Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Oct-22-05, 07:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 153/138/107 Female 4 ft 10 1/4 inches
BF:37/36/22
Progress: 33%

And here's another 4 ft 10! It is true, people always think when I tell them my weightgoal that it is far too less, which it simply isn't.
I know, because I had that weight after my first low carb diet. And I was still a bit too round, but not really too much. My body just told me that this was the weight I was destined for. It was ok by me, but I fell off the bandwagon big time, and got entangled in my carb cravings, so a year later I had gained anything I lost...untill I kicked my behind and started all over again. Carbs, they ARE addictive.
For them, 5 ft lots and 6 ft somethings, yeah. "Oh, but my weight is 160 pounds and I just need to lose 5 pounds, so you are ok". Excuse me, I am more than a feet shorter!

Yeah, let us small people unite! Not against the taller ones, but together we are always stronger.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Oct-22-05, 08:24
Give chance a chance

Plan: General LC maintenance
Stats: 152.6/115.6/115 Female 60 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 98%

Somewhere on this forum there is a "Petite Ladies" thread if you feel like searching for it. Lots of us shorties around, it's just hard to see us behind the tall people!

Good luck to you,

Kay
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Oct-22-05, 10:32

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 164/162.6/151 Female 5'3"
BF:Sure is
Progress: 11%

Or start a thread for people 5'0" & under...?
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Oct-22-05, 20:50

Plan: Human Experimentation
Stats: 170/100/105 Female 4'10
BF:
Progress: 108%

Yeah that sounds like a good idea, we are special cases I think, it is harder to lose weight when you think you can eat like a person who is much taller. If calories do matter then I must get way too much lol.
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Oct-23-05, 17:27
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 251/223/140 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress:

you are definitely not aone, i am 5'3" myself. and when i was at my highest weight ever, i was as round as i was tall. never again!!!
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Oct-24-05, 10:08

Stats: 193/175/120 Female 5 feet 3/4 inches
BF:42%
Progress: 25%

LOL!! I should have looked for short people sooner!! I was afraid to put my goal weight below 120 on my signature because I thought I might get flamed for wanting to be "anorexic". But my goal is somewhere between 100 and 110. I am 5 feet 3/4 inches. I am not sure which goal to shoot for because I have not been that small since I was in the womb. (Not really....but seems like it.) Seriously, if I get to 110....I mean, WHEN I get to 110, I am going to re-evaluate and see if I am well proportioned. Not sure what kind of bone structure I have, haven't seen any bones in a while. I don't think I am a small frame but I am definitely not big boned either. Must be medium.

Anyway, glad you all posted this thread! I needed to drop in on this one!
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Oct-24-05, 10:14

Plan: Mod Atkins
Stats: 170/162/110 Female 5 ft
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hi I'm short too. I'm barely 5 ft. I'm still struggling with the last 10 pounds I'd lose a few & then gain them right back but a I have onced reached my goal which is 110 & maintained it for a few years. Plus I'm small framed & people with out realizing my size have told me I was being unrealistic about my weight. I was always very thin until my mid twenties when I moved in with my husband who happens to be 6'4. And tried to eat like him.
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Oct-24-05, 10:16

Hey, Josiemk! My hubby is 6'4" also. He weighs 157. One of my first goals is to weigh less than him!
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Oct-24-05, 10:24

BF:

Hey Jr8fan,
Wow your DH sounds thin. Mine DH weighs 250 but hes a big boned German. I heard Germans are typically bigger boned. I heard tall men are attracted to short women.
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Oct-24-05, 10:46

I have a thigh that is as big around as my DH! He is very thin! He should weigh much more but thin runs in his family. He cannot overeat. It makes him sick when he eats too much or if he eats processed foods or a lot of sweets. I tell him all the time he never broke his "full" button like I did mine.
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Oct-24-05, 14:15

Plan: Neanderwannabe
Stats: 160/125/115 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr8Fan
WHEN I get to 110, I am going to re-evaluate and see if I am well proportioned.

Yep, same thing with me. I picked 115 because it's right smack in the middle of the BMI for my height. Last time I was at 115 tho I was still kinda pudgy (damn stomach rolls ) So, WHEN I get to 115 I'm hoping it will be better this time around due to way better eating and exercise, if not I'll just re-adjust. I forget how to tell what size frame you have, I'll have to look that up.
  #27   ^
Old Mon, Oct-24-05, 14:37

BF:

Donna, I wished I had that problem, that your DH has. I do have a problem with junk food. It bloats me out & messes up my digestive system.
Nikkira, It depends on your wrist. I don't remember how but people tell me I have a small wrist.
  #28   ^
Old Mon, Oct-24-05, 16:22

Stats: 205/123/120 Female 5'2
BF:26
Progress: 96%

We definately need to keep this thread going, at least for us to get together and chat, since we are all pretty much on the same boat. Yeah doesn't it just stink that if we want to say our goal weight is 100 pounds everyone is like "oh no, that is too small for you" Then when I say well my ideal weight is 100-130, they say oh 130 is more ideal, how would you know, have you seen me at 100 to even 115. No, so how do they know what my ideal weight is. That gets me soooo mad, and then I feel bad, like maybe they are right, maybe I shouldn't aim for that goal, so that is why I put 120 on my goal weight, I guess when I get to it I'll change it. What should I eat for dinner, I know my son will want something from a fast food place. He's so opposite from me, he's a skinny little kid, I barely can keep what weight he has on him. Hopefully we can keep him that way, and at least he loves to eat chicken instead of hamburgers. I really want a salad, oh well, i'll figure it out. At least I found somewhere I can just blab and blab.
  #29   ^
Old Mon, Oct-24-05, 17:18

Stats: 140/125/125 Female 5 2
BF:33/25/20
Progress: 100%

Hi all! I am 5'2" and currently weigh about 134 lbs. My lowest was 114 lbs after university about 17 years ago (I cycled my bike everywhere, talk about FIT). My body fat is about 29% which is within the normal/healthy range. My BMI would put me over the 25 mark, or slightly overweight. I have very large arm muscles from years of tennis. So, I don't expect to weight less than 100lbs like my sisters who are taller than me, but don't have much muscle.

I was always on the tiny size but never happy about my weight or body - and was very conscious of what I ate. I look at the tiny me and can't believe I was unhappy with my weight....always wanted to be thinner and smaller.

When I was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes at age 30 (I weighed about 119 lbs, but was super dehydrated) and went on insulin, I gained 13 lbs in 10 days....it was payback time for those weeks when I could eat everything and not gain an ounce - due to the diabetes. And I tried. Ever since it has been a struggle to lose. Partly due to the diabetes. Partly due to my problems with portion control - even when on Low Carb.

Nice "talking" to you all.

Steph
  #30   ^
Old Tue, Oct-25-05, 05:36

BF:

Tracie,
I know exactlly what you mean I started at 130. And some people assumed I had an eating disorder. But what they didn't realize was that I was 5ft & wearing about 10/11. I'll admit I don't look good at 100 because it adds years to my face. I'm 36 but my bones are very promint in my face so I chose 110.
WhenI eat out I'll grab a grilled chicken sandwich & toss the bun & same with hamburgers.
Steph, I wished I had arm muscles but it's hard for me to develop them because I have developed carpal tunnel syndrome in both wrist. I'd rather weigh more from muscle then fat.

Y'all have a great day.