progress: 25%

Just went to another website that figures your BMI. It says I should be between 95 and 133 to be at a healthy weight.

I just love all the calculators out there!
  #48   ^
Old Wed, Oct-26-05, 12:18
feels like today

Plan: Atkins - Induction
Stats: 203.5/187.5/145 Female 5ft. 1in.
BF:
Progress: 27%

Yeah they are all a great tool....too confuse the heck out of people!! Haha! They all say different things. I just know that I did not look right at 115. So I think 130-135 is a good range for me.
  #49   ^
Old Wed, Oct-26-05, 14:02

Stats: 160/156.5/120 Female 57 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default I'm a shortie too

checking in at 4ft 9 inches. At 160 I'm in a sz 14 and sometimes it ain't that comfortable. I'm aiming to lose 40 pounds and get to 120 then reevaluate at that point.
  #50   ^
Old Wed, Oct-26-05, 15:07
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

I'm 5'2". This thread is really interesting, I have all the same questions/doubts you guys have.

The frame thing. I have really small hands and feet- I can wear kids shoes. But big boobs and wide hips and FAT thighs. My training bra when I was 10 was a 34C.

My lowest weight was 90lbs and my family still teased me about how fat I was. When I weighed 140 my bodyfat was 21%. When I gained weight I gained tons of muscle, now my lean body mass is 120 lbs.

My dr said my ideal weight will be about 140lbs because I will lose some muscle with the fat. Bodyfat calculator says 149lbs is my ideal weight. In my mind I think I should weigh 105 but I'd have to lose a lot of muscle to get there.

Does anyone else have the big boob thing or tons of muscle?

UCSHOPGIRL I just started induction so I'm not eating any kind of grains. But I think once you move on that stuff is okay. I avoid the stuff that is made with soy since I'm hypothyroid.
  #51   ^
Old Thu, Oct-27-05, 05:33

Plan: Mod Atkins
Stats: 170/162/110 Female 5 ft
BF:
Progress: 13%

Mine say's I should be between 100 to 126 too. I think I small boned because I have small hands & feet too. People tell me I'm tiny & why do I want to lose weight. I'm definitly not curvy which I think it makes me look smaller. I'm still in a "B" cup & no butt but I gain weight in the belly area. So it's easy to hide by wearing a loose shirt that's long over low rise jeans.
  #52   ^
Old Thu, Oct-27-05, 08:31

Stats: 205/123/120 Female 5'2
BF:26
Progress: 96%

Nawchem, I totally feel you. Big butt/big boobs here. I too have alot of muscle and when I work out I put on alot more muscle.

I totally blew it last night, I went out, you know to celebrate. But to my surprise, I'm feeling okay this morning. I actually lost another pound, this morning. And no, it was not from heaving to the porcelain god. FYI- I don't get to go out much. I think the cape cod(cranberry and vodka) and the bud lights probably blew it for me. Someone told me tequila had carbs because it has some sugar in it. So all in all I had 2 cape cods, 4 bud lights, and 1 shot of tequila. I have to make up for all those months of non-partyin and get back in order once the quarter starts again on the 7th. No more going out once school starts again. So I guess I will make last night my cheat day.
  #53   ^
Old Thu, Oct-27-05, 09:07

Stats: 175/125/115 Female 5'
BF:32/28/22
Progress: 83%
Default Hello to all the other shorties!

