Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Mon, Jun-27-05, 19:02

Plan: general lowcarb
Stats: 247/149/120 Female 5ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 77%

Well I just got done doing twenty minutes on the treadmill. I only walked 1.08 mile and burned 137 regular calories and 42 fat calories. I have to make it a must to at least walk 20 minutes a day because if I dont its so hard for me to get back on the ol exercise wagon. I'm trying to make it a routine. My legs are so sore though. I wasnt able to walk real fast. Anyways keep up the great work!
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Mon, Jun-27-05, 20:18

Plan: SBD
Stats: 159/147.6/135 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default Back on Track! ( :

DH and I hit the gym tonite- M6/27/05
15 minutes cardio and 35 minutes working lower body-

3 reps of 10 at 10-15 and 25 lb weights accordingly:
Inner and outer adductors
Leg Press/Push/Pull

They had a really cool machine that looked like Pilates standing up or uh,....what's that called? Oh yeah, ballet? LOL! Have any of you seen this machine? It's pretty cool!! I was too chicken to try it this time, I just did all the regular leg stuff. I forgot how much I love weights!! I esp. love mixing cardio w/weights so I don't get bored!

T 6/28/05

15 min's cardio/treadmill
35 minutes on arms

Last edited by epicurgrl : Tue, Jun-28-05 at 18:59.
  #48   ^
Old Wed, Jun-29-05, 06:57

Plan: CAD (original version)
Stats: 154/153/135 Female 5'7"
BF:33%>30%>19%
Progress: 5%

Great job Pete and Epicur-

I even (gasp..shock!) ran on the treadmill yesterday(Tuesday) for 20 min. It was a little slow for me, between 5.0-5.7 mph, and burned around 180 calories, I forgot to look how far I went, but I'm guessing around 1.7 or 1.8 miles. I tell you, before I ran I was a total grouch, then after those 20 min. I felt like a brand new woman.

I MUST incorporate exercise into my daily activity, if only for my SANITY!

Plus we are having a family party next Sat, 7/9 and I want to look good. Most of the women in my family, except for my mother (bless her healthy kind heart), are competitive and vain, and I don't want to look as good as I possibly can.
  #49   ^
Old Wed, Jun-29-05, 15:18

Plan: trying to figure it out
Stats: 214/201.4/160 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 23%

hey everyone, you all are doing great. I just wanted to stop in and let you all know, I am not getting any exercise because I hurt my back the other day. It is still bothering me a bit and I hope it will be resolved by the time we come back from out little camping trip. You all have a good one!
  #50   ^
Old Wed, Jun-29-05, 19:41

BF:
Default thought this was funny...

#51   ^
Old Wed, Jun-29-05, 21:30

BF:

Good One Pete!

Today W 6/29/05

We did 15 minutes on the treadmill, went .75 of a mile, DH almost did a mile!! (but he is also 6" taller than me w/longer legs! LOL! )

And then did 35 minutes of leg and back work. Love the leg press where you're pushing up and you can feel the muscles where your butt meets your leg. I take those excruciatingly slow (maybe b/c I'm a masochist) but I really feel it working!!

Th 6/30/05

15 minutes on treadmill
Arms/weights -(shoulders, biceps, triceps)

Last edited by epicurgrl : Thu, Jun-30-05 at 19:41.
  #52   ^
Old Thu, Jun-30-05, 07:10

Plan: CAD (original version)
Stats: 154/153/135 Female 5'7"
BF:33%>30%>19%
Progress: 5%

Yesterday was a good cardio day,

8 miles on the bike 26:45 min

300 yds swimming, just over 8 min

I need to start doing weights too I like the burn!
  #53   ^
Old Thu, Jun-30-05, 12:08

Plan: SB,FFP
Stats: 239.4/239.4/150 Female 5ft 3in
BF:
Progress: 0%
Smile First good day of exercise

today was my first good day of exercise in a while......i could feel the burn....it wasnt much but I am sooooo out of shape.

Workout 1 Cardio
2 minute walk
1 minute side to side shuffle (10 shuffles to right 10 shuffles to the left and repeat).
1 minute walk
1 minute multi-directional jumps (forward center, back center, right center, left center, repeat).
1 minute walk
1 minute side to side squats (feet together step to the right and squat, spring up to center, step to the left and squat, spring to center, go back and forth as quick as possible).
2 minute walk
1 minute frog jumps (squat all the way down until hands touch floor, jump up in the air and repeat, make it a continous motion).

