Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Jan-02-02, 06:14

Plan: The Atkins Diet, CAD and CALP
Stats: 260/242.1/235
BF:
Progress: 72%
Cool How is everyone?

Hello and a fine good morning to all. I'm in such a good mood -- no, I didn't wake up 100 pounds lighter, I'm just in a good mood. It is suppose to snow tonight and tomorrow -- I can't wait -- I love the snow.

Anywhoo -- I hope you are all doing well. From what I know (via mom), I ate my meals as allowed by CAD yesterday and I was satisfied all day. I still am not showing a loss, but the scale didn't flucuate the way its done lately either. I'm happy. As soon as the books get here, I'll begin reading further. There's a package at the USPS, so Mark will pick it up on the way home from work this AM. This should be them.

Have a super day!!

Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Jan-03-02, 06:36

Plan: CALP
Stats: 286.65/254.3/165
BF:
Progress: 27%
Thumbs up It works!!

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to pop in and tell you how i went on my first week on Basic Plan of CALP.
Over the course of the week my weight went up and down, as the Heller's said it would and when I worked out the average weight for the week I was the same as the beginning!!! YAY!!

Why am I so excited???
well, firstly, I ate alot of very yummy 'take-away ' during the last week (following the CALP Reward Meal guidelines though)
and...
secondly, it is nearly TOM and I always put on 3 to 6 pounds or more just before!!!

Then just when I was really happy about how CALP was going I weighed myself this morning and I was 119kg or 262.4 pounds.
That is two pounds lower than my average weight for last week!!
Yes, I know that my weight will go up and down this week too and I will wait until I can average it out over this week before changing my statistics....but I could'nt wait to tell you all that CALP is working for me too!!!

Samtigress, i hope your CALP books arrived okay. All the best with the reading and the weight loss!

Dreamah, thanks again for all the info you have shared about your weight loss. I think you originally posted your success story on the SUCCESS STORIES section and it got moved to the CAD/ CALP section. I wonder if that is just because you were so modest and brief!!
Maybe, if you are not too shy,(and you want to) you could write an extensive version of your very exciting story. Include how you became overweight, how you found the CALP diet and how you lost the weight. If you were really brave you could include some before and after photos!!!!
Anyway if you did all that and posted it as a new thread in Success Stories i'm sure it would inspire lots of people ( and you would also get heaps of replys).

But please don't feel like I'm pushing you, I'm just very impressed and i think you deserve to take a public bow!
see ya,
kezza
  #33   ^
Old Thu, Jan-03-02, 06:53

BF:
Question Did you know that you can change your weight statistics??

I've noticed over the last few days a few people have lost weigh since they last wrote their statistics in their profile!!
(I think dreamah and wawtigress are at least 2 people).

PLEASE record your new weight in your profile so we can see at a glance how great you are going!

Just in case you don't know how to change your statistics, here is how to do it ...
1. Go to top of page and click on the 'profile' icon
2. when the next page opens click on the bit that says 'edit profile'
3. Up will pop all your details from when you joined up as a member of the low-carber forum
4. Alter anything you want, including your current weight
5. Scroll down to the bottom of your profile page and click on "Save Modifications'

and then go back to the main forum and if it has all worked out the next time you write a thread or reply your new weight will be with your details AND...the little man holing up the measuring tape will also be yelling out a larger percentage of weight lost!!!

Very inspiring!
I hope it works!
see ya kezza
  #34   ^
Old Thu, Jan-03-02, 11:34

Plan: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Stats: 260/195/140
BF:
Progress: 54%

Keeza,
Thanks for your input. You are right, I don't like to put the spotlight on me. I really enjoy reading everyone else's success stories, but it is still hard for me to think of myself as a success story. I will consider writing about it. Thanks. You are doing great!! Keep it up. I have also updated my statistics.
Dreamreh
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Jan-03-02, 22:25

BF:
Exclamation

Dreamah,
if you really did want to write your success story but are way too shy to post the the before and after photos...you could cover your face on the photos.
A few other people have done that in the success story section.
No-one seems to mind...only a few funny comments about mising heads!
i noticed the updated statistics....WOW, they look good!
That little man holding up the measuring tape will soon be yelling out "70 % Weight loss for Dreamah!!!"

The rate you are going it will be soon. Thanks for being so inspiring!
see ya
kezza
  #36   ^
Old Fri, Jan-04-02, 06:09

BF:
Smile Doing great!

Dreamah, I agree with Keeza -- you are doing great!! As for a faceless photo -- isn't that what happens to 9 out of 10 photos taken on this planet, or is that just a rumor.

Keep up the good work and happy LCing everyone.

God bless.

#37   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-02, 06:24

Plan: cad/calp
Stats: 200/186/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default Up and down,then down,down

two or three days ago I weighed 186. Then yesterday I was back up to 189, well , this am. I'm back to 186. So the reason they want that chart is very evident. I really enjoy this diet. I don't feel deprived.I think the reason they keep Moving us around is we're not exactly low carbers anymore with the Reward Meal.I haven't heard from any one except CAD people.Keep the news coming.If I can eat and lose weight (and I don't mean gorge myself,just eat real food)then I'm happy. I can wait for the time it takes to lose it.Wawtigress
  #38   ^
Old Mon, Jan-07-02, 08:14

BF:
Cool You are LCing...

Hi mom (WAWT) and everyone. How's it going?

