Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Turtle Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Mon, Nov-12-01, 12:37

Plan: Aktins
Stats: 230/218/170
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Hey Bez!

Quote:
Wonderful story Ka3 but my daughter would not be happy with you about the singing bit as I alway's sing like no one's listening and she's always begging me to be quiet.
I play the guitar and sing. Funny thing is that I seem to do it best when no one is listening. THe fears that I have about 'doing it right' and 'what will they think' keeps me from being my best. I'm working on it in all areas of my life. Frankly, I think that you're a wonderful role model for your daughter by continuing to sing from your heart like no one is listening!!
Quote:
And we should all think like that all of the time as life is to short to worry about anything.
You're so right. Life is too short to worry, and yet it's like a plague. I've found that the cure is to just do it!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, Nov-12-01, 12:50
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Smile Hmmm

I think I'm a turtle now... I lost 2 lbs in the last month.. is that slow enough? Again, I don't mind, I love this LC just for the health benifits! I do think my cycle slows me down. I keep gaining 10 lbs a week or two before my TOM and it takes me two weeks to loose that and the two pounds. My body just loves to keep its water!!
Got a question, Tamarian.. can we add more threads or is this tread it?
  #33   ^
Old Mon, Nov-12-01, 12:55
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Smile

hi Lessara - click on "new thread" and post away. .. I want to get another thread going on special concerns for Unhurried Winners over the coming holiday season, etc.

I look forward to your new thread

Doreen
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Nov-12-01, 12:56
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/185/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Katherine
The complete line of the song is "and when you have the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance!' And yes, Mother was an inspiration to everyone she knew, she died last year of advanced Alzheimer's disease, but up to her last days, when music played she would clap her hands, smile, and try to sing. By the way, her name was Katherine. Since her passing I try to enjoy everyday the way she did but I'm not always succesful. It's sure been hard lately.
You are so right about this WOL being a way to get at least 1 aspect of our lives under a kinder, gentler form of control.
I was so upbeat this AM, lost another pound and was about to post to the Turtle Club joking that I would lose my membership, then more horrible news over the TV. We certainly have no form of control over the exterior of our lives today.
Try to have a good day.
Charlotte
  #35   ^
Old Mon, Nov-12-01, 13:37

BF:
Default WTG on your weight loss!

Quote:
. We certainly have no form of control over the exterior of our lives today.
No, but I remind myself that I do have control of my reactions to them. I decide how I will respond to my grief and anger (by healthily processing them & not stuffing them) and how I will live my life. It's more important than ever to allow ourselves the freedom to celebrate life without guilt while in the midst of tragedy. It sounds like you've had a very tough year and are ready to move on.
Way to go on your weight loss! Your mom sounds like she was such a happy person who loved music and celebrated life! Not to mention the fact that she had the best name ever! hee hee
  #36   ^
Old Mon, Nov-12-01, 13:43
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:

Quote:
Originally posted by mrsvvt2001
The complete line of the song is "and when you have the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance!'
hi Charlotte,

I'm sure your Mother's joie de vivre touched and moved the lives of many others too.

Just to mention, I do believe the song "I Hope You Dance" was performed by Lee Ann Womack, but I admit for the longest time I also thought it was Dolly Parton, since their voices are very similar.

Doreen
  #37   ^
Old Mon, Nov-12-01, 15:44

Plan: Barry Groves - Dr Atkins
Stats: 175/173/142
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

I'ts so nice when we go off subject and each give a little piece of ourselve away, it makes the world a nicer place to be.

Here's to fond memories and happy thoughts.

Bez

#38   ^
Old Mon, Nov-12-01, 16:53
Registered Member

BF:

Doreen, that is so funny. I've only heard the song on the radio and never really paid attention when or if they named the artist. She sounds exactly like Dolly! Everytime I hear it I get the "warm fuzzies" because every line is my Mother's philosphy of life. Yes she inspired many, every nurse and aide who took care of her,that could get off work, came to her funeral to honor her spirit.
Anyway thanks for setting me straight, I am going to buy the CD and I would have been looking forever under Parton!
  #39   ^
Old Mon, Nov-12-01, 22:17

Stats: 154/151/145
BF:
Progress: 33%
Thumbs up slow but sure!

Great idea for a forum, I must say. I am a slow loser, but fairly steady. Seem to keep it around 1/2 to 2lbs. a week. (Who am I kidding, 1/2 lb. a week). I look at it in milestones. first, I got excited to be out of the 150's, then I got excited to weigh less than before I had my last child... Baby steps, baby steps. I'm going to get there - we all are. I just love that I am not hating the journey, like my previous diets made me feel. Way to go everybody!
Hugs, Tama
  #40   ^
Old Mon, Nov-12-01, 22:55
Registered Member

BF:

How true about not hating the journey, that's what I had to make myself realize when I got so discouraged. I LIKE TO EAT THIS WAY, so just enjoy it and let the weight come off at the pace my body wants to do it, as Doreen says "Unhurried Winner". It is so remarkable not to be hungry anymore. On WW and every other LF diet, I was literally starving all the time and thinking something was wrong with me, not the diet.
A typical breakfast of cereal, milk, banana - starving 1 hour later, no that's not true, I was starving right after I ate it! Now, 2 fried eggs and 4 strips of bacon! Never, never hungry! No, I surely don't hate this journey.
  #41   ^
Old Tue, Nov-13-01, 01:28

Stats: 185/159/135
BF:
Thumbs up No more hungries, yeah!

I'm with you, mrsvvt2001. I don't care how long it takes to lose the weight (well, before I die, please) as long as I'm not hungry all the time. 12 days and still only 3 lbs down, but man! I am enjoying everything I eat these days.

--Coquina
  #42   ^
Old Tue, Nov-13-01, 07:28

BF:

I understand what you're saying. It's amazing how full I feel with this WOE, too. The carbs always make me feel hungrier. Isn't it great that we found out what works for us?
  #43   ^
Old Tue, Nov-13-01, 11:59

Stats: 154/151/145
BF:
Progress: 33%
Thumbs up

I got on the scale this morning, and it hasn't gone down. But, you know what? It hasn't gone up either. It's all good.
We'll get there.
Hugs, Tama
  #44   ^
Old Tue, Nov-13-01, 13:14

Stats: 230/197/135
BF:
Progress: 35%

Count me in on this club! I was out of town over the weekend and just found this thread. I'm a very S L O W loser, but can't begin to describe how good I feel since I began this WOE. I actually did gain over the weekend, but it's probably retained water from not being able to drink enough water.

How slowly do I lose weight? Well, I once told my friend that if I continue losing at this rate, I'll reach my goal weight when I'm 150 years old -- and as good as I feel, I just might succeed!
  #45   ^
Old Tue, Nov-13-01, 18:06

Plan: Schwarzbein prin
Stats: 158/155/120
BF:
Progress:

I didn't know this was here.............

HOME SWEET HOME!!!!!

yb