Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Sun, Jul-10-05, 22:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 193/188/170 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 22%

Good for you Pete! I guess you and I both had the same idea rolling around in our heads this morning! ~giggles~

We both took control of the situation and decided NOT to binge.

Woo Hoo for us!
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Sun, Jul-10-05, 22:48

Plan: general lowcarb
Stats: 247/149/120 Female 5ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 77%

So far so good 1 day binge free 6 days to go..I will complete this challenge
  #63   ^
Old Sun, Jul-10-05, 22:53

Plan: Human Experimentation
Stats: 170/100/105 Female 4'10
BF:
Progress: 108%

I am going to try along with you. *twitches* We can do it. I spend 9 hours away from food a day, I suppose it makes it a small amount more easy. But that doesn't mean as soon as I go home I won't binge, lol. Gotta fight it.
  #64   ^
Old Sun, Jul-10-05, 22:54

BF:

So anyway I am off to this challenge and want to extend it out for those on the challenge to also dare: To also trying portioning down their usual amounts till they are full and stopping there. As my son quotes Bob the builder, "Can we do it..... Yes We Can!!!!!"[/QUOTE]

Great idea Big Daddy I'm in!!!
  #65   ^
Old Sun, Jul-10-05, 22:55

Stats: 193/188/170 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 22%

You are already off to a great start! I feel much, much better now. I can sleep with a huge on my face! Tomorrow will be day 6! We can do this!
  #66   ^
Old Sun, Jul-10-05, 22:57

BF:

You are too cute Dee....Yes we can all do this!!
  #67   ^
Old Mon, Jul-11-05, 02:00

Plan: A lifestyle change
Stats: 270/248/186 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 26%

I am in, one day binge free today!
  #68   ^
Old Mon, Jul-11-05, 02:40

BF:

A Great big Bear hug for everyone that made it through day 1 without a binge.A great big bear hug if you're having a hard time with your food or mental state. I am sooo proud of us all!!!
  #69   ^
Old Mon, Jul-11-05, 03:53

Plan: SB,FFP
Stats: 239.4/239.4/150 Female 5ft 3in
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
So anyway I am off to this challenge and want to extend it out for those on the challenge to also dare: To also trying portioning down their usual amounts till they are full and stopping there.

I will do this......I know I need too..
  #70   ^
Old Mon, Jul-11-05, 04:18

BF:

Participants in a binge free week, eating smaller portions, and stopping when our body says we are full..Please feel free to add your name if you'de like...
abetterme
ayustar
bigdaddys
kainiki
petersn78
sylynng

Okay guys and gals heres to a great week of being Binge free....If you feel like binging please come here and talk it through...I know it will be hard but we can do anything we put our hearts and souls into...At the end of our week of being binge free maybe we could talk about how it made us feel? If you do have an episode please know that we are here to listen, and pick you up and wipe your tears...
  #71   ^
Old Mon, Jul-11-05, 05:55
Registered Member

Stats: 495/444/275 Male 6'6"
BF:overload/alot/less
Progress: 23%

I am off to work now. I'll packed my breakfast and lunch controlling my portions and look forward to a week without the BINGE!! Have a great day everybody, keep up the great work!!!!!
  #72   ^
Old Mon, Jul-11-05, 09:55

Plan: 000
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'7"
BF:

I am so glad for this post. I am struggling with what seems like a relaspse in my bad eating habits.

When i began atkins in feb. '05 i thought this was behind me...only, lately, i have been bingeing on LC food now....eating way too much to the point my stomach hurts and the next day i'm retaining water and depressed. I am out of control AGAIN.

I do manage to stay away from non LC foods but this overeating of Low carb foods isn't good for me either.

Today is a noon meeting for Overeater's Anonymous. it's just down the street and I am going.

I can't do this much longer, it's ruining my life.
  #73   ^
Old Mon, Jul-11-05, 10:04

Plan: 000
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'7"
BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxgluvs
He distroyed my self confidence and self image to the point where I became almost agoraphobic.

This is precisely what has happened to me, 2 years ago living in calgary. it's why i ballooned from 145 to 200 lbs. I can totally relate.
  #74   ^
Old Mon, Jul-11-05, 10:34

Plan: south beach/atkins
Stats: 149/147/133 Female 5ft2
BF:dont know/32%/25%
Progress: 13%

ok pete my friend ,here i am.i did not go to work today because of what i did to myself last night.i got up this morning feeling sick and like a failure.i thought i had this under contol. now all i can think about is that cake.theres not but a little bit left and its for my son. not for me. my mind is full of the mental chatter... i cant work or live my life because of what my head is screaming. maybe if i put it on here it wil leave me alone...and those of you who said that you binge on foods you dont even like .im right there with you.i have stood in my kitchen with a spoon in hand eating right out of the pot of food my family did not eat(as fast as i can shovel it in) tears running down my face i would go up to bed because i felt sooo sick.go to sleep and wake up with a little less tight feeling in my stomach and go back down stairs and do it again until i felt sick.go upstairs and lay back down until i woke up the next day and felt like i was not even a human. but some sort of pac- man type of creature.those of you younger it was a vidieo game where this circle eats stuff. my husband knows that i have a problem but has no clue what to do.he thinks right now that i have this under control, beacuse i have stayed on plan.with the exception of last night and binges on legal food that he knows nothing about.sooo here is my mental chatter

i have no friends ,my family loves me fat or thin

i am gonna lose contol at some point might as well be now

i still have all my fat clothes,if you do it you will still have something to wear

my hubby dont look at me with any more desire now that i have lost a few so why do i care

i spent a lot of money on groc. this week i deserve to eat the food the kids dont want it any way

everyone makes fun of me for this woe (co-workers,family ect.) maybe if i go eat with them they will like me.

my weight is down a little bit maybe just a small binge wont hurt ,at some point ill get back on plan

i remember that while i was eating the whole box of cereal,i was happy.i want to feel happy

i ate the cake last night ,see i cant do this

i should just quit my job and lay here and hate myself.any way then no one could see the way i eat.

who cares who cares who cares....

then i cry and say....I THINK I CARE!!!!!! if no one else does i think i do . if i didnt care why would i be trying at all. i hate the way i feel when i m out of control.i HAVE to keep trying.after all iAM SUCCEDING,slowly but i am!!! we can do this!!!!! WE CAN!!! I CARE ABOUT YOU GUYS!!! im here for any of you if you need me!!! im here ,and i care!!!

Last edited by sherrybabe : Mon, Jul-11-05 at 10:56.
  #75   ^
Old Mon, Jul-11-05, 10:34
From Flab to Fab!

Plan: Fat Flush / SB
Stats: 300/225/185 Female 5ft 8"
BF:No Thanks
Progress: 65%

Participants in a binge free week

abetterme
ayustar
bigdaddys
Foxgluvs
kainiki
petersn78
sylynng

I'm definately up for a NO CHEAT week. I think half the problem with some of us is that we never really truly clear our bodies of the bad stuff, yeah so we get to the end of one week or a few days at a time, but you need to rid your body of the cr*p at least a month before the cravings go away.

We can do this!