As for the other threads, post, etc. and being moved around because of CAD/CALP -- I think we are still LCing. Maybe not as drastically as the "Atkins only" LCer's, but we are LCing. Can you honestly say you are taking in as many or more carbs as you did prior to starting CAD/CALP or Atkins? If not, then you are LCing. If you're taking in less, then its LCing -- no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Keep up the good work and don't let anyone make you feel or think you're not succeeding because you're not walking the same path they are. There's more than one way to do any one thing on this planet -- that's what makes it interesting and fun.

As long as you're losing pounds and inches, are healthy and happy -- that's what matters most.

Have a super day!! God bless.

#39   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-02, 06:32

BF:
Default Still CADing about

I'm still CAD/CALPing around. To eat good food and not gain weight but lose even in small increments is great. I'm still learning what works and what doesn't. I got some of the GTF chromium to take. I'm still using the art. sweetner but only in diet jello so I can have it with my lunch.This Sunday will be myi 4th week on the diet so I will have an idea when I average how much I've lost on this diet.Someone said somewhere that CADIS diet is a sight to go to to get info and that they have a support group. I went there but i haven't tried the support group yet. It sounded do intimidating with the rules and all. I did get a few REWARD menu examples. If anyone knows about this group please let us know.Wawtigress
  #40   ^
Old Sun, Jan-13-02, 12:49

Plan: CALP since Jan 1/02
Stats: 189/181.5/135
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default CALP ing

Hello everyone,

I lost 3 pounds as of this past Weds. since Jan 1 on CALP. I like this plan since it helps prevent me from getting the type 2 diabetes that runs in my family, and I can more easily get through the day if I know I can have a carb of my choice at my reward meal.

I have used the Yahoo group called "MyCAFriends" run by a friend of the Heller's. You're right WAWtigress, it is a bit intimidating to join. I find that I don't post there often, but if I do, the group are experts at answering any detailed question you might have that you can't find the answer to in the books. They also have a massive database of recipes you can look up. These recipes are for people on the Heller's plan, but are different than the recipes in the Heller's cookbook.

Good luck to everyone keep up the good work!

---Cady.
  #41   ^
Old Sun, Jan-13-02, 18:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 193/193/140 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 0%
Smile Hellow fellow Cadders!

I started this diet on Dec. 31, and have lost 6 pounds so far. I know I didn't gain three or four pounds a week (usually) before I started this WOL, so I am very happy losing 2-3 per week. Actually, I am ecstatic!

I don't obsess about my reward meal at all. It is easier to avoid temptation by telling myself I can have it later. And I only eat a tiny percentage of the junk I used to stuff myself with. I just think of it as dinner w/ dessert. Just don't look at my journal for this week. I need to improve the quality. This is not an excuse to call Domino's!

If the loss stops, I will change to Atkins, but for right now, I am okay. Fitday says I need to lose 1.5 pounds per week to reach my goal by 6/1, and I expect to be able to do so.

Anyway, I will keep doing this as long as it works. I have little willpower, and this is helping me grow stronger as I grow thinner...
  #42   ^
Old Mon, Jan-14-02, 07:12

BF:
Default Like this Cad also

This is so much easier to do than Atkins. I feel so much better and no swelling.I don' t feel deprived at all. And lots of time I don't eat all my food. Keep on Cading.Wawtigress

Last edited by wawtigress : Tue, Jan-15-02 at 06:06.
  #43   ^
Old Mon, Jan-14-02, 08:22

Plan: Zone
Stats: 165/163/145
BF:
Progress: 10%
Smile CAD

This is my second time on this WOE (as you can see by my stats I gained weight back!). It's not because of CAD, it was my crazy lifestyle! I kept the 25lbs I lost off for 2 years, and then I had a job that had VERY irregular working (and therefore eating) hours so all the bad habits came back! (If I haven't eaten all day, how much could pizza hurt me now?) Anyway, I have renewed my commitment to eating how I need to. I really like CAD and I never crave things, because you can always have them at dinner. I live with a very thin husband, so I like that we can eat a "normal" dinner together, whether it be take-out or dining out or cooked at home. I tried the spinach frittatas in the receipe section (without the cottage cheese) and they are great for breakfast, then lunch is usually a salad or leftover veggies from the night before's dinner. Dinner is anything (balanced of course). Don't feel bad about the occasional cheeseburger and fries....I followed the original CAD book that didn't require a salad or balanced meals the first time I tried this WOE and had great success anyway (I guess that works for some but not all).

Hang in there guys! Look forward to hearing more from y'all!
-animaldoc
  #44   ^
Old Mon, Jan-14-02, 23:35

Plan: calp
Stats: 342/295/190
BF:
Progress: 31%
Default reward meal

Just reading through this thread and wanted to add my thoughts. First I also find this a way of living the I can handle. The reward meal is not an obsession but whatever we are having- though I do find we eat more beans, cabbage and broccoli and less corn.peas and carrots than before. Secondly,I like the fact that the reward meal can be any meal of my choice on any given day - no set pattern, so I always feel in control.It is my decision to eat the full meal or the craving reducing meal at breakfast, dinner or supper. I love the flexability!
Good luck to all you fellow CALPer's
  #45   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 06:13

BF:
Default Hello to all CAD/CALPers

Glad to hear so many others are doing this diet now. This is the only diet I've been able to stick to for any period of time. I also feel I can do this for as long as it takes and then do the maintenace.Keep sending the thoughts and info. I love to hear how each of you are doing. HAVE A HAPPY CADing DAY.Wawtigress