Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Sun, Jul-24-05, 14:06

Plan: 1
Stats: 110/110/110 Female 111
BF:
Progress: 74%

Hi KryssiMc! It will be so great to see this section of the forum grow! Hopefully my being around here won't keep folks away! I really am working on softening my no excuse approach and offering proof of my claims as well. I think my problem is that when I get involved in something I am there 150% and play by the rules...well 98% of the time! I just want folks to experience the success that I have enjoyed through some really rough moments! Cuz losing all this weight isn't easy and there were so many moments...especially at night...where I wanted to say to heck with it and eat what I want to really eat! Pizza has really been calling my name lately! But, if I really wanted the stuff then I will have to make my own and since I haven't done that...well I must not really want it all that badly! I think just the convenience of being able to order one and then eat it is what is really calling my name! Anyhow, I am looking forward to seeing more and more folks post in this area!!!!! And, I am praying for ya to be good around all that bbq!
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sun, Jul-24-05, 16:00
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Wish me luck around those pesky BBQ foods...

I actually love BBQs....cause I can eat cole slaw and pickles and burgers and chicken....just no buns!!
  #48   ^
Old Sun, Jul-24-05, 18:07
LC Bridezilla

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 122/99/105 Female 62 inches
BF:Who/Cares
Progress: 135%

Oh Scruff...never change. I think we need more of a kick in the pants in maintenance than ever before! I know that feeling with the convenience...but even before LC, making my own pizza was so much more fun...and tastier. But I do miss the ability after a hard day to just pick up the phone and order...
Judy, you will be happy to know that I was good today. I had grilled chicken breasts, steak and corn on the cob, which doesn't seem to bother me. I did have a few drinks though...my one treat to myself today. They were Mike's Light Lemonade
  #49   ^
Old Sun, Jul-24-05, 18:40

Plan: Fat Flush Plan
Stats: 233/146/150 Female 5ft 8inches
BF:22%
Progress: 105%

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryssiMc
Csoar, I haven't seen you in a long time...how are you? Looks like you're still feeling great!
Thanks for the warm welcome - I'm just peachy, thanks! How about yourself?

Speaking of peaches....think I'll go make a peach smoothie!
  #50   ^
Old Sun, Jul-24-05, 19:07
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
corn on the cob

and the corn just got picked and I'm sure it was amazing!!

I'm glad that you did well and enjoyed!!
  #51   ^
Old Mon, Jul-25-05, 07:02
LC Bridezilla

Actually Judy, the place we go to has their own corn and they pick it all day long, so it's always fresh and soooo sweet. I just don't overindulge, but that's a fight when it tastes like that!

BTW Judy, one of these days we should get together for lunch. I'm always in the city for one thing or another...sometimes I just feel like going home for awhile so I go in for the day and visit my old homes and schools.
  #52   ^
Old Mon, Jul-25-05, 07:09
Attitude is a Choice

Sure Kryssi!! I'd like that!

Just bring me those great Jersey beefsteak tomatoes!!

I'll pay you!!
  #53   ^
Old Mon, Jul-25-05, 07:20
LC Bridezilla

Darlin', it's a deal! Gotta have those! I love a good tomato sandwich with plenty of mayo on LC bread.

You just let me know when and I'll be there. I will be off for the whole month of August so anytime is good. Don't know where ya are in there, but I'm dying to go back to Gator's at the Seaport...their seafood is to die for and so is the view.
  #54   ^
Old Mon, Jul-25-05, 08:17
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Gator's at the Seaport...their seafood is to die for and so is the view.

This sounds fine with me!!

I'm in the Gramercy Park area, which is downtown .....FYI- I am walking dogs 5 days a week between 11 am and 6 pm...so lunch then is not possible but dinner is good if it works for you....and anyone else who wants to join and is in the area!!
  #55   ^
Old Mon, Jul-25-05, 08:57
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryssiMc
Bonnie, I couldn't have said it any better. If we stayed static, then we wouldn't have to watch, but there are so many factors as we age. I don't think that you have to be as vigilant as you were before, but jump on the scale once in awhile just to make sure you are on track. It's much easier to deal with it when it's just a few lbs, right?

Unfortunately, I have to watch because my body still tends to lose. I now have to ease up on exercise a bit...something I used for stress reduction as well as health. I have no idea what my body's goal weight is as it's still trying to go down even though I'm eating very well.

Trust me, you'll find what works. Add things in individually and keep notes of the amounts so that, if it doesn't work, you can pull it out of your menu immediately without repurcussions.

I agree.
Your weight, if you have had a weight problem, will never be a non issue. There is no "comfort zone". As long as you are not losing weight, odds are you will be veeery slowly gaining it. This sounds horrific but it's not, it's normal for our body fat stores to be in constant flux. If you want to stay the weight you earned, you need to watch your weight.

Maintaining your weight is a whole lot easier than losing 30 pounds, though. If it goes up, one or two days will fix it... but with 30 pounds, its more like a couple of months. That sucks and you want to do everything to avoid that.

The key is early intervention, as well as practicing prevention. Don't become complacent and weight will never be a problem for you. Take action when weight goes up, and don't eat too much (which slows the rate weight goes up). You'll be fine.

I've been maintaining within a few pounds for about half a year now, however I've officially been in maintenance for over a year.
  #56   ^
Old Mon, Jul-25-05, 09:08
LC Bridezilla

Judy, dinner is fine with me. I'm from the lower west side myself...grew up in Chelsea. Jersey is beautiful but nothing beats the vibe of the city. I'm finding, as I get older, it gets to be a pain in the butt to have to drive and find something to do...wish I was back home with everything right outside my door!

Getting together more people from the area would be great! Should we post a thread for this?
  #57   ^
Old Mon, Jul-25-05, 10:30

BF:

Ok...I am jealous! Dinner together with low carb friends! Sure hope you get a nice crowd together and have a blast!

Well, my eating has been pretty good except for last night...I had popcorn popped in olive oil and I had promised myself I would give it up for a while...but on the good side of it all...well it didn't stick around for long...I think the kelp and co act as a cleaning agent as well! My temp was 96.5 when I woke up from the longest sleep I have had in a long time...yippi...and has stayed at that temp all morning which is odd since the other days I took my temp it would go up and down and was never the same twice in a row...hmmmmmm...wonder if that is good?
  #58   ^
Old Mon, Jul-25-05, 10:39
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
I think the kelp and co act as a cleaning agent

Me thinks I gotta get some of that kelp stuff!!

Popcorn???? What popcorn??
  #59   ^
Old Mon, Jul-25-05, 10:58

BF:

Ya got a point there. DOn't think I retained too many carbs there! !!!!!!!!!!!!!
  #60   ^
Old Mon, Jul-25-05, 11:34

Plan: low- to medium-carb
Stats: 114/105/105 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Well, Judy and Kryssi, I'm a longtime member at this forum (well, about 15 months) and a constant lurker and sometime poster, and although I'm upstate for the summer (till October, actually), I live in NYC most of the year and if you two have a nice dinner in August and decide to have a repeat in the fall, I'd love to be included!

Judy, I've even posted to you once, I think--when I learned you were a dogwalker! I have a pup and we generally end up at the West 72nd St. dog run and schmooze with the dogwalkers there. You've made awesome progress on South Beach; congratulations!

Kryssi, I've been reading your posts with interest for a while now, mainly because you have trouble gaining! Anyone with that problem is automatically fascinating to me! With my snail's metabolism, it takes forever to lose a pound. But I'm getting there!

Anyway, you guys, I'll keep hanging around this thread, and if ever a fall meeting is contemplated, count me in!

Best, sona