Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Thu, Aug-11-05, 13:12

Plan: cut out carbs
Stats: 299.2/205.5/168 Female 173cm
BF:41%
Progress: 71%

i try to do it same time each day but its always all over the plc, its pos my scales? there digital body fat analyser
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Thu, Aug-11-05, 13:13
weighing in....

Plan: BFL
Stats: 245/225/200 Female 5' 10"
BF:Why, yes, yes I do
Progress: 44%

Could be the scale... I bought the cheapest scale I could find that did the job. No frills or extras and it works fine.
  #48   ^
Old Thu, Aug-11-05, 13:27

wel if i go by mine stil i will stil no if i hav lost or gained weight but wil hav to bear in mind that they are 2k out, think that wil b ok?
  #49   ^
Old Mon, Aug-22-05, 12:41

found out today tthat the new scales i got weeks ago that cost me £40 are dodgy, seems if u stand in dif places u get dif readins, i was 122k and then wen i next did it my foot was about a cm more forward then normal and i suddely was 117k :O
  #50   ^
Old Mon, Aug-22-05, 14:20
Chaos in the flesh!

Plan: custom
Stats: 386/218.2/167 Female 69
BF:
Progress: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnikx
thats intrestin cause i hav always drunk diet coke, and even the weight i have loss iv still been drinkin it, so wud that realy make a dif if i stopped drinkin that? isnt all food packaged? not sure i understand still wat sodium is in. wat about ppl who dnt weight lift, how comes they retain water? that cant be the only reason for retainin water? how do i get it out?
il take up usin a tape measure, but wat parts do i measure? my mate said last nite even though iv put weight on he thinks my sides are thinner

diet coke contains a lot of sodium - it can affect your body differently depending on the other items you eat or drink, not to mention adding in the workouts. No, not all food is "prepackaged" you have to prepare food. What I'm speaking of is the foods that you pop in the microwave or oven without doing anything to them - like tv dinners and meals like that.

As for what to measure - this is what I measure

Biceps
Forearms
Chest
stomach
waist
hips
thighs
calves

Your water retention will work itself out. Once the muscles repair themselves, the water will work out. Don't also forget that you will probably retain water if its your time of month.
  #51   ^
Old Tue, Aug-23-05, 17:45

but its all no good with scales that are crap
  #52   ^
Old Sun, Aug-28-05, 01:50
Registered Member

Plan: 6-12-12
Stats: 184.5/175/120 Female 5 feet
BF:way too much!
Progress: 15%

Eat three meals a day and two snacks. Please don't cut out carbs completely. Have little bit at each meal.

Don't cut calories. You may need to add food; your body may be conserving if you've been dieting too rigorously. Add more vegetables and good fats.

Vary your exercise routine. Try something different. Not necessarily harder, but different. Time to start cross training.
  #53   ^
Old Sun, Aug-28-05, 10:38

yeh i am s im doin all that?
  #54   ^
Old Sun, Aug-28-05, 11:23

Plan: Atkins (Variation)
Stats: 258/236/200 Male 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 38%

Hello,

RMR is Resting Metabolic Rate.

What they are trying to say is that your body no longer needs as much food or
calories/carbs you are consuming. That your amount of exercise needs to increase
or your amount of food consumption needs to decrease. Now if you are already living
on next to nothing that could be a factor as well because if you are not getting the
good nutrients you need you will shut down.

Sometimes if none of that is a factor you may need to trick your body by eating
something filled with carbs or in your case something that you aren't regularly eating
that isn't part of your plan. Do not chose anything that you have a craving or
intense desire to have. This will railroad your efforts. In my case I found that a
grilled chicken sandwich w/lettuce and mayo works. It is on a white sesame seed
bun. It is not something I crave, the meal is not a complete loss however I receive
carbs from it.

When I do this I normally will have a loss within 24 hours. One thing that I was reading
in Atkins was that your body figures alcohol differently. I went bowling a week or two
ago and there is a bar there. I ordered a Jager Bomb and the next morning I had a
loss. I need to look into it a little more but what I do know is that your bodies requirements
change and you need to constantly keep tricking it and changing to keep your weight
loss moving.

Remember what they say your body stores fat incase of a famine it doesn't like losing
the storehouse so it will fight you unless you adapt. Don't go more than 3 days with out
some kind of change to your routine and don't go more than a week without a loss. 2lbs
a week should be the guide.

Have A Great Weight Loss This Week!
  #55   ^
Old Mon, Aug-29-05, 12:37

yeh but i hav been doin all of whats bein said, im eatin less and more frequent, b4 i was eatin once every 6-9hours now im eatin every 4-5 by eatin between meals like a banana or a yoghurt and in the gym im increasin speed on the say the tredmil but one each time and on the cross trainer keep wrkin my way up to the next level so altho im doin all thats bein sugested nothin seems to wrk?
  #56   ^
Old Mon, Aug-29-05, 13:56

Plan: UDS
Stats: 199/190/190 Male 69
BF:12%/11%/6%
Progress: 100%

you might want to invest in a caltrac monitor to help you record your calorie intake and measure your calorie burn each day. This will help you know whether your calorie balance is favorable for weight loss.

I would also suggest finding a place near you that does RMR testing so you know for sure if your metabolism is working properly.

Last edited by kbfunTH : Mon, Aug-29-05 at 14:23.
  #57   ^
Old Tue, Aug-30-05, 10:55
Clueless. ODAAT.

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 290.6/290.6/180 Female 5'10"
BF:I do not care!
Progress: 0%

Just had to throw my two cents in here...I just came off a 6 week stall where neither inches nor pounds moved. It was very discouraging. Fortunately for me, I have two family members who have successfully done Atkins/low carb. Both of them kept encouraging me to stick to the WOE because their experience was that - even if you stall for a long, long time - ultimately, the weight will come off. It's a weird WOE - but it works.

It's difficult to get used to such strange and unpredictable weight loss/inch loss patterns, esp. after being used to low-cal and low-fat diets. Hang in there!!!
  #58   ^
Old Tue, Aug-30-05, 14:35

what does WOE mean?

does any body no wat exercise is best to shrink ur thighs?
  #59   ^
Old Fri, Sep-02-05, 09:11
Clueless. ODAAT.

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 290.6/290.6/180 Female 5'10"
BF:I do not care!
Progress: 0%

Way of eating=WOE
  #60   ^
Old Fri, Sep-02-05, 14:40