Workout 2 Biceps
Alternating Dumbbell Curls (keep elbows tucked in and do not swing the weights or I will find you and get you!).
Dumbbell Hammer Curls (both arms moving together, palms facing each other, elbows tucked in, raise up to chest level and down slowly).
  #54   ^
Old Thu, Jun-30-05, 13:47
Registered Member

Plan: Modified SBD
Stats: 185/178/150 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 20%

sorry i've been on the lam, girls! i've been overtime in the office catching up since my in-laws were here for a week, and i got sick to boot! i got in two days at the gym this week, but woke up so lousy with some bug or another the last two days i haven't been able to get myself to the gym in good conscience what with all the germ-spreading i'd do there...

i got a pilates video from the library last night, so i think i'm gonna try and work that in tonight.

keep up the good work, guys!

GWUINIFER'S TIP OF THE DAY: Nothing gets you moving like a good techno song. You just can't help it, like Baloo the Bear in Disney's the Jungle Book cartoon... Bring on the BEAT!

My toddlers and I had a mini-rave yesterday afternoon while Dad was out of the office- we shut the door and the blinds and put on the "I Like to Move It" song from "Madagascar" and 'moved it' briskly for abuot 15 minutes! We were all breathless and sweaty when Dad got home, and he was puzzled! We just laughed and told him it was our secret party. *grin*
  #55   ^
Old Sat, Jul-02-05, 11:24

BF:

Gwuinifer-- I heard the "move it" song last nite and laughed outloud- DH looked at me like I was crazy so I told him the story- he thought it was cute too!!
Now whenever I hear it I'm going to think of you getting your groove thing on!

Yest- Fri 7/1/05

Activity was "mallwalking" for a few hours before I got my haircut

Today- Sat 7/2/05

Bumped the treadmill up to 20 minutes and did 1 mile ( my knees bother me, so I break a sweat but I'm not breaking any records or anything )
Weights- Legs (quads, glutes, inner/outer thighs, calves)
  #56   ^
Old Sat, Jul-02-05, 20:27

BF:

Yay to everyone thats exercisng that is so cool! I finally got my booty on the treadmill to try one of those body for life HIIT. I did four minutes running on the treadmill teh fastest I could go wowe! i thought I was going to die! But hte endorphins kick in so much quicker. I then went and did some exercises on the bowflex. I need to get movin and groovin. Hubby is back in 29 days and counting...,
  #57   ^
Old Sat, Jul-02-05, 20:29

BF:

#58   ^
Old Mon, Jul-04-05, 13:17

Plan: trying to figure it out
Stats: 214/201.4/160 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 23%

Alrighty, I am back on track.
Did my HIIT today (Jogging and fast walking) for 20 minutes, Even got to see 2 deer while doing it.
Feeling great and going strong
  #59   ^
Old Mon, Jul-04-05, 13:20

BF:

Great job Miez & Petey!
Way to shake your money-makers!

Sunday July 3, 2005
We were gone on our trip, BUT! we were good, we took an hour long walk after dinner on some hilly terrain! So we sorta worked out after all!

Monday July 4, 2005
Nada, resting up for the week!
  #60   ^
Old Mon, Jul-04-05, 17:43
Registered Member

Plan: Modified SBD
Stats: 185/178/150 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 20%

my three- and four-year-old kids LOVED the movie, and both came out of the theatre singing that song. its pretty groovin'. *laugh* the lyrics are cute too. like, when you're fit, and cute, and self-confident, you don't need makeup, and all women are beautiful, so move your body, cuz that's where it's at, that kind of thing.

i sure planted the techno bug in my household though- i have been having serious allergy issues, only at night, and my husband sent me out of the house yesterday so he could clean our bedroom really well, and see if he could eliminate the source of irritation. i stopped by to tell him to come eat dinner with my friend and i and the kids and i could hear the throbbing bass line from the street! we don't actually OWN any techno- both of us are folk musicians! he had to specifically think, "I need some good techno for a change," hunt down an internet radio station that specializes in dance mixes and pipe it through our stereo from his laptop!

he said it helped him clean.