Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Sep-14-05, 07:53
Bound for Onederland

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 239/188/199 Female 5 ft 7 in
BF:lil' bit, ok lots
Progress: 127%

I am such a loser! I forgot all about the show being on. I was giving my boys baths and packing lunching and stuff and when i went to bed i remebered the show was on. How was it? do they replay the episode during the week or on the ABC family channel?
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Sep-14-05, 12:34
Registered Member

Stats: 335/185/155 Female 5'8"
BF:37%/35%/34.4%/31%
Progress: 83%

Well. I hope everyone was able to catch the show last night. All of the stats are posted on NBC, but here they are for our quick reference!

Girls are Blue and train with Bob. And Girls lost the challenge, but took away the nights immunity!

I was a little worried because men do lose faster majority of the time, so I went into it thinking oh, no... but the percentage thing makes since Phew!

Men are Red of coarse and train with Jillian I kind of like this (maybe it is the twisted joy I get out of seeing a woman kicking a mans behind... ...who knows?) Jillian is more the kind of trainer I would respond to at this point in my life.

Some quick info:

Pounds lost: Week 1 (ten days)

Suzanne
16 pounds

Shannon
15 Pounds

Kathryn
15 Pounds

Ryan
18 Pounds

Andrea
11 Pounds

Jen
19 Pounds

Suzy

20 Pounds

Matt
28 Pounds

Nick
28 Pounds

Jeff
17 Pounds

Ruben
17 Pounds
We saw after the show that Ruben now weighs around 215 Pounds

Seth
21 Pounds

Mark
23 Pounds

Pete
22 Pounds

Women lost a total of 114 pounds/6.64%
Men lost a total of 157 pounds/6.59%

Ruben was voted of for his lack of connection with the group, lack of commitment to his team and working out and attitude towards his teammates as well.

http://www.nbc.com/The_Biggest_Loser/

Did you find someone to challenge or relate to? I know it seems like a lot of weight they lost (we know a lot is water, so I doubt I will lose 20 pounds in the next 10 days ...but the challenge will still be fun!) See how many pounds you drop compared to them at the end of the show Most importantly, its the challenging yourself that key here!

I think Kathryn and Ryan are closest to me, so I will focus on them more! How about you?
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Sep-14-05, 12:48
Registered Member

Stats: 335/185/155 Female 5'8"
BF:37%/35%/34.4%/31%
Progress: 83%

Sorry you missed it scrapbookr, hope the stats gets you up to date enough!

Well, I went to see a new trainer today and boy was it disapointing!... I show up at 6am and he didnt even know he was going to see me. Turns out he never checks his book and verbally told a couple of his clients that they could see him at that time. I am only doing my 2 free sessions, so he was not thrilled to see me waiting and he was apologizing to the other clients continuously, like I was a bother.

He then tossed paperwork for me to fill out about myself, while he went to chat with his other clients and when I gave it to him, didnt even bother to look at it. He started right away having me do planks and bridges, no measurements, body fat percentage, "what are your goals". I was so frustrated and a little bit ticked off quite frankly! So I stopped the session and since he did not ask me what I wanted, I volunteered it. I told him that I like to know my stats, they are important to me, and then I would like to try to set up a routine that I can do, upper and lower body on different days.

He took me downstairs and did my measurments and body fat percentage, thats it. The personal trainer page had a lot of things to be done and asked, but that was it, all I got.
'
I said thanks and told him that I had to leave early. I went downstairs and scheduled another appointment for different trainer tomorrow morning to come up with my routines.

I want a trainer that has SOME interest in me and goals and well being... GRRRRRRRR! Sorry to vent, but that was some of the worst service I have ever gotten, free or not. If I were in a restaurant, I would not have given a tip! Maybe I am not forking over 700 dollars right now to train with him on a regular basis, but it I had it, based on that session, I would not choose him anyway! I need a different personal trainer style!

But here are my stats anyway. Did you all collect any?

Weight

Chest

Waist

Hips

Biceps

Thighs

Body fat percentage 31%

I will do this again in 2 weeks to a month
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Sep-14-05, 15:45

Plan: general lowcarb
Stats: 247/149/120 Female 5ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 77%

Wow what an a horrible experience you had at the gym!! I'm glad you found a new trainer that will work with you.. Will get my stats for you tomorrow. My weight as of today is 228! Yeeeah! From being binge free for three days!! It feels great to have control over my life again.. I hope everyone is as motivated as I am from the show! I taped it and will watch it any time I need some inspiration. I love watching Jillian kicks those guys ass!LOL.
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Sep-14-05, 17:33

Stats: 244/226/155 Female 5 Foot 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%
Smile My Stats for the challenge

I really enjoyed the show last night and from the start I was thinking that I could relate to Ryan even though I am a lot older than she is.Sure would be nice to have some older folks on the show.

I took my measurements last night.I don't know if my body fat precentage is correct but on my scale that measures body fat it comes up at 43.I will go with that since that is the only body fat stat that I have.

I took my measurements when I first started this WOE 2 1/2 years ago so it does motivate me to see the inches come off.It's been awhile since I have lost any more inches so maybe now that I have upped my exercise and not straying from my eating plan I will see some inches come off again.

I ahd to go to my profile and up my weight some.Since I have been exercising I have put on a few pounds.My clothes are fitting loser so I know that it isn't fat that I have gained.Wouldn't it be nice to lose the way they did on the show?

