Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Mon, Jul-25-05, 07:45

Plan: trying to figure it out
Stats: 214/201.4/160 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 23%

I think we all need a BOOST! No body exercising lately?
I missed 3 workouts last week, but I am back on track today. LBWO:
Squats
Deadlifts
Leglifts
Calf Raise
Crunches
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Tue, Aug-02-05, 12:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 279/257.5/209 Male 71"
BF:Not/Good/Enough
Progress: 31%

Alright! No one has posted in here for over a week now. I guess I'm going to have to get you girls going!!

I'm headed to the YMCA tonight to hit chest, shoulders, and triceps.

If y'all have any weightlifting questions, please don't hesitate to ask me. I was training for powerlifting back in high school... didn't get very far, in fact only did it for a couple of weeks, but I learned a lot about weight training. My problem is sticking with it. I can go strong for a couple of weeks and then I'm content sitting on the couch with the Playstation controller in hand!

I haven't been in a week, but I'm going tonight. And then I am going bowling with my sister and parents... (my sister is starting her freshman year at Auburn in a couple of weeks!! I'm very proud of her!)
  #93   ^
Old Fri, Aug-05-05, 14:44

BF:

hehe. I haven't posted due to PC troubles. Did Cardio today 3 miles and 45 crunches. Decided to stay low on the weights for a while and will pick it up again probably after the kids start school again since I should be able to make it to the gym then.
  #94   ^
Old Fri, Aug-05-05, 17:49
Wanna Be A Loser!

Plan: SouthBeach
Stats: 216.4/212/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Well, this is one definite area I need help with... motivated to exercise more consistently. I have been lifting free weights for my arems, but I think I need a little more variety than that! haha!
  #95   ^
Old Tue, Aug-09-05, 14:09

BF:

Monday and Today I did my 43 minute Cardio (3 miles) and 45 crunches. Will also do this for the rest of the week except Saturday and Sunday.
  #96   ^
Old Tue, Aug-09-05, 14:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 279/257.5/209 Male 71"
BF:Not/Good/Enough
Progress: 31%

I hear ya on the crunches! Good Job! Are those 45 in a row, or do you break it out into sets of 15 or something?

Those 33 I did the other day were in a row and my abs are still sore! That's one thing I told wifey. I said that I want to see my abs someday... I know they're in there somewhere!!
  #97   ^
Old Tue, Aug-09-05, 14:42

BF:

lol, I know what you mean, they are hiding Aubie, maybe we can lure them out
I do them in sets of 15 with about 30 sec inbetween sets.
  #98   ^
Old Tue, Aug-09-05, 14:59

Plan: general lowcarb
Stats: 247/149/120 Female 5ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 77%

Yesterday I exercised but forgot to post here I worked out on bowflex for fourty minutes. Yay! I love doing trunk rotations.Today will get my rear on treadmill. I'm going to try and make exercise a routine like breathing..We'll see how that goes Have agreat day all!
  #99   ^
Old Tue, Aug-09-05, 18:29
Wanna Be A Loser!

Plan: SouthBeach
Stats: 216.4/212/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 8%

I wrote this in Susan's journal, but I wanted to thank her and tell you all if you get Fit TV, then watch it! It is so motivating to watch (for me at least).

I lifted 5-lb dumbells tonight.
  #100   ^
Old Tue, Aug-09-05, 18:50

Plan: general lowcarb
Stats: 247/149/120 Female 5ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 77%

I love fit tv! Except sometimes I wind up watching them exercise more I also like discovery health channel. At 8 am they have a show on either fit tv or discovery health called I lost it! very motivational
  #101   ^
Old Wed, Aug-10-05, 00:09

Plan: A4L
Stats: 147/138/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 75%

I just skimmed a few posts. I'm impressed by how hard you are all working. Well done!
Me, I'm just aiming to get in a half hour walk each day. Trying to get the diet part down pat before I add in the exercise component.
  #102   ^
Old Mon, Aug-22-05, 09:47
Registered Member

Plan: Modified SBD
Stats: 185/178/150 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 20%

i can finally run again! started three weeks ago on the treadmill and could hardly keep up at 3.2mph even for 10sec. I was literally falling off the treadmill! Now I can comfortably run 4.3mph for as long as a minute in intervals. Yay! I have been doing a boot camp sort of program, and I'm FINE as long as I work out EVERY DAY- but as soon as I miss a day, I can really feel how badly I've been kicking my own butt! Soreness hits around 36 hours after the workout for me, so if I squeeze another in before that, I'm okay. I took two days straight off this last week, and literally could not do half of my normal routine the following day! So that's pretty good motivation for me.

My workout at this point is just under an hour of cardio, including at least 30min on the treadmill with varying intervals in incline and speed every minute or two (Top speed 4.4mph! Yay!) and rotating between 15-20 min on the elliptical trainer or the recumbent bike. I'm doing the Shape Bikini Blast workout from this summer's June, July and August issues, usually about 15-20 minutes (I'm a wimp.). Looking forward to getting some core training after about a month of this workout, and phasing in some balance ball work. I'm still pretty wimpy though, and struggling through a set of 12 basic crunches. I'm up to 12 each of each of 4 types of abdominal crunches so far.

So I'm still here! Just enjoying summer outside when I have a free minute! Expect to see a lot more of me as the weather gets uglier!!!

Miss you all, and I do drop by at least twice a week and skim posts, so keep in touch.

Enjoy the summer!!!
  #103   ^
Old Thu, Aug-25-05, 11:26

Plan: Bariatric Surgery/S.Beach
Stats: 280/143/145 Female 5ft 3 inches
BF:way/2/much
Progress: 101%

Hi Everyone,
I need your help

I have to exercise to get my weight moving down again. I'm hoping you all will offer up some tough love for me. I want to be acountable and get this going. But if you all would would please help me I think I get back in the grove of doing this.

1.I want to exercise 5 days out of 7 (Mon-Fri)
2.This exercise will last for at least 30 minutes
3.I will post to this thread each day I exercise

This is were you all could help me. If I don't post that I did that days exercise, please offer me a BIG KICK IN THE BUTT
I need the tough love.

Thank you all.
  #104   ^
Old Thu, Aug-25-05, 12:12

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 170/144/135 Female 165cm
BF:no idea
Progress: 74%

Hi. I'm new to the forum and have been on SBD just over 2 weeks now.
I've been going to the gym quite often since January. Typically, I'll go at least 4 days a week. Some weeks I'll even go 6 days. I go in the morning before work (7am).

I do a bit of cardio (15mins) and some resistance training (30 mins) most days. The only exception is every 3rd workout I dedicate to cardio-only and if I go on the weekend it's either yoga or kickboxing.

I don't think it's helped my weight much . . . but hopefully in conjunction with SBD I'll start seeing some results.

2/3
  #105   ^
Old Fri, Aug-26-05, 05:44

BF:

Welcome 2of3, Keep it up with the Exercise. You might not be seeing it now, but once you stop you will quickly be reminded that it does help out a lot.

Skippie!!! Get of your ~$#~^ and get in some exerices LOL

I saw one of my docs today and he told me to go very easy on my knees and legs for now. Very light weights until my inflammation is gone. I think I am actually not going to do anything until after the move (Movers are coming on the 14th)
I have another appointment on Wednesday with another doc to see what he thinks about it. I think we will go ahead and order some Blood Tests, too since I need to see what my Cholesterol went down to.