Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#91   ^
Old Fri, May-27-05, 06:20

Plan: atkins
Stats: 283/283/250 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 0%

Morning chicks.....how is everyone....i hope all is well...its been a little quiet on the thread lately.....im thinking we need to throw some excitement in here.....maybe everyone can say why they choose to lose weight at this point in there life instead of later on or 10 years ago???

Well for me...i finally turned 18...i became an adult....and i realized the older u get the harder it is to lose weight...and besides i have a whole future ahead of me...and my weight was going to determine that future....whether i would be a fat bride, be on medication, have diabetes,ect.... i wanted my future to be a happy one....i want to be happy and healthy and living it up...besides i plan on getting married at 21 (always wanted to get married in 2007 for some reason) that means i have 2 years to transform myself into a trim bride ...ok whos next
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Fri, May-27-05, 06:24
Bound for Onederland

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 239/188/199 Female 5 ft 7 in
BF:lil' bit, ok lots
Progress: 127%

yes, I want all that health stuff too but i will be honest here...I want to look better naked! I'm so bad!
  #93   ^
Old Fri, May-27-05, 06:28

BF:

elizabeth you are crazy....
  #94   ^
Old Fri, May-27-05, 07:31
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, low cal
Stats: 122/107/98 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress:

Morning chicks!!

Thank God it's Friday! And we get a three day weekend!!!

Well I want to lose weight because I liked my body better 10 pounds lighter than it is now. I gained these 10 pounds because I got lazy for 6 months. Now it is time to get back into it!

I am already at a healthy weight but 10 pounds lighter is my "hard body" weight.

I think we should all share our best tips and best recipes. As well as start posting our daily menus to get some opinions. What do you all think?
  #95   ^
Old Fri, May-27-05, 07:50

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 211/198/135 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 17%

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapbookr
yes, I want all that health stuff too but i will be honest here...I want to look better naked! I'm so bad!

I second that goal, for me of course. LOL I want to be able to look in the mirror and not scream in fright. Just kidding, but it is not pretty.
  #96   ^
Old Fri, May-27-05, 07:53

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 211/198/135 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 17%

I have tried other lc diets and Atkins is the only one that seems to work for me. Body For Life will work when I reach maintenence but then again it is not much different than maintenence. My friend was losing on Atkins and a co-worker lost 40 lbs so I decided to try it and here I am pushing the 40 lb loss too.
  #97   ^
Old Fri, May-27-05, 09:17

Plan: To Stay Sane
Stats: 275/239.4/224 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 70%

hi chicks! Sorry I've been MIA but I've been on "vacation" and my time at the computer is pretty limited.

FLAX CEREAL:

1/4 cup flax meal
1/4 cup mixture of sf Davinci or Torani syrup (or splenda and cinnamin), heavy cream, water

Mix and nuke for about 2 minutes. You may want to add more liquid as it thickens up nicely.

Here's my newest favorite recipe for PANCAKES: http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=250271

Hope you guys enjoy your long weekend! Keep it LC!!!!
  #98   ^
Old Fri, May-27-05, 12:53

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyrach
Morning chicks!!

I think we should all share our best tips and best recipes. As well as start posting our daily menus to get some opinions. What do you all think?

My best tip is to try to get most of your water in in the morning...and it will be a breeze the rest of the day (i should take my own advice)...as for my fav recipe.... i have some in my journal but here i will post it.. its an easy pancake...

"French Toast Pancakes"

2 Eggs
1/4 cup heavy (whipping) cream
1 TBSP of splenda
Cinnamon to taste
1/2 of a 3 oz. bag Pork rinds.
Splash of Vanilla

(1) Mix eggs, cream, splenda, vanilla and cinnamon.

(2) Crush pork rinds and mix with above mixture.

(3) Allow to soak until it becomes a very thick and goopy batter (3-5 minutes).

(4) Fry pancake style in butter until browned and flip over. Cook until done as you would french toast or pancakes.

Serve with any LC syrup and butter

I also like this "fried chicken"..i got the recipe from a friend...

chicken wing dings or bonless/skinless chicken breast cut into strips

rinse off chicken
place chicken in a bowl
add garlic powder, pepper, adobo,onion powder,and lots of parmesean cheese to coat...mix together well
pour grease in skillet and heat until hot
add chicken pieces in a single layer
cook until browned
take out and drain grease on paper towel
enjoy

I made a "honey mustard" sauce and a "hot sauce"

"honey mustard"
1/2 cup mustard
5 drops of lemon juice
1/2 ts of vinegar
onion powder
garlic powder
2TB of splenda

Mix everything together and dip

"hot sauce" (do not season chicken when using this sauce or it will be too salty)

cup of hot sauce
TB of mlted butter

mix all ingredients together and dip chicken in sauce or pour over chicken
  #99   ^
Old Fri, May-27-05, 14:27

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 20/08/00 Female 5'10"
BF:not/low/enough
Progress: 60%

Hi chickies....