Bust:40 1/2
Waist:37
Hips:45
Thighs:22 1/2
Arm:13

Body Fat Percentage:43(?)
BMI:33.6

Nancy

Last edited by Chloesue : Wed, Sep-14-05 at 17:57. Reason: Change measurements
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Sep-14-05, 17:37

BF:

Hi Nancy,
I know I couldnt believe it when they were losing like 20 pounds in 10 days!!Wowsa!! But you have to admit they are bustin butt in their exercise routine.For me its so hard to get into the swing of things, like just to take that first step to get on the treadmill. Will try though tonight! Tomorrow getting measurements done. I dont know what my body fat is but my BMI is like 40.6 or something like that. Yikes!!
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Sep-14-05, 18:01

BF:

Naomi,
Thanks for mentioning the BMI...Body Mass Index.I went online and found a BMI calculator and got my current BMI.That is another good way to keep up with our progress.

I am upping my exercise as much as I can.Today I did 30 minutes of strength training and this evening I worked out in my yard for about 40 minutes.I have plenty more yard work to get done to get my yucca plants ready for winter so I can spread the work out and get plenty of exercise.

Another favorite show is coming on....Ultimate Body Challenge on Discovery Health.It is very motivating too.

Nancy
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Sep-14-05, 18:42

BF:

Yay Nancy for exercising!! And yard work definately no joke!! one time I could barely even move after weeding!

-Did you want us to record our food here as well? I'm doing a 1500 calorie plan with certain allotted amounts of carbs provided by my doc so if my food seems weird thats why-

Breakfast-1 cup of cream of wheat made with 2 percent milk 260 cals 37 carbs, and 1/4 sugar free syrup-30 cals 12 carbs TOTAL-300 cals 49 carbs

Lunch-1 can of mixed vegetables with a pat of ICBINB and 3 ounces of meatloaf made from 93 percent lean ground beef-Total-420 cals 43 carbs

dinner-one can of tuna-150 calories 0 carbs 2 T of light mayo-80 cal 2 carbs, 2-3 ounces? of meat loaf (200 cals?)

snack-1 bag of popcorn 240 cals, too many carbs

exercise-walked/jogged on treadmill for 20:05 minutes, walked 1.18 miles, burned 150 cals, and 46 fat cals.

Lowcarboli-Thanks so much for this challenge!! This is the type of accountability I need!! No dropping out for me!! I am sick of the yo yo effect!!

Last edited by petersn78 : Thu, Sep-15-05 at 00:12.
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Sep-15-05, 06:52

Plan: atkins
Stats: 221/206.5/190 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Naomi, great job on the excersise, I'll be with you the whole way, I definetley need this to stay on track also.

Chloesue, great job on the excersise also, I think I really need to up my strength training.

I missed the last half hour of the show, DH is really addicted to "House," so I surrendered the TV over to him. I wish I could have seen the progress that Reuben has made.

I'm just curious if anyone was suprised at how the contestant reacted at the beginning when they were brought into the room with all the food. I was really kindof suprised they acted and ate like they did. I guess it just stands out in my mind becasue so many people sterotype overwieght people like this, that we all just eat like pigs and stuff every and anything in our mouths. I understand it is a show and anything to get the ratings, and the contestants figured it was a farewell to this kind of food and eating. But, I just would have thought once they made it this far, actually getting on the show, they would of really been ready to make a change and would of resisted a little better. This is just my opinion, anyone feel free to share
thiers.

Also, I started this challenge at 181lbs. I will get measured on Monday.

Jenny
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Sep-15-05, 08:16
Down-Sizing Me

Stats: 211.6/211.4/135 Female 63
BF:42/42/20
Progress: 0%

Hi Guys..

I'd like to join you all in this.. *smile*

I love this show & watched it last time.. and forgot that it started Tuesday.. will mark my calendar for new week!

I want to be in 'Onederland' when the show is done.. preferably way in 'onederland'..
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Sep-15-05, 08:33
Slowly melting...

Stats: 267/253/199 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Ok, very frustrated this morning.. .I am up a stinking 3.5lbs... now how can that be???? Grrr... TOM was 10 days ago... little upset... but not giving up.
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Sep-15-05, 09:25

BF:

Jenny,
I had the same reaction as you as to the way the people reacted and ate all of that food in that room set up for them.

I know I would not have done that.Just knowing that I am on camera for the world to see and that I was selected from all of the people that applied for the show would have kept me in line.As a matter of fact seeing all of that food now would make me feel rather sick.

In the back of my head I was thinking that having all of that food available to them was some sort of set up so I was pleasantly surprised when it wasn't.

I also care for the guy trainer's style of training than the woman.Their names have slipped my mind right now.Which trainer's style do y'all like on the show?

Nancy
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Sep-15-05, 09:29

BF:

Lowcarboli,
Sure hope you have a better experience with a new trainer today.Please let us know how this trainer is compared to the one yesterday.

Nancy
  #29   ^
Old Thu, Sep-15-05, 12:11

Plan: atkins
Stats: 221/206.5/190 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 47%

If anyone missed the first episode I found this on the biggest loser homepage.

"If you missed the premiere episode of The Biggest Loser, here is your chance to catch it! The 90-minute premiere will be rebroadcast this Saturday, September 17 at 8/7pm. Be sure to tune in! "
  #30   ^
Old Thu, Sep-15-05, 16:17

BF:

Hi everyone,
Hope your spirits are all high! I know I would have been so self conscious about eating so much food because of the cameras. But that room looked wonderful I have to admit!! Kinda like willy wonkas chochalate factory Have a great day all!