Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, Jun-24-05, 08:18

Plan: CAD (original version)
Stats: 154/153/135 Female 5'7"
BF:33%>30%>19%
Progress: 5%

I guess my exercise will be golfing tonight, I haven't been doing much lately.

Tomorrow I'm going to a grad party, but maybe I'll go spinning in the a.m. before. Then sunday I'm planning on biking & running. We might go to a George Benson (jazz) concert, but I'm not sure.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Jun-24-05, 13:31

Plan: trying to figure it out
Stats: 214/201.4/160 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 23%

Just checking in, had my full body workout today and feeling great. Off to watch some movies that we rented.
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Jun-24-05, 19:44

Plan: general lowcarb
Stats: 247/149/120 Female 5ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 77%

Hi there,
I just wanted to say great job to everyone for working out! I know its hard but we have to force ourselves to do it. I honestly dont feel like working out right now but I am going to get off this computer and do twenty minutes on my bowflex. I know my body will thank me for it later. Okay gals talk to you all later. Keep feeling the burn!!
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Jun-24-05, 21:28

Plan: Weight Watchers/S Beach
Stats: 201/195.8/135 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 8%

I too am new to exercise. I sometimes walk, but not often. I'm 48, will be 49 in Oct. and realize that to lose this 50 pounds (or 60), I need to exercise. Besides, I want to be a Beach Babe when I turn 50.
  #35   ^
Old Fri, Jun-24-05, 22:24

BF:

Welcome Rebecca, Just keep exercising and I'm sure you'll be a hot babe by fifty!!

I just got done walking on the treadmill. I walked 3.10 miles in 1 hr and 43 seconds, burning 402 regular calories and 125 fat calories on top of doing my twenty minutes on the bowflex. i feel absolutely wonderful right now!! I am determined to be 213 by weighin!!
  #36   ^
Old Sat, Jun-25-05, 07:41
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Hey Babes!!

This is the SBD Daily Dish and today's is on exercise!! Its a good one!!

Quote:

Eight Tips for Effective Weight-Training

(Published 6/25/05) You don't have to be a bodybuilder to experience the benefits of weight training. By lifting weights for a mere 10 minutes a day, two to three days a week, you can increase your metabolism, improve your posture, gain strength, prevent osteoporosis, and relieve stress. Plus, muscle continues to burn calories long after you've left the gym.

Below are eight tips to help you achieve the most from your weight training session:

1-Every muscle has an opposing muscle-make sure you work both to insure a balanced tone.
2-Try not to lock your joints or overextend the muscles. If using free weights, remember to protect your back by bending your knees.
3-Challenge your muscles by trying different weight training exercises from time to time.
4-Adopt a slow and steady pace-it's not a race.
5-If you don't feel it, you're not working hard enough. Try lifting heavier weights or performing more repetitions.
6-Both quantity and quality matter. Do at least 8 to 15 repetitions of each move.
7-Before you try any gym equipment, ask someone to show you how to use it. Most gym-related injuries stem from improper equipment use.
8-A little is better than nothing. Do what you can at first, and then work up to more.

#37   ^
Old Sat, Jun-25-05, 19:02

BF:

Thanks for that bit of info Judy.Well, so far I havent really done anything exercise wise YET but I find that if I do exercise in the night time then I wont binge, or eat anything illegal. So that is my new trick. I have self control during the day but not during the night so to exercise is going to be my new alli. Will report later what I do. I am going to do some form of exercise because I'm lovin the results and I'm lovin the feeling exercise gives me

Okay gals I just got done on the treadmill. I walked 3.30 miles in an hour, burning 420 regular calories and 131 fat calories. I love the way sweat dripping down my back feels its awesome! My legs are feeling pretty sore right now. I am noticing that my lower body is getting smaller but not my upper body. I have a large frame in other words I have wide shoulders. Does anybody know of any exercises that might help to make my upper body more proportionate to my lower body. I hate having skinny legs and big upper body. thanks so much!! Come on gals lets get motivated!!! No more excuses!!!

Last edited by petersn78 : Sat, Jun-25-05 at 22:26.
  #38   ^
Old Sat, Jun-25-05, 22:47

Plan: Weight Watchers/S Beach
Stats: 201/195.8/135 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Hubby's going fishing tomorrow, I think I may go for a walk. I'll let you all know. Have a good Sunday.
  #39   ^
Old Sun, Jun-26-05, 07:02

BF:

Hey Pete, you cannot make your upper body smaller (spot reduce)to have a more balanced body contour, but you can make your legs bigger (not fatter) and that will balance it out quite a bit.
Try for lunges and those ever so dreaded Squats. Squats are a girls best friend. Also, leg lifts, leg curls, Hamstring Curls, Calf Raises, Leg Press(if you got to the gym). Many things you can do to exercise your legs and make it more even all around.
  #40   ^
Old Sun, Jun-26-05, 13:56

BF:

AHHHH the dreaded squats!!! I dont know how I would look though if I made my bottom half bigger. I'm afraid I would look too much like a football player with my wide shoulders. Who knows maybe once I down to like 140 i'll look better. There are alot of exercises on the bowflex I can do the legs. I'm starting to work on my abs now, and trying to tone up my underarm wings Anyhoo, everybody keep up the great work!!! Lets lose lots of inches for the upcoming month of July!
  #41   ^
Old Sun, Jun-26-05, 14:22
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/191/134 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 14%

I like exercising...my question is this....should I go full fledge and get in 30 min of cardio a day to start....or is that too much on the first couple of weeks of induction? I felt horribly run down the last time I tried LC'ing and I'm worried to do that to myself again. Would it be better to just focus on the eating for the first couple of weeks then gradually work in the exercise? Thanks.
  #42   ^
Old Sun, Jun-26-05, 15:23

BF:

hey singlemom, you can go ahead and start exercising right away. Maybe start out with just 10 minutes a day and work yourself up. I am not a fan of too much cardio. I either take a slow 20-30 minute stroll, or I do HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) for 20 minutes max. You will get a lot more out of Cardio if you push yourself faster and harder for 20 minutes then if you would go at a steady slow pace for 1 hour.
If you would like more info on the HIIT, just let me know and I explain to you how I am doing this.
Anyway, whichever way you decide to go, exercise right away is very important for your loss and maintaining when you get to your goal. 5 minutes of exercise is better than none.
Good luck.
  #43   ^
Old Sun, Jun-26-05, 15:56

BF:

Howdy all,
Well, I just got done doing about ten minutes on the bowflex. not much but its better than doing nothing I suppose. I'm really trying to get into weightlifting but its hard. I guess I still have that old mentality that cardio is the way to go. Need to change that
  #44   ^
Old Mon, Jun-27-05, 06:13

Plan: south beach/atkins
Stats: 149/147/133 Female 5ft2
BF:dont know/32%/25%
Progress: 13%

ok iAM GONNA DO THIS TODAY!!!!!i have no excuse.my weight is down,i feel fine,i moved the room around so i can got to my crosstrainer with out climbing over boxes. my goal( i didnt keep it last time) is 20 mins 3 days aweek on my crosstrainer.

ok im done i didnt do 20 as planned .maybe i should have eaten breakfast first.i did 10 mins.im gonna go walk around the mall in the airconditioning for a hour or 2.will work on the crosstrainer thing.maybe 15 mins next time.

Last edited by sherrybabe : Mon, Jun-27-05 at 07:31.
  #45   ^
Old Mon, Jun-27-05, 07:24

Plan: CAD (original version)
Stats: 154/153/135 Female 5'7"
BF:33%>30%>19%
Progress: 5%

Goal today, 2 mile walk/run w/ doggie