I chose Atkins because of the fast loss (plus I don't think South Beach was around when I started). Atkins offers me everything I need right now and throughout the program.

I am back on it now because of the baby weight I gained plus some from finding myself at home sitting more. I was a restaurant manager before and during my pregnancy, and walked anywhere from 10 miles up to 20 miles a day if the shift was busy. I am pretty sure there will be no more babies... now it's time to lose the weight and move along.

It's too bad we couldn't find another way to challenge the SBB other than weight loss. The plans are pretty different though.

What is everyone doing for the weekend? I am going to try to find a lake to hang out at nearby.
  #100   ^
Old Fri, May-27-05, 15:05

BF:

hey shelley... this weekend im probably gonna clean...and then monday im going to cedar point
  #101   ^
Old Fri, May-27-05, 15:49
From Flab to Fab!

Plan: Fat Flush / SB
Stats: 300/225/185 Female 5ft 8"
BF:No Thanks
Progress: 65%

hehe, it's me, the evil competition from the south beach babes, coming to spy on you lot to see how things are going!! Mwahhhahahahah!!

just kidding, just wanted to say I LOVE that new logo you guys have, how sweet!

Wanted to also say good luck to everyone on their weight losses!
  #102   ^
Old Fri, May-27-05, 15:51

Stats: 296/258/136 Female 5 ft. 6 in.
BF:Lots, definately
Progress: 24%

Happy Friday chickies and HELLLOOOOOOO three day weekend ! Of course, hubby and I have a lot to do around the house as we have a house guest arriving next week. Our guest is my hubby's childhood best friend....he is a real sweetie, but he knew me when I was really thin so I am always self-conscious around him as I know he must be thinking "Boy, she let herself go".........ugh! At least my hubby and I grew at the same proportions

I think I said it earlier too, but I started Atkins to hopefully have a baby in the next couple of years

Hope everyone has a GREAT long weekend!!
  #103   ^
Old Fri, May-27-05, 18:04
littl' ol' me;-)

Plan: Atkins-my own
Stats: 160/135/125 Female 5'8"(almost)
BF:Too dayum much!
Progress: 71%

Count me in! Can we ask questions here like we do on the regular Atkins board? I tend to have alot!!lol
Juls
  #104   ^
Old Fri, May-27-05, 19:53
Registered Member

Stats: 266/208/199 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 87%

Hi guys,
I have been checking out the South Beach diet cuz I need to take back some fruits and grains but get confused when try on Atkins. I've been feeling really down [depression wise] and tired...unsure if it's just the depression monster rearing his ugly head or that I'm lacking some vitamins/minerals in my system. All the bad things you hear about Atkins, even tho I fight back tooth and nail sticking up for it, sneaks into the brain when starting to feel 'not right'. South Beach is also confusing to me as you are suppose to go for low fat foods and I thought low fat meant high carb?!?!?
ANYWAY...I'm gonna stay on Atkins but try to stay focused [yeah me focus...my other problem!] and take the vitamins et el, water, excercise a bit. AND talk to someone about my depression or Adult ADD. All I want to do right now is sleep and eat carbs - and the vicious circle starts.
  #105   ^
Old Fri, May-27-05, 20:58

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kertrats
Hi guys,
I have been checking out the South Beach diet cuz I need to take back some fruits and grains but get confused when try on Atkins. I've been feeling really down [depression wise] and tired...unsure if it's just the depression monster rearing his ugly head or that I'm lacking some vitamins/minerals in my system. All the bad things you hear about Atkins, even tho I fight back tooth and nail sticking up for it, sneaks into the brain when starting to feel 'not right'. South Beach is also confusing to me as you are suppose to go for low fat foods and I thought low fat meant high carb?!?!?
ANYWAY...I'm gonna stay on Atkins but try to stay focused [yeah me focus...my other problem!] and take the vitamins et el, water, excercise a bit. AND talk to someone about my depression or Adult ADD. All I want to do right now is sleep and eat carbs - and the vicious circle starts.

well first i want to say hello..i cant welcome you yet b/c you never said if u wanted to join...but as for the deppresion monster...i know how you feel... when i get too stressed i run for the nearest fast food place so i can enduldge away my pain...but in the end i just feel worst..and im left with a stomach ache...now i know its not easy to deal with...because im still trying to get over my "stress binges"...but something that has helped me was a friend from this forum told me to write a letter to myself explaining why i deserve to be happier and healthier...and to my suprise its really working....you deserve to be healthier as well... dont look to food for comfort because you will just fel bad in the end....next time you feel depressed just come on here and write your feelings in your journal, and go outside and take a walk...its really hard to do but just keep that in mind...and if u ever need a listening ear im here for ya.....

Nikki
Closed Thread