I am 54 years old, 5' tall and currently am at 148 lb. Wear a size 14 pants and xl top. Weight is all from the waist up. At 15 years I was 115 lbs and wore size 11 jr. petite. When I was 19 I dieted down to 97 lbs. and wore a size 5 or 7 jr. petite. At 30 years after having two children I weighed 160 lbs. and wore a size 16 misses petite. At age 42 I had dieted and exercised down to 105 lbs. was back in a size 5 or 7 jr. petite. At 105 lbs. I still have a belly pooch. By the time I was 50 I was 175 lbs. and wearing a size 16 and it was tight. I actually have large bones, wrist test and big feet for a 5' tall woman. Size 7 1/2 wide shoe. It might go to 7 1/2 regular width at a lower weight. The low carb woe is by far the most livable. I have done low fat and weight watchers. Low fat worked but I was hungry all the time and had to walk 6 miles a day and lift weights. I didn't work away from home then so I had time to do that. Now I work 9 to 12 hours a day so there is very little time to devote to exercise. I vowed I would not keep myself hungry to lose weight again. Dr. Atkins made it possible to lose weight without being hungry all the time.
  #54   ^
Old Thu, Oct-27-05, 11:21
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

Josie that's my fantasy, people telling me I don't need to lose weight! Your right it is easier to hide it with your figure. If I wear a lose shirt it fall straight down from my boobs and looks tenty like I'm pregnant. Not the look I'm going for. If I wear tight shirts I get embarressed because my chest is so excessive. Your so close to goal! Good job!

UCShopgirl don't worry about the cheatday. I figure its impossible to be perfect. I remember seeing this interview with Dr. Atkins and he said he'd been eating too many carbs and had to go back on induction because he had gained 5lbs! I only had tequilla once and ran directly to the bathroom and lost it. Just get right back on today!

Deb isn't it funny how we remember our weights! I can't believe we don't have to be hungry either. Since I've been LC I've always had cheatdays and cheatmeals. I was afraid to really commit, I couldn't imagine not eating carbs at football games. Yesterday I was hungry and already at 20 carbs, I suddenly realized I didn't have to be hungry, I could eat meat. Its hard to let myself go like that. Hopefully I'm losing weight in spite of eating so much.
  #55   ^
Old Thu, Oct-27-05, 14:30

Plan: Mod Atkins
Stats: 170/162/110 Female 5 ft
BF:
Progress: 13%

Tracie,
Sounds like you had a great time.

Deb, that's wild how we can wear different sizes. I'm about 120 almost & I wear 5/6 but at 110 I'm a 3/4 & at 105 my belly is flat. But it's hard for me to maintain. When I graduated from high school I weighed around 90-95 college I weighed around 100. By my mid twenties I went up to 135. Then 4 yrs ago I went down to 110 & maintained it for 3 yrs. I normally wore size 3 JR's because I don't have the hips to fill out women sizes.

Nachem, I get embarresed wearing tight shirts too, I don't want people to think I'm flat chested. I remember a while back someone mentioned my misquito bites. That was pretty embarrassing. Plus they might see my gut.
Thanks I hope to be back to my goal soon.

What kind of exersizes do you all do? I go for fast paced walking for 1/2 hour before I go to work. I don't work out as much as I used to because I have asthma.
  #56   ^
Old Thu, Oct-27-05, 14:49

Stats: 205/123/120 Female 5'2
BF:26
Progress: 96%

I just wanted to welcome Deb!! The more the merrier.
  #57   ^
Old Thu, Oct-27-05, 15:10

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 192/138/125 Female 5 FEET 3 INCHES
BF:I/Don't/Know
Progress: 81%

Hey short stuffs,

Here's the funny part. I'm 5' 3" and I never thought I was short, until this year I wanted a full length coat and it dragged on the floor Awww well who cares. I started at 183 and I am now 126, so it can be done. It has taken me forever though. Good luck...and we're not short....we're petite

Luvs Ya
Leanna
  #58   ^
Old Thu, Oct-27-05, 17:47

Plan: Human Experimentation
Stats: 170/100/105 Female 4'10
BF:
Progress: 108%

My weight was supposed to be around 92-125 I think....that is a huge difference lol. I think I am small framed. I am at 110, it doesn't look or feel right to me at all. I would say 100.
  #59   ^
Old Thu, Oct-27-05, 18:31

Plan: bfl
Stats: 179/119/120 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 102%

what is short I'm only 5'6 and I consider myself short
  #60   ^
Old Fri, Oct-28-05, 06:38